At what age did you grow out of genre tourism?

At what age did you grow out of genre tourism?

Attached: 4C346F2E-62A8-483E-B1BF-8D07F7C205B5.jpg (1781x4325, 2.53M)

Recently grew into it
Pretty based

Shut up gay boy

after i toured every genre

only right answer btw

I highly doubt you’ve done this

Stupid concept. Being wedded to one genre and ONLY liking it is so adolescent.

you don't know what genre tourism is

listebing to multiple genres =/= genre tourism

I'll tour or not tour as many genres as I like, and if you don't like that you can lick the caked shit off of my prolapsed anus.

I'm not a genre tourist because I actively avoid listening to a lot of genres.

Attached: 1547762671567.png (1280x809, 493K)

non-tourists are literally bug people

Attached: basedreddit.png (1280x809, 1.19M)

You can tell this was made by a tourist because they think the albums on the left are somehow obscure or inaccessible

What’s a genre tourist exactly?

Someone who only listens to the most surface-level acclaimed albums of many different genres and never develops a self-curated taste of favorites

The rule of thumb is, you need at least THREE genres (preferably as many as possible) you delve deep into and the rest you can be a genre tourist. I’m an unashamed Metal tourist. My favorite meal albums are
Ghost- Meliora
Metallica- MOP/AJFA
Mastodon- The Hunter
Burzum- Filosofem
Electric Wizard- Dopethrone
Black Sabbath- Paranoid

I have no need to delve further, I’m good where I’m at.

This begins to mean nothing though when contrarianism becomes hip, in a place like this, where it has it's own set of "acclaimed" albums. This is how we get posers who say Burzum is the best metal ever but never even heard of Judas Priest.

like 17

>in a place like this, where it has it's own set of "acclaimed" albums
Nearly all the albums in the Yea Forumscore chart we’re critical darlings long before this board was even made.

>This is how we get posers who say Burzum is the best metal ever but never even heard of Judas Priest.
Burzum is a tourist favorite because of the lore surrounding the artist and the connotation of being “more intelligent” than most metal, not because of contrarianism

my favorites are the most acclaimed though. so get fucked

>This is how we get posers who say Burzum is the best metal ever but never even heard of Judas Priest.
If you think this is true you're a retard, everyone has heard Judas Priest. I wouldn't say Burzum is the best metal band(metal subgenres can be too different to make that claim), but it is definitely one of the top black metal bands.

>The rule of thumb is, you need at least THREE genres (preferably as many as possible) you delve deep into
why

Because I say so

what is this garbage?? music is subjective artard