Who's your single favourite band, Yea Forums?

Who's your single favourite band, Yea Forums?
When did you first discover them?
Why do you think their music resonates with you?

Attached: Agalloch 5.jpg (1920x1080, 916K)

This

Attached: a2790744919_10.jpg (1200x1200, 251K)

My Bloody Valentine

Got into em around 2014. I dunno, there's a certain level of intimate care and serene beauty to their melodies I don't find with other heavy sounding rock artists.

Attached: Mbvwallpaper.jpg (2399x1346, 578K)

Brand New
Last year (newfriend here). Randomly decided to check them out after seeing TDAGARIM cover in some thread
Because I'm a lonely and depressed fuck and they knew how to avoid their musuc getting stale unlike the Smiths for example

Swans

Attached: 1520478112574.jpg (693x1024, 233K)

>this power stance
What did he mean by this?

His name is fuck

The Kinks, age 14. Mom heard "Picture Book" on that HP advert from 2003. We had "Have a Cuppa Tea", "Lola", and "Picture Book" on our CDs we'd make. From age 8-14 though I was more into the Beatles, Beach Boys, Doors, Rolling Stones, etc., but when I was 14 I looked into the Kinks some and the rest is history. 14 was really a turning point in my life for many reasons. Hate the Rolling Stones now.

lmao t. retard. I didn't read the whole OP. I think they resonate with me because they really weren't in line with the hippie revolution. They sang about Village Greens and stuff. I'm a more conservative fellow. My favourite song is Autumn Almanac and that's the kind of life I'd like to have, even if it's not glamourous.

probably Jeff Beck's group, I just really enjoy his guitar playing. I've probably been influenced by him in my own playing moreso than by any other guitarist

def these guys.

>When did you first discover them?
think i was 15 or 16.

>Why do you think their music resonates with you?
it's emotional, lyrical, soft/chilly but musically interesting, female vocals. just a perfect storm really of everything i love in music and done consistently and very well.

Attached: image.jpg (620x330, 49K)

A girl is a young female, usually human, usually a child or an adolescent. When she becomes an adult, she is described as a woman. The term girl may also be used to mean a young woman, and is sometimes used as a synonym for daughter. Thanks image search.

it's beach house senpai

LADYTRON

Attached: 1443631467337.jpg (3008x2000, 1.45M)

>The National
>Shortly after Alligator came out
>They've essentially provided the soundtrack to the last ~15 years of my life; undergrad and grad school, divorce (High Violet), finishing PhD (Trouble Will Find Me), postdoc (Sleep Well Beast), and probably the next phase of my life/career (I Am Easy To Find)

Horrible choice

Horrible opinion

It's a fact

No. A fact is that you're a clueless pleb.

Why do you talk about yourself in the third person?

These based boomers
Discovered them a couple of years ago after hearing sirena on my spotify discover weekly playlist. Thought it was a pretty good song and tried to listen to the rest of ocean songs, found it boring, and then wrote them off as some random old dudes who get together to make instrumental music. Back when I used to use discover weekly I wasn't as big of a music listener so this opinion came from an ignorant place. Still funny how accurate it is besides the boring part. Anyway I kept listening to that song every once in awhile and would slowly but surely start to listen to more and more of their shit until eventually I got really really fucking into them and realized just how great their brand of instrumental music really is.
Which brings is to why they resonate with me, feel like I've already wrote too much bullshit so let's just say they are un-sterilized instrumental music that covers a lot of ground in terms of general tone and never succumbs to gimmicky or pretentious shit like you get with bands like godspeed or something

Attached: Dirty_Three.jpg (5616x3744, 1.63M)

based and boomerpilled

Nine Inch Nails
i first started listening to them a few weeks ago, i'm not sure why but i just really like listening to their music more than any other band i've ever liked