Yup... his relevance is over

Yup... his relevance is over.

Attached: DE649FC2-2F72-4360-945A-1FC0777E25D9.png (1334x750, 2.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l7ouVtzZWTY
youtube.com/watch?v=SD7BCqc1Juw
twitter.com/search?q=mac demarco&src=typd
twitter.com/missmollymary/status/1102952480089034753
youtu.be/FvGIhaCASxo
youtube.com/watch?v=6QJpY2VNP0E
youtu.be/MmheXsgorKs
hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/16/mac-demarco-2019-tour-album/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its pretty shitte

better than mitski

I was excited to hear what his take on country music would be after he said he was doing a 'cowboy album.'
This is like a shit demo that was cut from This Old Dog

also why the fuck is he limiting his guitar playing more and more in his songs now. It's obviously his best asset

His is only beginning.

Attached: Alex.jpg (1200x795, 221K)

all of these takes are true
I've secretly hoped he'd do another Moonlight on the River, but now I'm not sure if that will happen. There's no reason for minimalism in Mac's music, he's been there already.

Is this Michael Gira

i think its because he just wants to get blasted playing live and the simple guitar music would be easier to play live than anything more complex

or maybe just so he could roll around in a chicken suit idk youtube.com/watch?v=l7ouVtzZWTY

i dunno mate, fantomas is classic french cinema at this point

this is so fucking boring what the hell

I wished he stopped fucking around and finally do a full blown psych-pop album. "Annie" and "Moonlight on the River" are two of his best tracks.

F

Where's this from?

youtube.com/watch?v=SD7BCqc1Juw

Why is he doing this? This is a huge step down from This Old Dog. Kinda disappointed.

Hes clearly fed up with the fame and being important, this song makes it clear. Not many people realize the stress of being in the public eye. And no I am not Mac i promise boys ;)

I can't blame him for hating the portion of his fanbase that try to be exactly like him. I hate them too yet I love his music

absolutely delusional

twitter.com/search?q=mac demarco&src=typd

Mitski stans on suicide watch!!!

is mac still hip with the kids? i figured he'd be rather old hat by now

This is barely a song.

Mitski's music is Andy Partridge-tier genius pop compared to Mac Demarco's recent output.

i dont understand what this has to do with mitski at all

Mitski's latest album has a cowboy related title and has a single called "Nobody". Now Mac needs to be chemically castrated for stealing from a brave woman like her.

wait this tweet explained it
twitter.com/missmollymary/status/1102952480089034753
this is fucking retarded, i cant believe people are upset over mac making a cowboy album with a song name similar to mitski's

>this is barely a song
its stripped down

that's because zoomers are more concerned about aesthetics and optics than they are music

bruh look at this dude

Attached: damage control.png (1251x747, 68K)

The talentless hack's go-to excuse.

I like the song a lot

yeah idk im not a fan of mac at all but the song isnt horrible or anything. cool video too

I am a fan of Mac. The song is slightly hip-hop-ish and I'm more of a fan of hip-hop than rock or indie so I don't mind the direction but a lot of people think hip-hop isn't music.

Who is doing this? SUCH A LUST FOR REVENGE! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Attached: 1551366253674.gif (607x607, 1.91M)

>finally makes something different
>"yup...his relevance is over"

and that's a le good thing

looking forward to his new album, hopefully it won't be as boring and repetitive as This old dog

This the mask reboot looks pretty rough.

dude seems legitimately depressed. this song is depressing as hell.

and honestly, i'm all in on a mac demarco galaxie 500 album

Well, all he does before he performs is get hammered.

thought this was who it was.

who the fuck is OP's pic

Its not so bad, but wtf he turns off comments and likes?
Thats weird

"great"
"compelling"
- Fantano

yeh that seems whack especially for Mac

I've heard Mac Demarco is kind of checking out. Someone who went to one of his concerts said halfway through the set they said the band switched instruments and he just sat in the back and drummed the whole time

Is he somehow exposing the lizard people?

i'm kind of alarmed at how instantaneously i recognized this as mac demarco

oh hell yeah holy shit imagine. only you, eating like a kid. my kind of woman and shit, fuck its never gonna happen

Underrated post

Attached: gipheoo.gif (320x240, 1.08M)

this is a pretty good damon albarn song

mac demarco? more like woke demarco

cause he wants to? man some of you faggots are retarded. he's just exploring shit - as all "artists" do. don't like it, don't buy it - no one gives a fuck (including him by the sound of it)

i wish mac would just stop and take some time off. just stop touring for a year, no interviews no nothing, just take some time off. it feels like he'd need it.

Then he should do something like Metal Machine Music instead of just doing like Self Portrait

Exploring methods of cultural/social appeal is still exploration but it makes the music suffer, the point of being a music artist is the music not the person

I thought this old dog was pretty boring too. The last album of his I really liked was another one. Salad Days was his last "great" album.

the point is to express/explore yourself through the music. i don't understand what you mean - how is he exploring methods of cultural/social appeal with this release? why do you assume it isn't an honest expression of himself?

This. The reason we get attacked to the person is because of their music. Once an artist has attained an "image" and a fanbase they become extremely limited. Which is why artists who are more aloof when it comes to their audience are the ones who have the best longevity.

I'd rather listen to a massive stinking turd of shit, that a Mac Demarco song.

>attached

Are tripfags making a comeback?

It seems like you guys are finally coming out of hiding. Welcome back, frens!

Attached: apoo.gif (665x348, 529K)

What actually happend?, Did he steal a song or what?

Worse.

Attached: ewio.png (783x825, 380K)

both songs are good both artists are good despite what contrarian retards on Yea Forums say
just a stupid coincidence for the professionally offended retards of twitter to complain about

Attached: 1551610496956.png (128x128, 64K)

Based French guy.
I fucking love the submarine in the second movie.
Defunes kino, for sure.

I’m totally sure it’s honest, and I guess I don’t mean to be saying that exploring cultural/social appeal is a bad thing in itself, presentation of the music is a creative outlet in itself, but at least with Mac (and he’s not the only person hat does this) when the very factor that draws social relevance is the largest thing on the table (ie with Mac his “goofy” persona and videos that protagonize him and draw from/invest in his public image) rather than the music itself then that is when the music suffers. It is all still art and genuine expression but less so as far as actual music goes, since that is not what the attention is as focused on. Of course people do like his music (and he does have some good music, and my own opinions of what he actually often makes notwithstanding he does have talent in creating music to back everything else he does up), but if like hypothetically he were somebody else entirely that made the same music that he does now/has made before but didn’t have the public persona that is Mac’s emphasis, then the music would likely be incredibly overlooked. Doing attention getting things to enter the public consciousness is understandable and even a good thing for an artist to do, but this often enables these people to fall into making music to emphasize this very aesthetic that they are trying to emphasize with their image rather than anything outside of this.

>The names are the same so it's copying

Critical IQ today, everyone

Why has no one shit on Mitski for being from a rich as fuck family and studying music at a prestigious college?

Because she fooled teenage art hoes with >muh Asian American oppression

my right ear enjoys that maraca

>limiting his guitar playing more and more
its his first single since this old dog are you mentally handicapped

>>muh Asian American oppression
That's a thing?

Attached: 1551739463193.jpg (592x586, 50K)

Somehow. She's literally from Japan though, just with an American Dad.

They believe it's a thing because Americans, either European or African descent, make fun of Asians. But it really isn't a thing - most don't mind Asians. They just can't handle banter, like most Americans.

woah

No one hates Asians. They suffer from "positive" stereotypes.

Mac legit needs to take a year off from live appearances and just stick to maybe doing a producing role for his label and developing some artists for it and honing his craft because he clearly looks burned out by his current state of being.

although they suffer from "positive" stereotypes they also suffer from "negative" ones too. also there are some people who definitely just hate asians regardless

That may be true, but East Asians aren't actively oppressed in Europe or North America. You could argue that African-Americans still face some degree of oppression, but to argue that East Asians do is silly.

Obviously there are retarded real racists out there. I thought we were talking about the "everyday struggle" type of oppression. Like the not getting jobs because your name is TreZekwius stuff.

I dislike asians because the young ones are whiny sjw's.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST MAC CHANGE YOUR SOUND A LITTLE BIT FUCKING CHRIST YOU HAVE ALL THE TIME AND MONEY IN THE WORLD TO EXPERIMENT AND YOU DO THIS SHIT

For some reason I like this more than any other song on This Old Dog, despite it being very similar. What's wrong with me?

His label wouldn't like that.

Yes exactly. Like obviously even Bowie was big on branding himself and persona, all his album covers had him on there, but he was always chasing after new musical ideas and trying new things in ways that weren’t just sympathetic to musical norms. Björk as well. They both can be hit or miss at times but they both are always driven by what they make. At times it seems Mac cares too much for cultivating an aesthetic or like a vibe and this is too socially influenced of a thing for an artist to do if they want to be making something unique. Like you said, this is probably the difference in what produces longer ivory, there needs to be an element of indifference.

He probably doesn't want to deal with all the ravenous Mitski fans

:(

he's literally living the dream of every lazy bedroom musician with all the instruments, resources and time and he wastes it all making this schlock

interesting take on his work. i guess i haven't really considered his public persona and don't have a much of a clue regarding if what you are saying is accurate but still interesting to think about nonetheless, so thank you. i try to listen to music as its own contained entity and i enjoy stripped down music - so i'm feeling this latest song

Absolutely, the one constant about Bowie was that he didn't sound the same, that's what drew people in. I mean it was always "him," but you never got that in the same way. When you can always sound like yourself without ever repeating yourself, that's what makes a great artist.

>No one hates Asians

Chinese/Koreans/Japs are the most soulless people on the planet. I wouldn't say I hate them but they certainly aren't really normal like us Indian people are

Pls show bob n vagene sexy hot whoree

Remember when musicians used to be competitive in a friendly way. Pic relate, minutemens response to zen arcade. Everyone now just wants to cry about their UNORIGINAL ideas

Attached: AF6CF7A0-8309-4D7A-85D9-9F32B83A6AA4.jpg (355x355, 24K)

Bump

his guitar arrangements on this old dog were boring as well.

They definitely seem to have a problem with "white people."

Considering the youth seem to be looking for interesting new EDM, rap and rock music rather than nostalgia shit, I think he might be in trouble. When he started people dressed in indie kit. Now they dress like chavs everywhere.
But he'll have a warm place in people's hearts in retrospect regardless.

>Remember when musicians used to be competitive in a friendly way
I wasn't alive when that happened but would like to know the story.

>Minutemen originally recorded an "album's worth of material" with James in November 1983 in Radio Tokyo Studios. However, after hearing labelmates Hüsker Dü's double album Zen Arcade (1984), which had been recorded a month earlier, Minutemen decided to write more material. Watt later commented: "It wasn't really a competition even. When I wrote 'Take that Hüskers!" in [the album's liner notes] it was acknowledging that they gave us the idea to make a double album

>Mitski's music is Andy Partridge-tier genius pop compared to Mac Demarco's recent output.
Kek
Sad but true

Mac here, i just want to point something out to you fellas. Getting "big" and all that was just luck, I always just wanted to make music that I wanted to hear. I like to make music, it makes me happy. You also have to realize how shit it is to have so much expected of you, people only want you to be the character they made you out to be, they only want you to give them what they expect from you. Anyways thanks for the people who support me it does help when i feel blue. Been having a lot of blue days. God bless.

Attached: 777.png (220x300, 28K)

Love u, bro

luv ya mack and godspeed

Love you, Mac. Looking forward to seeing you in DC. God bless.

If this is Mac, love you stay blessed.
If this is a Mac roleplayer, love you stay blessed.

Love you too
Godspeed brother
Look forward to it too, hope i can entertain you

Based.

I appreciate the single man, it almost brought me to tears.

in lieu of talking about either artist who both suck, post real cowbo music so i can be the rootinest tootinest wrangler in the room tonight

youtu.be/FvGIhaCASxo

thanks partner

Attached: file.png (600x315, 219K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6QJpY2VNP0E

Why pretend you're Mac? You're not Mac.

Why do people think Mac is capable of making prog? He probably doesn't even know enough chords to make proper prog.

Attached: 1551688020796.png (894x773, 48K)

what in tarnation am i listening to

Attached: file.png (199x253, 16K)

I love it. Listening to it whilst looking at pics of my my oneitis and feelin' fellins :(

>a rich as fuck family
gonna need a definite source on this champ

She studied at a musical conservatory and her Dad worked some job that had them moving all over the world.

That is Mac retard, look at the metadata newfag

she was an army brat

Why did you decide "I'm going to dress up as a Reptilian alien for my new music video."

>Because of her father's job, which she prefers to not disclose, she and her family moved frequently, living in thirteen countries, including Turkey, China, Malaysia and the Democratic Republic of Congo, before eventually settling in New York City.[1] After enrolling at Hunter College to study film, she decided to pursue music instead and transferred to Purchase College's Conservatory of Music, where she studied studio compositions.
Literally Wikipedia dumb retard

okay so what's the big deal? are people who studied or were trained in music not allowed to record it as well?

is this some misguided notion about 'only le poors can make art'

>daddy give me a career and make me famous

Sorry, I don't speak nerd.

your misogyny is showing

>Sorry, I’m a literal retard faggot.
Good for you

what's wrong with that?

>an attention whore nobody on twitter accusing someone else of being fake
fucking lol
in all seriousness though this is shit, music is a fuck, get killed

yeah all the musics been stripped out of it

This is kinda disappointing.
Now that he has is own label I was hoping he got back together with Alex Calder and make an album like Rock and Roll Night Club and Ying Yang.

Attached: cowboy pepe.jpg (750x525, 35K)

Who are you quoting?

not that user but you're a ground shifting little faggot

the issue is she doesn't have to prove anything of genuine merit when her dad is already an industry success, disagree if you want but don't be an insufferable faggot who cries "woman hater!" as soon as they lose an argument, you give all dumb birds a bad fucking name and no one will respond to your white knighting anyway

(You)

I never said that, retard.

cringe

>her dad is already an industry success
see you keep making shit up to fit this narrative of yours. like do you have *any* proof of this claim?

>two threads on Yea Forums with over 100 replies on day of new single
>with rex orange county, tyler the creator, other blue wave neosouljazz like kali uchis, frank ocean etc.. has invented part of the major sounds of the current musical zeitgeist

>is a pretty damn good songwriter/musician on top of that.

not irrelevant

Mac DeMarco peaked with 2.

Her dad's in the military.

Here’s one better than Mitski

youtu.be/MmheXsgorKs

that list of countries makes it sound more like her dad was in an extractive industry than music. Regardless her parents probably payed for everything while she was pursuing her career in music, same story as all these precious indie retards

what part of not that user didn't you understand
I don't even know who you're talking about just noting how pointless it is to bitch about mysogyny at such a time
whooever we're talking about i'm sure shes just as terrible as every other musician talked about here

>has invented part of the major sounds of the current musical zeitgeist
yeah that influence sure has done a lot of good huh
>is a pretty damn good songwriter
lmao

shut the fuck up, cock-sucker

>how pointless it is to bitch about mysogyny
it's not pointless since it pervades nearly every discussion of female artists on Yea Forums that aren't kate bush
it deserves to be called out from time to time and yeah i know it's probably a meme but it gets pretty grating after a while

Attached: image.jpg (394x300, 23K)

jah bless ras

Nope I promise you art-hoes still like him.

I hope you feel better soon buddy

Attached: ironingdog.png (576x520, 675K)

Why would anyone collab with Alex. He was never big enough to warrant a PR nightmare. Besides, he is trying to get his own label off the ground, why would he work with him?

Probably because they were in a band together? Why does he still make music with Peter?

What music? The two songs they released together? If so, that was before he got metooed

What are you even trying to say? Are you not aware of Makeout Videotape?

It was fun while it lasted. :)

Makeout was all Mac, Alex said so himself in numerous interviews. I was talking about the part
>Why does he still make music with Peter?
You mean Alex still makes music with Pete?

What the fuck are you trying to say?

HOLY SHIT

They were still in a band together and played shows together. Mac and Pete did the Met Gala thing last year.

yes people go on our special niche little website, even though we alienate everyone

Right but its bad optics for Mac to work with a guy that did a "sexual assault" I mean look at the raging women just because Mac didn't know who that Mitski chick was. Imagine if he worked with his "rapist" ex band mate. Not a good look at all, and I love Alex.

I think we had a misunderstanding here. I thought you were asking hypothetically why he'd do it, not in a real world situation. I was just feeding off of the other posters questionable "optimism."

Ahh for sure.

Its Macaroni Demarcate

Attached: 1551824040162.png (239x372, 128K)

Love ya, cowboy.

Attached: 1544682379109.png (400x397, 244K)

He engineers/produces a lot of stuff, also he is own his own label now

lmao

Fuckin Reddit man.. lurk for 5 years before posting.

He has his own, contract with Captured Tracks is finished baby

>she’s being a graceful Libra

Reminder that these people vote

Attached: whocares.png (751x811, 116K)

The song isn't half bad, it's even a little comfy. He's a balding cuck, just let him make music in peace.

WOULD YOU HAVE MADE A MAC DEMARCO THREAD IF HE DIDNT WEAR THE MASK? THEN I GUESS HE'S MORE RELEVANT THAN EVER HUH?

wax idols were good but hether is historically mental as hell

i feel like the recent surge in astrology among normies is another key piece of the 'erosion of western civilization' puzzle

Flavor of the week thing to be into ATM, I'm patiently waiting for the Twitter normies who only know their sun sign to fuck off so I dont have to deal with 'trendy' people who think they know a damn thing cause they saw a birth chart once

lmao i'd be interested in who you think are good songwriters

he's legit pretty good, try doing everything he does.

>i try to listen to music as its own contained entity
Yeah I pretty much do the same, I can at least respect you liking this in this way *thumbs up*

Oh no

why did everybody just accept that that guy with the cowboy pic was mac? I know people visit here, deakin commented on us after sleep cycle, but theres very little chance of that actually being mac

Because there's no harm in it. If it's actually Mac, you just spoke to Mac DeMarco on the internet. If it isn't Mac, then you just wasted 20 seconds typing a short message. The positives outweigh the negatives. That's assuming that you're not Mac yourself, of course.

no.

I dont see how this is music related?

I don't know if these are troll posts or not, but he does that at the end of the show, just like they used to do the mashup of short covers by each by Mac, Pete, and Pierce, but this time for Joe.

he hasnt made anything good since salad days

Lmao

Dumbass

i love you, Mac

Attached: 1551722486108.jpg (563x542, 37K)

How many more years until the Champ amps are really valuable?
I stole one from my old school on my last day there.
Now that Mac is irrelevant, I'm losing hope.

have you heard of country music
it's a whole genre

love you, keep making the music you want to hear

This isn't a secret club anymore. Like it or not, everyone knows about us, and many musicians in recent years come from here. There's a chance it's Mac, but there's also a chance it isn't Mac - we'll never know. There's no harm in believing him.

But Mac that is popular with the kids is 2/Salad Days Mac not This Old Dog/Nobody Mac.

I think he got fucked over by Captured Tracks and has to tour to get his money
He also started his own label so he has to get it started

whats the story with ct and mac

I've never heard anything publicly except a tiny song dispute during Salad Days, but think about this:

Mike Sniper is a nobody who gave it all to music, and decides, like most musicians who cant do shit, to start a label. He does so in NYC, where you have a sorta new wave of DIY groups like Thee Oh Sees and Ty Segall, plus Todd P and the DBA crew.

Then, you get a couple of charismatic, relatively talented kids and you tell them "this is the ship you wanna be on", and these kids are like "wow I'll do anything to just play music" and then Mike or whoever is like "dont worry son, we are gonna make that happen!" and then you sign a contract, things go well. Three years into your career, Mike tells you "hey kid, I know you want more money but its not gonna last- sign a three record deal if you want stability" and boom- you are their's.

Keep in mind, this is the conde nast p4k era. CT is proud to have brought you all these cool bands, and CT and P4k are never going to let you or the musicians forget it.

Attached: Screenshot_20190226-210220_Photos.jpg (1080x1920, 511K)

hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/16/mac-demarco-2019-tour-album/

this article touches on it
basically CT pressured mac into an endless circle of touring and recording
CT is also known to pay their artists pretty shitty
that's why CT's two biggest acts Beach Fossils and Mac formed their own label

country music isnt cowbo music, partner

This thread is still alive

Kinda based

I’m listening to this

I forgot how much I love this little nigga

Attached: 72CBC5B3-569C-4615-8155-70B8603DDAA1.png (220x220, 57K)

>look at me I read Bound for Glory

this makes my iron become the Big Iron

love you Mac

Attached: sonny-rollins-030713.jpg (474x267, 39K)

Guys, check this shit out.

kek, as if mac would be up to any conspiracy-tier shit

very nice b8 kek

having a dad in the army doesn't make you rich lmao

No, Swans announced a new album and Gira released demos that are just singing and guitar, so it's an easy mistake to make with what people are saying in this thread. Looks like Mac Demarco

sticky this

why are you guys believing this? did everybody suddenly go full retard?

Attached: 1547870346862.jpg (433x419, 100K)

Suck my dick! (please!)

Montreal thanks you, and so does Ottawa

I'd fucking love to

good bait

You have to suck my cock through my ass though

Attached: 1471808958719.jpg (400x274, 29K)

I want to believe

yes, but mitski is an asian woman

>china

that alone doesnt make sense for a GI. I think is more likely he is someone from the diplomatic corps or just some business faggot. Theres also the possibility that she is making shit up.

>white man creates music > I love my friends
>minority creates music > Complex philosophical work about navigating the modern world as a POC

mac should stay in his lane

Attached: 14212124142rch.png (588x202, 14K)

Who the hell is that? Why is she relevant?

>blocks your path

Attached: unnamed-1-3-e1455155070610-610x407.jpg (610x407, 80K)

just seems like he's playing music he wants to play and having fun now that he's secured enough money to live comfortably

i want to see her titskis so badski

cant wait for him to go full mark kozelek

Lov u Mac :3

It was like this the minute it came out. I watched it when it had less than 1,000 views

Have a based day, ya goof.

Attached: comradedale.gif (500x384, 1.06M)

best of luck mac :)