People are actually angry at him for "copying" Mitski

>people are actually angry at him for "copying" Mitski

What the fuck?

Attached: mac-demarco-solo-tour-purple-bobcat.png (807x553, 455K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2019/03/mac-demarco-mitski-controversy.html
youtube.com/watch?v=SD7BCqc1Juw&t=
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salad_Days_(EP)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salad_Days_(Mac_DeMarco_album)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

people still listen to him after salad days ?

What did he do? Steal her song?

I consciously had to stop listening to him. I was becoming so goofy my friends and family didn't recognize me anymore

Attached: 3215.png (781x645, 298K)

vulture.com/2019/03/mac-demarco-mitski-controversy.html

It's far far worse

I don't get it, a weird coincidence is now stealing?

Well, people are acting like it is.

No one can use the word cowboy in their album title ever again

Mac is based fuck titski

She's laughing about it. She didn't start this it was her idiotic fans.

It’s not like “borrowing” melodies is a new thing to Demarco. See chamber of reflection

He asked for permission though and has credited the original composer on numerous occasions.

True but this isn't about him copying her music. It's because his album is here comes the cowboy and hers is be the cowboy.

Its because he's a white male.

Thats it. People have this idea that Mitski is a face of the SJW whores, and having a white male even in that remote space and conversation, is damning.

and?

He revealed all of this after the fact when it was called out as a sample. The dude was otherwise fine with taking full songwriting credit.

Yes, and.

he ripped off Ariel Pink, so fuck him anyway

Their respective songs have no resemblance whatsoever, American journos and their masters should unironically be gulaged for wasting so much of our precious time on Earth with their shitty clickbait.

where was the twitter outrage when snail mail named her album after mitski's debut album?

Attached: snailmail2.png (320x320, 61K)

Pretty sure that's not even true. Everything points to that he was allowed to sample it and never really tried to hide it

It seems to me like people care about the stupid lazy aesthetic more than the actual music.

No wonder rock is dead in this current age.

Attached: 1551481810591.jpg (941x908, 142K)

I CAN'T BELIEVE MAC DIDN'T LISTEN TO BE THE COWBOY WHAT A MISOGYNIST

Ariel Pink had already ripped off everything in existence, including his own personality so that serves him right.

What's next? You can't use the same font as her?

at least she's not making a big deal about it.

The absolute state of womemes. Know who would want to copy from a talentless artist like shitski? N o b o d y

She's pretty hot though

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH SAVE HIM Yea Forums

Attached: lol.png (1300x462, 43K)

What is interpolation?, We wouldn't have 3/4 of the albums in existence without it.

>Ariel Pink had already ripped off everything in existence
Stop disrespecting Ariel, hes objectively a good musician.

I agree :) gr8 musik too

He disabled that shit when it dropped.

Mac is such a goofball

>music
>objective
Hmmmmmm

when Mozart stole compositions from his black slave no one gave shit and now you're getting assblasted
seething gay

Who cares about some black slave

But in all seriousness, this man is unarguably the last true blue rockstar we have left

We need to protect him from SJWs at all costs.

Attached: 329023.png (990x652, 871K)

??

Attached: ACA4D40B-EA06-4248-BBA8-572A93AF00A3.jpg (1242x1629, 345K)

I hate people

fucking based jose

Attached: Screenshot_20190305-185448.jpg (1078x1265, 317K)

>Being good at something
>Not objetive
Off yourself

>Mozart stole compositions from his black slave no one gave
Is it true or is it woke revisionism?

Poor Jose, your mom will be deported anyway.

this. i hate people who don't believe in objectivity in music. obviously there is a huge grey area but the difference in song writing quality between a skilled and unskilled artist is immense

This

Attached: 31525-optimized_58ff720c74325.png (450x450, 310K)

>rockstar
>now makes safe and boring music
um, no sweetie

mitski is ten times the artist mac demarco is

not a very difficult task, but still

You wish

Attached: Afsegftdrhfrth.png (1000x893, 39K)

>um, no sweetie
Are you retarded?
he plays rock and roll and is sponsored by fender, its your choice if you like him or not.

This guy is a senior editor at Stereogum.

Now imagine the backlash if an editor at a music site say something similar about Beyonce, Solange, or any really trendy PoC artist. We need a #MusicGate right now.

Attached: fag.png (730x297, 52K)

ait so people are getting mad because of song and album titles? and the fact that mac never heard of mitski? jesus christ dude give me a break. I genuinely hate all the little twitter people who see bait articles like this and latch onto it like its anything worth giving a shit about. they're so desperate to denounce or shame anyone.

Attached: 1336886515002.jpg (500x540, 55K)

Oh PLEASE, do PLEASE tell me how THIS is rock and roll
>youtube.com/watch?v=SD7BCqc1Juw&t=

Please tell me how that erases his past songs?

she looks like an insufferable person

>Beyonce, Solange, or any really trendy PoC artist
pretty much all more interesting artists than mac demarco desu

why are y'all defending the dude, he doesn't deserve even a fraction of the coverage his pr firm pays for

>interesting

her replies to the "controversy" are actually ok
that being said, her music is ass

>why are y'all defending the dude
he's the last stronghold for guitar music every where

without him it all falls apart.

Attached: -023.png (754x904, 525K)

she has ten times the boobs as well which very nice

Are you actually serious right now?

Attached: adjkhasdfysfuygewuyfewiu.jpg (453x389, 121K)

nigga if mac demarco and his copycats are the fucking spartans of rock you really gotta ask yourself if there's anything worth preserving in the first place

if fucking mac demarco is the last stronghold for guitar music then its best to just let it die desu

>people
Trannies and Tumblr fags aren't "people."

not a fan of mac demarco, but this is bullshit. cowboy and nobody aren't obscure words. she's not upset about it in the slightest. did this guy speak out against michael jackson? shouldn't he be more focused on that whole story instead of this. poor guy is probably hoping to get laid by sticking up for mitski.

Jose's mom is probably here legally

Steals from the Kinks all the time. Stole the little melody hook from Picture Book on Salad Days

>pedophile apologist
will this be the end of Mac Demarco?

As far as mainstream indie rock, yes.
YouTube guitar vloggers are who are keeping guitar relevant, with their djent and shiet

Then prove objectivity?
You can't
>inb4 complexity!!
Complex songwriting doesn't necessarily mean good songwriting, and simple songwriting doesn't necessarily mean bad songwriting

yes?

i'm confused, Yea Forums loves to rail against anything they consider bland/generic/mediocre; it's the board's favorite buzzwords. and they were practically invented for mac demarco; i mean there's elevator music that's more thrilling than this fucking guy

maybe it's some american thing where college-aged boys with acne sit around in someone's room with their shoes on smoking a bowl and listening to "chill music" that gives them "the feels" idk

mac has more of a right to use the word cowboy than mitski. how many cowboys are there in japan as opposed to alberta?

Dont worry Jose, they wont get them...today.

He had to have been living under a rock if he missed your 2018 album. Oh wait! That rock is the indie male ego. Ah!!!!

if we let SJWs cancel Maccy then rock music is officially dead

We can't let them win!!

Attached: 1496297465777.png (633x758, 293K)

Ariel is a good song writer, uses interpolation to create an atmosphere, without forgetting to honor the scenes he represents.
>Objetively good
Being effocient/prolific

Attached: Cowboy.png (628x481, 60K)

I smell fresh pasta

Ah yes. The album that spent an entire week on the charts.

yeah asians are definitely under-represented in classic westerns.

Fuck mitski for appropiating western culture, good boy mac, the true cowboy

>sales are suddenly a factor
keep grasping Yea Forums

There's nothing to grasp at. Unless you were a fan of hers, or in contact with her,very small, fan base, you have no idea who she is.

Her album was mediocre, if mac's music ia mediocre too, he wins by quantity lmao

he shouldn't have said he didn't listen to her album. that just makes her fans mad. he should have just said yeah I listened to it, it was good, but it's not like cowboy and nobody aren't common words in the english language.

i wish all those idiots bringing race and gender into this are ashamed, but i'm sure they're patting themselves on the back for making a twitter post which will for sure change the world.

mac dindu nuffin

lonely and cowboy are two words that go together often. lonely cowboys are nobodies. So obviously these two words go together and can be thought of very easily. Mitski isn't original either. Chances are Mac didn't rip her off. Why would he need to anyway?

you're either delusional or putting your ignorance on display. she's about as big as you can be in the indie world right now. her album was on like 30-40+ year-end lists, majority of tour dates are sell-outs

she was put on those lists because she's an asian woman

compare your local music scene to bands that actually have record deals. your kind of thinking implies literally anyone could pick up instruments and record a great album. no, it takes a lot of work and obviously some people have put in a lot more work than others

>this
Name another another artist that gets drunk on stage every night and makes an ass of themselves for the sake of rock and roll

>suing someone because of naming a song the same as another song

this is what mitzki trannies actually believe

Attached: Screenshot_20190305-134245~01.png (902x628, 123K)

imagine the judge presiding over that case

ISN'T IT WILD THAT WE SET UP A PUBLICITY STUNT HOHO

She's not bigger than Mac, you fucking delusional retard. And awesome, year end lists. You know those are totally unbiased.

>queen
I never understood the thought behind this. It's a word that stems from a patriarchal system. The queen was just the kings cocksleeve at the end of the day. Why keep it alive when these people want to tear it down?

Attached: w3aj5q5trpl11.jpg (822x719, 106K)

shut the fuck up boomer

Nice bait, the music you praise is the definition of mediocre

true. never thought about it that way before.

I'm a teenage girl, you fucking dumbass. Please fucking kill yourself. You don't speak for anyone other than yourself. My friends and I are her key demographic audience and we don't listen to her.

Some queens were pretty based, like Margaret I of Denmark.

nah dude bey and solange are doing pretty dope things in their respective fields rn, especially when you consider that one of them is like the biggest pop star on the planet
you seem a bit out of touch. sucks for you i guess!

>larping as a teenage girl

Attached: bugs.jpg (249x243, 6K)

>I'm a teenage girl, you fucking dumbass.

Attached: 1535411730158.jpg (494x588, 46K)

>thinking popularity equates to how good an artist and their music are.

based if true

Looks like all of Yea Forums has abandon old maccy boy

DeMarcoians together we make a stand against the cult of social justice. We won't let them have this one!

Attached: GettyImages-692358592_MAc_DE_MARCO_1000-920x584.jpg (920x584, 73K)

based

RISE UP BROTHERS

>fat strat
he deserves to die desu

well some people were leveling that exact same argument in mitski v. demarco sooooo

anyway, beyonce, mitski, solange; the fact that they're all women or niggers (or both) aside, they're all superior to mac demarco and that's the tea senpai

DEMARCOIANS RISE UP!!!

Attached: maaaaa.jpg (1400x787, 248K)

Attached: download.jpg (214x236, 8K)

can't wait for demarco to be slotted into incel-core

been a long time comin' folks

Remember when people were mad at him?

Attached: Alex.jpg (1200x795, 221K)

another one is an incel-core classic

Attached: Mac_DeMarco_-_Another_One_EP.jpeg.jpg (220x220, 13K)

I've never even listened to mitski but I already know she's better than Mac Demarco since he's the most talentless of hacks

I still am though.

based

Is that paul scholes?

Mac is normie core, incels cant be normies

I don't know who the fuck mitski is I just hope the new album is good. Mac's slower ones are beginning to sound kind of samey

Attached: 1543085967060.jpg (463x438, 61K)

The söy has taken over

>sound kind of samey
You're barely realizing this now?

Attached: 1539487986665.jpg (433x427, 86K)

Since it seems like Mitski is totally cool to just let the situation blow over, how is she supposed to respond to her fans saying to ruin Mac?
Is she just supposed to just ignore her crazy fans and wait for this to blow over?

>believing roastie lies
whew lad, you gonna need to slow your roll there

I've noticed it before but the songs were catchy enough. I just don't think it'll hold up through another album

What ended up being the whole story there?

Go to bed young lady.

She voiced her opinion, nothing can be done against outrage fetishists, people drama, for example maga people have a long list of brands and artists they wont buy anymore, for the most idiotic reasons, its american culture.

>3 PM
>bed time
Some of us have jobs.

wasted quints

I know the fans aren't her responsibility, but are you suggesting that if she did tell her crazy fans off that they would either ignore her and keep Mac bashing, turn against her entirely, or something else?

all the songs are about being an incel though

Nothing really, according to Alex, when he was 18 he had a sexual encounter with some chick. At the time, Alex thought he had consent. Fast forward to weeks before his album release, and that chick from before goes to his label and claims sexual assault. Sexual assault has looser definition in Canada and #alwaysbelievewomen so his label scrubs all of Alex's music off the internet and drops Alex.

Alex leaves Montreal, fucks around in various parts of Canada and coming back to the present, he is back in Montreal with a new girlfriend.

Yea thats pretty much it.

except on his album

>Mac
>An incel

That's what I remembered the story being. I thought maybe some details had come out or something. Thanks!

cringe and blupilled vs based and redpilled

Exactly its funny, like bitch trying to be deep and this dude just being silly.

Who hasn't used that melody. Also what else has he stole from the kinks, can anyone tell me cause I genuinely don't know.

Its a literal coincidence, what happened to make these people so worthlessly retarded?
Just searching Mac on twitter and you see a cavalcade of blue checks acting like their opinion worth a shit.

most of them are just goofing off dude

twitter is a cesspool of idiots like this place

this has to be bait right??

Fantano just called the new track "great" and "compelling"

like and share this post

from one hack to another

Even if he did steal the name, who cares? The songs aren't similar at all

dude's right tho
mac is the cure for insomnia after all

whats a mitksy

basically this

Attached: twitter.jpg (810x5330, 680K)

if i was a woman of color it would fucking infuriate me if people were like "babe are you gonna let a white man talk to you like that?? can't you realize that you're NOT WHITE?" like yeah man thanks for rubbing in the status quo and highlighting the fact that all this happens in a context in which i should see myself as inferior to him?

like "sue him because he's white and you have to fight the power!" ah ok great i guess i'm powerless because i'm asian thanks girls for reminding me that i'm different and not white and shit :/

Attached: yzjxlqpmmck21.jpg (592x426, 65K)

tantofi is base

who the fuck call a friend cowboy

This. Ariel is a hack, just listen to R Stevie Moore or Cleaners from Venus

sylvia is a dumb shit

stupid hick albertans

Tits or GTFO

>I'm a teenage girl
>Please fucking kill yourself
u speak very rude for a teenage girl honey...

please direct your posting to the appropriate boards, B and Pol.

i thought it was about stealing music but its literally just 'stealing' the song title and album?

lmao who cares

that's the thing
this is some bored 18yo keyboard warrior forcing their twitter bullshit just to have something to talk about

What's that? You're scared of a little inappropriate posting? Listen here, bitch. Over here on 4channel, we like things nice and messy. Don't like it? Well, I'm sure there's a nice and safe subreddit waiting for ya. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, PUSSY!!!

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaah.png (1211x680, 1.16M)

american """""controversy""""" is lame af

At least it's music related. Most days on here it's either lazy greentext threads or racebait threads.

Attached: 09340943.png (511x428, 252K)

if people didn't care about race or gender the world would be a better place so why do leftists continue to be prejudiced?

>"Because of her father's job, which she prefers to not disclose, she and her family moved frequently, living in thirteen countries, including Turkey, China, Malaysia and the Democratic Republic of Congo, before eventually settling in New York City"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

sounds like he's some sort of sketchy elite businessman

OHNONONONO METOO INCOMING

Attached: 231A6E26-2F1F-4E83-9976-5C31837A8228.jpg (750x1049, 185K)

>someone has a wank at a party
>the person filming it is the one in the wrong

I dont understand twitter, all this whining and complaining and not a single person has posted Mitskis titskis

It's all a part of his shapeshifting lizard persona, are Mitski thots really this dense?

This has been known for years. I unironically wish death upon the people in this screenshot.

Women don’t understand music

The bottom of the article literally has quotes from Mitski that dismiss it entirely

Just because the main person involve in this dismisses it doesn't mean it's entirely over. Mac needs to explain himself or come clean.

>he needs to explain why he used words

>Rock is dead
Yeah good think Greta van fleet is here to save It, right pops?

He said he never heard or listen to Mitski before. Which is incredibly naive and condescending to say.

You disgusting White male, mozart was black himself, read a book sometime

She’s obviously joking

She isn't as widely known as people are making her out to be. Do you people not interact with regular society or something?

As a follow up, she has less than 300,000 followers across Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Do you realize how small that is?

I like how there’s a pic online of mac grabbing a fans dick but this is what people get outraged over like wtf

I’m a liberal

Can someone post the Ariel thief post with all the evidence? I like Ariel but he does steal quite a bit

wtf i like mac demarco again

no joke a music journalist i went to high school with met him after a show when she was 15. He asked how old she was, she told him, and he made a ton of sexual remarks to her after being made aware of her super young age. this was like 2015

Have you ever been to the west? Its in the united states.

>15
>Super young
>Sexual remarks
>No actions
>In a committed relationship
Damn. Lock him up and throw away the key. Your totally real story has shown me how evil he is.

>things that didnt happen
Why do people always make up bullshit. “Music”’ fans are the worst shit

apologist

1. He did literally nothing wrong. Should he put on a child friendly persona after his concert, probably well after a 15 year old should be just hanging around?
2. Your story seems completely fabricated.
3. My friend was actually there that night and told me Mac didn't say anything inappropriate to anyone.

FUCK DEMARCO

Attached: bitch demarco.png (750x639, 69K)

Why you block out the name weenie

It's my friend

Your friend is a pussy and his ex girlfriend is a cunt.

Based Mac

Wow and he always looked so rangy

You are a faggot soi drinking, cum guzzling faggot, and so are your friends

i bet you pussed out when he got his buddy to step in huh big boy

Attached: 1525141474198.jpg (400x300, 37K)

let's talk about more important things, like how were black sabbath and coven so similar

Attached: 1373043280604.jpg (560x422, 33K)

This is old news and incredibly at a party
>Be Mac
>Be at party
>Drunk friend pulls out weiner
>Lmaoputmeinthescreencap.jpeggy
>Start recording because drunk and find It hilarious
>Turns out there were some 16 year olds Who sneaked into the party
>People with saviour complex start calling you pedophile or whatever
>Mfw

Attached: IMG_20190304_215642.jpg (820x522, 86K)

really? is it that obvious?

>SJW
yeah super liberals can be really bad, and I'm a liberal myself
>whores
what's wrong with being a whore? not getting laid lately user?

>t. Mac

Enjoy your STDs and lack of fulfilling long term relationships

the story got more extreme including a part where Mac's friend ejaculated on a watermelon and Mac and his friend started handing out slices of the watermelon to people coming into the party, some of which were underage

I mean that part sounds so fucking wacky but it's within the realm of possibility

Either way if I was friends with Mac I'd probably just be like "That was pretty fucking crazy but hey it's not like you raped some one or anything"

I'm 22 do I really need to be in a committed relationship right now? I can have sex and have fun all I want in this period of my life

art hoes can be deceiving

Attached: 623B4082-E845-4C82-8CA3-FE7E5BD23004.jpg (1242x415, 105K)

Not that guy, but you can do whatever you want. The only people that are going to be hung up on sexual experiences and all are people you probably wouldn't want anything to do with anyway.

People are angry at Mac?
Don't really listen to his music but I think he's ok.
What did he do wrong?

Somone make sure she takes her meds

>Mac DeMarco, who just released "Nobody" from his new album Here Comes the Cowboy, says he never listened to Mitski's Be The Cowboy, which also featured a single called "Nobody"

Oh it's an attention whore trying to leech off Macs fame.

This isn't even borrowing a melody though... I think the persons complaining about song/album concepts.

Which is dumb as fuck.

>it's not even Mitski claiming it
Fuck the industry ay. This is fucking retarded.

The artists don't even have a say anymore.

I can’t believe I’m posting in this thread but the average twitter user makes my blood boil. Straight up brain dead retarded. Just a fucking song name and album title and a relevant one at that since he uses it regularly.

Another whitey male bad episode.

>Mitski doesn't care
>industry is the one oy veying
>suckers her fans into fighting their retarded industry cause

I hate this modern industry so fucking much.

Technically they are, but it's not relevant to assault.
That's more illegally recording someone without permission.
Is that even law in the US?

>Please i beg you to damage his reputation
>He is irrelevant
Wow she really could not squeeze her brain to remain coherent for a whole tweet, uh?

He’s not that short though

Attached: D74849DF-7B17-49E1-B8DB-6E86AF37753C.jpg (750x734, 77K)

They actually are, there were significant populations of Qing chinese in the west in the 1800's. Mainly labourers though.

People do that in my city in Australia. It's a perception that your city is essentially lawless.

Now I like Mac Demarco.

Attached: 120313-billy-corgan.png (820x546, 488K)

lol didn't Big mac also rip off that bruce springsteen album cover on accident? The goofs never end with this guy.

Attached: DyJg1u_VsAAbs4z.jpg large.jpg (230x207, 8K)

Mitski is being remarkably cool about this. Why is everyone else shitting on themselves?

yep that's exactly precisely the reason you got it congrats on ur fragility incel

there are always retards who want drama lol PLUS journalists get paid by clicks these days and guess what kind of news gets people interested enough to click?

meh i don't really care. nothing he could ever write could ever come close to popping off as hard as nobody by mitski so whatever

>implying this isn't good advertisement

god you're retarded

why

>Which is incredibly naive and condescending to say.
>that you don't listen to X

would you fuk?

Attached: C8gSCKVUQAAmT4B.jpg (900x1200, 182K)

Did someone punch her in both eyes?

I'm desperate for pussy and still won't fuck her

For mitski? Yeah

he said in an amoeba interview he was trying to rip off the font to hosono house

yeah obviously, because i'm a pathetic virgin.

If there's no reasonable right to privacy, i.e. at a party or in public, then there's nothing at all stopping someone filming anything they want.

Sauce p l z

they don't even sound the same. How the fuck is it even copying if the music doesnt even sound the same.

I kinda ignore Mac but this new song is pretty chill.

Mitski is alright in a "I totally don't believe a word you're saying" way.

It's a shitty squier bullet kek

Both really.

Still waiting for someone to shitpost an entire list of songs and albums ever made that contain the words cowboy or nobody and post it on twitter

look at the replies mfker. hit her up on twiiter

why are you annotating your artistic opinions with nazi imagery? are you trying to undermine yourself?

why are people calling him an abuser/predator?

This is what Mitski herself has to say about the situation. Kind of don’t get why there’s still so much buzz

Attached: AF6CAF3C-7D5C-4C0B-9049-C9ADFDCD33F1.jpg (668x517, 184K)

Lol so what about this then?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salad_Days_(EP)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salad_Days_(Mac_DeMarco_album)

For this

>ur
>incel
aren't you supposed to be spamming snail mail and clairo threads right now?

Lol are you fucking retarded? Do you not know what Salad Days are?

Yeah the name of an album that evil mac demarco stole from minor threat

Imagine a white girl moving to Japan and feeling oppressed by kung fu movies, so she releases an album called Be The Samurai. Mitski's a joke.

/thread

why do people have so much hate in their hearts

god why are Yea Forums users such hyperbolic brainlets

triggered, libtard?

>ties a chinese man to the railroad tracks in red dead 2

she doesn't have to act mad, she now has a cult that is literally worse than beyonce's. she played it cool when someone made a twitter meme making fun of her and fans lost their shit

her songs are literally on the radio. shes part of the same mainstream radio indie scene as mac. i dont believe him. maybe it was subconscious but its kinda far fetched to say hes never even listened to her. i dont know how it would even be avoidable as someone involved in the music scene he is... im sure they have lotts of mutual friends and have played the same festivals and shit.

Just because they both play guitar based music doesn’t mean they’re in the same scene. Her music sounds nothing like Macs other than it having a guitar in it

Mac is an obvious indie grifter but this controversy is retarded

they've both transcended 'scenes' by now desu

mitski used to be tangentially related to all those suny purchase acts who dress like special needs kids from the '90s

Exactly, identity politics are for hyperbolic brainlets. Like Mitski.

BASED schizo boomer

go back to twitter u autistic fuck

hush child, the adults are talking

i dont mean like a local scene. or regional genre specific scene. im talking about the mainstream indie world. theres like 50 acts that play every festival. get p4k spotlights. etc... theyre both in that circle. i dont know anybody short of a hyper normie who hasnt at least heard her radio singles.

who cares about titski

>I'm a teenage girl

Attached: 1548744798547.jpg (483x350, 43K)

Based Malcom

Attached: Screen_Shot_20190219_at_6.10.28_PM.png (486x431, 366K)

im an early 20s girl. me and my friends dont listen to her (actively put her music on) but we have HEARD her. i dont believe that hes never at least heard her music. has he not entered a cafe or thrift store? never gone to a party? hes a mainstream indie pop singer as well. i dont believe hes somehow never heard her or unaware of her hugely successful album.

That is W-I-L-D! What a goofball!

you're on Yea Forums......

Attached: 1551821664530.jpg (700x654, 40K)

>all these twitter drones that don't know this is a marketing scheme
They have the same PR agency

Attached: 1470520637610.jpg (492x647, 42K)

He said he hadn't heard the album before recording his, not that he had never heard of her.

shit....Chris Ott is always right.

Fucking cringe

Are you brain damaged?

she's bitter her japanese mom got plugged by US military personnel and she ended up being born a Hafu stereotype
That said I love a lot of her music and hope things go well for her

from what I've seen and heard from people, its usually to fill a sense of emptiness

fucking poptimists, i swear to fucking God.

as if its a crime to not like the latest brain dead avenue of so called talent. this whole

>ugh you're pretentious for looking things with substance and originality

stuff that group think up your ass sweety. we don't give a shit what new pop butt plug you have shoved up your anus.

i love mitski too but she's reaching just the right levels of fame that should result in a sunday magazine puff piece-turned-exposé that, amidst other things, reveals her dad's line of business. like that classic m.i.a. interview with the truffle fries. i'm eagerly awaiting it

I wish this werent true but IRL Mitski senpaitachi are so nu-problematic

okay so you smell vaguely of nickels and listen to death grips, we get it

survey time!

1) do you think michael gira of the rock orchestra swans writes "profound" lyrics

2) have you ever "felt the feels", as they say, to post-rock prodigies slint's 1991 album spiderland

3) are you of the opinion that the genre-defying group named death grips are the foremost innovators and envelope-pushers of 21st century music

Lmao this reasoning is so fucking lowbrow and even racist. Did Mitski actually say this? Surely just stupidly paraphrased in the tweet

I literally never seen or heard of Mitski before today. Why does it matter if he had heard them? Other peoples opinions aren't real, their just opinions

Fuck stereogum. Their comment section is a jerk off echo chamber.
They have the safest and most predictable opinions of any site; both their audience and writers.
I’m not surprised he looks like that.

i really don't wanna hate everyone and everything anymore but it's so hard

I think these people have a saviour complex and take every chance they get to turn any non issue into drama so they can "save" someone
Mitski its literally saying "look, cowboys are a common theme in north american culture, we just happened to name our albums something similar" and her fans are saying "not now sweetie, im saving you from the white devil, don't ruin this for mommy okay?"