Explain to me why this band isn't considered glam/hair metal

Explain to me why this band isn't considered glam/hair metal.

Attached: iron_maiden_band_by_danwind_dchwnkf-fullview.jpg (1024x693, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pa3yrmFQjM4
youtu.be/kiLZwrN_itE
youtu.be/aTssADN_7n0
youtube.com/watch?v=ypknY6nIDe0
youtube.com/watch?v=kazIPsfuha4
youtube.com/watch?v=67JcYZb8VG4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>spoonfeed me
Nope, you should know better newfag

>band has a mascot
cringe

they're gayer

They have no influence from glam rock in their music, so they're not glam metal, jackass.

Attached: twisted-sister.jpg (970x550, 146K)

They all have 80s hair, wear brightly colored spandex, and they're extremely poppy and not heavy at all. Not even by 80s standards. Their songs have big, catchy, poppy, stadium rock choruses.
youtu.be/pa3yrmFQjM4
youtu.be/kiLZwrN_itE
youtu.be/aTssADN_7n0

Attached: iron-maiden-1988-billboard-1548.jpg (1548x1024, 1.48M)

Hair metal was a mostly American thing. Maiden was NWOBHM.

It's proto hair metal, in transition from typical 70s heavy metal to 80s glam metal, influencing thrash along the way.

Oh boy, this thread is gonna piss off some metalheads. Here we go lmao

the worst thing about metal autists is all the semantics arguments

Priest > Maiden

Attached: Priest_main_750-750x500.jpg (750x500, 81K)

You don't know anything about metal.

Is this bait?

This is correct

This is incorrect, and spoken by a true poser.

The glam metal bands were so because they combined an influence from the guitar sound of the metal of their day with the sound and swagger of GLAM ROCK or glitter rock, aka New York Dolls. Slade, The Sweet, etc, bands that had nothing to do with metal but influenced future 80's bands in the 70's just the same, who would become "glam metal".

Iron Maiden is NWOBHM, which predates glam metal, and was from an entirely different continent. NWOBHM was the bands influenced by Zeppelin, Sabbath, and Deep Purple who sped up the tempo and wore more crazy outfits to combat punk rock which had then taken over in the UK.

Attached: Motley-Oui-Layout.jpg (640x444, 153K)

I lump them into an earlier metal era along the likes of Van Halen, Judas Priest, Def Leppard, etc. It's all relatively similar though.

Their clothes doesn't change the music genre itself. It's heavy metal.

They're British, GLAM is Gay Los Angeles Metal

long hair and tight clothes isn't glam, that's been the rockstar standard since the 70s

This is how all millennials look now.

Band has THE mascot

Attached: maidencollage2.png (750x448, 813K)

because of their horror mascot gimmick.
just like Ghost isn't considered generic pop rock because of their satanist gimmick

This so much. And Dio too. Even actual, actual faggot Rob is manlier than all maiden sissies

HELP
I came across a video with a whole music album on YouTube some months ago, but I didn't give it much notice until a friend of mine noticed having seen it as well. I don't remember the genre of music, however it was in some ex-Soviet language (most likely Russian desu) and featured as an album cover this vintage photo of a hotel in Slovakia from the 70s (attached). This is all I have to go on, please help me find this fucking thing I've been banging my head on my desk for days.

Attached: 28ea2c9e0260053d9c8f62cb552f09db.jpg (564x694, 70K)

Dio was a manlet that needed to stand on his monitors just to be see by the audience.

>I don't remember the genre of music
???

scroll through the videos on Harakiri Diat (a youtube channel)

No make-up and minimal if any hair spray.

Iron Maiden is heavy metal, just like Judas Priest and Accept.

youtube.com/watch?v=ypknY6nIDe0 youtube.com/watch?v=kazIPsfuha4 one of these

Because they're clearly not? Have you even listened to them? They're clearly straight up NWOBHM and their recent work is bordering prog metal.

There is literally nothing wrong with being a manlet

They really don't sound that different from bands like Twisted Sister

>clearly not listening

Literally the dumbest thing i've read all day.

this is unironically kind of good, thanks user

Hair metal copied their aesthetic from Iron Maiden, not the other way around. Iron Maiden came first, that's why.

Spoken like a true manlet

cope

Attached: randy_rhoads.jpg (1055x1600, 125K)

cringepost

it was funny because Slade originally were illiterate English thugs
and all those well-to-do American boys from Hollywood started copying them a decade later

Attached: slade-slayed_-Frontal.jpg (953x953, 247K)

So fucking true
Every band has its own micro genre

It's like listening to a bunch of gay fetishists talking about which type of shit tastes the best...
No matter who wins, they are still eating shit

>Their clothes doesn't change the music genre itself. It's shit.

Fixed that for you

Hear hear!

Most 70s hard rock/metal was made by illiterate Brits. I doubt Uriah Heep could spell their own names.

I don't know if "well to do" is the right words to describe Motley Crue, exactly...

Sorry you're just ignorant to rock history.
>WAHHH WHY DO PEOPLE KNOW MORE THAN ME
If music isn't your forte, get a new hobby, don't get mad at the people who have done their homework, scrub ass. Git gud or gtfo

>Ha ha poo poo I'm clever

Ding! Ding! Ding!
We got one.

You are correct, scatological humour is not clever or funny.
Perhaps it would be more apt to suggest that it is like listening to a group of prostitutes discussing which type of cock tastes better. Ultimately, they are still sucking cocks.
But hey...

black sabbath couldn't even rhyme words
youtube.com/watch?v=67JcYZb8VG4

Kek this always annoys me when I read the lyrics.