How do you think it feels to be a one hit wonder? Are they self aware?

How do you think it feels to be a one hit wonder? Are they self aware?

Attached: Screenshot_20190305-132705_Spotify.jpg (1080x1479, 362K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4
youtu.be/A-LNT1r6GRA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>vanilla ice was a one hit wo-
youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4

>calls himself Vanilla Ice
more self-aware than yourself, retard

reminder that he perfected this song in 1998
youtu.be/A-LNT1r6GRA

I am a one hit wonder. I won’t say what song, but yea my band is decently self-aware. I’ll never stop making music. Even though my band is known as the “insert song title” band.

At the end of the day I can’t help but be thankful for what I’ve got because of that success. My band went from shitty clubs/bars for like 10 people that didn’t even want us there to actual good venues with 200+ people.

james blunt comes across on twitter as very self aware with a healthy sense of irony about his career

sounds like a shameless ripoff of bring the noise desu

That's a good attitude to have. It's not often artists have a long lasting career

Every time Take Me Out comes on the radio I feel for them. Nobody can name another one of their songs, all I hear is "woaah I remember this song!". I don't even like the song that much and I'm sure they hate it much more.

Attached: cover-ff.jpg (500x500, 35K)

fuck em shit band

what decade did you have your one hit in?

They had quite a few hits. The Dark Of The Matinee, Michael and Do You Wanna? were all pretty big for a while.

I thought about this for a while; if I were to hit a one hit wonder, I'd try to get enough money out of it to build my own studio and buy an apartment so I could make music for the rest of my life without worrying about it too much.
Honestly I think there's much, much more one hit wonders in the last ten years - it's become the standard really.

I believe George Thorogood does houseparties for less than 10k, being a one hit wonder is a true test of character I guess

This current one

Are you Rebecca Black?

Attached: 1318535980168.png (435x419, 240K)

I remember Benny Benassi was coming to my town when I was like 15, so I decided to download a "best of Benny Benassi" album and listen to it in preperation. more than half of the album was either a remix of Satisfaction or a "Satisfaction mix" of some other track. I was really drunk but I swear like half of his set was Satisfaction in one form or another.
so I'd at least say Benassi is very self aware and fully embraces his one hit wonder status.
I drink alone is Thorogoods best song

No, I’m in a band. And a dude.

Portugal the man?

I think I know who you are. Are you Canadian?

No, but my band played a few festivals with them in like 2012/2013.
Nope, American.

pumped up kicks man?

Walk The Moon, Bastille,American Authors ?

You got me, WTM.
Nice one dude.

Your song is trash. Glad you're on terms with the situation tho!

>Walk The Moon
If that's true, you got one of the worst music videos I have ever seen. As long as you're happy, it's cool tho - I'd be fine with playing garbage music if it meant a steady paycheck so I could do my own shit.

Your song still gets massive play on my local alternative station btw, still a catchy track. BTW was that video for Tiger Teeth shot around Nakano ward? It all looks v v familiar.

Rick Astley is that you

Lol, which video?

What song? Shut Up and Dance?

>How do you think it feels to be a one hit wonder?
Fantastic. Sounds like validation to me.

if true
make more songs like tightrope and stop becoming a discount copy of Maroon 5

Still doing better than me.
If it makes you feel better, I'm going to listen to what if for awhile and give it a chance

So far so good

The one for shut up and dance with me
Even it's meant ironically it's incredibly cringey
Is it still fun to play that song or does it make you want to kill yourself every time you have to get into it?

Yep, others got a lot of play on Alt Radio but that one blew up on the main deal.
Nice, thanks. The main city shots were filmed there and all around Tokyo, and the more out in the open parts were filmed in Kamakura. It was my first time in Japan, hopefully I’ll go again someday.
Oof, if you think our recent stuff sounds like Maroon 5 listen to Shiver Shiver from the first album.

>The main city shots were filmed there and all around Tokyo

There was a spiral staircase in one of the shots I recognized. Got shittered one night and had to sit and recover on it for a few minutes, eat some Onigiri. Neat. I certainly would love to return to Japan too. Next year fingers crossed.

That’s fair, it’s meant to be very nerdy and kinda cringy. Just a dumb/fun video. I do still love playing it live mostly to hear how much it’s changed since it came out, and the crowds always go from like a 7/10 to an 11 for it.

It probably helps that I somehow still like the song a little bit. Seany (Drummer) looks like he’s ready to end it all every time we play it.

You know what, I will say it actually sounds like a much better song in the live videos - like an actual band playing instead of a track produced in a DAW. But yeah, the drummer looked fucking done with it lmao
What's your own favorite song by you guys?

Attached: 1497483314811.jpg (640x640, 30K)

Do you have some proof that you are actually in Walk the Moon?