I was told the first 2 korn albums are good. I agree that the first one is good

I was told the first 2 korn albums are good. I agree that the first one is good.
Life is peachy? There are 3 good songs on the whole album. Chi, Good God, and Swallow. Everything else is dog poop shit

Attached: 600x600bf.png (600x600, 449K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sWKR7uLa77A
youtube.com/watch?v=f9VejccDPBw
youtube.com/watch?v=6a9uYghm61s
youtube.com/watch?v=2s3iGpDqQpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ass itch is terrible. songs about writing lyrics are always terrible

I mean, look at my dubs

I think I've heard them say before Life Is Peachy was kind of rushed when they decided to make it, and it shows, it has more goofy shit and filler than the first one. That being said, it's still good. The charm of A.D.I.D.A.S and the other tongue in cheek pervy tracks, Ice Cube cover, and Lowrider cover will likely be lost on anyone who isn't a 90's kid, which is understandable to a degree. Twist was and still is a banger, No Place To Hide is a classic Korn song to any old school fan, Ass Itch is a good song. Kill You is obviously trying to be "Daddy" part 2 but I'm not a fan of either song.

Personally it's not one of their best to me but still is a decent album, even if it is kind of just like part 2 of their first album with more filler/questionable tracks.

To me the trinity of Korn albums is the first one (best of the raw, dirty Korn), Follow The Leader(Korn when they actually had money behind them and were the hottest band in the land, a perfect time capsule of the time it came out in albeit a bit dated, and them having a little too much fun showing on some songs but still good if you can get into the mentality), and Issues(Similar production but back to a trictly dark vibe without any sense of silliness or blatant immaturity seen on Life Is Peachy or Follow The Leader)

Twist is fun

youtube.com/watch?v=sWKR7uLa77A

>The charm of A.D.I.D.A.S and the other tongue in cheek pervy tracks, Ice Cube cover, and Lowrider cover will likely be lost on anyone who isn't a 90's kid
I feel like this is true for a lot of the nuances of Korn, they pretty much were the sound of a certain time and everything from their fashion to their humor to the sound seems to be hard for people who came before or after to digest, unlike bands who came after them but bridged the gap between what they did and later millennial tastes.

life is peachy is kino you mong.

its freer than self titled, it doesnt have the need to be "heavy", it is whatever it wants, its very experimental and ballsy for a second album.

the fact that korn and primus were big in the 90s shows what a truly amazing age it was. show me a similar disruptive and creative musical act in the very 2010s.

Most people forget that one exists so by first two they mean Follow the Leader

youtube.com/watch?v=f9VejccDPBw
Untouchables had some good songs though

untouchables is the shittiest of the band's original run.

Overall I'd agree but it has some good ones

>Hollow Life
>Blame
>Thoughtless
>Here To Stay
>Alone I Break

Korn: 10/10
Life is Peachy: 7/10
Follow the Leader: 8.5/10
Issues: 7/10
Untouchables: 6.5/10
Take a Look in the Mirror: 6/10
See You On the Other Side: 6/10
Untitled: 5/10
Korn III: 7/10
Path of Totality: 9/10
Paradigm Shift: 6/10
The Serenity in Suffering: 4/10

take a look in the mirror is much better than see you on the other side and untouchables. Heavier, faster, aggressive.

It's been quite a while since I've listened to some of these, but just going from my memory of how much I enjoyed each one...I'll say

Korn 10/10
Life Is Peachy 7/10
Follow The Leader 9/10
Issues 10/10
Untouchables 6/10
Take A Look 7/10
See You 6/10
Untitled 4/10
Korn III 3/10
Path Of Totality 5/10
Paradigm Shift 6/10
Serenity 6/10

For the last two, I do think they are good records, but I haven't honestly given them enough time to sink in with me so I'll simply give them an 6 rating, I think if I listened to them a lot more I'd rank them higher but I just haven't gotten around to it

Peak Korn
youtube.com/watch?v=6a9uYghm61s

Attached: LIVE at the Hammerstein 2002.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Ehhhhhhh, that was when they all hated each other and were strung out on drugs, and it kinda shows in their performance there as well as most from that era

Peak Korn was like '98-2000, top of their game but still full of energy

They had darker image at that period and it's also a time when John got his Giger's mic stand. Shame they didn't go further into a darker territory.

Attached: FLKrY.jpg (710x300, 226K)

The band didnt like the untouchables record, except for jd. TALITM is a superior album anyways

They were aesthetically darker, but I think that was only to compete with their then competition in the nu metal world which had taken a decidedly more "goth" turn, which was of course right up Jon's alley.

But even still, Korn was always plenty dark, I still think Issues is the darkest album they did next to their self titled.
youtube.com/watch?v=2s3iGpDqQpQ
I think this was the darkest Korn music video desu

Both Sepultura and Disturbed ripped off the Korn scat, or tried to

I try to forget Sepultura after 1991

anyone else dig the untitled record? it was this lame but endearing 08-ness that i love and i actually dig a lot of the tracks on that album, seems a bit more melodic than most of their work. plus "killing" is a weird fav

I dunno, it seemed like they were trying to go for too much of an experimental thing for me, wasn't really the Korn sound, but that's just me. All the "headless" albums to me felt like a fish out of water, even now their sound isn't the same with Ray, having a much more "sterile" rock feel rather than the funky thing, but at least with Head they have the heavy riff oriented side back.

Attached: head0081.jpg (363x583, 23K)

But they mastered tribal rock

Korn: 6/10
Life is Peachy: 6.5/10
Follow the Leader: 7.5/10
Issues: 7/10
Untouchables: 3/10
Take a Look in the Mirror: 4/10
See You On the Other Side: 6/10

No one really cares about the rest, Twisted Transistor was the last good song they put out.

The only Korn Album I care about is the untitled one where Terry Bozzio played drums for a handful of tracks.

They're fucking idiots for refusing to pay him as a full contributing member. He brought them a whole new audience and some credibility.