Rush

What's your opinion of Rush? When did they stop making good music, or did they never stop? Is Hemispheres overrated?

Attached: large.jpg (500x444, 58K)

>When did they stop making good music, or did they never stop?
They never started

>implying
They made 20 albums, there has to be something you like out of all that

I think Rush is great. Their best period was from Farewell to Signals. Hemispheres is not overrated. Hold Your Fire marked a turning point for the worse. Vapor Trails is the only album after that that I think is good.

Greatest band of all time. I don’t believe they made “bad” music but my love for them lies within the years of 1974-1983. I think Hemispheres is overrated, but La Villa Strangiato is their magnum opus so go figure. Best album is objectively Moving Pictures.

Prog shite!

S:
Hemispheres, A Farewell to Kings, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures

A:
Signals, Fly By Night

B:
2112, Grace Under Pressure

C:
Rush, Snakes and Arrows, Clockwork Angels

D:
Everything else

hate this guys voice

Attached: GeddyLee-500x445.jpg (500x445, 46K)

Great band.

Geddy Lee is rivaled only by Les Claypool in terms of bass skill

Pretty much this, But Snake and Arrows has its moments

DAE LIKE AYN RAND????? LOL

sperg more

They never stopped making good music, at least comparatively. None of their albums are bad or even particularly mediocre, but some inevitably pale next to the classics. IMO each era of Rush was good in its own way. I'm not a loyalist to any one period, and I don't think many Rush fans actually are either. It's just something that gets blown out of proportion.

>no Power Windows or Caress of Steel
What in tarnation...

>Fly By Night
that's a C at best

Rush S/T is pretty bad though, even Feedback is better

The best Rush album is actually two albums, because Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres should be treated as a double LP, change my mind

It's fun, high-energy hard rock. It may seem tiny compared to Moving Pictures but I think it's a really enjoyable listen. Everyone's so quick to dismiss it but I like it.

I can't

The problem I have with S/T is that it's not what I listen to Rush for. I don't listen to Rush for high energy hard rock. I listen to Rush for killer bass solos, cheesy synths, and 40 minute songs about mountain wizards.

can you imagine if they never replaced Rutsey with Peart?

Signals is "S". Caress of Steel is "A".

Rush is better when they have cold synths and sing about sociology.

What the fuck is S?

So do I, but I also appreciate their ability to strip things back to the bare essentials and pull it off without a hitch. I can't help what noise sounds good when it hits my ears.

A ranking used to describe a level that is so superlative that it cannot be described by the traditional ranking system (A, B, etc). It may be used in real or fictional tournaments such as in martial arts, fights in fiction, or video games.

Gotcha, thanks.

This but unironically
Power Windows is GOAT

Permanent Waves is their best desu also Hemispheres isn't overrated, it has some of their best stuff

I think musically they lost some of their spark, but lyrically they only seemed to get better and better. S&A had some of the best lyrics in their discography, IMO.

Imagine being this ignorant

Sick quads bruh

Someone put all Rush's albums in the sharethread

Hold Your Fire is a misunderstood gem desu

Attached: 56B9CF57-D857-42A8-9947-7E634EF0DADE.jpg (289x292, 14K)

I like their poppier synth-heavy stuff.

Hold Your Fire is underrated but I feel it's mixed a little flat

Grace Under Pressure was their last great album, and their best IMO.