Why haven’t we had the next big musical innovation yet?

Why haven’t we had the next big musical innovation yet?

Attached: 86C0DBBF-8A12-4F0B-9708-34A20266A4F1.gif (507x362, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QvJhLQnuktg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

'Cause it's 2019, basically a useless year, just wait til 2020.

shh I’m looking at my phone

Due to technology involving to the point where we can create any sounds we want, musical inovation is essentially dead forever. We’ve hit a wall and nothing can change that.

*ahem*
pshh you know nothing KID

the future of music wont involve those filthy interfaces you call "ears"

This is why vaporwave, trap, and synthwave was never invented

All have still be around for about a decade now

theres literally nothing good about those genres. theyre spirutually dead.

>Why haven’t we had any big musical innovations recently THAT I LIKE

Seething Hip Hop retard

monkeys with mics are an anthropological curiosity but thats it

t. uncreative white goys

Because nobody wants to practice or rehearse enough to forge a musical vocabulary.

what was the last big musical innovation?

When they discovered you could just take a trap beat and change the drums a little bit to make reggaeton

vaporwave

What's innovative about this?
Innovation is things like recording first stereo sound albums.

what did it innovate?

oh, that sort of innovation. well, none, in a fuckton of years, were currently in a big plateau that never ends, and never will in the nevar future if vinyls keep being a thing.

its post postmodern music

>that doesnt count as innovation

>big plateau that never ends
lel, it's not big and it's too irrelevant to end in a catastrophe

we still use fossil fuel, culture is crystalized.

70's classical is postmodern music.

literally the only sensible person ITT

>to the point where we can create any sounds we want
And everyone wants 12EDO. Real innovation is happening, but it's ignored. Check out Sevish and Brendan Byrnes.

What? What fucking fossil fuels? Popular music industry is a miserable thing that despite its billions is dying in agony. Don't you dare to assume that this little freak show is somehow the pinnacle of art and culture.

Listening to Sevish now, here’s what I’m getting
>everyone else’s notes suck. I have better notes than anyone in history, so that makes my music both novel and good
Of course he’s wrong

that's the ready-made culture for you
bunch of shallow pricks

I couldn't fault the industry people for trying their best to save their careers, but what I cannot even tolerate is artists and promoters still barking up that tree, making the same exact mistakes since pay-to-play shows became a thing. To make it even more insulting, they cop that typical disillusionment that a lot of musicians go through, and use it as an aesthetic.
They're literally all liberal half-asses too, but that might just be circumstantial.

>everyone else’s notes suck
So why does he respect the same rules of consonance and dissonance? The innovation here isn't microtonal tuning, it's using it in a way that doesn't deliberately sound like shit.

>SPOTLIGHT UH MOONLIGHT UH
The final frontier.

Think of it as a fork in the road, where youre taking the other path, which leads to a dead end

Say no more
youtube.com/watch?v=QvJhLQnuktg