/classical/

Italian edition

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #8. Deutsche Grammophon stuff. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy Folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Jewish Folder
mega.nz/#F!lk0lGSTQ!SAIvBwgyVF1EGEMUjranEw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Book Folder #1. Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw
>Book Folder #2. Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Folders No.2 and No.7 have died. Rest in peace. New Jewish music folder added.

Previous edition

Attached: Benito mussolini playing the violin.jpg (620x387, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2sFPW70fO-8
instaud.io/private/1decef2dfc6fe65cbf4b4fedd409930004380657
youtu.be/QwCuFaq2L3U
youtube.com/watch?v=9bW3eIfKIzg
youtube.com/watch?v=40AHlciXt4U
youtube.com/watch?v=phtf6d2CsCI
youtube.com/watch?v=2-Pu8WZrlNA
youtu.be/MnkavKwkpY4
youtu.be/pneVQBYnrsk
youtu.be/Jaqd4PxO7o4
youtube.com/watch?v=yfhQmgN-f7Y
youtu.be/_poFImOvbDs
youtu.be/jIFpf5JxzHA
youtube.com/watch?v=s1w_yELpgNs
youtube.com/watch?v=_k3uKEHqmDE
instaud.io/private/91b65f5282032460c6effd62b012297b68494718
youtube.com/watch?v=uTeKCxwTLdQ
youtu.be/7E-RTI-H2oI
youtube.com/watch?v=NdDNeMIvhIo
youtube.com/watch?v=QZAi-oM1rHc
youtu.be/icNHpzt2JzA
youtube.com/watch?v=zucBfXpCA6s
youtube.com/watch?v=m1ykQ46tWrE
youtube.com/watch?v=X0s5ixg8btI
youtube.com/watch?v=MY-aowxVXfI
youtube.com/watch?v=uoiXvQhWrKY
youtube.com/watch?v=lVIN2_ib4y8
youtube.com/watch?v=zdD_QygwRuY&t=191
youtube.com/watch?v=sFY9mj6m548&t=811
youtube.com/watch?v=KauCLUyMKQo
youtube.com/watch?v=5sIBkhOjnxM
youtu.be/9qqhEaatxlI
youtube.com/watch?v=D4EsO47POQw
youtu.be/9E3reaOoLA0
youtu.be/_tOkYfObA3w
youtu.be/0XOXpWnqXlQ
youtu.be/RCL2CWQaH4A
soundcloud.com/psllbof
youtube.com/watch?v=NGbSnpUDxEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4lBpiU68jfI
youtube.com/watch?v=g_igvN4TCJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=WO8q9tWp3OY
youtube.com/watch?v=1m7x9G7nqoE
youtube.com/watch?v=V8-ZOFCKZXA
youtube.com/watch?v=-WC_mIfe3w8
youtube.com/watch?v=C9e2k030QcY
youtu.be/i6AhHBu_A_U
youtube.com/watch?v=sFY9mj6m548
youtu.be/8Q0G0-9E5SE
youtube.com/watch?v=rh4SMy-ND_k
youtube.com/watch?v=6Wc9WP1fuE4
youtube.com/watch?v=eHdu7meKk00
youtube.com/watch?v=uMBqpBavVLU
youtube.com/watch?v=d8G5azsXJ5E
vocaroo.com/i/s1gWiB5mzX7T
youtube.com/watch?v=YkKWEW6VOcQ&t=2194
youtube.com/watch?v=FxUyENFOuE8
youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
youtu.be/7T34f2gFo58
youtube.com/watch?v=uyefGYw7vfM
youtube.com/watch?v=KUk-NJkl9fc
youtube.com/watch?v=i7lr1cSQi5o
youtube.com/watch?v=Um1OmSQi_P4
youtube.com/watch?v=7BaOuXny66Q
youtube.com/watch?v=YyknBTm_YyM
youtube.com/watch?v=GRxofEmo3HA
youtube.com/watch?v=riQZaPMb6bM
nhentai.net/g/265197/
youtube.com/watch?v=HRsN6RwNBZQ
youtu.be/wawSCvuGj4o
youtu.be/2GBwgNB0XVU
wfmt.com/2015/06/25/15-queer-composers-know/
m.youtube.com/channel/UC9W3U300JG8OEQB7xQB8gNw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=2sFPW70fO-8

instaud.io/private/1decef2dfc6fe65cbf4b4fedd409930004380657

Can someone tell me how this sounds? I added some things melodically because all the rules make these exercises pretty damn boring. Sorry, but I don't have a score because to hell with Sibelius.

Attached: Gogurt.jpg (900x900, 64K)

I’d snort Handel’s wig powder like it’s cocaine

Attached: C8344946-F852-4E9D-ABA2-34590A6C4419.jpg (750x867, 480K)

Garbage

I would eat his wig like it's cotton candy

That's good to hear. So it sounds like your standard 4 part writing exercise then.

Papa Handel sprinkle your wig sweat on me owo

>Music did not feature prominently in the young Berlioz's education. His father gave him basic instruction on the flageolet, and he later took flute and guitar lessons with local teachers. He never studied the piano, and throughout his life played haltingly at best. He later contended that this was an advantage because it "saved me from the tyranny of keyboard habits, so dangerous to thought, and from the lure of conventional harmonies".
Based, keyboard-harmonycucks Seething

Berlioz
youtu.be/QwCuFaq2L3U

Attached: 1550831066686.jpg (888x894, 68K)

This kind of stuff really inspires me to keep pushing forward. Then again, I made that thing up there.

Mozart

youtube.com/watch?v=9bW3eIfKIzg

eh, I'll stick with my Klepmy thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=40AHlciXt4U

youtube.com/watch?v=phtf6d2CsCI

great, now all it needs is some rattling hi-hats and a dope trap drumbeat and it will be perfect!

Attached: 1551688020796.png (894x773, 48K)

Is this the Double beat pill?

Its slower tho. Are you deaf?

Its not exactly good but you have some interesting and unconventional ideas. So keep at it. You'll get there eventually.

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=2-Pu8WZrlNA

Imagine sneaking into his house July 17th, 1717. He takes off his jacket and his wig to reveal his sweaty undershirt. Under Handel’s armpits are enormous pools of sweat. You can’t resist yourself anymore and you sprint up to the changing Handel, lift up his arm and take the largest, longest whiff of his sweaty armpit

Dude what

Seriously, introduce me to the Handel pill. He literally never surprises me from what I've listened from him.

youtu.be/MnkavKwkpY4
youtu.be/pneVQBYnrsk
youtu.be/Jaqd4PxO7o4

Reger

youtube.com/watch?v=yfhQmgN-f7Y

youtu.be/_poFImOvbDs

The point of part-writing exercises isn't to be interesting. The point is to grind the basic skills of harmony writing. You have to know the rules to break them and all that. Having said that, could you post it again without the melody part you added, which is surely the weakest element of the composition?

youtu.be/jIFpf5JxzHA

BORING

youtube.com/watch?v=s1w_yELpgNs

Well the last one is nice. Seems quite harmonically forward-looking. The other two I found pretty conventional.

Debussy is the faggiest name ever. Imagine being called Debussy and being French on top of that. I'd kill myself.

His name wasn't Debussy, it was Claude. People called him Claude.

Debussy? More like Thepussy!

Also a snoozer

Not only boring and predictable but incredibly bombastic. Wasn't Handel in the Firetruck compilation? I think I can see why.

youtube.com/watch?v=_k3uKEHqmDE

A quick google reveals the answer is no, fag.

Attached: 1415750948170.png (1242x2144, 2.28M)

The most interesting thing about this is the sound of the instrument. From what I've heard here, Bach runs circles around Handel.

t. Bach

but rach was genuine and so was his music. i like tchaikovsky but i can see that one

I’m having a hard time recognizing some faces (I rarely look for composers pictures). Could someone tell me who (using battleship notation) D1, C3, A4, D4, A5 and B5 are? D4 looks familiar AF but I can’t link the face to his name.

Okay, I removed that stuff. This is the pure exercise. I still eschewed the rules a couple times and I found a weirder cadential chord that I nevertheless thinks works much better than the simple minor one. Major sounded too naive to go with the tension in the previous bars but minor just didn't flow well either.

instaud.io/private/91b65f5282032460c6effd62b012297b68494718

Attached: 1550805849602.png (614x614, 31K)

D1: Bruckner
C3: Rachmaninoff
A4: Rimsky-Korsakov
D4: Sibelius
B5: Richard Strauss

With C3 I meant the one below Rachmaninov. Thank you anyway. I could have gone crazy with Sibelius, I was completely off-track. Does anybody know who A5 is?

The one below Rach is Glazunov

Thanks dude.

Dose anybody know the bottom left one?

Bedrich Smetana

the maker of this must be really stupid if he included him

Thank you

Amazing acoustics but I still find Naxos version better.

Attached: 28947963080.jpg (900x900, 67K)

Petrenko Version?

Ye, Vasily Petrenko

youtube.com/watch?v=uTeKCxwTLdQ
This is really nice, especially the scherzo-nocturne

post god tier recordings

Attached: Screenshot_6.png (1005x1003, 2.85M)

Attached: 51KRYS7zO1L._SS500.jpg (500x500, 39K)

What have you listened to?

Vivaldi

youtu.be/7E-RTI-H2oI

@33:54 :D

mozart more like moz-art lmao
youtube.com/watch?v=QZAi-oM1rHc

Attached: -subverts your narrative-.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Okay, already this is much better. First I will say that as far as I'm concerned the composition is over by bar 12. You play a plain major chord there and it resolves all the tension, done. But then you go on and at that point everything sort of just completely falls apart. You seem to have like a misconception that because you did the formal boring part by the rules now you can just start stringing nonsense chords together. This is not how music works, dissonance and tension need to be administered carefully and thoughtfully. From bar 12 your first chord is, at best, amorphous, there really is no tonal implication. And then you pull out two more really tense chords. You seem to be going for Wagnerian levels of tension and once again 4 part writing really isn't serviceable for that kind of thing. Your new cadential chord does indeed fit in better with the surroundings but this is only because its a similarly absurd chord.

In some respects the part up to the 12th bar is exceptional, the music has definite motion and that's always a good thing. Its not perfect by any means, but its not creatively destitute either. Overall my advice is, once again, to slow your roll. You're getting way ahead of yourself and you're trying to do things you need to git gud in order to do. Stop thinking of 4 part writing as an opportunity for creative freewheeling, which it really isn't. 4 part writing is the box-drawing of musical composition. Its boring, tedious and completely utilitarian. But you have to do it all the same, its the only way to learn. Also be sure you practice in every key so you're training your ear as well. Also remember to sing each part to see that there is melodic flow. Good luck user.

Schnittke was out of his mind
youtu.be/icNHpzt2JzA

Not Brahms though? Brahms is the most economical and emotionally restrained composer of the late romantic era.

Attached: 1551257422373.jpg (1125x1358, 328K)

youtube.com/watch?v=zucBfXpCA6s

>Valentina Lisista

Attached: 1550198481595.jpg (2048x1152, 145K)

>popular performer bad!

Attached: npc.jpg (636x773, 32K)

>contemporary performer bad!

ftfy

Attached: Deal_With_It.jpg (209x241, 5K)

youtube.com/watch?v=m1ykQ46tWrE

The Firetruck meme was always a pretty retarded meme.

It essentially boiled down to "romantic-era composers i don't like"

its more like "romantic era composers i don't like, which is all of them by virtue of the fact I've spuriously proved Schubert is not a romantic composer by screen-capping a page written by some random nobody."

This is really great feedback. Thank you fren.

Attached: d13.png (1414x680, 241K)

>pilling a newbie with harpsichord suites...

yeah... you don't start Beethoven with the late quartets, do you? Better way to start Händel is with vocal works

Say what you will about Hans, he really has brought this board together. Every time he leaves (or at least goes incognito) activity plummets. He's the hero we need but not the one we deserve.

Attached: [Prepares a long paragraph containing no coherent thoughts].jpg (108x125, 2K)

Best Bach fugue in the WTC?

youtube.com/watch?v=X0s5ixg8btI

What the fuck are you talking about? That music was in fact, very predictable and thus very accessible. As I said, only the prelude of the last one really has something interesting going on.

I never really go on this board but I just want to share how this past year every time I come back home from uni, I've been listening to Chopin's Ballade No. 1, and it has been a song that I have never gotten sick of, even after listening to it on repeat every single day.
Just want to give my appreciation to Chopin and classical artists in general because its because of this song that I've explored more works in this genre and truly appreciated how powerful and infinite this how truly classical music is.

Attached: piano.jpg (453x340, 38K)

>board

Fuck me "general". Speaking of the board, why did we stop the guerilla shitposting campaign to shit on everyone who doesn't primarily listen to classical?

fucked up my grammar there at the end there but yeah thanks for listening to my blogpost :)

can someone post all the names instead?

>I never really go on this board
>blogposting
>Chopin
>Chopin's Ballade No. 1
>song
>appreciating one Chopin piece equates to appreciating classical as a whole
>song
>powerful and infinite *tips fedora*

Attached: 1551226684545.jpg (1746x2444, 803K)

Tension and release is one of the prime things to think about with chord progressions, you usually want a mixture of major and minor chords, and 7th chords that will interact with each other to form peaks and troughs of tension and release.

This refrain from Bach is a good example, he has 5 or 6 beautiful chords in a row - a section of 'release' (not necessarily all major btw), then he has 5 or 6 'tense' chords in a row - minor chords and some 7ths for less stability.
youtube.com/watch?v=MY-aowxVXfI

The other thing you want to think about with chord progressions is Voice leading - each note in a chord should ideally move to a logical next note in the next chord. If you have a 4 part chord progression, then you essentially have 4 melodies - these melodies should move logically, ideally by step (especially in the inner parts) the smoother the movement of the voices, the nicer the chord progression will sound, as our ears can easily track which notes are moving to which other notes.

The smoothest possible movement is for a note to not move at all - it stays the same in both chords.

Smooth voice leading is super desirable in common practice writing, and even moreso in most early music. The Bach chorales above have super smooth voice leading, the melodies especially of the inner parts moving stepwise to give that delicious sliding feeling of each chord perfectly blending into the next. Pic related is the score

Attached: Bach Choro.png (716x985, 145K)

well that's a partial lie, I've also listened to Rochminoff, Debussy, and Liszt a lot. Going home takes around 30 minutes so I usually am able to listen to quite a few more than just Chopin's ballade.
Anyways I'm done posting here, I'll come back in a few years.

Attached: smooko.png (1033x1500, 630K)

In order of appearance:Tchaikovsky, Mahler, Brahms, Bruckner, Wagner, Dvorak, Rachmaninoff, Shostakovich, Prokofiev, Liszt, Glazunov, Puccini, Rimsky-Korsakov, Rossini, Saint Saens, Sibelius, Smetana, R. Strauss, Vaughan-Williams, Verdi.

Where is Berlioz? If I were making a list of bombastic romantic composers, he'd be the first to spring to mind. Especially before Brahms, Dvorak, Glazunov, Smetana, Prokofiev, Rimsky Korsakov and Sibelius.

This should get you in the zone:
youtube.com/watch?v=uoiXvQhWrKY

I'd rather have high-quality, music posting at a slow rate, than the fast-paced "literally nothing is being said" interactions with hans / grug

I was thinking about voice leading though. I don't think I explicitly eschewed favoring step-wise motion at any point of the composition.

Having Brahms on a list of bombastic music just really doesn't make sense. He's like the opposite of bombast. Likewise Vaughan-Williams, Saint Saens and Sibelius.

Danse Macabre tho. Its practically Symphony Fantastique Movement 4, The Redux.

youtube.com/watch?v=lVIN2_ib4y8

I'm not talking about the complexity but about the genre. Late quartets was a bad comparison. Minimalistic music appeals in general to someone who is already familiar with the style of a composer and you get to know that style in case of Händel more likely via the vocal works, in case of Beethoven via the symphonies

Bank für Handel und Industrie

Gulda playing Bach sucks. Even more does Richter, though

youtube.com/watch?v=zdD_QygwRuY&t=191

compare it with Evelyne Crochet, the best next to Gould imho

youtube.com/watch?v=sFY9mj6m548&t=811

give that guy a break already. He did most of the things you're bragging about quite fine

youtube.com/watch?v=KauCLUyMKQo

>Gould
>best
opinion discarded

I certainly enjoyed his fugues more than than bombastic orchestral stuff.

No, I think this is completely fair. I totally forgot about the importance of singing the parts and when I tried this only the top voice had a convincing melody to it. I didn't post my exercise to show off or anything, I posted it because I had this vague sense it was shitty and couldn't figure out why. Now I realize its because of the absence of singability. In fact, I probably wont have to post another one of these for some time with this trick in mind.

Kpop seventh chords

I'll show you the life of the mind, fren!

Attached: ap.jpg (279x181, 8K)

>movement is shorter than 3 minutes

Attached: 1516003050252.png (250x202, 8K)

I find this awkward only when the other movements are much longer, otherwise is fine

How is it fine? Like fuck, if you can't even fill out 3 minutes are you even saying anything worth saying? Probably not.

Attached: anton-webern-3.jpg (900x750, 76K)

Actually I just wanted to be sure all my beloved pieces qualified. Even the Diabelli fugue is barely under the 3 minute mark, so practically there.

youtube.com/watch?v=5sIBkhOjnxM

youtu.be/9qqhEaatxlI

okay, that isn't providing a very good argument. It sounds like he wrote an introduction to a piece he couldn't be assed to finish.

a lot of movements in this are shorter than 3 minutes. I think they all have merit.

youtube.com/watch?v=D4EsO47POQw

Even poly's movements aren't that short

Or, you know, maybe he did it on purpose

Yeah, he made an overmuch truncated piece of music on purpose. That wasn't being debated.

Why is Spain like the only meme country without meme composers? I don't think Spanish composers are bad or anything, on the contrary. I just wonder why none of them are household names like Beethoven, Liszt, Debussy, Mozart, Stravinsky, Holst etc...

Medtner
youtu.be/9E3reaOoLA0

La Fuga viene en 15:35

Attached: 1546663194015.png (1000x928, 165K)

Renaissance Spain was pretty legit: Morales, Victoria.

In the guitar repertoire, composers like Rodrigo and Tarrega are household names.

Then there is Albeniz

>Chopin wrote wrote a set of 24 short pieces just because he was lazy

And de Falla

Comment from our guy

Attached: IMG_20190306_020822.png (480x192, 17K)

As a big fan of romantic fugues, this shit slaps.

Attached: 1524437229953.png (850x659, 62K)

If you go to a man-on-the-street interview with the first 30 people you run into, I guarantee you none of them will have any familiarity with those names. Well at least not unless you're in Spain.

do not "to"

I agree with you, I just added de Falla out of completeness

No, I said it sounded like he was too lazy to continue writing the piece. Where regards what his actual motivations were, I simply chock that up to neurotic insanity.

Attached: 1371547586704.jpg (402x402, 42K)

>the first 30 people you run into

More like first 3000

Reger
youtu.be/_tOkYfObA3w

La Fuga viene en 26:07

Attached: 1548910797052.png (1004x1550, 909K)

In a way, you could consider Chopin preludes as an introduction to non-existing fugues, since they are clearly a tribute to Bach’s WTC.

none of you motherfuckers even know what a fugue is

youtu.be/0XOXpWnqXlQ
Fugue at 3:45

it's when I'm fugueing your mom

Zelenka
youtu.be/RCL2CWQaH4A

La Fuga viene en 28:43
Hay mas Fugas en esta Misa creo pero esta es la mas memorable

Attached: 1550539789910.png (600x600, 500K)

based

The first 30 people on the street probably wouldn't know Bach either. They'd know Mozart, some might know Beethoven. That's about it unless you stumble across an actual classical musician / enthusiast.

Most of us do. Some of us can even write them:
soundcloud.com/psllbof

Nice, delicious Chromaticism

Attached: 1550635546563.jpg (10x10, 682)

who here /guitar/?

youtube.com/watch?v=NGbSnpUDxEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4lBpiU68jfI
youtube.com/watch?v=g_igvN4TCJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=WO8q9tWp3OY
youtube.com/watch?v=1m7x9G7nqoE

I didn't know guitars could post on image boards.

nice dupples

>song
>chopin

I'm planning something big.

How important is Debussy, in your opinion?

About 7/10 to understand his influence in early XX classical

the only pre-stravinsky composer that was equally smart

Very

8/10
He was surely an important composer but his style was so distinctive that nobody even tried to follow his lead

Probably had the most influence on the early 20th century overall, even influenced people who hated him.

bump

also szymanowski is underrated

Is ravel spanish? I think he is pretty norm.

>Is ravel spanish?

Attached: 1531823244004.jpg (641x530, 44K)

Let me do a thesis on the lives of every nigga I listen.

Onions on Ligeti?

>Onions on Ligeti?
I don’t think that’s a good idea?

Attached: C16EA1D1-6C1F-4736-9C26-08F0F00618D8.jpg (1024x1536, 342K)

Jokes aside, very important and influential, and personally I really like his music.

Music for nihilist cretins.

Did nothing wrong. One of the good guys of post-WW2 music.

There is nothing nihilistic about Ligeti, you buzzword spouting moron.

*listens to Wagner once*
youtube.com/watch?v=V8-ZOFCKZXA

t. nihilist cretin

>dissing on Gould's Bach interpretation
idiot detected

Mozart

youtube.com/watch?v=-WC_mIfe3w8

He is very good but his style is too idiosyncratic for him to be considered the best imho

Scarlatti

youtube.com/watch?v=C9e2k030QcY

Prokofiev
youtu.be/i6AhHBu_A_U

his requiem once made me all anxious and sweaty so i had to turn it off

Based anxiety inducing Ligeti

who's the best then?

nonsense, probably 10 would have heard of Bach and at least 1 would have heard of Debussy or Ravel.

What does Poly's soundcloud have to do with that?

Attached: doritoface.jpg (600x600, 11K)

The harpsichord Richter.

>mfw he was a plant for the pharmaceutical industry

I would say Angela Hewitt

Attached: F4045846-B033-4D47-9982-84F20BF6B27A.jpg (750x528, 189K)

Backhaus

Bach is fucking awesome

Since Let begins today I'm listening to his Passions while working.
I think I've heard Mache dich mein Herze rein 7 or 8 times in a row. What a beautiful aria.

I meant lent.

we are talking about Bach fugues, right? Backhaus, Gieseking and Gilels are the best for Beethoven but never ever for Bach. Richter's Bach sucks. I never listened to Angela Hewitt, though.

I like Crochet a lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=sFY9mj6m548

I find really fascinating how at the beginning of “Ach Golgotha” he uses a dominant pedal to mimic oriental scales.

Hewitt imo really gets the intimist side of Bach while at the same time retaining a clean and sober style, I find her to be the perfect pianist for him. Another really good one is Tatiana Nikolayeva. I’m listening to Crochet and so far I’m really digging her interpretation. For Beethoven my absolute favorite is Ashkenazy.

Do you know why he decided to do that in that particular moment?

>never surprises me
Why is that bad?

Because the artist should be able to subvert the listeners expectations. That's literally what they do. Say what you will about Beethoven's fugues but at least I can say I never have the slightest inkling where they are about to end up.

What a nice piece indeed. The harmony at the beginning sounds unusually deceptive for Bach.

what /classical/ think of christian badea,
a conductor, is there any good recordings of him?

Bach never managed to compose anything of even relative worth. Rather than exploring new styles he preferred to jack off alone to the outdated style of ages past, in a manner very similar to modern "wrong generationers."
His most famous keyboard work, the Goldberg Variations, was originally written to put an aristocrat to sleep. And, bearing in mind that it consists of 30 variations on not only the same theme but also the same fucking harmonic sequence, it has the very same effect on modern audiences.
The Well-Tempered Clavier is garbage and taught Mozart and Beethoven bad habits that forever stunted their expertise in composition.
The Brandenburg Concertos, Violin Concertos, Orchestral Suites, Mass in B minor, Passions, and Musical Offering are plebeian trash written with mass appeal in mind.
The Art of Fugue is utter dreck and the worst "meme classical" ever written. It's a load of worthless pedantic wankery which literally serves no purpose other than to demonstrate counterpoint. It's hilariously samey and repetitive, which makes sense since it inverts the same fucking melodies to create new counterpoints and does this over and over and over.

Maybe to convey a sense of dread and stasis, considering that the piece is set to the crucifixion of Jesus.

Kech

user, we are still 26 days away from April Fool's.

Of course, let's wank over a mat with the musical notes drawn over it and compose according where the semen falls, that's gonna be totally unexpected.

This sounds like something Cage would have done.

>Subverting expectations = aleatory music

Nice strawman, Beethoven underrater

Attached: 1551145176150.jpg (400x400, 24K)

Hewitt is boring

being that butthurt to be too dumb to get into counterpoint

>renaissance spain
>no Murcia
also, not renaissance but
>no Sarasate

>Murica
>having music tradition before the 19th century
>Having ANY relevant music at all

Glass

youtu.be/8Q0G0-9E5SE

Ass

Attached: 1551575370031.png (514x676, 465K)

Does anybody know of any great labels for contemporary classical releases (works of the last 30 years or so)?

Keyboard players really do love to hate on Berlioz.

>Because the artist should be able to subvert the listeners expectations
Not necessarily, there's much more to art than that.
>That's literally what they do
No?

What opera has the best libretto?

If I like Chopin and have listened to his material fairly thoroughly who are some others to explore from there?

Unironically, the Magic Flute.

Fuck off Goethe.

kairos
col legno
neos
nmc recordings
ECM New Series
Boulez did a lot of his own music for yellow piss (DG)

Thank you so much! I had not heard of the first four at all.

Bruhns

youtube.com/watch?v=rh4SMy-ND_k

Wagner

Also there's Ondine that has Finnish contemporary composers, but it's not exclusive to contemporary composers. I just checked where Andreyev released his latest work, and it's with kairos.

Otello. The libretto is so good, Verdi came back from retirement and decided to compose again.

That doesn't count because it's just a worse version of Shakespeare

Pfitzner
youtube.com/watch?v=6Wc9WP1fuE4

why do you post this abomination of audio quality?

it's not about the audio, but about watching Hans conducting

Vivaldi
youtube.com/watch?v=eHdu7meKk00

next /classical/ should be modern art music again, I saw one but that was like half a year ago or something

**Grosse Fuges your path**

Attached: 8121254436_790b83aa48_b.jpg (819x1024, 399K)

Verdi

youtube.com/watch?v=uMBqpBavVLU

>When I see someone downloaded the first version of my part writing exercise

Thank you, whoever (assuming you didn't do it just to troll me)

Attached: 1543781619061.png (657x527, 27K)

>accuses someone of strawmanning
>makes a strawman himself

Gould is awful. He hasn't studied harpsichord technique and makes a lot of retarded decisions.

He also doesn't recognize the importance of chorale melodies when they appear

Handel

youtube.com/watch?v=d8G5azsXJ5E

Schiff

Attached: WTC Schiff 2011.jpg (1330x1198, 209K)

Fuck off poly

Naxos

The last thread was about jews so I guess it counts

I used Beethoven as an example of subverting expectations in fugue (a form Handel is known for). He came back at me with some ridiculous crap about using jizz splatters as a composition method. Ergo he is associating Beethoven's fugue writing with this ridiculous characterization.

Attached: 1546746591288.jpg (500x345, 92K)

(((stein)))
(((berg)))
(((gold)))
Every fucking time

dumb fuck, Santiago de Murcia the composer musician of Spanish Renaissance not "murica" holy shit, did you think I did a typo?

guess the piece
vocaroo.com/i/s1gWiB5mzX7T

No, I just purposefully ignored it because I wanted to come clean about the confusion I experienced when reading your post. Basically I was pretending to be retarded but I also was retarded.

Attached: 1551823235989.jpg (960x912, 173K)

>vocaroo.com/i/s1gWiB5mzX7T

pretty sure its Schubert.

Attached: 1550196490027.png (735x668, 29K)

One of the late Beethoven String Quartets

correct, no 14, last movement, I think I got the file from this video
last movement begins at 32:38

Whats some good violin scale exercises for intermediate players? I'm seeing the heifetz masterclass with erick friedman playing some scales. What system has these scales if any?
youtube.com/watch?v=YkKWEW6VOcQ&t=2194

I remembered it from a fragment of the film "Copying Beethoven"

Iam the only one that notices that there is a new jewish folder in OP's list?

the CHAD Heifetz vs the VIRGIN Ferras

It's actually written down in OP's post

Reza Touserkani

Martins

Hope that was a joke user

Why? It could easily be Schubert. It could easily be Mendelssohn too.

If you don't recognize the last movement of Beethoven's 14th quartet you really fit the frog you posted is all I'll say

Attached: Screenshot_20190307-012405.jpg (759x609, 59K)

What a dick. I can't remember every fucking movement of every piece of music that I listen to. Never mind just some random excerpt.

Forqueray
youtube.com/watch?v=FxUyENFOuE8

Unironically agree
Music is about feeling. For Bach music was about G*d, and never more than that

>a random excerpt
>the second best movement for string quartet motherfucking Beethoven ever wrote
lmao

I'm sorry but its MAYBE the second best movement of the piece. The fugue is the best movement, any other answer is brainlet-tier.

Does /classical/ know any cases of incestuous relationships between composers and their sisters?

youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Mendelssohn and his sister was pretty close but I don't think they fucked

Same goes with Mozart and his sister when they were young

>doesn't even know one of the most memorable Beethoven Movements of the work Beethoven considered his best
Whoa so this is the power of Schoenbergfags, you guys dont even know the classics
Embarrassing

Forgot my frog

Attached: 1547416334028.png (571x529, 131K)

Beethoven
youtu.be/7T34f2gFo58

SQ from the middle period that sounds like it could be from the late period

Attached: 1545430289726.png (225x225, 77K)

you never combine anti-schoenberg posting with frogposting. They are incompatible.

Attached: SchoenSheriff.png (604x632, 482K)

I like Schoenberg, but like I said before he is a pleb-magnet and a pleb-filter at the same time

Hindemith

youtube.com/watch?v=uyefGYw7vfM

Well, I am no pleb. Just because I couldn't identify a 13 FUCKING SECOND excerpt of a piece I probably haven't listened to in over a year doesn't make me a pleb. Sorry. Actually its probably less plebby that I guessed the only two other composers who would have written something like that.

Attached: 1550183828630.jpg (480x712, 33K)

why do people still listen to recordings from over 20 years ago when the recording quality is so much better now?

because interpretation these days is midi-tier. I like midi, too, in fact sometimes I prefer to hear a piece in midi because it kind of helps to present the score in more pure mathematical terms. A particularly like midi Bach. But its unacceptable that contemporary players are so robotic and think that good playing is never playing a wrong note while playing at faster and faster speeds.

youtube.com/watch?v=KUk-NJkl9fc

based

various reasons. maybe there are just no recordings of newer age or the older interpretation is more appealing. A lot of great conductors don't live anymore so you have no choice.
Besides that, productions differ in quality regardless of the time they took place. A production could have been very costly in the 80s and very poor in the 2000s even if the technic is better.
I actually don't understand how this is even a question.

>midi tier
not sure if I understand what you are talking about. Do you mean music is played back via midi? I never heard of people who consume classical music that way and I doubt that it sounds in any way appealing

I was recently recommended to listen to furtwangler's recording and I tried listening to it and closed it after a few minutes. It really pisses me off that somebody thought I would listen to a hissy piece of shit recording from 100 years ago and enjoy it.

Classical, I don't know how this has happened but it seems I've been permanently outed on this board. So do your good buddy Hill a favor and bump my /prod/ thread so the idiots in that general stop banging their heads against a wall.

Attached: d29.jpg (600x449, 26K)

No, you idiot. I mean that the interpretation is so stiff and mechanistic that it might as well just be midi. You wont hear Horowitz's ping-pong balls from today's interpreters. Its not even just an asian thing (actually Uchida is pretty good).

youtube.com/watch?v=Um1OmSQi_P4

Kekel, just give up on /prod/ dude its not worth it
Do you really want to post there with shitty trap beat makers?

Yes. I'm trying to help people not make the same mistakes that I made. for about 10 years I didn't even realize I was spurning theory and ear training. I bought the postmodern relativity pill hard and having experienced a typical upper-middle class upbringing, I had so much smoke blown up my ass as a child, naturally a lot of it made its way to my brain. So for about 10 years, from the time I was 12, I was fucking around in Garage Band (Yes on a fucking mac!) just making shit after shit and thinking that I would improve by doing the same thing over and over because I was "finding my voice". That's basically most people in /prod/

Massive pleb detected.

Actually its worse for /prod/ because they labor under the delusion that sound design will make their music interesting.

You're just as pathetic as the rest of them. Obviously you just want to lord your superior composition skills over there. But by /classical/ standards your music is still shit.

>literally just found a drumbreak that repeats on the 7th beat

Who the fuck is this for? I fucked up the entire rhythm of part of my song just to make it fit before I realized what was going on.

Attached: 1546534454026.png (895x955, 591K)

Fuck, now I've got my wires crossed.

Sorry if 12-tone beat is a scary word user, I've wanted to make them since I was 23. While its true that I would eventually like to move up to serious composition, I feel like I am being realistic about the kind and quality of music I can produce at this stage and, most importantly, I am having fun.

Recommend me some dark stuff to listen to

youtube.com/watch?v=7BaOuXny66Q

>hasn't listened to Beethoven's 14th SQ in over an year
Plebus Maximus

spoopy
youtube.com/watch?v=YyknBTm_YyM

3 signs of an absolute pleb in a single post

Please don't recommend videos with 50 million views on this general especially not Saint S*ens thank you

how about vids with almost 200 mil vioews?
youtube.com/watch?v=GRxofEmo3HA

Vivaldi is underrated so it's alright

see

youtube.com/watch?v=riQZaPMb6bM

>bam

so generic..
c'est tres fuex

Listening to Bach violin partitas meanwhile masturbating to this
nhentai.net/g/265197/

Petzold

lol

Tchaikovsky
youtube.com/watch?v=HRsN6RwNBZQ

youtu.be/wawSCvuGj4o
youtu.be/icNHpzt2JzA
youtu.be/2GBwgNB0XVU

Wagner sucks cock.

He does indeed.

No

Next thread about gay composers:
wfmt.com/2015/06/25/15-queer-composers-know/

YOU suck my cock

This is the gayest thing I've ever read

Nope, not the whole quartet. Just the last movement! :^0

New Atkinson video online

>he listens fragments
Even more pleb

Why don't any of you guys start a youtube channel properly analyzing music and explaining like what makes the Baroque masters so great since we're in such a lack of good music youtube content?
>inb4 rick beato or any of that other trash

I have a youtube channel in which I analyze music but without voice

Well what's it called

ironic that you post this two posts after this

Yeah that's what brought that topic up in my head

m.youtube.com/channel/UC9W3U300JG8OEQB7xQB8gNw

New thread

>defending Wagner's C Major symphony
come on my amigo you know it sucks

I never do it with a piece I've not heard. In fact, I sit there and focus completely on the music. But if I've heard the piece, I know which movements I want to listen to (and it can even become background music). I don't see why I should feel obligated to listen to all the movements in a piece just because I had a particular melody in mind and wanted to hear it. That can become a commitment of up to an hour. With the 14th Quartet I'm usually just listening to the fugue.

Schumann considered it a prerry good symphony and Clara urged him to write one as a reply

Based Clara mommy

Let's put an end to this once and for all. THE definitive ranking of Beethoven's symphonies:

>6th
>3rd
>7th
>5th
>9th
>8th
>2nd
>4th
>1st

Attached: lvb.jpg (235x300, 8K)

Pretty based ranking.

What's the order

would put 9th and 8th higher, but ranking these types of things is retarded

Beethoven is a humanist cock sucker
Where are the based egoist composers?

Descending, so 6th is highest and 1st is lowest

9th has its moments but it's nowhere near as complete a package as any of the symphonies ranked higher. There's no cohesion between the movements.The finale has ok development and it goes on too long after An die Freude turning into some kind of baroque mass.

Based pastoralfag

I guess but what other symphonies except for the 6th (and sort of the 5th with the fate motif) have cohesion between the movements if the 9th doesn't? And I personally don't find the 4th movement bad until after the march. But even if the 4th movement feels like a bunch of fragments separated by fermatas, the first three movements are exquisite in my opinion.

I interpret many of the other symphonies as a story in themselves. The 9th doesn't really have that emotion to it. For instance:

3rd
>Strong proud 1st movement indicating youth and hubris
>very lamentatious second movement after a loss
>realizing futility of pride, seen in the trio
>reformed as a new hero but more mature

Try ascribing such a story to the 9th. Even the 7th has a similar structure to the 3rd, very exquisite use of movements and forms to convey a larger story.

And yes, movements 2 and 3 of the 9th are really outstanding. The first and fourth are less perfect.

The 3rd is pretty cohesive imo.

I think the main problem with the 9th isn’t the coesion between movements but the cohesion within the finale.

>writting stories for works of pure music
Spotted the boomer

>The first and fourth are less perfect

i understand why you don't like the 4th movement, but what don't you like about the first?