Trout Mask Replica

Thoughts?

Attached: 3C7A64C6-8F91-4D38-866C-4B5ECD39DD68.png (800x800, 807K)

great album

9.5/10 in my honest opinion

Haven't listened, is it worth my time?

Depends on if you like unconventional musics.

it's literally the only rock album that is worth your time

shit mu meme album. barely a song on it worth listening besides all the stupid noises and filler

Not actually good at all.

The only good thing Don Vliet was ever good at, was sculpting, visual arts, and being a psychopath.

At music he was garbage, had no idea what he was doing, teh original spork wielding penguin of d00m. So random. And he was also a egomaniac abusive control freak.

The truth is he was jealous of his lifelong childhood friend, Frank Zappa, who overshadowed him musically in every way, and so Don set out to be a big star himself and thought by out weirding frank, and doing a poor howlin wolf pastiche he could outshine him. And maybe in some ways he did. Trout mask replica as you can see today is still paraded and masqueraded around as if it’s some genius artistic statement. But even then people fail to remember who recorded and produced the album, and gave Don a platform to make his shitty “music”?

Frank Zappa.

That’s all folks. Oh and captain beef heart, got his stage name from, Frank Zappa.

Captain Cuckheart.

Attached: 1B23980B-2243-47F0-8EC6-5D6FBE4ECB8D.gif (405x414, 181K)

>Captain Cuckheart.

Attached: 1550293699336s.jpg (125x70, 2K)

Newfag bait

It’s like Kids bop but for retards

Shit album. Only plebs like it in a desperate attempt to appear patrician in front of other pleb
>3/10

Attached: 1551724371464.png (250x202, 7K)

weird as fuck. challenging. i dont get it. maybe i will someday. right now its a 4/10 for me

5/10

>it's bad on purpose!
>it's just a gimmick!
>it's pretentious!
>it's experimental/technical just for the sake of it!
>this is unlistenable! it's annoying! it's garbage!
>lol so randumb!
>y-you're just pretending to like it!
>he didn't even know how to play instruments/musical theory!
>I don't understand! how could anyone like this shit!?
every single fucking time, plebs and tourists BTFO by this single album

Attached: 1517965539420.gif (800x800, 921K)

It's not actually that complex or experimental

exactly, plebs and tourists say that
it is weird tho

Safe as Milk is more enjoyable for me.

Non musicians you are.

I like the song about the big cock

very catchy and "fun", i can respect why people would hate it (as i once did)

This. These pro Yea Forumstants would probably need an entire week just to rehearse the 2 minutes of Hobo Chang Ba.

Fast and bulbous

I'm doing a 1969 themed show on my next radio show, and gave TMR a listen for the first time in a year or so, and holy fuck it blew me away this listen for some reason

Brilliant and still driving normies out of their goddamned minds for almost 50 years

Not a very good musician, you are. What's so difficult about it? Time signature changes? The key changes? Just sightread the transcripts lmao
I can play that though hahaha, as well as most of the songs on this album, It's my favourite album.

You can play it on guitar ? So do I. Call me back when you can play it with a full band – that’s where complex compositions come into play.

>Call me back when you can play it with a full band
I have faggot, what's your deal? It's not that hard

Sure you did. Standard blues-rock composition. No big deal.

How is this newfag bait?

tripfag is actually a fag