Rank em

rank em

Attached: Big-Four-of-Thrash-Metal.png (1321x781, 325K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j4RLwLJYduY
youtube.com/watch?v=JSZlfn5FD7s
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All but Slayer were singleĀ“s bands. Anthrax is the worst of them all.

Metallica>slayer>megadeth>anthrax
anthrax is still pretty good though

metallica is the worst by far

Metallica=Megadeth > Anthrax=Slayer
all good tho
2 tiers

Metallica > Megadeth > Slayer > Anthrax

best album by each

Ride the Lightning
Rust in Peace
Reign in Blood
Among the Living

I agree with all of this except Peristence of Time for Anthrax. I think that is their actual masterpiece and I like it more than anything Slayer put out.

reign in blood
master of puppets
rust in peace
among the living

Slayer > Anthrax > Metallica > Megadeth

Kill 'Em All
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
Reign In Blood
Among The Living

Ahh the big 8
Exodus>Megadeth>Sodom>Sabbat>Pantera>Sepultura>Sacred Reich> and S u i c i d a l

>Exodus that high
>Pantera in general, much less classifying them as a thrash band
>Suicidal but no Anthrax
Fucking kill yourself

Pantera are better than your favorite band

Only valid opinion

But my favorite band is Megadeth. Pantera is garbage aside from Power Metal and a few of the Cowboys songs

show no mercy
ride the lightning
peace sells
anthrax sucks
if you unironically choose reign in blood you're retarded

>Pantera>Sepultura

Attached: 1548670579124.jpg (471x236, 53K)

Ride the Lightning
Peace Sells
Reign in Blood
Among the Living

OK yeah Megadeth are better but Pantera are still really great, what don't you like about them?

tough guy chugga chugga bullshit
you probably have sub 100 iq if you listen to pantera

>not liking chuggs
man up

nah he's right that caveman metal shit is embarassing.

Why is everyone so picky when it comes to metal? I literally candig any kind of metal

Metallica > Megadeth > Slayer = Anthrax. I say it everytime, and I'm always right.

There is no reason to explain why Metallica and Megadeth are both great and leagues beyond the other two, but it's worth mentioning that Slayer has been derivative garbage for the better part of their career and whatever contributions they made toward XTREEM metal were overshadowed by those that came after rendering them useless. And they weren't even good at spoopy evul metal for their time, it had been done better. As for Anthrax, they get too much hate, they're Slayer tier and not an inch beneath, they have good stuff, they have bad stuff, but overall are pretty mediocre.

Pantera was never a thrash band though, they were a glam metal band leaning more to the trad metal side and then groove metal.

Attached: Ashley-Tisdale-Feet-1409887.jpg (2705x3000, 571K)

this except Slayer are way better than Anthrax

Megadeth > Metallica >>> Slayer >= Anthrax

That being said Voivoid (and Watchtower) are the superior thrash bands
youtube.com/watch?v=j4RLwLJYduY

Attached: nothingface.jpg (226x223, 11K)

Slayer > Megadeth > Metallica >= Anthrax

Slayer
Slayer
Slayer
Slayer
Slayer
Slayer
Megadeth

Slayer is not way better than Anthrax in any way. For every good Slayer song there is a good Anthrax song, and a shitload of filler and forgettable throw away material in between.

Attached: SlayerCARDED_2048x2048.png (1000x1000, 1.11M)

>Megadeth
Rust In Peace

>Metallica
Ride the Lightning

>Slayer
Seasons in the Abyss

>Anthrax
Have heard exactly 0 of their albums.

Attached: 00-lala-head-in-game.jpg (2039x2894, 1.62M)

chugs are sick as shit if they're not retarded pantera groove bullshit that relies entirely on them. metal has always used them but not retardedly like pantera.
youtube.com/watch?v=JSZlfn5FD7s
>Slayer has been derivative garbage for the better part of their career
you mean like every big 4 band after 1990?
>whatever contributions they made toward XTREEM metal were overshadowed by those that came after rendering them useless.
that's an absolutely cancerous way of thinking. music isn't obsolete just because someone else takes it further. slayer offers a different experience than the bands that one upped them in extremity.
>And they weren't even good at spoopy evul metal for their time, it had been done better.
that's just silly. there weren't a ton of competitors and most of them were amateur in comparison. slayer is easily the best underground metal band of the first half of the 80s.

>you mean like every big 4 band after 1990?
Subjective but fair enough, though none have stagnated and repeated themselves as much as Slayer
>that's an absolutely cancerous way of thinking. music isn't obsolete just because someone else takes it further. slayer offers a different experience than the bands that one upped them in extremity.
It's not a moot point when the number one thing Slayer fans point to to prove their superiority is that they were more extreme. Well, that throne was quickly usurped within a couple years.
>that's just silly. there weren't a ton of competitors and most of them were amateur in comparison. slayer is easily the best underground metal band of the first half of the 80s.
If Halloween devil music is what you're looking for, Mercyful Fate did it better than Slayer.

Metallica>Megadeth>Anthrax>>>Slayer

I'm the poster you quoted and I appreciate your civility. The lower tempo chugs don't go with the aggression and attitude they were trying to force with their look and lyrics, and they do that on every fucking post-Cowboys song. Even something potentially good with a doomy vibe like Floods has that shit. Listen to the demo "The Will to Survive" and then tell me that we were better off with "This Love". Pantera is a direct predecessor of Five Finger Death Punch with their bullshit, I'd argue as the biggest "groove metal" band they're also responsible for nu metal and metalcore

Pantera IS my favorite band

>though none have stagnated and repeated themselves as much as Slayer
does it really matter which pile of shit smells worse?
>the number one thing Slayer fans point to to prove their superiority is that they were more extreme.
that's only what reign in blood fanboys think. i've never heard that in my life from somebody who thinks any other slayer album is the best
>If Halloween devil music is what you're looking for, Mercyful Fate did it better than Slayer.
they didn't do it better because they did different things. you generalize as something like "halloween devil music" when you can't just sum them up with that. they're wholly different experiences

Whatever they're still amazing. Maybe learn to just enjoy music and not be a fag

i enjoy music that's actually good thanks

Celtic Frost > Everything else.

that's a fact this is an opinionated question

Attached: 1551021458615.png (970x980, 996K)

What a disgusting meme

In terms of success in the mainstream; Metallica is number one. But I'll always be a Slayer guy---they continued to make thrash while the other's dipped in radio rawk and later dad rock. Slayer is the pure answer.

Metallica = Slayer > Megadeth > Anthrax

Kill 'Em All = Ride The Lightning
Reign in Blood = Seasons in the Abyss
None
None

From best to worst
>Megadeth
>Metallica
>Slayer
>Anthrax

Anthrax sucks ass

Megadeth > Slayer > Metallica

never listened to anthrax

>Pleb Ranking
Slayer>Metallica>Megadeth>Anthrax
>Actual Ranking
Metallica>>>>>Megadeth>Anthrax=Slayer (their only really good album is Hell Awaits)

>ranking Slayer on top
>not ranking Anthrax at all
How did some of you end up being this faggy?