Constantly bugged with the fact I should do something with music

>constantly bugged with the fact I should do something with music
>can make melodys on the guitar and piano/synth
>know some guitar chords and can arrange them to sound somewhat decent, same with the keys
>28
>Getting older
>realizing i'll never be a musician, or at least one that's good enough to gain a following or get signed
Am I the only one?

Attached: Frankie_(musician)_2016.jpg (1200x900, 196K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RLKBeWijrkA
soundcloud.com/utopianinchswag420/shewasbeautifulbutsmelledofcaturine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nigga start a band with me

Record everything.

You never will be successful because youre a pussy

have you heard people like mac demarco play? he just does open chords and has a career

>28
Not very old. A lot of musicians are starting to get successful at age 30 or older, even women. On the other hand, if you're really convinced that you'll never be a good musician, you may as well quit because music is full and you're taking attention from the ones who actually believe in themselves.

I have very low self esteem

yeah and mac demarco can actually play the guitar, what he does is good for what he does but you're saying it like he's unskilled.
keep doing nothing then and you'll just add it to the list of regrets and things you didn't go for when you get older

Then you have to find some way to alleviate that a little because being a musician is very hard on the self-esteem and it's not going to get any easier. It's difficult and nerve-wracking to perform live, you will feel like you're not respected for the music you release and that will make you feel bad about yourself, etc. Seek therapy or at least try meditation/writing in a journal or something to make you feel more secure and confident.

Imagine buying a Fender Strat only to colour in the pickguard and pickup covers like a mongoloid child, write some stupid shit across the finish, and duct tape the shit out of the strap button instead of just buying locking straps

she added some of her own personality to it. strats are pretty boring looking guitars

I'm all for adding personality to your guitar but fuck sakes man at least do a half decent job of it

>31905▶
> (You)
well, you're not wrong

this guy debuts with this at 40, and is now kinda famous. anyone can do it

youtube.com/watch?v=RLKBeWijrkA

People who think guitars should be pristine are the worst people

Imagine getting mad at someone coloring a pickguard

i have a $3000 parker fly deluxe that's scratched, dented, and has personality. why? I actually play it and not coddle it like some grandpa guitar gibson les paul

what a stupid amount to pay for a guitar

have you mad anything? post it

soundcloud.com/utopianinchswag420/shewasbeautifulbutsmelledofcaturine

if you're making music to try and be popular you're doing it wrong. just practice dummy.

I'm not saying they should be. A beat guitar because it's been played loads and not spent it's entire life hanging on a wall or in a case is cool as fuck. Scribbling shit on your guitar like a child isn't

>constantly bugged with the fact I should do something with music
make habits. yo ucould actually accomplish a lot in 2hours a day if you stick to it.

>can make melodys on the guitar and piano/synth
>know some guitar chords and can arrange them to sound somewhat decent, same with the keys
good. finish the songs or tracks.

>>Getting older
thats not that old!

>>realizing i'll never be a musician, or at least one that's good enough to gain a following or get signed
dont measure your shit in that way anyways the industry has completely changed , at any point getting signed could have been a death sentence anyways , rise above everything and crank out a good album every year or every 2 years the success being that you are actually doing it instead of battling and losing addictions shitty relationships dead end jobs like most people do.

Diplo is 40 years old and he only made it big a few years ago. He is huge now. You think people care about that?

fag

>If it were easy as fishin' you could be a musician
>If you could make sounds loud or mellow
>Get a second-hand guitar, chances are you'll go far
>If you get in with the right bunch of fellows

Emphasis on the last part. You're never too old, but if you're trying to go somewhere far with it you should find or start a band with people who share that same burning passion to make music. None of this burnout attitude or weekend warriors shit either, you've got to work for it, and having band mates will increase your odds of making it. Otherwise if you're going to be a solo musician, you should check out deadmou5's masterclass. Or to sum up the most important part of it: he works his ass off. He often works until 4am if it means getting a new track finished. Speaking of which, I need to get back to recording :o Good luck brudda

You sat that like strats are a rare treasure.

i like it, but you ripped early black moth super rainbow hard

Well I could have been a famous singer
If I had someone else’s voice
But failure’s always sounded better
Lets fuck it up boys, make some noise!