New Mac DeMarco single

youtube.com/watch?v=SD7BCqc1Juw

I'm not sure what to feel about this. Feels like a This Old Dog outtake rather then something new. If this is how the album is going to turn out then it might be his worst LP yet. What a fucking disgrace.

Attached: pokemon shield chan confuse.png (644x745, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UMVRIUoWBrU
youtu.be/6g6qO3HxaKI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wait until the full release

At this point I feel like he’s actively fighting against advancing his aesthetic or songwriting in any significant way, each album has gotten a little more mature in outlook and sadder but it’s almost like he wants to start stagnating and lose people’s attention. I like his music but with how simple his playing, arrangements, and melodies tend to be (which don’t get me wrong can produce nice results when all the elements mix right) he needs to branch out more if he really wants to say anything new, and I’m not hearing it here. It’s pleasant I suppose, but I wish there were more dynamics and that it actually went somewhere. But I guess at this point we can expect there will be a couple synth-driven vapor-ish cuts on it like the last two albums and at least those might be good to vibe to.

He's getting an odd round of abuse for this. I barely even know the guy but believe it could be a coincidence.

Attached: demarco.png (614x701, 309K)

You're not joking
Naturally it's due to him being a sexist racist
And not Mitski culturally appropriating at all

Attached: Cowboy.png (628x481, 60K)

What the fuck? I don't even understand what any of this is supposed to mean.

I saw him trending and actually assumed he'd died but then I saw he'd released a new single, and 90% of the tweets were shit like this. I just don't get it.
Mitski was not so ubiquitous that literally everyone heard her album, surely?

No, but it's the internet gays. They're the loudest.

Yeah this isn't very good, i wish he could release this track, sounds so fucking good

youtube.com/watch?v=UMVRIUoWBrU

It sounds like a shitty version of this youtu.be/6g6qO3HxaKI

>it's the internet gays. They're the loudest.
Never forget how they even made Yea Forums turn against Radiohead once they threatened L-na with legal action

THE REPTILIANS ARE FUCKING REAL BRO
1!!!1

>Basing a whole album off of one song.
If you're a real music fan, you'd know how fucking stupid this is.

I honestly don’t get how similarities in titles matter at all if the music isn’t a copy, like it’ll advance Mac’s career in any way to “steal” a title from someone. All this non-comtroversy is is free publicity

Not only that, but from someone far less relevant than him.

This being an intentional PR stunt is starting to sound very likely

Attached: 24F90F3B-B915-4328-A286-942228786808.jpg (750x861, 325K)

wow nobody has literally ever parodied an artist before how could they be so inconsiderate and mean it's meant to be a political message for women )))::::

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (500x500, 131K)

Doubt it, doesn't benefit him in any way.

No, it's not

To which person's benefit?

Artists always love to be accused to stealing ideas

It doesn’t matter if it’s good or bad as long as people are talking about it

this is dipshit songwriting

Can't help but think musicians, some of the vainest and self-aggrandizing people on the planet, would not use 'this new album is a stolen concept' as promotion

If this new album is just parody, that would be pretty based. On that account, I found the single bland and uninteresting, while Mitski is clearly bland and boring as shit.

I see you all hate it but I vibed to this so hard this morning.

MITTKI : I need myself a Niigga. I need a huzbund who's gunna cook and help me at home...I needz some1 who gunna B the Cowboy. #BetheCowboy #Asain-Americans #Huangs World

Mac Demarco : I'll be your Cowboy, Mittki

I liked it a lot too. It felt very genuine, like he misses playing smaller shows with Peter and Pierce.