I have an akai mpk mini keyboard and I have downloaded Fl Studio...

I have an akai mpk mini keyboard and I have downloaded Fl Studio. I've googled how to plug it in and make something but the tutorials are long and complicated and I can't figure this out. Instead of procrastinating figuring it out can someone here explain me how to plug it in and use it in Fl Studio?

Attached: preview.jpg (1200x1200, 181K)

Attached: picard-facepalm.jpg (895x503, 33K)

options > midi settings > highlight akai mini under "input" > enable that shit you dumb motherfucker

lol

this is why im hot
you aint cuz you not
this is why
this is why
this is why

Attached: 1534018024400.jpg (1080x916, 88K)

This

Also FUCK that keyboard, MPK249 and the Novation Impulse 49 are the good ones. Mini keys can burn in hell.

literally who the fuck though mini keys were a good idea

People who don’t play keyboards or piano.

>bickering about midi controllers
this board is so god damn embarrassing.

fuck you i dont have enough space for a keyboard

since you don't seem really smart about music production don't get memed into buying any hardware that isn't an USB audio interface and a couple of studio monitors
don't buy hardware synths unless you really really need them and you've become actually good at music

dont listen to this faggot. your akai mpk mini and the pirated version of fl studio (+additionally pirated vsts) is all you need to make music. to make good music you just need to practice for a long time.

>don’t listen to this fag
>Says the same thing
What the fuck?

hard to make music when you can't fucking hear what you're doing

Now he's really gonna be confused.

that's the music production community for you

lmao

>said you need to buy hardware synths to become good at music
>i said dont buy that shit you just need to practice
>he said buy usb audio interface and studio monitors
>i said dont buy anything except for a little midi controller
learn to read

>pirated version of fl studio
might as well buy it
it's 200€ and has lifetime updates

>don't buy hardware synths UNLESS you really really need them AND you've become actually good at music
plus if you're making music without decent monitors you ain't doing shit since you're not even hearing it

personally i use a pirated version of cubase 7 for years and am completely fine with that.

For me, it's Reason.

Attached: reasontat.jpg (400x277, 15K)

Good monitors are a good idea even if you don't become some real producer. They're great for just listening to music and hearing everything.

monitors -> see things
ears -> hear things

i mean i have two full sized keyboards and i still have OPs exact midi.its convenient as I can set it on the table and it fit it in my laptop case.
Granted it threw off my muscle memory for a but but now i just have it for both

>They're great for just listening to music and hearing everything
yeah if you just sit at your computer facing the monitors with ears aligned
they're very directional, even a few inches may fuck up the sound

is this bait?

Is Cubase good? I’ve heard a lot about it but never looked into it. My roommate who produces for some people uses Cubase too.
I’ve been using Ableton since 2013.

Yes although Mackie's have a very wide sweet spot for monitors.

>plus if you're making music without decent monitors you ain't doing shit since you're not even hearing it
that's basically the problem i thought i hadn't understood something but apparently it's just how it is
i don't know anything about music production by the way i just want something to play with and explore a bit
so this keyboard is useless and i should go buy a non midi one?

it was the "very serious" producer DAW 10 years ago

no it's fine but you should have got a cheaper midi keyboard with more normal sized keys and none of the pads and shit

ableton is for numales. cubase is for chads. fl studio for kids and 13 yr old trap beat producers. reason is for autists.

no its fine. if you just have some headphones or a good sound system you'll be fine to just start and fuck around in flstudio. just dont use a bluetooth setup as there will be too much latency

I got a Roland A-300 Pro for $150. Never see that one get mentioned anywhere. It's fucking great, much much better than the Akai

they're all good and you should fuck off to gearslutz with that shit

looks like i hit the spot there.

No it's a text post.

tfw too dumb to use ableton live

yeah but how do i register what I'm doing without the sounds overlapping?

Attached: LemonGrab-Freaked-Out-Sweating_408x408.jpg (408x408, 64K)

nigga just watch those tutorials

>it's another bunch of fags who have never done anything but make shitty 4 bar loops that no one else will ever hear argues about gear as if they know what the fuck they're talking about thread

Attached: 1511581829698.jpg (900x1002, 155K)

this question is more understandable when recording with a mic but its midi, its all directly in

so i dont follow. i mean with any software you have to get used to it and learn it before youre effective and theres literally infinite resources for using flstudio. so here might not be the best for specific software questions.

>he thinks it's different on other websites
lmao
you think people who make good music argue about gear on the interet?

For me, it's Renoise

Attached: 48375787_10157009026794059_5170693303540121600_n.jpg (851x765, 35K)

yeah i know what im talking about. ive produced for ten years, ive started with hardware for the first 3. moved to vsts ever since and only use them+my akai mini and ocassionally a bigger midi keyboard.

is your midi tab set up right?
screenshot it (if you know how)

i've always wanted one of these to fuck around with

yeah this time i was actually talking about registering from the microphone in fl studio, not with the keyboard

op did it! a thread to weed out the actual morons from prod!

It must be empty now

The keyboards you mentioned cost just a bit more

so who are the prod in your opinion? the gearfags?

fucking
a b l e t o n