Yeah... this lives up to the hype. Only album worth a damn in 2019, honestly. Disappointing year...

Yeah... this lives up to the hype. Only album worth a damn in 2019, honestly. Disappointing year, but this is a very solid 7.5/10 album.

Attached: 1E7F1D87-289B-4BC8-B7EF-B731F4A3258A.jpg (500x496, 47K)

I... agree!

I'm honestly shocked at how well received a new Les Claypool album is in 2019. I thought he lost his relevance in the late 90's.

Never listened to either of those guys before but this is pretty good. Like a better Tame Impala.

Blood and rockets is really nice. Rest is still very enjoyable.
He's always been pretty consistent. Check of fungi and for from 09.

I'd agree with your rating, I'd give it a 7 but it's far from the only good album or the best to have come out so far this year.

It's good no doubt. It would be really popular here if it didn't have such a shit lame album cover.

I've only heard the single so far but I'm looking forward to listening. Can't help being cautious though after the first single was the only song I liked on the first album.

I like the cover. It reminds me of old cheap sci-fi novels.

Currently my second favourite album of 2019 behind Black Dresses' Thank You.

I'm so happy someone agrees with me.
I hope people won't forget this album when Meme Impala will drop theirs.
I don't get the praise.

I hope Dhani Harrison join in

Thinking of it, this album might be the best thing that came out of all the Beatles' sons.
TheNewno2 were fine, but this is way better.

Yeah I love it.
But the new Motorpsycho tops it for me.

How prog is it from Beatles to King Crimson?

What other albums have you liked this year?

I’m glad I’m not alone, this year has felt very... dull so far. Is that the general consensus? The only albums I’ve really liked are Malibu Ken, BOCC, and Sharon Van Etten. I’ll have to give this a listen, although modern day prog is skeptical to me

>Only album worth a damn in 2019

every time someone says this, in any year, all it ever does it give away how ignorant they are

Pink Floyd

it's hardly prog, more space funk rock if anything.

*Barrett era

Do yourself a favor and listen to the new Die Türen record.

This. It's not even being a nitpicky autist to say you shouldn't say that unless you've listened to literally every album released this year so far. There are almost definitely a lot of albums released this year that are far better than OP's that none of us have heard.

I probably am ignorant. Haven't had as much time as I used to to listen to music. But mostly everything in 2019 has been rather meh for me. Bunch of average records, nothing is really standing out. But I am sure there is great music that I am simply unaware of right now.

Attached: 018AF525-85BA-49D8-9835-96B9D66B6394.jpg (900x873, 206K)

mastering sounds like shit according to redacted forum
not surprised from claypool, his lack of production killing the vibe from every primus stuff I ever heard