At what age did you grow out of genre tourism?

At what age did you grow out of genre tourism?

Attached: 1551821265348.jpg (1781x4325, 2.53M)

16 or 17

At what age did you grow out of shaming people for genre tourism?

Not yet? I've been here for years and I still love many of these albums.

At what age did you realize you should listen to what you enjoy, and not what you think will make you interesting?

20 my taste is a mix of mu core and my personal favorites

What is genre tourism? Can you explain for me?

Basically only listening to classic essential albums from a genre, rather than digging deeper and finding more stuff that you like. Someone who calls themselves a fan of electronic music but only listens to albums like Selected Ambient Works 85-92 would be a tourist

I grew into it actually. Ten years ago it was just a constant classic rock circle jerk with me.

I see, thank you.

I’m a metal tourist and electonic in general tourist. Other genres I’ve developed. I’m happy where I’m at.

How do you know what you will enjoy if you only listen tourist albums?

Montie's supreme memes again.

You can love some of those albums and not be a tourist if you’ve also explored the genre more in depth

The term has been around longer than Montie you tourist

What are you talking about? If someone listens to a lot of mu core shit, then that's what they like. There's no threshold that must be passed before music can be meaningfully enjoyed

Better than all Yea Forums core

Attached: Tesseract - Altered State.jpg (1000x1000, 240K)

best tesseract album.

Probably not better than all Yea Forumscore but certainly underrated and underappreciated.

That vocalist is awful

one of the best modern metal albums. but polaris and sonder are mediocre, makes me think altered state was sort of a fluke
plebe detected. ashe is a god-tier vocalist