Which genre are you most knowledgeable about?

Which genre are you most knowledgeable about?

Attached: 71Rh0pdZY-L._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HgsVUkunX-o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

70s american power pop

What's your favourite album within that?

Being 'knowledgable' about music is an autistic trait which ultimately spoils the magic, for this reason I purposefully don't even know the names of my favourite songs or who sang them.

Attached: nico.jpg (500x428, 61K)

Twee pop, easily.

Music.

Hip hop

2010’s psychedelic rock/pop

Emo and grunge. Often the songs and musicians are about depression, suicide, and dying. It gives me comfort

postmodern basketweaving

A bit specific, can you be a little more vague please ?

ambient

Tourism

Based

any

baroque

this

shoegaze :)

nice dubs

slowcore.

The genre that is MatPat's wife Stephanie.

Attached: 51179637_455759618293540_4329553415495823137_n.jpg (1080x1349, 70K)

favourite shoegaze bands/albums?

i dunno just different types of rock.

this and I love it

Metal. Though i havent listened to much the last 3 years

>hehe idk user, i listen to all types of music really

Reggae and dancehall, as the name might suggest. Plus other forms of Jamaican music to a similar and other times lesser extent (rocksteady, dub, mento, etc.)

Attached: cornell-campbell.jpg (600x600, 63K)

avant folk

what are the best twee pop albums?

cheap trick

>Minimal Techno
It's not even my favourite genre
kek

Attached: GettyImages-185052576_MARK_HOLLIS_2000.jpg (2000x1270, 388K)

baroque and psychedelic pop

Post-rock, minimalist classical and space-rock

Eurobeat and Hyper Techno

I love all of that but I don't feel like I know a sufficient amount on all of them to say I'm knowledgeable. What have you been enjoying lately?

>post-rock
I've recently re-listened to Tarentel's discography, can say all their albums are pretty solid, especially the debut and the last one, EPs are good as well. Also checked out Acquatica by Scenic, had a quiete nice experience with it
>minimalist classical
I've been looking through some Russian recordings of that genre lately, most of all enjoyed Vladimir Martynov. My friend also gave me a CD by a Canadian composer Peter Hannan a few months ago but I haven't bothered to listen to it until recently. All I can say is that it's really damn good despite of occaisiopnaly paying less attention to the laying of sound, still no idea how that guy didn't become more popular
>space-rock
Last time listened to 7% Solution - All About Satellites And Space and it kinda reminded me of Stratosphere with its dreamy sound, though sometimes I felt like that album needed a bit more progressive structure. Still would strongly recommend nevertheless

Tarentel are quickly becoming one my all-time favourite post-rock outfits. Their compilations are wonderful and I recommend them to anyone who likes bands like Windy&Carl, Natural Snow Buildings, and Stars of the Lid.
7% solution are underappreciated. I've been meaning to revisit their discography for some time.
I'm not sure if you've already listened to these but I think you'd really like them if you haven't
Salamader - Red Mantra (Post-rock, Space-Rock record with a slight folk influence)
Yind - The Yind CD (another underappreciated post-rock record from the 90's taking influence from krautrock)
Snark - Block Diagram (somewhat inconsistent electronic post-rock record that has sections that would appeal to fans of Tortoise)
youtu.be/HgsVUkunX-o

Attached: R-2117572-1264970903.jpeg.jpg (300x297, 12K)

What are some works that bridge the baroque with the classical period? What about works that bridge the renaissance with baroque (other than Monteverdi)?

mucore

probably industrial
pic mostly unrelated

Attached: ladyboy keep away.jpg (1536x2048, 413K)

>VAG FACE
kino

toilet rock
autism

>I SAVAGE MY ANUS
>DR GAY
>I LICK RAPE PUSSY
>CUNT BUCKET
>CHILD TRAFFIKER
>I WILL RAPE U

Attached: 1447882000081.png (171x278, 92K)

Black metal

late 90s emo

Wow, same here. Never thought I'd see the day. What do you think of their lesser known stuff like Lovin' Money, Blow Me Away, Fan Club, Pain Pain, Violins, etc.? How about One On One and Next Position Please?

90s alternative

prog

>shit on my chest
>up the bum no baby
I want to purchase these immediately.

hard to say
maybe emo rap

symphonic Chilean death polka

Stoner/sludge metal

Rap

European free jazz, canteburry scene and like john zorn-core

who are you?