APOLOGIZE INCELS

Billie Eilish is the Kurt Cobain of our generation and saved rock music. And she’s only 17.

Can we we all agree she shall now be the unquestioned queen of Yea Forums?

Attached: 2212F364-8EBA-4A07-A440-9B516CCFA44D.jpg (750x743, 431K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PFwUXt_SmMs
youtube.com/watch?v=yaJx0Gj_LCY
youtube.com/watch?v=tWbLkXhGEmo
youtube.com/watch?v=NAj8suae3WY
youtube.com/watch?v=drVCYItHV-w
standard.co.uk/lifestyle/esmagazine/billie-eilish-interview-a4076851.html
youtube.com/watch?v=RIpcv9sxlqI
youtube.com/watch?v=zMNn_O7Zur0
youtube.com/watch?v=pkTF5DRBxpI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i don't get why he said that
she literally doesn't make rock music, regardless of what you think of the quality of it

I think we can all agree that Dave Grohl is the most diet rock imaginable.

wasting his time, she only fucks niggers

You can’t sing Wuthering Heights in the original key with Denzel’s cum sauce in your mouth.

youtube.com/watch?v=PFwUXt_SmMs

thanks user I shall go to sleep now both chuckling and gagging.

No proof she’s fucking but okay.

>rock
>no guitars whatsoever

Her singing voice is deteriorating due to poor technique, she doesn't play an instrument nor does she write her own music/lyrics. Only thing saving her is the visuals.

>she doesn't play an instrument nor does she write her own music/lyrics
Ok she is a literal nothing.

Attached: 1531518794001.png (640x668, 235K)

youtube.com/watch?v=yaJx0Gj_LCY

Tha's it, Fantano is going to undoubtedly give her album a NOT GOOD if it's filled with this kind of trash.

copycat bitch
youtube.com/watch?v=tWbLkXhGEmo

Nah. I get where you're coming from, but overall Foo Fighters are a solid Rock band (their last two albums aside). 21 Pilots or Imagine Dragons are much shittier modern excuses for Rock bands.

That comparison makes literally no sense. Also who is he

All the above is garbage for people who like coca cola and pizza and nothing else.

I don't get why he would compare her to Nirvana. Why not compare her to whatever young female Pop singer was doing slightly darker stuff in the early 90s? Like Sinead O'Connor or something.

dave is really losing it

SELLOUT FUCKHOLE

I feel like it would be harder to get famous having NO talent than getting famous WITH talent. I'm impressed.

It's just because she got famous very early and her music is adored mostly by teenagers, just like when Nirvana

C’mon man look him up he is an incredibly famous drummer

Sinead could actually sing.

Gross.

Dave is getting senile.

Someone post the gif.

DAILY REMINDER /OURGIRL/ KATE WROTE THIS MASTERPIECE AT 13 WITH ZERO HELP:
youtube.com/watch?v=NAj8suae3WY

I'm gonna post this in every Billie Eilish thread, for your edification.

I was at UCLA taking a music business course. Among the teachers were Steve Berman, a current chair at Interscope, Billie's label. The class was basically a marketing workshop, but the teachers made us each (for one whole quarter) come up with marketing plans. The artists inclued Louis the Child, Bas, 6lack and Eilish.

To me and most of my group, these artists were dead in the water. They were talented, but not stars. The labels are DESPERATE to stay on top of things.

So, take from that what you will, but yes, she is an industry plant. She is being watered and tended to as we speak. And yes— to anyone who's never heard James Blake when he was hot or any number of tired rnb-hop records— her music is bland and uninteresting. Keep saying so so that she either goes away or gets better.

>They were talented, but not stars.
Very telling, considering how Billie got signed to Interscope at age 14 with only one major song (Ocean Eyes), which she had zero participation in writing/composing.

Did they give any hints as to why they signed her?

P.S.: The marketing plans involved everything except "making the music better." It was all a ploy to increase their online engagement, through giveaways, social media publicity stunts, collabs with other artists etc.

As long as these old-guard record labels exist, we as consumers will always have mediocre artists like this shoved down our throats.

I'm so fucking sick of dave fucking ghrol. Listen you sack of shit - and I hope you're reading this - you are the epitome of a TRY HARD. You envied Kurt so fucking much, you tried to do what he was doing, even when he was doing it.

Your cheeky cunt behaviour, smiles, and fake "goofy" attitude, was ALWAYS cringe inducing, and you could see plainly in the nirvana photo shoots, this was a way to take the piss out of cobain, who I'm SURE you thought was just a cry baby because he didn't bend the FUCKING knee and make shitty, safe, boring, try hard, diarrhea-tear dirty bootyhole, dad BUTT ROCK. you fucking stupid, over compensating HACK.

You have always, ALWAYS tried to get that limelight, and you are just simply the most CLUELESS rock musician that this world has ever known, you are so full on with your head up your own ass, you cant even see you've been making the same shitty music with no variation for the last 30 fucking years. Kurt was right to make you stay in your place, and it was a fucking privilege that your song writing skills got even fucking CONSIDERED you ultimate fucking normie. You cant scream, you cant sing, you play too many chords and meander like the unthinking troglodyte you are. you have no TASTE. you SUCK.

They basically just said "she has something." All the clichés about artists came out. "She just needs to be put over the edge." Clearly, they were banking on her youth and aesthetic.

I don't have specifics about her signing, all I know is that yes, the "industry" is actively fighting to stay alive as the tastemakers.

Attached: yousuck.gif (240x422, 1.11M)

My impression of Billie is this: 90% of what makes her songs good is her brother's production. It's very obvious Billie herself isn't a very good singer, her vocals have no power or range, and as soon as she's paired with more intense beats or a more talented artist her voice gets drowned out (this was even the case in her duet with Khalid). You'd think with all the money that's being thrown at her career her label would focus more on bettering her actual singing and team her up with a God-tier vocal coach who could teach her to sing like Kate.

Her aesthetic is another thing. I find it no accident how she dresses and pals around with SoundCloud rappers despite her music being this soft "alternative" pop Lorde-type shit. Do you think this was manufactured as well?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 1.30.57 PM.png (547x560, 698K)

It's tough to say. Again, I'll just mention that all I have confirmed is that she is an "industry plant" insofar as she is under their guidance.

I personally would guess that her aesthetic isn't totally manufactured, nor is it totally organic. It's very possible that a white girl in 2019 would fetishize streetwear and black culture generally, since that is the current thing.

I wouldn't necessarily even attribute her musical /artistic mediocrity to the labels or to her brother or even to herself. She is a literal child with little musical or thematic insight to offer anyone that is of legal age.

so could kurt cobain

youtube.com/watch?v=drVCYItHV-w

i agree with you.

>having an opinion on music makes you an incel
What did the retard mean by this?

I mean, it's pretty obvious to anyone with critical thinking skills Billie is planted/manufactured. I didn't know who she was until spring of last year, then by late summer it seemed as if she was literally everywhere despite not having released a full-length album or having a single top 40 hit song.

She doesn't seem like she's an artist with much longevity, only because her actual content is pretty substanceless and she doesn't have the voice or songwriting skills to carry herself.

Dave was always a goofball who never took himself that seriously or had much to say as a musician.

He only wishes he was 1/10th as good as Motorhead, Zeppelin, the Stones, and his other heroes.

foo fighters are the same thing though, you're probably just young enough that you grew up after they were already cemented in the mainstream and didn't know that the 90s equivalent of Yea Forumstants would have shit all over them

So Dave, if you love Kurt so much, why do you always refuse to play Nirvana songs live?

BE is just another of the many spoiled Los Angeles brats who use their parents' connections to the entertainment industry to get a career. You wonder if maybe Christgau was right all along when he made fun of the place by calling it El Lay?

god damn cobain is probably rolling over in his grave if his drummer really meant this

What's cringey is how Billie denies being a plant and even claims she "grew up poor" despite Highland Park being a gentrification warzone.

Read this shit if you can stomach it:
standard.co.uk/lifestyle/esmagazine/billie-eilish-interview-a4076851.html

FF were good for all of two albums and it was downhill from there.

>As long as these old-guard record labels exist, we as consumers will always have mediocre artists like this shoved down our throats.

Industry plants have existed since the very birth of rock and roll when they had Pat Boone and Ricky Nelson.

I believe dave thought him self to be the antithesis to cobains attitude - he's just a fucking corny butt plug.

>"lol wtf dude why are you so serious just be goofy like me, im so carefreee"

this retard had about as much a clue as a hair on a dogs ass.

Didn't this guy also claim Lorde was the future of rock and roll or something?

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

Foo Fighters are music for 40 year old businessmen to listen to while working out on the treadmill.

Did they mention Greta Van Fleet anywhere?

youtube.com/watch?v=RIpcv9sxlqI

>The 49 year old rocker – who also has nine-year-old Harper and 12-year-old Violet with his wife Jordyn Blum – says that his ear-melting vocals are thanks to his hero, late Motorhead frontman Lemmy, who influenced a generation of artists with his hoarse vocal styling.

>He said “One of the things we’re most proud of is we’re fucking raw.

>“I don’t want it to sound like the record I want it to sound like Motorhead live at Hammersmith!

“My favorite vocalists are like Lemmy. I’m not a fucking crooner, I don’t have in-ear monitors, we’re really old school.”

Khalid is another industry plant.

How many years until she ruins her voice? I give her three.

Ugly as hell (>unibrow) and zero sense of fashion--she dresses like a fucking hobo.

>be suburban soccer mom
>your 12-year old daughter really wants tickets to see this new pop idol
>says everyone is talking about it and it's all over youtube and spotify and it's really, really cool
>get your tickets and go with her to the concert
>opening act is angry black man in his mid 20s yelling on stage
>the headliner is a 17-year old white girl who dresses like weird boys from high school
>she does a duet with the angry black man
>look down at your daughter
>"honey it's past your bedtime and it's time to go"

Attached: coalburnertour.png (930x595, 419K)

>Kurt Cobain of our generation
so Dave Grohl is going to murder her and frame it as a suicide?

>Billie Eilish is the Kurt Cobain of our generation and saved rock music.

Kurt killed rock music though

>"Those bands have been in the hairspray/cock-rock for years and all of a sudden they stop washing their hair and start wearing flannel shirts. It doesn't make any sense to me. There are bands moving from L.A. and all over to Seattle and then claiming they've lived there all their life so they can get record deals. It really offends me." -Kurt Cobain

this lad was a proto-SJW too so he definitely would have taken offense to Billie's Florida SoundCloud rap aesthetics despite being a regular middle/upper class white girl in a "gentrified" formerly white and then hispanic and now white again neighborhood

based Dave either doesn't give a shit or got a cheque from Interscope and compares this obvious industry lab creation to the most famous band that came out of an extremely influential scene to become worldwide stars

Attached: racecar.png (332x342, 30K)

He already did that with Lorde, so...

She doesn't have the talent or interest to do any of the shit that Kate Bush did, she's clearly banking on her aesthetic and nu-R&B's rise to prominence with teenagers on streaming platforms

People on here have made the point that no one cared about Billie until she befriended SoundCloud rappers, most notably Curry and X (despite her "friendship" with X having never been made public when he was alive). It helps her career because it gives her credibility in the eyes of hip hop fans. I assumed it was all part of the plan.

Kate Bush attended a snooty British private school and was into the arts and theater thing.

In my personal opinion, I think that the balance of tracks that we saw on the Saint Cecilia EP with heavy tracks like Savior Breath and light acoustic songs like Iron Rooster was a bit of a return to form. On The Colour and The Shape, there were some acoustic tracks that you just don't hear from them anymore, like See You and some incredibly creative post-grunge rockers with Up in Arms, Monkey Wrench, Hey, Johnny Park! and Everlong.

I'm personally not sick of FF and can't wait to see what they put out next. However, if we get two more albums of the same stuff that they made before, my mind will probably have been changed.

No, not at all. It's weird, I never really liked Nirvana at all, but Foo Fighters are one of my go-to groups.

Billie was homeschooled, and homeschooled kids tend to be "more educated" than their public school peers in regards to the high arts. Yet aside from the Beatles, Billie's entire list of influences are artists from the past ten years (Avril and Lana being her "two biggest").

That Sonic Highways album was such a disappointment. a brilliant concept, recording every song in a different city, some of them in amazing rooms and studios. Unfortunately if you didn't read that or see the documentary all that would be lost on you. many other bands would have have been able to capture the essence of those rooms and places in their songs, rather than Dave's tendency to throw some cheesy reference in a lyric or two.

I'm kind of done with Dave Grohl. He's like the male Sheryl Crow in that he'll show up for anything that has a camera pointed at it.

I don't know that I'm _sick_ of them. But it's recently hit me how unusual their entire trajectory really is, and especially Dave's/

He was the sixth drummer in Nirvana. He really did jump on board just in time for the band to become famous, after all they had already been through with previous drummers and on their earlier releases. The band breaks through to the mainstream almost overnight, and he's only been with them for a year, if that. I don't doubt he shared a kinship with Kurt or Kris. But he was definitely the new guy from a different scene who just happened to be there when Nirvana blew up.

By the time he released the first FF record, it was obvious that he was taking a lighter, sunnier approach than Nirvana had. But around the time of that first FF record, he was still a young guy processing the concepts of fame and having a wide audience.

But later on, something happened, maybe in the early 2000s or so, where he just became super-confident rock and roll frontman dude, and that evolved into "Dave Grohl, the perpetually stoked and earnest grinning bro-dude standard-bearer of 'real' rock and roll." People grow and change, but it still seems light years beyond the unassuming "I'm just a guy" guy doing interviews and avoiding the subject of Nirvana in 1996.

He still generally seems to come off like someone that is fully aware of being in the right place at the right time, and seems grateful about it, while also being possessed with a killer talent.

Wasting Light is a great album. Haven't really listened to Sonic Highways. Last time I read Wasting Light has sold over 800,000 copies. What rock group can do that today?

Fuck Dave Grohl, I can't take a guy seriously who butchers Sound City Studio, take the console as his "Personal Trophy" to record lame songs with his rock star buddies in his house.

Foo Fighters is just a Nirvana-QOTSA wannabe for teenagers.

Personally no I'm not. I admire the way Dave has managed to take a "punky" sound and transfer it across to mainstream acceptance. He sticks to his guns and does what he does very well.

I agree. The early Foo Fighters stuff was quirky and fun. Then Dave sort of drifted toward this super-earnest "Savior of Rock" figure that made their music lose the appeal it initially had for me. I don't dislike them, but there's nothing about them that particularly excites me.

you are correct about everything

I'm not sick of them.

They don't have a bad album to their name and Wasting Light is one of the most kickass rock albums I've heard in recent years.

I just want them to stop with the whole "celebrity-worship-documentary-making-tribute-playing" kick they've been on since the 2012 Sound City documentary.

Attached: feeder fetish.png (176x356, 64K)

Yeah they're like the Radiohead of pop rock.

probably so he could fuck her. and it probably worked.

You Should See Me In a Crown is a perfect Lorde song.

I liked the first two Foo Fighters albums and thought the next couple were ok. I thought The Best of You was terrible and lost interest there. I was getting bored of them anyway. I saw them live on the One By One tour and they were great live.

They're not bad. Just a safe mainstream rock band with some good tunes. Nothing wrong with that. I do find Dave Grohl overrated and uninspiring. None of their songs seem to be about anything either, but are often shouted and screamed for no real reason.

Fuck off shill

its worse than that.
he's mislabeling her "dead eyes" "i dont give a fuck" "im sooo dejected maaaaaaan" false aesthetic/attitude with someone who genuinely didn't give a fuck (kurt) and as such, totally missing the fucking point of his old bandmate, not that he understood it back then, either. He just assumes anyone with "enough" of an attitude must be on the level with what Kurt was doing, which is just a bad misapprehension of the whole idea he's even trying to elucidate on. And that's because Dave hasn't a single rebellious bone in HIS ENTIRE FUCKING BODY

>He was the sixth drummer in Nirvana. He really did jump on board just in time for the band to become famous, after all they had already been through with previous drummers and on their earlier releases. The band breaks through to the mainstream almost overnight, and he's only been with them for a year, if that. I don't doubt he shared a kinship with Kurt or Kris. But he was definitely the new guy from a different scene who just happened to be there when Nirvana blew up.

Thing is, nobody can doubt that Dave is a monster of a drummer. Nirvana wouldn't have broken so big if they'd still had Chad Channing or Dan Peters. SLTS wouldn't have had half the power it did without Dave's drums.

I guess I just get tired of giving the guy a pass for being in the right place at the right time, and him being so clearly aware of it. He's got, or used to, anyway, some songwriting chops. The first two Foo Fighters records demonstrate that enough. But for all the interesting stuff he has done (Sound City, Sonic Highways), in terms of his actual musical talent, he's resting on his laurels big time. Get on the drums, Dave. Or stockpile songs over time and see if you write anything as neat as "Marigold" again.

what a clown. can’t even blame her since she was most likely told to wear those ridiculous outfits

Holy shit, about time someone said this, I always thought about this but never said anything because dave has always been looked as the "nicest guy in music".

His music is bland and boring, if he wasnt on nirvana and wasnt so outspoken the foo fighters would be called one of the worst bands of all time

Oh hell, Denzel is arguably more Kate Bush-y than Billie: a loud, overly-artsy cornfest who LARPs as a schizophrenic and whose biggest fans are pretentious art thots.

Attached: apreludetocoalburning.png (1080x319, 72K)

I can't say I've ever really listened to FF that much, but from what I've heard it seemed like the ultimate generic lighter-waving stadium rock without any actual content. As much as Dave jumps on the "hate Nickelback" bandwagon, he has more in common with them than it seems.

This level of retardation didn't even seem possible. And yet here I am, looking at your dumbass post. Holy fuck, dude.

For me their peak was In Your Honor and it's been a steady downhill slope after that, but I still enjoy them. They're a prime example of a singles rather than an album band. But the highs definitely outweigh the lows.

Dave's varied taste in music makes it easy to understand why he likes being in documentaries. He likes a lot of things that younger people might otherwise dismiss, and crucially doesn't tie himself down to his more obvious punk influences, he'll mention his love of anything. Any musician who likes The B-52's enough to get Fred Schneider to guest live with them can do no wrong.

Kate's lyrics are horribly embarrassing to sing along to.

No, not really. You're just a little insecure bitch.

she's ugly

Attached: DzC69dFXcAE1CTb.jpg (600x916, 398K)

Kurt picked Dave up for a reason, because he already had a formidable reputation in the Seattle scene as a power drummer, and with Nirvana signing to a major label, he just made sense to bring aboard.

Can u recommend me a song by her?

I can't because I've never listened to her past a small snippet. I don't think she even has any songs. That's why she's ridiculed.

you are right
chinks be uggos

Dave Grohl is the definition of a sell-out, in anyway you want to interpret it. This is a guy who went for the money. Would not matter if his music was even faintly interesting.

When did he sell out exactly? When he was writing his own songs whilst in Nirvana? When he recorded the first album all on his own, rather than live off his Nirvana royalties forever? When he picked up a guitar? When he started writing songs with hooks/tunes?

Also what did he sell out?

This is how you redpill thousands of people at once.

Oh alright

BASED PLANTPOSTER

She should do an album of Nirvana covers. Not just the most popular ones either.
Scoff, School, Moist Vagina, Milk It, Drain You.

Attached: 8092038735_99e0d58a98_b.jpg (1024x819, 255K)

The only good thing shes done is fuck my dude Denzel

I would fuck her also Milk It is a good song.

In effect when he turned his back on the environment and ethos of the bands he came out of to go for profit and how he adapted his music for that goal.

Other alternatives:
When he started looking for a solo deal, pushing demos on record executives, as soon as he was hired as Nirvana's drummer.
When he started doing comedy videos in fat suits.
When he started making commercialized radio rock
When he started to appear in every imaginable televised meet and greet music event.

Take your pick.

And Dave only has royalties on the 2-3 Nirvana songs he helped arrange.

>When he started looking for a solo deal, pushing demos on record executives, as soon as he was hired as Nirvana's drummer.
He was always ambitious as fuck. He's been on record as saying he didn't plan to be in Nirvana for 10 years or whatever.

Cuz she makes average looking people think they can make music

I'd believe you but Kate wasn't molested.

So what would you guys prefer? That Dave stayed true to his roots in the scene and still be playing in shitty Seattle bars when he's in his 40s and is married with a family? To suffer from celebrity doubt like Kurt and put a shotgun to his head?

If you've seen them live, they tend to way overdo it with long solos that don't go anywhere.

Fuck off, you are the faggot who always excuse her lack of talent with that bullshit
>She would be good if she got lessons
No fucking shit Sherlock, it doesn't matter shes good at social media that's what matters for her core audience

Aside from maybe a handful of songs I've never cared for the early FF albums, but In Your Honor was an amazing album and I thought it'd be a real turning point for the group. Unfortunately it proved to be the group's apex album cuz it's all been downhill for the group since then. Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace was the group's last listenable album (and the last one worth purchasing) though it does have a few cringeworthy moments such as "Long Road to Ruin" and "Cheer Up Boys".

After Echoes Grohl and company have been artistically bankrupt. Wasting Light was a huuuuuuge disappointment for me. The lyrics particularly are atrocious on that album, and Sonic Highways and Concrete + Gold aren't much better. Between those three albums there might be half an album's worth of listenable music there. The music's just so uninteresting and Grohl's desire to keep adding bandmembers and have guest musicians on songs/albums is not only distracting but I feel is taking away from the music.

The group is at it's best when it's the core band. But as more and more people participate in FF albums, the weaker and less focused the material seems to get.

Despite the fact I quite enjoyed Sonic Highways & the Saint Cecilia EP, I found Concrete And Gold extremely forgettable. What attracted me to the group was energetic and catchy songs such as "Monkey Wrench", "Generator" or "No Way Back" and they keep trying to do these slow clappy stadium songs and paint-by-numbers hard rock.

She's killing it as it is.

I'm guessing by the time her tour is over it will be completely ruined, especially if she's trying to belt and has to sing with Curry.

The One is just about the worst example of what I mean when I say paint by numbers rock. That shit could just as easily be a Nickelback tune.

Watch Sonic Highways, there is a multi-part documentary showing the writing process. If you think writing 8 songs, in 8 different cities/studios, capturing the vibe of each, with significant "local" artists and the lyrics based on interviews with the various artists who recorded at each studio is "by the numbers" then I would love to hear how you think song writing should be?! Look, you dont like them, we get it, but try and retain just a little bit of objectivity.

As I've stated before:

Foo Fighters are by far the most overrated band of the last 25 years, and Dave Grohl is the most overrated musician of the last 25 years.

MAKE HER DRINK

Kurt had great taste and promoted a lot of underground bands people didn't know about with no personal gain. He loved music a lot. He should have seen Dave for what he is (he probably did) a shallow opportunist, and kicked him to the curb earlier.

ITT: Foo fan samefagging.

Again, I'll repeat. Do you expect Dave to be so true to punk rawk that he should be still playing in shitty Seattle bars when he's almost 50 and is married with two kids?

you have a fucking retarded idea of what punk rock is

The results speak for themselves. He reduced the material from the interviews to a few catch phrases, and incorporated them into FF paint-by-numbers songs. It was nothing if not formulaic.

They turned into Nickelback by the third album.

Are you guys fucked in the head? The audio engineer adjusts the mic levels so they dont have to compete.

Without Nirvana, this guy wouldn't even have gone anywhere at all, he'd probably still be playing in Seattle clubs.

Pity points could have gotten decent sales for one Foos album. That's it. If Dave put out a blah album that people bought out of feeling back about Cobain, the "goodwill" would have evaporated quickly if people didn't like the music.

It's been nearly 25 years since Nirvana ceased to exist. Foos have been consistently successful their entire career - and have probably become more popular as time has passed.

No one buys Foo albums or pays $100 to see Foos play because they miss Nirvana.

If Foos sustained themselves on "goodwill" for Nirvana, Foos might be able to play 500 capacity clubs.

Instead, they sell out huge arenas and stadiums.

If you don't like Foos, that's fine, but claims that they're successful because people miss Nirvana doesn't fly.

i didn't know she was on sirens because her voice is covered by denzel's vocals

Lol

I would never say that. There was certainly a post-Nirvana curiosity when the first album came out and that contributed to it selling but FF became much bigger, popular a few years down the line (second and third album onwards) especially in the US. Many people, especially zoomers, don't even know Dave was ever in Nirvana. So yeah, it's not a valid point at all. And it's not the same type of music either.

They are liked because they are accessible, not adventurous. they maintain the status quo, thats about it. its a facade that is only meant to look authentic.

Well, the music isn't radically different - it's still guitar-based rock - but I agree the Foos are more "meat and potatoes" than Nirvana - less angsty and all that.

Comments such as "people buy Foos tickets/albums because they liked Nirvana" make little sense. Nirvana gave Dave a foot in the door but he earned his success.

I mean, Angelina Jolie certainly benefited from her dad's name, but she hasn't been getting lead roles in movies for a quarter century because of him.

Dave Grohl sucks. Foo fighters are bland as fuck.

Thays cuz shes doing background vocals

billy ilish and the emerging music scene is the mold growing on rock n roll's rotting corpse

Industry plant

ffs shut uuuup already

I know comparing male to female vocals is kind of a stretch, but.... Denzel has a much better vocal range and technique than poor Billie does. She needs to improve her singing especially if the two of them are going to sing together live on stage.

Comparing her to Kurt Cobain is an insult to him don't say she's our generations Kurt Cobain she is nothing she plays no instrument makes none of her music doesn't know how to make songs what in your tiny fucking brain tells you this information? never have I wanted to off myself more because of my fucking generation than now. She's nothing to rock she never will be.

Curry is a product of art school, shocker.
You honestly think Billie was given any vocal training before Interscope signed her?

She's just pop. Like, not even trap or "alternative", just pop with a Hot Topic aesthetic.

Wow didn't know Curry was in an art school
> US News & World Report ranked DASH as the 15th best public high school in the nation in 2009[2] and 16th best in 2012.

Damn that's pretty fucking good. I always wonder just how much this early type of schooling affects people. I've got a friends who has an amazing group of old high school classmates who have all went on to do amazing things and they went to a ridiculously good public high school

The point is, he was classically trained as a performer, which explains why he gives a kickass live show and, you know, has a decent vocabulary.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't be surprised if Billie was functionally illiterate.

OH NOEZ
youtube.com/watch?v=zMNn_O7Zur0

It's ogre.

Press F to pay respects to her career.

I can't stand her attitude. She gives off a spoiled rich kid vibe. Figures she was raised in Hollywood and was probably given everything she could ever want by her industry parents. Every interview I've seen of hers she just acts rude and pretentious, although she tries to fake humility which is cringey.

Youre full of shit OP. Get the hell outta here!! Dumb fuckwit

They’re radio rock in the same vein as Aerosmith or AC/DC. Not bad but not really great either. But still leagues ahead of most late 90s/00s radio rock.

They’re not THAT bad. Not great but they were a functional band, as opposed to their contemporaries like Nickelback and Puddle of Mudd. And the first Foos album (basically Dave’s solo album) is legitimately solid.

Yeah I know. Just getting the push and creative direction as a kid is a huge boon. But what I'm wondering is how much his schooling played a part. I actually went to an art based school for high school and many of my former class mates and a lot have ended up going nowhere.

It's more like, talent needs a place to fester.

It's the equivalent of putting good gas in a good car vs. putting good gas in a shit car.

Oh fuck off. It's not even that difficult of a song to sing.
youtube.com/watch?v=pkTF5DRBxpI

Do people really think her voice is shit? I really like it :(

But I agree that it's pretty shallow music. Just her vocal tone is really pleasant .

It's more like her singing with all this air is causing her vocal damage.

What air?

Post these to the comments section of this video:

Irony is that feature ending up as the peak of her career.

so that's why he killed himself no wonder I will kill my self too if I was in his place

I think that was a big part of it honestly. He worked so hard making music inspired by amazing underground bands and then basically single handedly ruined alternative music for everyone forever accidentally by being the reason it got commercialized

If Thurston Moore had a decent bone in his body he would have done the same

the visuals are made by her marketers too
she's just a product, not an artist

she is trying to be edgy, and for that she is a fag

ps. immigrants have ruined europe, s/o to my nativists

no YOU apologise american shill

holy shit this is so cringe
i cannot fucking believe that he is the same guy who did that ratm cover lmao

These cancerous threads always get hundreds of replies
what a garbage board, no matter how obvious the bait is

As much as I like the Foo Fighters, Dave says stuff to get in the news.

Billy can't sing for shit so she has to have her voice distorted in her videos, the only reason she has a career is because she hangs out with celebs on instagram and because of her looks and that's going south quickly too. She'll be fucked in two or three years at this rate.

Attached: Billie-Eilish.jpg (930x523, 86K)

yo dave grohl stopped being relevant the day he was born so anything he says is bullshit

Only have to wait nine more months Dave :^)

Attached: IMG_20190307_125530.png (720x139, 19K)

FF haven't been relevant or had any hits since Bush was president. At this point Dave is just that annoying rock dude who won't go away.

Absolutely, rock and roll is about being a retarded degenerate and she has fucked more niggers than most pornstars and she is just 17. She will probably achieve record beef heights by 20.

based, I hope this means baggy clothes are coming back

Attached: 283.jpg (1080x1080, 198K)

Lmao coalburner

Is she slowly becoming a meth head?

How long do you think she has left? I'd say three years tops before her label dumps her talentless ass and she dies of a drug overdose.

based pedosong

Attached: billie.png (665x519, 272K)

I'LL HAVE TWO NUMBER 9s
A NUMBER 9 LARGE

Attached: 20190305_173741.png (720x577, 259K)

>DAVE GROHL COMPARES [INDUSTRY PLANT] TO NIRVANA
This happens every four or five years or so. Kys yourselves rockfags.

>she doesn't play an instrument nor does she write her own music/lyrics
lmao. I always thought this bitch was a plant when she came out of absolutely nowhere

>Billie only fucks BLACK GUYS
>Dave, being white, likes her
>Dave is a cuck.

she looks like she fucks black men

and there's nothing wrong with that!

Attached: 1546386021071.jpg (1116x1098, 240K)

She looks like trailer trash that is yet to hit the wall

Damn watching this Hot Ones, she has some horendous manners

Dipshit. It's literally one of the HARDEST songs for a woman to sing. Not even Hayley does it correctly.

nothing wrong with that

This

>(((berman)))

Kanye West is the only real rockstar left

Any rock band can do well enough if supported by industry after their initial "breakout" success. In UK lame bands like Arctic Monkeys and countless lesser known ones play big shows every year even though they rarely put out anything really worth listening to. Boomers of all ages who want to see rock shows still buy tickets. They are all complete and utter faggots.

This is fucked up, they are using this girl and spitting her out, she is gonna be a husk when its over