stringtensionpro.com/
>Music theory:
musictheory.net/lessons
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
youtube.com/channel/UCXU3GYv5qEzuPePqXOJBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw

Previous thread:

Attached: 1529321851790.png (900x508, 517K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x-xTttimcNk?t=267
youtu.be/82Bx4OfWQ_Q
reverb.com/item/19993431-esp-usa-m-iii-gt-galaxy-blue-marble-w-maple-fingerboard-stainless-steel-frets
youtube.com/watch?v=oaj29ZBzCbw
youtu.be/qCTcXEbu_es
instaud.io/3o0B
youtu.be/3PC-JJZ9kG0?t=25
youtube.com/watch?v=2WM-e5kvP_o
youtu.be/FlbUUKN4KR0
vocaroo.com/i/s1VJEqNAYIKV
youtube.com/watch?v=J6UKMITt-Us
youtube.com/watch?v=a-SeNaClWmo
youtube.com/watch?v=i5sqJNFFwqc
vocaroo.com/i/s00GHNsOaVWu
youtu.be/sQ771rVlukA
youtube.com/watch?v=kc8H6USGR90
youtu.be/l_i8lsr3zLk
youtu.be/jc0cs-eDAJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lCGCG_N2b30
youtube.com/watch?v=gOnUAWIZPIg
youtu.be/gpGg0c9gUpQ
youtu.be/RUUa112HA78?t=533
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looking for:
Humbucker bridge + Single coil
Tremolo
2 volume 2 tone controls
preferably maple fretboard, flat radius

Attached: 1551558242041.jpg (828x676, 38K)

I'm loving my new baby and its mostly pointless multiscale

Attached: STILETTO STUDIO 5 FF HSN TILT.png (2000x640, 818K)

ESP a shit

Custom Gibson(tm) LP + bigsby

It's utterly silly how much of a functional improvement the Les Trem II is upon a Bigsby. It's cheaper, too.
I suppose the Floyd Rose FRX is the functionally superior option but ugly and awkward looking would be a kind descriptor for it.

Floyd Rose FRX is a perfectly reasonable solution, I have no idea what you're talking about

Attached: 39675fad631db972028fb3e1a7c5b308.jpg (400x397, 18K)

If a beginner thought he wanted to learn both bass and guitar, would it be a good idea to just do that and buy one of each or is it better just to focus on the one and see if you actually enjoy it first?

Learn bass First

What amp do you think works better with effect pedals - Fender Twin Reverb or Vox AC30? I also obviously want nice clean tones as well

I hate to bring up a dad rock related topic but I've always thought that Gilmour's tone on the second guitar solo in Comfortably Numb is fucking A-Grade God Tier.

youtu.be/x-xTttimcNk?t=267

Bought one of these 1x12 grandpa amps to do jazz stuff with. It's about as minimalist as it gets, 1 EQ knob only and not even a reverb tank.

damnit

Attached: lot0644.jpg (4381x3160, 632K)

Different pedals will work with each amp. Try them out and see.

Why bass first?
Yamaha BB234 or BB434? Idk if I should buy the more expensive one as a first.

Thoughts on Larry Dino amps?

Because it helps develop a sense of rhythm and timing if done correctly. It also helps an understanding of scales and modes and phrasing if you use them. I went to a music store and manhandled the bb734a and it was pretty terrific, especially because you can switch between active and passive pickups so I Reccomend that highly albeit more expensive than the ones you said. That being said, watch all the videos on those basses and try them out for yourself before buying them as they might be totally different than the sound you actually want.

Guitar players now focus too much on jerking off rather than creating and developing, keyword developing, an actually decent song. They dont just come out of your ass. Learning bass will definetly help with making the song steady and groovier. And its fun.

Could you guys do a better solo?

youtu.be/82Bx4OfWQ_Q

But that’s the traditional jazz sound.
It’s clean, not too loud, not distorted at all and very accurate for fast, precise playing.
If you wanted some other sound, you shouldn’t have asked for that one.

Should I learn CAGED or triads?

Ain't pointless if you want that tiiight low string. you do you, pal

Also totally removable if you don't like it anymore or if you want to sell the guitar.

Thinking about getting a new guitar

>user
>out-play John Mayer.

Yeah Nah

Attached: Image 006.png (202x220, 37K)

That sounds good. Do that.

You are assuming that the people here play their guitars.
Never do that.

Just learn both, they'll work together.
If you learn the basic, minor/major triad shapes, you'll notice they fit into the full/bar chords that you learn with CAGED, then just choose what's appropriate for the song you're playing

Thanks, bro. Gonna go practice

Mayer sucks

Found one that looks interesting. It's a Fender Custom Shop Strat

Attached: $_59 (1).jpg (506x800, 105K)

This is the other one.

reverb.com/item/19993431-esp-usa-m-iii-gt-galaxy-blue-marble-w-maple-fingerboard-stainless-steel-frets

Hard choice

Hmm, I've got a Warmoth body and neck sitting here - I think I've found the color I want to paint it

What color?

That coppery metallic red in that picture

Are glow in the dark side dots a meme?

The feeling this anime thread gives me, it has to be... The undeniable urge to practice. I am now fully motivated.
Thanks OP

Nope, they make you play 28% faster, that is a well kept industry secret even Guthrie hid all these years

Side dots are meme. If you need training wheels to play guitar, take up another hobby... like knitting

Fucking dumb opinion. Professional artists still use rulers you imbecilic fucking moron, fuck you.

Attached: royal-baby-wheels.jpg (1000x1000, 59K)

Attached: gdjgjdgj.jpg (409x396, 28K)

How do I do this

Hey bro who is you favorite guitarist?
>j john frusciante and j john mayer
Lmfao
Imagine how much of a faggot bitch you must be to say that.

COPE

Learn what words mean. Try enrolling in an english class in your local community college.

This is the problem with guitar players. They rely on visual cues rather than using their ears. This is why real musicians can't take you seriously.

Wouldn't it not be relying on ears? If you play the wrong note on stage you're already fucked at that point.

Oh man, a fuzz going into a ring modulator set to a low frequency (say 5 Hz) sounds fucking GNARLY.
Definitely gonna find a use for this.

Over any chord there's a 6 note scale that will work over it. We have 12 notes to play with. You're only fret away from any so-called right note so slide up or down

Nobody cares. The people who are good enough to not use them, don’t.
If you are assblasted enough to rail against dots put on the side of a guitar’s neck, I don’t know what to tell you.

Attached: 85DE5FF5-7D66-4D7A-AFB9-ABAC73B18D34.jpg (4032x3024, 1.66M)

Aright /gg/ be/gg/inners, I'm going to tell you the guitar secret to end all guitar secrets. This is all you will ever need to know concerning guitar playing. Ready?

The only thing you need to do when you play guitar is to use all four of your fingers to fret and use one of the following combinations:
>index, ring, pinky (1,3,4)
OR
>index, middle, pinky (1,2,4)

You will always be in tune and everything will end up sounding perfect no matter what you do if you play like this. This works 100% of the time with any arrangement, any genre of music, and any style of playing as long as you adjust your tempo to compensate.

Wa-lah! I just saved you six years at Berklee! You're welcome!

Attached: guitar secrets.jpg (446x582, 40K)

Decided to scallop my fretboard. How did I do?

Attached: FB_IMG_1551805828570.jpg (720x370, 19K)

Looks great. Tell us how it works out.

All the cool Dads play Music Man™.

Attached: Image-SteveLukather.jpg (1412x1596, 377K)

Sad part is you half believe this. Good luck playing cannibal corpse riffs jackass

Don't know all that mucha bout guitar effects and all, how do I get a tone like the one on this track?
youtube.com/watch?v=oaj29ZBzCbw

Attached: curtis.png (500x492, 395K)

>Wah-lah!
opinion discarded

Attached: laughatyou.jpg (640x480, 33K)

What fretboard?

Looks beutiful aside from the tuning knob and pickup colours, way too bright and clean looking, really fuck with the contrast.
He said wa-lah though.

bought this today
the clean sounds are nice but the crunch is not so nice

Attached: micro_cube.jpg (1024x683, 107K)

Is fingerstyle on acoustic steel stupid?

wtf micro cubes come in red now?

>Use all four fingers to fret
>Lists two combinations that only use three fingers

I don't get it

Attached: FB_IMG_1546213467051.jpg (1080x1080, 113K)

this is true but sometimes you have to also use 1 and 4 like at the beginning and end of a pentatonic scale

youtu.be/qCTcXEbu_es

That's probably why you need to go to Berklee

Why does everyone shit on ernie ball strings?

Attached: singles.png (500x280, 127K)

How do I play x757xx to slide into x879xx like this???

>but the crunch is not so nice
You have to tone it back quite a bit but it can be decent for a cheap amp

How do I take the pentatonic from sounding bluesy to that 60s/70s rock?

Attached: 1505881684586.png (645x773, 7K)

Because theyre brittle and cheap feeling and are only bought by peasants. Get a job you fucking spic.

They do?

you wat?

>playing chords

Attached: 1494522044107.gif (500x394, 184K)

Why is everyone here so fucking angry all the time

Imagine spending years of your life doing something and having developed no ability to show for it. Imagine your relatives and friends finding out you started playing guitar and 5 years later when they ask you to play something cool you got fuckall to show to them. Do you realise how embarrasing and humiliating such a thing is?

Guys I want to get a new tube amp, I mostly play both super clean stuff (math, post rock) and heavy stoner shit/heavy psych. I want a fender amp for my clean, is the bassman the amp I need to cover both territories?

Super Sonic

I'd recommend looking into the new Bassbreaker 30r before getting the Super Sonic. Sonic is good for what you want, but that new Bassbreaker is pure sex

Okay folks, is the Hendrix bend going up on the B then playing one fret down on the G or is it the same fret on both strings?

For years I thought it was both, but I've seen a couple things now of people doing the one fret down thing and I'm about to rage after wasting years of thinking I just have a shitty guitar that will never have a decent enough action for the same fret bend...

Bassbreakser doesn't have the gain the Sonic has.

>more gain = automatically better
Stoner rock/psych shit usually uses fuzz pedals to get that little extra. The Bassbreaker would work just as well.

Here: instaud.io/3o0B
Sounds fucking nasty. I love it.

I didn't know Josh Homme had time to fuck around on Yea Forums

Nobody cares

Just because your wife cucks you doesn't mean you have to make everyone else has miserable as you, my dude

But literally how?
How could you play for years and not know some riffs?

Still better than being sat at home watching netflix

Dont be retarded, just buy a guitar trust me

Let me guess ur a boomer

But you wouldn't need the pedals with the Sonic

Boomers don't use words like "meme"

everything is a fucking meme. Just do whatever you wanna do

Suddenly I want another schecter

stoner rock needs fuzz pedals. That's a defining characteristic of the sound, what are you on about?

>stoner rock

Attached: 1537318713069.jpg (104x125, 2K)

The original question specifically mentioned stoner rock...

Attached: 1546742879929.jpg (640x1024, 64K)

oh i'm sorry
>(math, post rock) and heavy stoner shit/heavy psych

Attached: 1537650459574.png (323x384, 24K)

Well I'm no Josh Homme but I'll take that as a compliment.

Appreciating pictures like this really makes me feel like I get the core Yea Forums sensibility, fantastic stuff. Gotta shout out to all the guys on youtube who use anime avatars, missionaires for the cause.

Attached: 1523825346173.jpg (1274x720, 97K)

This was fucking stupid

no u

Attached: 1421609453805.jpg (489x479, 34K)

Do you even kniw how to actually play guitar? Maybe the keyboard is the instrument for you and your sperg sounds.

nigger, do you realize how many different genres of music there are and how many ways there are to play the guitar? Just because you're only capable of 3 chord blues riffs doesn't mean the rest of us are.

I can make sperg sounds on guitar just fine.
I don't even like playing my keyboard. But it's useful for some bleeps and bloops once in a while.

Also don't go hating on me cause I'm still in the suck phase. Everybody sucked once. I'll just keep making dumb sounds until it stops sucking.

I really want to be good at playing folk & blues guitar

What do I learn? I dont care too much about being the pinnacle of technicality. I just want to be good enough that people have fun when I perform live some day and I can uplift people's days

Attached: 20190226_100852.jpg (1440x1440, 905K)

so who else here
>ambernaturalGreTscHin'
this afternoon?

Attached: g56.jpg (469x522, 27K)

This.

Real be/gg/iner here. Is this good advice?

do you see any arguments against it?

I see you

Can anyone tell me if it's a guitar and what type at 0:25?
youtu.be/3PC-JJZ9kG0?t=25

Attached: lol no you dont.jpg (443x169, 23K)

why do classical guitars have so much more soul than acoustics?
youtube.com/watch?v=2WM-e5kvP_o

>changed filename
Oh yes I did

how does this post relate to guitar?

Attached: singersongwriterpara.jpg (768x960, 42K)

I hope everyone is getting good practice in today

Attached: 5DF0410E-F866-4C32-8E0D-78399BA49335.jpg (1087x1658, 261K)

Bassman 135 or a newer bassman, super clean warm tones. Beautiful amp, I just bought a 135 for my bass and it's incredible.

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY

Why not a Twin Reverb?

Hell yeah brother

What’s the best way to master hammer ons and pull offs? How much pressure should i apply when I hammer the string?

Attached: 82358BF3-F2E8-449A-B951-7BA1C56DBA15.jpg (1536x1588, 617K)

Who uses a chorus pedal? How do you like it?

Cobain
Judging by how his life panned out I'm going to guess he didn't.

Okay bud I'll steer clear of the Small Clone then

Attached: 20190306_115602.jpg (1142x1200, 125K)

Guitarist:
>has to choose between playing rhythm or lead
Pianist:
>does both
Guitarfags are pathetic lmao

Attached: B0565BD6-4A7D-4F35-9DC2-E710669008EC.gif (300x577, 279K)

the fuck is with that grain

Nobody cares

Attached: aliens-guy.jpg (1280x1120, 130K)

Good guitarists can do both, check out pasquale grasso

You need to listen to better guitarists

Its a bookmatched 2 piece body. That them there markings is called bear claw

small clone is actually really good imo, Cobain was just and edgy fuck with daddy issues. Unironically, he would have gone tranny before Bruce Jenner even thought about it

What do you think about the new Jackson's 'Gibson killer'

Attached: Jackson.png (1398x467, 539K)

>Le Paul shape with in line tuners
I'm intrigued

>Are you a Fender or a Gibson guy?
>Yes

Attached: efa97666d6c36c5a229b25fc7fb06ac1.jpg (1024x780, 105K)

>roman leaves
>thread dies
fug

discord where pls

Looks great, but just by virtue of gibson being too retarded to fix their dumb headstock design

Nobody cares

If I ignore it maybe it will go away

^ yeah breh keep samefagging surely no one can tell

I don't know jack shit about these amps, thanks for the recommendation! Just to clarify i don't really use amp distortion (for stoner/heavy stuff) i'm mainly using a pharaoh fuzz or a dba apocalypse. I can get a Super-Sonic Twin combo, are these also good?
Sorry i should have been more clear: a bassman for guitar use.
I've read many times that a bassman is more pedal friendly than a twin reverb. Still the TR was my first choice but i don't know if it's suited for lower tunings like C or B. I want the more workaround amp i can get.

Attached: 1533643428112.jpg (1024x762, 144K)

who else /comfy/ here

Attached: IMG-1323.jpg (4032x3024, 2.52M)

I've never heard the pedal thing about bassmans. I'd just play them both and see which one you like the most.

Why the fuck do people still buy butterscotch Teles instead of sunburst Teles when;

a) sunburst Teles are objectively more aesthetically pleasing and

b) aren't completely fucking overdone and a literal /r/guitarcirclejerk meme?

My quad dubs confirm that butterscotch Teles are for faggots

Because not everyone likes the same things.

>3 knobs
Thats my lp copy pet peeve

I'm with you on that. Anything other than 4 (even though I think 4 is unnecessary) just looks wrong.

Because some folks just like that old and classic look. Why do people spend a million dollars on old cars when you could buy a new Ferrari for less than that? Because they like the way it looks

ban evasion is against the rules

Yeah that's probably what i'm gonna do, just take my main fuzz and a low tuned guitar to try them both, still i'm interested in people impressions and advice because I know both amps are going to sound good by themselves in the store which doesn't mean it will work in a band situation. Thanks for you input tho.

Attached: 1520756234438.jpg (180x192, 16K)

He hasn't been here in like 5 years

based and sunburstpilled

Agreed

Bruce Springsteen sucked Clarence Clemons dick wearing that BSB tele
he also didn't learn how to play guitar until 2007 which just goes to show you fake it til you make it

Attached: MVIMG_20190117_143706.jpg (2592x1944, 1.17M)

I kind of like it. It looks like a deer or something.

it's pretty cool

Attached: X SERIES CONCERT™ BASS CBXNT V.png (1397x385, 412K)

Attached: 1534273379715.png (288x415, 178K)

Nobody cares

anyone?

Attached: 1550964942719.jpg (600x600, 225K)

My picks always break like this after 1-2 hours of use. Is it ok to rock this hard?

Attached: 20190306_184829.jpg (4032x1960, 3.72M)

Attached: My-Halo-Custom-Guitar (5).jpg (995x420, 46K)

you can tell when r leaves because theres no clairo thread in the catalog

>mediums
There's your problem

Get any Dunlop over .70
Instead of breaking they just wear down with time.

I want to buy a first pedal. I would like to have delay as well as chorus. My amp already has reverb built in. Does anyone have the boss digital delay pedal? Can it do chorus too? Or am I better off buying a pedal for each effect? Any must have pedals?

Real stimulating conversation we're having here guys. Top notch

Attached: lindert_thumbs_up_head.gif (620x932, 264K)

Get a big muff

I just bought a fender j bass mim, got a good deal on it $425 new. I've only ever owned a squier pj bass.

Did I do good

Attached: 1527489448829.jpg (620x620, 40K)

yep

As long as it's in great shape that's a solid deal.

Attached: IMG_1284.jpg (4032x3024, 2.08M)

So uh... I just discovered Stevie Ray Vaughan today.

Should I just quit now?

I feel depressed. I don't have any friends that are even remotely supportive or interested in anything I do. How do I deal lads.. do I just go cocoon mode and learn bass or what

>hasnt seen joe satriani play cool 9 on youtube

Will you ever be able to play like he did with those thick ass-strings? Probably not. He was a freak.
That being said, no, don't quit. Just be you. Develop your own sound, your own style. Don't focus on being as good or better than other people. Focus on crafting a unique style/sound.

Get interests
Find friends based on them

Meh, Satriani never resonated with me for some reason. Same with Vai

Twas a joke, senpai

so awesome. hopefully when you guys graduate high school you can get a real bass

Watch this. You wont regret it
youtu.be/FlbUUKN4KR0

>wankshit

Attached: 8131408032_68b29ae6a8.jpg (380x380, 66K)

the notes are becoming clearer in my head as the days pass and my intonation is getting solider
vocaroo.com/i/s1VJEqNAYIKV

how to fix two pickups wired out of phase with eachother but sounding good on their own

Yea it was brand new from guitar center they have a 20% off deal right now I think I got the last one though

How is jazz and blues rock wankshit you fucking retard?. Just because your favorite guitarist only knows 3 chords doesnt make him good

>satriani
>jazz/blues
pick only one

i fucking hate my Indonesian strat and i ruined it more by trying to fix it

Attached: 1551667491730.jpg (1200x900, 155K)

I'm gonna start commenting on this as it goes

>2 mins in
I'm regretting it, but taht slight beer gut on the bass player makes me happy for some reason
>3 mins in
I'm liking this bass solo going on more than the guitar stuff
>5 mins in
is this just going to be mindless self indulgent guitar wankery for wankery sake? And Buckethead does the nubbing thing better
>6 mins
What did you have me waste my life like this?
>7 mins
This is never actually going to get good, is it?
>8 mins
Fuck you and everything you believe and stand for

youtube.com/watch?v=J6UKMITt-Us

At least those 3 chord guitarist actually effect people emotionally, something Satriani has never done.

What did you do?

will you be my friend

this makes me wonder something. does satriani have emotions?

i like the bassist

I think he's one of them reptilians. It would make sense desu

That's a great deal then

He's to smart too experience emotion

>added more trem springs
>added a trem arm
>removed that gay plastic square guard in the back
>sanded for thinner neck
>put lemongrass oil all over fretboard and sanded that with steel brush
>playing around with tightening the bridge
>got 60 hz buzz
>22th frets dont make good sound

Attached: 1551660528001.jpg (440x492, 100K)

>having emotions
lol pleb af

this is true, i can confirm

ok, post really cool guitar playing

it's some shit hh guitar with no pup switch btw

Literally any and all of the jams during this show

youtube.com/watch?v=a-SeNaClWmo

Attached: 111tv9.jpg (600x400, 50K)

the only way i can see myself fixing it is if i blow it up and film it

Attached: くg-smoking-pepe-contemplating-2729020.png (500x470, 41K)

the filming part makes me think youre in all this for attention

>effect people
Lmfao am i supposed to take this brainlet seriously?

>blow it up and film it
do this and post results pls. It'd be super cool if you blew it up while playing it. Think, you're in the middle of sick shreds and then it just explodes into pieces. I'm also not responsible if you do this because it's a horrible horrible idea and you're almost guaranteed to get fucked up doing it.

Attached: blow the fuckers up.png (300x270, 105K)

Buy a new neck. The rest is fixable.

Fuck you and fuck wonderwall.

Cover it in kaka, then take it to a guitar center and set it on fire right in the middle of the store

>play the guitar for any other reasons

Attached: 1541533734052.jpg (214x235, 8K)

Only based route, after go to the same guitar center and get an Ibanez

youtube.com/watch?v=i5sqJNFFwqc

vocaroo.com/i/s00GHNsOaVWu

Attached: FE24C3F0-F518-4911-B5E2-BD7046CF1993.jpg (1000x1500, 499K)

Jokes on you, bitch. I don't really like Wonderwall

>plays at montreaux jazz festival
>HURRR DUUUURR HES NOT JAZZ

Here my boy satriani truly conveys his emotions.
youtu.be/sQ771rVlukA

I didn't like this at all. Wolfmotheresque. Cool kids' feigned early 70's bohemian bs no one outside their echo chamber should care about. Sounds alarmingly familiar in 2019, doesn't it? I must admit Satriani seems to be light-years ahead of this feeling- and technique-wise, even though I never really liked his playing or stage persona, at least he doesn't profit off of counterfeit Buddy Guy.

I see friend, you are a true follower of the kaka as well.
Wonderful kaka my friend, you truly took it to a whole artistic level.

>counterfeit Buddy Guy
?

Only person that fits that bill is jimi jendrix

It's great, but here's a thing. It aged terribly, Satriani didn't.

That is some of the most boring as fuck "jazz" i've ever listened to. Is satriani's entire songwriting ability extend only as far as muzak and scale run excercises?

youtube.com/watch?v=kc8H6USGR90

Shut your whore mouth that song is for his wife.
This next ones are 2 of my faves. Its complex so not for brainlet
youtu.be/l_i8lsr3zLk
youtu.be/jc0cs-eDAJQ
Imho those 2 are all you need to see he is a truly stand out player

you don't know some of the most legendary guitar pieces?
youtube.com/watch?v=lCGCG_N2b30

You're just memeing, aren't you. Almost had us for a second

Two minutes into the first video and I already feel like shoving some valium up my arse. This is fucking middle aged housewife shit. I could imagine this being on the same playlist as Dave fucking Matthews. What is wrong with you? Get some taste, jesus christ.

sounds like Satch but without his skill, not even close to Satch's impeccable tone and tasty phrasing.
I honestly don't know what you all trying to prove here, Satriani is a guitar giant in a league of his own.

pick with the fat end

>2 minutes in and i feel like shoving something up my ass
Thanks for sharing

>i had A BAD DREAM THAT NIGHT
Lmfao
Isnt it sad that youtube comments are unironically better than /gg/

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-06-17-48-00.png (1080x2160, 860K)

dude, there's kaka up there...

Sucks about the poo ferro but it looks pretty good Regardless

Lol last night I had a dream where my friend gave me a really sexy blueish/turquoise hollow body and then his grandfather gave me a matching colour 7 string Ibanez

Satiate your cock lust freak.

Do they feel that different? I haven't had much experience with them I don't think

Their colour is extremely random from bright orange to rosewoody and most of the times a mix. People have said they still have fuzz when brand new but ive never seen it. Imo they feel pretty good but its not like you touch it all the time.

All I hear is Wah through a very slightly overdriven tube amp. I recommend the Vox Wah.

Holy shit, Joe Satriani's music could the most powerful insomnia cure ever created. What a boring, pompous wanker.

Be careful, it's a slippery slope between 5 strings and 6. Already thinking about 7.

Thank fuck Im not the only one. Vai is the worst in fact

coping shredlet

Neck yourself you miserable rhythm guitarist.

His ballads sound like 80s porn music. His more rocking or uptempo stuff sounds like the power rangers theme with shreddy guitar. All the technique in the world and not a single cool musical idea.

satriani is godawful. he's technically gifted but he suffers from buckethead syndrome

I don't think that's a fair comparison, buckethead was capable of shitting out at least a couple memorable riffs and musical motifs throughout his entire career.

whats buckethead syndrome user

This song is sick

youtube.com/watch?v=gOnUAWIZPIg

>buckethead was capable of shitting out at least a couple memorable riffs and musical motifs throughout his entire career.
>satch didn't have at least a couple memorable riffs and musical motifs
who let these faglords in?

Attached: 658.jpg (600x886, 35K)

good technique, no feel
thats true, perhaps Bonamassa syndrome would be more fitting

jesus christ i wonder what the people who browse this general look like

The only track I can think of and remember at least a single phrasing from is Cherry Blossoms and I'm pretty sure the only reason is because I heard a rendition by someone else many years ago.

Attached: 29e.jpg (600x885, 36K)

Attached: thunk.gif (438x375, 1M)

chubby effeminate guys with glasses. someone was putting together a collage but i dont know if it was finished.

Attached: article-0-1AE61DD4000005DC-220_634x480.jpg (634x480, 59K)

skinny 6'1 dude with afro checking in

Attached: mary.jpg (620x414, 26K)

Adam lanza

>no feel

Attached: wtf am I reading.jpg (400x248, 35K)

Reminder that the same dudes trying to put shade on joe satriani play squier offsets

She's great

Nobody cares

MBV wankers
if you like feedback that much get a job at the council

I do
Fuck you

I'm just saying you can have all the talent in the world, do nothing with it and have no soul

>have no soul
just fuck off

>soul
can you explain what that is?

I can now do the f chord. Where do I collect my (you)s

>a strong positive feeling (as of intense sensitivity and emotional fervor) conveyed especially by African American performers

Attached: My-Halo-Custom-Guitar (7).jpg (995x420, 51K)

Remember when the bedroom guitarist shred obsessed kiddies idolised fun shit like dragonforce instead of retirement community idols like satriani? What the fuck happened?

want mexican strat

don't know what else I'd buy I'm a strat gal

want to talk about guitars, good website to get one second hand like reverb.com but has to be a current model because the spaghetti logo and made in mexicos on the back of headstock.

relax breh they all already went to bed its a school night

>gal
tits and timestamp now

Hi! Few things to start off with =]
1. Yes I adore you because you're a female guitarist, 'tis and awesome thing to see!
2. I'm Brian.
3. Don't be intimidated, but I'm not like a stereotypical guy. If anything, I'll be the one in the kitchen =D

The logo is determined by the series, not the year or manufacture. Try musicgoround and guitar center. Sweetwater also has a used section that's like craigslist (individual sellers).

I feel like only classical guitarists can do both, or any intense fingerstylw really. It’s about as close as I’ve gottwn to what I do on piano but they’re both instruments of many nuances

Chet Atkins could play two separate songs at the same time.

This is bad bait

>kids aren't aware of how Jimi Hendrix seamlessly blended lead and rhythm guitar

>doesnt recognize bait

thanks

youtu.be/gpGg0c9gUpQ

Attached: 702E2977-ACE4-4773-9C76-9FF629329C76.jpg (784x1001, 187K)

c: thanks Brian my dads a musician and he cooked a lot

Thanks I don't like the old logos on the standard series I like the player series logos. And how they added an extra fret and changed the tremolol.

my fretboard is covered in garlic sauce help

maple or rosewood

yes

fuck i mean rosewood
it's rosewood

>help
no

take it to a music store,

they know the right cleaning material

local store makes money, you didn't ruin the guitar ect.

is it okay if i still play it i haven't finished my kebab yet? will it get worse?

lol heres your new thread gay bois

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 39K)

sure breh it will be just fine

Attached: toosoon.jpg (1757x813, 107K)

Attached: He can't keep getting away with it.jpg (245x295, 29K)

i changed my mind

>shes deleting posts again

I have all these gay pictures saved as a joke user Ahhahahahaha youre so gay let me open my penis folder and choose an image of many i have saved haha youre so gay heres a dick i saved. Haha gay guys are funny thats why i save and look at these pictures.

you ok bud? you need a glass of water?

Attached: 35888215_666719060340413_4550876617320169472_n1.jpg (526x443, 48K)

wtf don't steal my post

wutchu gonna do bout it

Attached: jgdmvgmaf0iy.png (409x409, 176K)

Your mom

the fuck you just say you little punk

Attached: 1511378742584.jpg (454x453, 74K)

Is that a Highway 1 Jazz?

which one?

The Jazz bass

oh sorry i didn't see where you said jazz

Attached: EFPGEWTTUO.jpg (433x477, 28K)

lol i just really like this pic guise

What is this? Fretboard conditioner?
Looks like i can chug it

Attached: Image 102.png (206x181, 67K)

>playing single notes

Attached: Image 086.png (451x403, 193K)

i think it's monster energy

>playing music

Attached: 4gqtz1.jpg (640x480, 50K)

memeber new thread over here guise come on in

Attached: IMG_0755-A-rgb.jpg (560x798, 155K)

Pick-only playing pls

but member: no racism allowed

Attached: tenor.gif (220x311, 17K)

save yourself 66% of your cash

Attached: Image 009.png (199x186, 32K)

You're telling me that intro isn't smooth as shit?

Attached: 1509441568074.png (324x309, 37K)

>playing

Attached: serveimage (10).jpg (640x640, 52K)

He just expresses them all through guitar faces. It's non-curable

Attached: Image 010.png (115x119, 23K)

He's the only guy i've ever seen with the EBMM Bongo bass and thought "yeah, that suits him"

Killer player though, super groovy

what about say.....having fun?

>I already feel like shoving some valium up my arse

Maybe you should take a break and practice, user

Attached: Image 1.png (386x366, 193K)

This guy knows whats up

youtu.be/RUUa112HA78?t=533

Cmon man, he's got a unique playing style, abuses the trem beyond regular divebombs and has a great ear for single note melodies, what's not to like.

Unless you're....jealous?

>Buckethead syndrome.

Other user was right, you meant Bonamassa syndrome

Attached: Image 011.png (370x369, 231K)

Ah, so he's a white, CIS male

I think you're on the wrong site user.

Gotchu senpai

Attached: Image 060.png (965x336, 295K)

Similar ideas to classical, just used in a country context. Both pretty cool

Need a lift home user?

Attached: Image 012.png (435x294, 177K)