SWANS

post favorite swans album and what food should be eaten while listening to it

Attached: h358mdysiej01.jpg (540x536, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z8Dj9L-jqnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nothing

Attached: 1545097359952.jpg (600x600, 32K)

Filth, but the deluxe edition with the Swans EP, Body to Body, and all the early live stuff

What this guy said, Swans is starvation-core

carrots obviously

Attached: white light swans.jpg (600x600, 59K)

Formerly GOOSES

Attached: 1551479311971.png (703x704, 567K)

Swans is shit
People keep trying to get me into it because I wear a cowboy hat

timestamp of cowboy hat or gtfo

Post reformation Swans is pretty shit but OG Swans is amazing

I will never understand why people like the Seer, I can't even get past the cringey chanting on Lunacy

>one song has chanting i don’t like so the whole album is bad
...?

The whole thing just sounded shitty and neutered without anything interesting to back it up

You're right though I didn't give it a fair chance. I just don't find anything appealing about their new sound. And while Lunacy is a genuinely bad song (one of their few) there's probably other pieces on the record that, while I may not enjoy, aren't 'bad'.

>the glowing man
>pic related

Attached: file.png (259x194, 99K)

The Seer is anything but neutered. Go listen to 93 Ave Blues or the climax of the title track or Apostate and tell me that’s not raw and violent as hell. I would understand not liking how clean The Glowing Man sounds but of all the albums you chose to call neutered you chose the rawest and dirtiest of the trilogy.

Fair enough, it just seemed so pretentious right from the get go. I know it isn't fair to compare it to their older material but it just made me cringe.

TBK is better but still boring as hell. Don't get me wrong I can get into super long songs built on one groove, I'll listen to Public Castration all the way through in a sitting. Their new stuff just isn't very compelling IMO. Haven't heard the Glowing Man yet though so I can't really say that for sure

It’s really simple, neo-Swans is just an extension/continuation of Soundtracks for the Blind and Swans are Dead, and by relation The Body Lovers. If you don’t like any of that then it’s not for you. That’s all there is to it, Swans have had a varied and eclectic enough discography it’s not crazy to like one part of it and hate the other.

Nah I love all that stuff. Idk I think I have to revisit their newer albums, I don't think I ever gave them a fair chance.

The only Swans album I don't like is Children of God, made even worse by that god awful embarrassment of a video for New Mind, which is another one of their handful of shit songs. Studio version anyway, the version on Feel Good Now is pretty great

I really like the heavy tracks on Children of God, Sex God Sex in particular has a gloriously loud and almost triumphant rendition on We Rose from Your Bed. Aside from that it’s not so good to me, but I do like the heavier songs enough that it makes up for the weaker shit in my eyes. But yeah, I really do think nei-Swans has a lot of excellent material, and if you can get into it (and of course, play it loud like every Swans album should be) it’s very rewarding.

Sex God Sex is great, as well as Beautiful Child, one of my favourite songs by them. Both are infinitely better live though, Kill the Child is such a good live album

Oh yeah, the studio version of Sex God Sex is a little too slow imo. Kill the Child has some great renditions of the Holy Money/Children of God transition. Swans live material in general is hard to go wrong with.

Reminder that Jarboe is criminally underrated and just as intense as, but overshadowed by, Michael.

Someone needs to make a movie about their relationship because their story is fascinating, starting with how she joined the band

Attached: huge_avatar.jpg (300x300, 31K)

youtu.be/z8Dj9L-jqnQ

This guy's channel has a bunch of rare live Swans from the 80s and watching them throws some other hard to find, low viewed Swans material into ypur recommendations

how you like them apples

Attached: timestamp.png (1914x936, 379K)

Jackfruit pulled pork

Attached: my father.jpg (600x600, 51K)

Why has nobody ever managed to properly rip off Swans? Their early sound isn't that hard to accomplish, honestly, but I've never heard anything that even came close to their level.

Even bands like Young Gods who are named after their shit don't approach them, and bands like Godflesh are just edgy trash.

How did Michael manage to make music so aggressive without ever stepping into edgelord territory? Is it the lyrics or the fact that you know he's genuinely been throw horrible shit?

Godflesh is good, fag. But I agree Swans are way better.

>Why has nobody ever managed to properly rip off Swans?
Cuz they are the greatest band ever honestly.

White Light

Burritos

I can't stand metal. Godflesh was sparked by the Young God ep, which despite being about rape, serial killers, and extreme sex, somehow managed never to sound edgy, unlike Godflesh which just sounds like a pissed off teenager.

I think it's a mix of rhythmics and lyrics honestly. The crushingly slow grooves are trance inducing and the lyrics are more like vague mantras, they manage to evoke a lot of things with few words. The best example of this I think is Power for Power, which despite having few words manages to encapsulate an integral and revolting part of life, which is the way that people use others.

Same with Time Is Money (Bastard). Brutal, but I think metaphorical lyrics

OwO what's this?

Attached: Gira_grande.jpg (600x600, 52K)

give me a quick rundown

SNEEDS

those feet are fascinating and sniffable

Attached: a-man-smelling-a-flower.jpg (1100x734, 80K)

Jarboe was a bodybuilder at the time and heard Filth on the radio. She fell in love with it and would constantly lift weights to it. Eventually she just up and moved to NYC, found the band and started coming to their practices, which at the time were held in a windowless sealed off "bunker" in Alphabet City, one of the worst areas in New York at time. They would rehearse for like 12 hours a day in this stuffy room in which they constantly smoked and she didn't, then they would perform and then get drunk. Not party drunk, mind you, but the kind of soul numbing drunk you'd imagine and she'd often have to carry them away by herself.

Also worth noting is her description of her FBI agent father as "the ultimate authority figure", which, given Michael's personality makes me perversely aroused.

She outlines this in a two part interview you can find on YouTube. She also talks about how devastated she was to not be included in the reformation of the band.

I just think the dynamic of her relationship with Michael is fascinating, made even more so by the frustrating lack of knowledge about it. The closest we get is that brutal recording on You See Through Me

>ctrl-f
>"sneed"
>1 result

i have nothing to post here, carry on.