To the people who refuse to listen to any modern music

To the people who refuse to listen to any modern music.

Literally why?

Attached: 2390-043.png (997x911, 1.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3kJcvkdAqAM
vimeo.com/318942858
youtube.com/watch?v=YnwsMEabmSo
youtube.com/watch?v=S1gp0m4B5p8
youtube.com/watch?v=hLC9ZxtuLxI
youtube.com/watch?v=pTOC_q0NLTk
youtube.com/watch?v=hqDinxaPUK4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it sucks

what the fuck are you talking about

To the people who refuse to listen to any modern music. LITERALLY WHY????

Attached: 6T8YUHIOJ.png (574x724, 596K)

There's so much old music I haven't heard yet.

Kek

Attached: 1546458653069.jpg (680x1133, 125K)

We aren't pseudointellectual faggots and are open-minded to anything that is good to our ears

I've realized that I don't listen to anything made before 1990

theres not a lot of good music coming out this year just like last year

Becuase I mainly listen to Rock, Metal and Electronic stuff. Indie rock is awful currently, metal is meh atm and Electronic is decent if you look hard enough. Quite frankly though, I can find vast amounts of better shit from the 70s and 80s.

>posting Fantano

gonna be a "Yikes" from me

this. everything about this decade sucks and it's not going to get any better. the only "new" releases i care about are reissues and compilations

III LOOOVEE YOUU JESUUSS CHRISSTTTTTT
JESUS CHRIST I LOVE YOU YEES I DOOOOO

I LOVE YOU JESUUUSS CHRIIIIISSSST
JESUS CHRIST I LOVE YOU YES I DOO
AND ON THE LAZY DAYS THE DOGS DISSOLVE AND DRAIN AWAY THE WORLD IT GOES AND ALL AWAITS THE DAY WE ARE AWAITING

UP AND OVER WE GO THORUGH THE WAVE AND UNDERTWO I WILL FLOAT UNTIL I LEARN HOW TO SWIM
INSIDE MY MOTHER IN A GARBAGE BIN
UNTIL I FIN DMYSELF AGAIIINN

UP AND OVER WE GO MOUTHS OPEN WIDE AND SPITTING STILL
AND I WILL SPIT UNTIL I LEARN HOW TO SPEAK
UP THROUGH THE DOORWAY AS TEH SIDEBOARDS CREEK
WITH THEM EVERY PROCLAMING MEEEEE

UP AND OOVEERRR WE GO THE WEIGHT IT STIS ON DOWN AND I DONT KNOW I WILL SHOUT UNTIL THEY KNOW WHAT I MEAN
I MEAN THE MARRIAGE OF A DEAD DOG SING
AND A SYNTHETIC FLYING MACHINEE
OOOOOOO

OK

Rap is dogshit, indie is lame chill out gay shit, punk is a fucking joke, rock is a joke, the holocaust of tasteful production, what the fuck am I supposed to listen to? Show me something that cameout after the mid nineties.

Attached: a1509739310_10.jpg (1200x1200, 382K)

It has no heart, usually reeks of corporate shilling, and is made by weak people who promote lifestyles and values I refuse to accept

I listened to the new Weezer album recently, and almost got halfway through sicko mode before shutting it off and realizing new popular music is shit

Not good user, not good. Buttrock.

I'll never be a mod. I'm gonna kill myself.

dude have you really not heard any fantastic albums post mid nineties? I mean I agree about there not being that much great music being released in the past couple of years but mid nineties gives you a whole fucking lot to work with

shut up boomerfaggot

Attached: 3djk3rt236j11.jpg (500x322, 16K)

There have been some good albums, but nothing special. Why would I listen to a bunch of copy cats when I can get the real thing? I mostly listen to pop and rock and its all just nostalgiacore, so why bother? It's all been done before and far better. Hip hop is the zeitgeist now, its over.

Go listen to shit hop white faggot

>nothing special
although this was released 2000 so it's cutting it pretty close

Attached: 42838-whatever-you-love-you-are.jpg (500x500, 100K)

OLD GOOD
NEW BAD

It just happens to be that way.

Pretty unique. The arrangement is cool but I don't ever want to listen to it again

gross thread

you said you like rock, here's a pretty solid rock album released 2008. Has a lot to offer if you can hurdle the vocals, I don't personally mind them that much but I could see them being a turn off

Attached: 71hurcjgdQL._SL1243_.jpg (1243x1118, 240K)

Because everything made after recorded music exploded in popularity is just some bastard child of 1920's jazz or country/folk.

Haven't found anything I like and I'm too lazy to look. I don't completely ignore modern music, and every once in a while I find something I like. I just think most of what comes out and gets talked about is overproduced, underinspired, or just not my thing.

Too indie for my taste. It seems like after the nineties rock just became indie or buttrock. I appreciate it but there's no hope for me. The 50's-80's just has so much good musically diverse stuff to offer. And this is cliche, but it seems to have a soul not found in the new stuff. I think the hipsters in the 90's ruined rock n roll forever.

What about emo-core or Ska_poop?

Jesus the state of Yea Forums right now.
This place is cringe bad.

Every time I listen to modern music I get upset, especially considering the fact that modern music today won't be remembered and consists mostly of well-known artists making below average music because they peaked a decade or more ago.

90's and Mid 2000's - Soul
Now - SOULLESS.

Attached: 297539553.gif (187x250, 1.47M)

Classical is just better. Really, there is no reason to listen to music other than classical, especially considering its a tradition that has lasted almost an entire millennium, while other genres of popular music start to die out after just half a century in the best cases like jazz, rock, etc.

I don't refuse to listen to literally all of it, but even with the loudness war theoretically winding down, most of it is still low dynamic range.

How did this robot pass the fucking captcha?

Folk music has lasted just as long and is no more diverse. Folk music includes rock and pop, hip hop and jazz, blues and country, even electronic music is indebted almost entirely to folk music.

Folk songs don't last as long, as they eventually get forgotten or modified through generations to the point they stop resembling the previous song. They mutate to appease the public based on novelties (especially when it comes to popular music like jazz, rock, etc), which is why they get forgotten during the span of one or two generations. It's just not good music, it's not meant to last, it's meant to be instantaneous entertainment with the intention to sell (popular music, at least).

you've clearly never eaten ass

Why would I listen to modern music when there are so many good songs from the past I haven't heard?

Garbage opinion.

What exactly do you mean by modern music?
I grew up listening to punk, metal, rock, electronic, jazz, funk, folk, etc.
I was really inspired by the punk/grunge ethos of not selling out. Also i was a kid during the peak of indie hipster "im so obscure for you" bullshit

Then around 2010 the music industry decided music should be wittled down to pop and pop rap. and we were only allowed to eat heaping piles of shit because something something poptamism

There is nothing that appeals to me culturally with rap or pop.

Indie music seems to be nothing but trust fund kids larping as poor people and making the most bland music on the planet on purpose "OH DUDE IT SOUNDS LIKE ELVATOR MUSIC ON PURPOSE HURRRF DURRF'

I feel like the guy from I AM LEGEND. everyone has turned into vampires, and im just hiding out in a house refusing to listen to the top 40

i feel like if i heard a distorted guitar i would be like, oh shit, another human.

Attached: the_last_man_pic.jpg (620x350, 42K)

I'll start listening to modern music once I've caught up on the history of music. It's too often that I hear a modern album I like, but it turns out it is just a cheap knockoff of a much better older album I didn't know about.

Define "modern"

the only new music i listen to is bleeps and slam death metal

youtube.com/watch?v=3kJcvkdAqAM
Only recent band with more than 1 song in my library, and I still don't like a lot of their stuff.

like playboy carti or clairo

wtf i love modern music now
vimeo.com/318942858

Of these
>Silver Jews
>Jason Molina
>Will Oldham
>The Microphones
>Sweet Trip
>Have a Nice Life
>The Microphones
>Tim Hecker
>Red House Painters
>Nu-SWANS
>The Oh Sees
>Ty Segall
How many have you actually tried listening to?
These are all artists with albums that are easily as valuable and valid as their preceding artists. Sure indie has been shite for about 5 years but come on, music didn't die in the mid-ninties. Go fucking whinge and cry elsewhere you dumb faggot.

I used to like electronic music. Back when all the DJ's were british and it was called electronica. But then they made all the DJ'S american and started calling it EDM

I cant relate to rap music. I despise everything it stands for, its stupidity, its embrace of ignorance, its consumerism. Honestly, its not a race things. I actually hate white guys who rap even more than black guys who rap. Rap has become pop, its disposable and boring, and about the image not the music

Pop music. its basically capitalism in its purest form, i want nothing to do with it. Its fans are the stupidest and most easily manipulated people on the planet

indie music: indie music doesnt exist anymore, indie labels dont exist anymore. The idea of some kid in his garage with a guitar doesnt exist anymore. All the people who are pushed on you as "indie" are industry plant trust fund kids making yacht rock elevator music. No angst, not anger, no Dionysian ecstasy only a prole could manifest to disrupt bourgeois normality (cough, cough, cobain)

punk is dead.

metal is still good, like some lovecraftian death cult that wont die

folk has devolved into like mumford and sons doing acoustic dubstep remixes while they larp as old timey rural people

I mean, if you are actually even slightly older you realize this is quite possibbly the worst time in human history for music

Attached: 1492137924862.jpg (672x960, 98K)

she is soooo adorable!

Joke's on you, nigger. I've listened to a lot of new shit this year and some of it is even good. Also, shoutouts to user who listens to semi-obscure bleeps he finds through wire magazine, he's pretty cool.
To all the suckers who utterly refuse to look into new music - enjoy turning into exact copies of your boomer dads early.

Attached: topsters2 (6).png (2304x1365, 1.67M)

you should check the 60s

oh, I did it long ago

try anal

ITT: /r/ledzeppelin escapes its containment board

I regularly anally masturbate

i'm almost 40 years old and nothing is sadder than a grown ass man trying to "be down" with the kids music. unless he also tries to dress like #swag.

>grown ass man trying to "be down" with the kids music
what? do you realize that "kids music" is played by grown-ass men?

most modern musicians makes me cringe. especially those who where around when i was a kid, like snoop dogg, madonna and beyonce

anyone who's under 25 and dislikes rap is low test, that's not an opinion it's a fact.

>weezer
>modern music

Attached: 1495324680946.gif (381x271, 462K)

Not much that intrest me in modern stuff. I'll stick to the old shit.

All modern music is just pushing anti-white and leftist agendas.

Imagine not listening to music from multiple decades because you assume it's "all shit."

Fucking hell, I'd kill myself.

I don't have to imagine. I just have to come to Yea Forums to see this shit every fucking day.

Probably because folk is defined by its lyrical style more than its melodic/instrumental techniques.

There's a lot of good stuff I haven't listened to yet in previous decades. Not really refusing modern music or anything, just listening to it is not a top priority thing.

This. Unless your top priority is talking to others about current music there really are no big reasons to listen to stuff as soon as it comes out.

I do this and it sucks

haven't even done 60,70s,or 90s fully but i should listen to contemporary music? literally why? rock is dead now anyway

>enjoy turning into exact copies of your boomer dads early
what's the issue? i love my dad and his music taste.

It's literally the only not retarded opinion in this thread

Attached: t729ru3959t11.jpg (627x571, 36K)

>It's literally the most retarded opinion in this thread
Had to fix it for you, dumbo.

Zoomer spotted

Attached: frog-dumb.gif (500x375, 618K)

>i was born in the wrong generation waaah

Depends on what you mean by modern music?
Top 40 Pop has gotten to be a cheap parody of music.

We got songs with deep profound lyrics like "I'm in love with your body."

Peak Romance.

Music that is so simplistic and derivative of everything that came before it, that it can hardly be called music.

Electro Nursery Rhymes infused with millenial woops. It's fucking Ghastly.

Also I've noticed that a lot of pop songs use the cheesiest cheapest generic most un-interesting sounding synths I could imagine using.

But pop music isn't the only "Modern" music. I would hardly call most of it modern or music.

At best it's an infantile attempt at imitating music.

I grew up begging my mom to put Stevie wonder Inner Visions on the record player.

The synths on that album are far more interesting vibrant and full of life than anything I hear on the radio today.

There is plenty of good modern music out there.
But none of it gets corporate backing because new innovative music is a huge financial risk.

I was sitting in my School Cafeteria a couple of weeks ago, and the most sophisticated interesting song that came on was Katy Perry Roar.

When the bar is that low, and everything else was orders of magnitude crappier you know music is in trouble.

OMG DAE ELECTRIC GUITAR?!?! INDUSTRY IS FAKE NPC!!!

Attached: 1487730698247.jpg (980x551, 99K)

Barrier for entry is virtually zero now.
70's if you were recording in a studio, someone was paying for it and you would have likely been solid on your instrument, or have written songs that someone was willing to pay to record. It only makes sense that when everyone can afford to make music, you have to sift through so much more "meh" to find good stuff

Autistic maximalist teenager spotted. If you willingly choose to not look for interesting new shit, at least try to abstain from making retarded remarks that are literally "1920 music begins"-tier.

>Barrier for entry is virtually zero now.
I think this is the biggest reason why I simply don't even bother sifting through music from the current decade. There is SO MUCH SHIT. Sonic diarrhea is everywhere. Anyone can put up music and even the music that becomes popular is degenerate poprap bullshit or inoffensive elevator tier music.

I don't even like rap but I'd take 90s stuff over the current garbage in a heart beat. It seems like the top 40 is almost entirely made up of club muzac. It's literally the same shit you hear in typical college clubs.

>the most popular songs are pop songs

Attached: 1519134466886.png (586x578, 37K)

There was a time when "popular music" spanned numerous genres. Pop might as well be its own genre now. A genre of woeful ear rape.

Preach

>There was a time when "popular music" spanned numerous genres
Are you retarded? Do these sound like the same genre to you?
youtube.com/watch?v=YnwsMEabmSo
youtube.com/watch?v=S1gp0m4B5p8

I can’t relate to it anymore. I already had my fill of drugs and general distaste of everything and everyone. It’s just not a part of my life anymore.

>NUMEROUS
>electronic bullshit with processed vocals (singing??)
>electronic bullshit with processed vocals (rapping)
They both definitely fall into the genre of woeful ear rape

They might as well be user, they both have about the same emotional depth

Pop has always been it's own genre. If anything it's more diverse now, find me a pop song from the 60s that wasn't some variation of rock

I don't know how people discover modern music. I don't get the appeal of Spotify and have no idea how it works, and there's no radio stations that exclusively play modern stuff.

rock music was on the verge of death in the early 60's until 4 lovely lads from liverpool dropped out of the sky.

The early 60's was dominated by black girl motown groups and boring top 40 novelty songs

This thread is just out of touch negative Nancies and boomers that don't know how to find new music they like anymore so they listen to the same old albums on repeat because they're familiar. Sorry f a m, I like new experiences.

>if it's not sad it's bad
sensitive emo faggot

There's not any more autotune in going bad than is standard with modern production. The other is sample.
>hurr they aren't actually playing the instruments!
boring argument

I'm guessing these are both the same genre as the other two??
youtube.com/watch?v=hLC9ZxtuLxI
youtube.com/watch?v=pTOC_q0NLTk

some of these are good but most of them are nothing special. Especially new Swans. They were decent for a couple albums but it just seems like they don’t have that many ideas for how long they are

>same albums
No you under aged dweeb. I was born in 91. You know what I thought of most popular 90s music? I thought it blew ass and grunge was fronted by a whiny faggot named Cobain. But the funny thing is I'm going back and revisiting grunge albums because even that pedestrian shit is preferable to the absolute ass that is modern music.

Personally, I always had a soft spot for soul and funk and some rock. 70s electronic music is really nice. 80s is a decent decade. 90s revival of funk/soul classified as acid jazz was one of the things I really liked. Anyway, like others have said, previous decades have so many releases all with a a much better production and musicianship that I still find and listen to new stuff from previous decades on the weekly.

yet they sound completely different. if i farted out beethoven's fifth, that's still classical.

you not liking it also does not make it the same genre, believe it or not.

people like you are the reason we are frozen in this hell universe.

Anyone who is critical of the shit music that gets made, anyone who might like something diffrent is called "old".

bitch im in my 20's

To quote moz

"the music that they constantly play, it says nothing to me about my life"

Attached: Morrissey-001.jpg (460x460, 22K)

>wanting emotional depth =/= wanting things to be sad
What a fucking moron

Why so I have to do everything that you do? I don't fucking want to, so fuck off, nigger

based

Just because you can't understand or relate to the emotion of rap doesn't mean it doesn't have depth.
youtube.com/watch?v=hqDinxaPUK4

this dude killed 2 of his best friends a couple months after this song was made and is likely schizophrenic

Just because you're not rolling on x doesn't mean EDM doesn't-nah I'm kidding but I wouldn't say alone is exactly the greatest example of emotional authenticity in the genre. Still it has a childlike optimism that many people related to.

I'm also in my 20s, you insecure faggot. I'm sick of this fucking golden age mentality in music and people giving themselves excuses to not go out and discover music, new and old. Decades are a moronic way of measuring something as diverse and expansive thing as music anyway.

I never said hip hop doesn’t have emotional depth. I SAID THOSE TWO SONGS DONT HAVE EMOTIONAL DEPTH.

so what the fuck was your point then? Do you think every song needs emotional depth to be good?

my point was songs with emotional depth are better than songs that don’t hve emotional depth

If good=lasting then Beethoven and Mozart must be the peak of classical music.

not necessarily, unless you're an emotional fag. Are you always in the mood to feel sad or angry?

There are two main techniques: rhythm, in dance music like Balkan Folk or Jazz, and melody, in songs like chanson de geste or English folk.

this
dibs fedora

...but you take the cake.
you're next level dude.

Me? Nah that’s shits for pussies. But I want my music to make me feel something that’s more than simple shit like sad, angry, excited or happy. I want shit to be complex, hell not even emotionally or sonically complex but something that makes me think, you know?

Because I am not a pretentious neckbeard faggot like you

Before you were saying you wanted emotional depth, now you want complexity? Which is it bro.

If a song is good a song is a good. If it's bad it's bad. I don't understand your stupid point about depth or making you think or whatever. Yeah those can be positive qualities of a song, but not the only ones...

because it fuckin sucks, music died with Nirvana, after that literally everything is shit.

Also why i have to listen crap when i´ve got a century full of masterpieces?

>music died with Nirvana

Attached: 1492137280726.jpg (960x870, 62K)

Why would refuse to listen to new stuff, just because older music is better? New music is still very good, so why limit yourself?

Because everything is Soi now. For me, music died after 1998. I do like Charli XCX though, but mostly sexually.

It has lazy melodies and uninteresting song structure.

No Alabama Shakes?

More like Alabama Snakes

because this man control people opinion and mu are just sucking his dick

all i can picture from this thread is a lot of out of touch listeners

Attached: lan.jpg (1024x763, 261K)

I agree, once you're past thirty you need to fuck officials

Hi there

Attached: daft punk.jpg (191x264, 8K)

Just replying to what the thread asked faggot. Yeah these are all mostly shit. I keep up with new music, I'm not a dumbass. It's just not good, or at least not up to par with old stuff. I'm sorry you are so insecure about your shitty taste.

I listen to new stuff to check it out, I don't enjoy it.

It's not "the longer it survives, the better it is", but rather that music other than classical doesn't last for more than two, maybe three generations, because it relies on novelty instead of content.

How are we defining "modern music" anyways? I feel like this is a thinly veiled "why don't you listen to rap", and the answer is because I find it deeply unpleasant.

>everything about this decade sucks and it's not going to get any better.

beachhouse, deathgrips, vaporwave, dreamwave

youre a fag

>nostalgiacore
Lmao
Death grips is the only original thing to happen to music this decade.

>why do zoomers find old age as insult and disregard some of the best music of all time just cause it wasn't made when they are alive

works both ways nigger

>boring indie shit
>forced meme nigger shit
>meme genres