What is your preferred music streaming service, and why?

What is your preferred music streaming service, and why?

Attached: 24772138-1144-45BA-8786-217866F8727D.png (800x400, 56K)

Spotify because I get it for free

spotify

>literally free to use on desktop version (other than a couple ads
>can crack easily on android

imagine using apple music

Tidal, because there is this option where you can add to favorites whole albums, also good sound quality. There is a distinct difference in quality between Spotify and Tidal.

i enjoy taking mp3s from music services, but that's it.

>i only listen to Tidal with my high quality Dr Dre headphones

you can save whole albums on spotify too, but you are probably right about the quality

spotify, because the library is the least shit out of all the shit streaming services
so i can find a lot of my faves, albeit not all

i do actually pay for it, cause i fly a lot, and it's good to have some stuff offline, easier to use than messing with mp3's or (the horror!!) itunes

Spotify for multiple reasons

1. best recommendation algos
2. highest compatibility with third parties
3. most complete and useful API's
4. Poor Competition. They either lack universal compatibility (Apple Music), have limited catalogue and support (TIDAL) or pretty much just weak (Deezer).

Spotify because I’m a basic bitch when it comes to streaming services, and I just need something that’s functional on every device I use, and that carries around my playlists from device to device.
I listen to music through CDs and Downloads when I get home though

ah yes, the quality is one of the other reasons why i pay for spotify the 320k option is pretty nice compared to the free spotify

Yes, you can save whole albums, but they will not be placed in a separate category. When you save in Spotify, it will always appear in "tracks" (or how it is called, I'm using Spotify in my native language)

Take your meds retard. I never said I have Dr Dre Headphones.

I get Tidal for free so i see no reason to use anything else.

and yes premium is the only tier worth using. if you use free tier you hate music, yourself and should probably just kys

i use spotify but my college discount ran out since i graduated so i snooped my schools facebook page for a sorority thot that had her birthday public and used that to renew the discount kek

How?

Yeah, but I'm really into this whole "master quality" shit Tidal provides. Also, saving albums is pretty important

I dont rent music mr viral marketer.

interesting.
when i want to listen to better quality, i pull out my vinyls.

idk why you keep saying you can't save albums in spotify. you... can. and they are listed separately. you have your own saved albums menu.

don't get me wrong, if you like tidal, go with tidal. to each their own, etc etc
but don't say something about the other services that is not true.

>Streaming music

Attached: ˢʰᶦᵍᵍʸ ᵈᶦᵍᵍʸ.png (25x25, 2K)

no

Ok, but I don't have vinyls. And i'll check once more ime if i can or can't save albums. Because im pretty sure i can't.

People keep saying Tidal has a limited catalogue when it has everything Spotify has. If you are an audiophile there's no other streaming service choice.

Ok, I checked AND, you are right AND wrong. Type of saving I was talking about is saving the whole album, and then in the same time songs are not appearing in Saved tracks category. I want them to be separate. Also, I don't want to have album saved when i saved only one song from this album.

I'm Tidal user and i think you are wrong. I again started compulsively listening to Slowdive and their EP is not available on Tidal when it is on the Spotify. But rest is true

If you're only saving one song from an album frequently you're most likely a casual listener and lack distinguished and high taste for art

None. I buy the music I like.

That's odd. But I am able to find foreign math rock bands like Tricot and even vaporwave like Luxury Elite all in hi-fi quality or better on Tidal. The catalogue is huge and will get even bigger if people keep supporting it.

>Tidal shills ITT

lol that platform is still alive apparently

Spotify because I only pay $3 AUD a month for it

I actually started writing why I do this but thought i don't really have to. But as I see I was wrong. I almost always listen to whole albums, but sometimes I want to hear only my favorite songs and that is what "favorite tracks" category is for. And no, I don't do this frequently.

What is *my* preferred music streaming service? Plex. Simply because it's a one-time fee of $5 to listen on my phone (free when listening on a desktop/laptop) and I have access to my whole music collection. It's the easiest way to listen to music from my seedbox or when I'm out.

Attached: download.png (300x168, 2K)

tell me more about it

yeah but you need to have an entire collection of downloads stored on your plex server. which either you paid for which seems ridiculously expensive or torrented which is probably worse for artists than Spotify

Spotify becuase it was the most popular back when I first subscribed and now won't switch.

It was the first one I signed up to and I see no reason to use a different one. I used deezer last year becauz I got it for free for a couple ov months. It was awful. No wonder no one uses it.

>streaming

Attached: 1550583462043.jpg (512x512, 105K)

You download a server that runs on the computer with your music collection. You point that server to your music collection and it downloads metadata like album covers and artist info. Then it's available to stream. The downsides are the development focus is on streaming movies/TV shows, so the experience isn't as smooth with music as it is with other media. For example, if you search for "Jimi Hendrix," it will show results for him, and if you search for "Electric Ladyland" it will show results for that, but if you search for "Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland" it will not show any results. Another example is that there's no gapless playback. Yet another example is your music needs to be organized in a certain way for it to be displayed correctly, sometimes multi-disc releases will show as two separate albums. You need to have that server running to be able to stream, so if you're trying to stream from a laptop it can get complicated. Also the app is kinda shitty at streaming when you only have a cellular connection, whereas Spotify on the same connection is seamless.

>master quality

Attached: 1498401236286.png (455x561, 462K)

Seems like an unnecessary amount of effort just for enjoying music.

Attached: pods.gif (652x562, 392K)

Definitely right on the recommendation algos, found some v cool new music through that.