I haven't spent really any time listening to modern music

When I was a teenager I was really "le wrong generation" and I basically spent all my time listening to the Beatles, the Doors, Steely Dan, etc.
Now that I'm older, I realize I know just about nothing about modern music. I'm starting to listen to stuff based on Yea Forums recs, but I'd like a more generalized guide. Can anyone give me some recs from 2010-2019? What I'd really like is maybe a breakdown on the five biggest genres and the five biggest artists from each, or the best albums from each year, or just anything that will break these up into manageable chunks
btw I've seen some people (only on Yea Forums) say Death Grips is the best band of the 2010s, so I'll preface this by saying I've already heard all their stuff. Give me other recs

Attached: The I G G Y.jpg (636x421, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/318942858
youtube.com/watch?v=hn5A9n_d2Fc
youtube.com/watch?v=KGy321ckFBo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The biggest genres are
Electroswing
Deconstructed Club
Jungle Terror
Future House
Future Country

Have you heard the album of the decade though?

Attached: A2435349-3AE0-46F2-BC20-4110C0F3D1C1.jpg (1080x1080, 94K)

I heard it once, I should definitely give it a relisten. There were some moments I thought were kinda dumb like the stupid beats, but it had some stuff that that I thought was real cool like Jay-Zs list of scary monsters to check out

>and the five biggest artists from each

Nice try

While the examples were jokes, the statement as a whole is true. I heard it once, I'll relisten to it later. There were some things I thought were kinda dumb and some stuff I thought was true. It was definitely a good album

Bump

Jay zs list of monsters was definitely a highlight of the album desu

True

Damn, dude. Go to Pitchfork for this kind of faggot shit

Stop everything and check this out
vimeo.com/318942858

I'll go to pitchfork when hell freezes over
Nice

Listen to anything by MatPat's wife Stephanie.

Attached: 51179637_455759618293540_4329553415495823137_n.jpg (1080x1349, 70K)

youtube.com/watch?v=hn5A9n_d2Fc
This is pretty experimental

Early 2000s is as far as I go before I check out. There are minor exceptions, but it's mostly down to modern music production and the unfulfilling sounds produced for the earbud generation. Modern music, in terms of production, is very disappointing and not at all dissimilar to modern filmmaking which has been ruined by digital cameras and shoddy cgi.

>the Beatles
Cringe
>the Doors
Cringe
>Steely Dan
Based

Yeah. That's definitely one of her finest works. I'm also very fond of this release.

youtube.com/watch?v=KGy321ckFBo

Attached: 50100461_522632664891376_6580259204697676865_n.jpg (1080x1350, 110K)

I'll go back and tell my 12 year old self I was 2/3rds cringe and 1/3rd based

Don't bother with modern music, just cultivate a coherent west coast AOR/cocaine rock aesthetic instead.

Can you give me some pointers to start?

It doesn't actually have to be west coast of course, but I'd recommend Toto, Crosby, Still & Nash, Kenny Loggins, Chuck Mangione, Todd Rundgren etc.

travis scott is really popular with the youth and makes decent music. I'd start with Rodeo, his best work

Maybe, but there must be something out there for the everyman