Thoughts on this album?

Thoughts on this album?

Attached: unknown pleasures.jpg (355x355, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8-KvyKNSV7U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's good, but incredibly overrated and shouldn't be the face of post-punk. There's so much better post-punk out there.

Could not have say it better. It's good but overrated.

154 by Wire and Y by The Pop Group came out the same year so it’s hard to see what makes it so revolutionary
Also Closer is a lot better/interesting
I know people will shit on this because it’s popular but I really am underwhelmed on every listen

Siouxsie & The Banshees had already released "The Scream" and "Join Hands" when this came out. Peter Hook even said they were one of Joy Division's primary influences, and I think they did the whole moody atmospheric post-punk thing way better. Unknown Pleasures wasn't revolutionary upon release. The Scream was.

Attached: Siouxsie - The Scream.jpg (600x600, 102K)

most overrated pile of trash i've ever heard. my lord

Attached: CIiDngA.png (531x634, 684K)

Its alright
Nothing to sing home about

Insight is the worst song but only because of the lasers

loved it in high school
still love it
still overrated
i hate losers who wear u.p. shirts but i still have my poster from high school hung up in my house

Basically this, its amazing at first but listening to it now the production on most songs hasn't really aged well compared to other post punk classics. Still a solid album though. Closer is better.

fuck this overrated piece of shit album

I think it's a masterpiece. Took a long time to grow on me, but aged like fine wine. It's in the punk spirit recorded very minimalistically. But rather than using it as a rebellious gimmick, it's used to build a landscape. The rythm almost sounds like a fragile heartbeat, the guitars are weeping, and the vocals almost seem to float. It might not be the flagship of any sub-genre, but it's timeless in it's own way.

Attached: detras-del-icono-relevancia-legado-unknown-pleasures-1.jpg (1300x720, 98K)

Shit production

based

The lasers are bad but otherwise it's the best song on the album and has the best lyrics

This. Wire is so good

have this facebook meme

youtube.com/watch?v=8-KvyKNSV7U

Not denying that but which post-punk records would you like better to be the "face" of the genre

Wire is based. Great taste :)

Metal Box

Gotta be in a particular mood and ambience to really get into this album. The distant, dystopian vibe is there but I just can't tap into it casually, it takes work for me to feel it. Doesn't help that I generally like Closer more.

>Thoughts

Attached: 1526602780452.jpg (5000x5000, 1.3M)

>Siouxsie & The Banshees - The Scream
>Public Image Ltd. - First Issue
>Magazine - Real Life
>Wire - Chairs Missing
>Gang Of Four - Entertainment