ITT embarrassing reviews

ITT embarrassing reviews

Attached: file.png (2291x1396, 1.9M)

Other urls found in this thread:

slantmagazine.com/music/john-maus-we-must-become-the-pitiless-censors-of-ourselves/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/the-prodigy-the-fat-of-the-land/
youtu.be/eQ3Wd60Qddw?t=250
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/health-vol-4-slaves-of-fear/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Agreed, he rated it far too highly.

slantmagazine.com/music/john-maus-we-must-become-the-pitiless-censors-of-ourselves/

Attached: we must becomel.png (955x309, 28K)

Attached: tnd.png (112x38, 1K)

But that's correct.
It's objectively good craftsmanship, but nothing spectacular and kinda boring.
Like a cheap table, does the job, but can't call it art.

The same publication that named a Cardi B song the best song of 2018.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 11.58.38.png (1183x390, 81K)

id probably say this one. not so much for the score (which i still disagree with.. I'd give this record a 10) but more for the actual review. Anthony clearly has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to Sufjan's style and comes off as insensitive when he's talking about his personal life.

this is kind of ironic considering that Anthony rated "a crow looked at me" much more positively when mount eerie's record was trying to achieve what sufjan's record accomplished but imo not as nearly successfully...

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.13M)

From Fantano:
Jessica Pratt - Quiet Signs
>6/10 (even though clearly better than her debut, which he gave a 7)
Sharon van Etten - Remind Me Tomorrow
>7/10
Now, these rating in and of themselves aren't that incorrect but
Ariana Grande - thank u, next
>8/10
lolwut?

agreed. C&L was great feels and the music itself was top tier
ACLAM was all feels, not any noteworthy music really

I stopped taking Fantano seriously when he gave this album a 5/10

Attached: Steven-Wilscon-TRtRtSaOS.jpg (1431x1417, 486K)

Fantano reviews fuck-all in terms of interesting albums. This year he's literally reviewed two 'experimental' records and three that are a bit out of complete normalfag-tier, the rest are all pop shit. His taste's gotten unbearably boring.
t. listened to 100+ 2019 records and some of them are aight

Fair score.
Fair score.
Absurdly over-inflated, should be a 2.
Only heard SVE but that should be a 5.

this gets worse when you look at p4k's other Gorillaz reviews

Attached: 20190305_083749.jpg (720x717, 113K)

what's your AOTYSF?

Look up his explosions in the sky reviews. He looks so disappointed in them because he has a tattoo of one of their albums in his arm lmao

>comes off as insensitive

I can literally smell the onions emanating from your post.

The Flesh Eaters - I Useded To Be Pretty
Helium Horse Fly - Hollowed
Syu - Vorvados
Hexvessel - All Tree
These are the best four I've heard so far. I should listen to more electronic music to be honest, but I don't have access to soulseek/redacted right now and most albums I want to find aren't on rutracker yet.

>I'd give this record a 10
based and redpilled

also he gave carrie & lowell a 7 and thank u next an 8. fuck him seriously.

I came here to post this.
Wtf, "keyboards sound artificial", the Mellotron used on this belonged to Robert Fripp, Fantano was totally clueless about this album.

Crtics mostly trashed Ariel prior to Before Today as well, it’s weird how music that’s largely a throwback can be ahead of its’ time but it appears like AP and JM’s was by how much the perception has shifted.

It’s his job, obviously he has to mainly review stuff that will get him views

Attached: 2.jpg (1413x569, 92K)

correct score
wrong
correct
correct score
correct score

>mfw I give 1.5 stars to a Nicki Minaj album and none to John Maus

Attached: Glasses1.jpg (340x339, 17K)

2/10

He gave TBHC a 6 when it was clearly a 10 kek. He also called Humbug a britpop album

Humanz is a 5.5 at best. It only got a higher score because of legacy and name recognition

>NiN
>2/10

Jesus fuck I thought i hated pitchfork before this

why does he hate gunna so much?

Attached: reddit.png (938x108, 24K)

Why wouldn't he? Gunna is pretty shit, even for a modern rapper.

"I gave your album a 4/10 bro but it's a STRONG 4. VERY strong"

Attached: 1551719455490.jpg (1462x1462, 188K)

r u ok?

Melon giving Alvvays s/t a 5 and saying he thought it was "awful" is the worst and most embarrassing fucking thing he's ever done.

I bet this dude endgame is fooling everyone with music reviews without even listening to the music, just reading the box, song titles and length.

That's what I do nowadays, but it's because I listen to most albums way before melon reviews them and, as it turns out, I'm just not that interested in his 'detailed' opinion.

why do all music critics feel the need to act like they're my friend? what a pompous faggot

Both albums are pretty lame musically, pretty much the same song 12 times over.

>Slowdive 4/10
>The Ooz 4/10
>YWGWYW 10/10
>Reflektor 5/10
>American Dream 6/10 (but the shittiest LCDS album gets your 2010 AOTY?)
>KSG 10/10
>MBDTF 6/10
>Oblivion Access 5/10
>Lil Pump Album 7/10
>Depression Cherry 6/10 (His fave Beach House is 8/10)
>AAL 9/10
>Brockhampton's first 3 albums being 8-9/10's
>Death Grips (5 9/10 albums lmao)

Never forget
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/the-prodigy-the-fat-of-the-land/

Attached: image.jpg (640x760, 86K)

>TIH is the shittiest LCD Soundsystem album
What a nerd

Not so much for the review itself, but I feel like Anthony is is a smart guy, even though he can be a mega-brainlet.
>"Maybe the themes of 'working out' mean something more and I'm just not getting it."
Holy shit Anthony, it's fucking literal word play going on here. She isn't exercising too much, their relationship is not "Working Out" because he isn't working out.

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 37K)

Every album posted ITT is garbage.

THEY KILLED HIM

Attached: shane2.png (400x378, 425K)

Fantono's "disappointing" rating for TOTEP

He's being generous with a 6. Arctic Monkeys are the most overrated band of the 2000s.

Its the shittiest. It's indie-dance diarrhea. Not nearly as balanced and passionate as the others

lmao did he seriously do this?

That is an album full of puns, fallacies, and other varying wordplay. It's part of what makes the album so fun.

youtu.be/eQ3Wd60Qddw?t=250
Yuuuuuuuuup

He can be so fucking dumb lmao

Def his Muse and Deftones reviews

Worse than his MBDTF review

Attached: wrong.png (1326x771, 1.49M)

>caring about any online "personalities"

Agreed, he should've rated MBDTF at most a 4.

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/health-vol-4-slaves-of-fear/

why is this real

Attached: file.png (576x321, 49K)

Personally, Carrie and Lowell is like an 8, but Carrie and Lowell live is a 10

Holy Jesus of Mary is this what our society has come to. Journalists limiting the scope of free speech as usual

and he put that on his best eps of the year list

a little high by like half a point but this is a fair score
pic related is far more embarrassing

Attached: file.png (993x348, 166K)

As someone who has listened to all of the Death Grips albums he's reviewed Ive been hooked on one. Rest are 7.5 best

fantano is smart. He's not actually good at analyzing music, but he's good at marketing himself with a very distinct brand, presenting an opinion in a way that's not completely boring even if it's not complex, and having blistering takes just often enough to get people talking about them but not often enough to make him a contrarian.
I fully believe that after mbdtf 6/10 became a meme he realized that giving things scores people didn't expect can give him viral press and this is why ksg got a 10 and damn got a 7 (I think he would have given both like an 8-9 but he wanted to spice it up so they got memed).

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

>thinking lil peep wasn’t incredibly cringe
You don’t need to make it that obvious that you’re a 15 year old faggot

Attached: 8A1FA73A-7356-4C23-B464-DDB2E24FA08E.jpg (509x371, 30K)

Yeah, should have been DUMB DEAD WIGGER/10, to be honest.

Based

>Calling other people cringe while using a pic of viper

ok

>not liking viper
yep, definitely a newfag underage pleb

Literally who gives a shit about any of this, it's just other people's opinions. You can't rigidly define taste between "correct" and "incorrect" because it's ultimately subjective. People are always going to have different perspectives on what music they like or dislike because of the different life experiences they've had. We can talk about the objective qualities of an album and the level of craftsmanship on display, but getting upset over something as petty and intangible as other people's personal preferences is just the saddest, most autistic thing you could imagine. Whinging about what Fantano or Christgau or P4k said about a particular album ought to be off-topic because it's bordering on just being e-celeb discussion, where it's more about their personalities than anything to do with music.

Attached: 1543797660350.gif (220x260, 1.19M)

>I had never seen a shooting star before

Attached: dddaf5bb.jpg (320x320, 33K)

I like viper but he is cringe in every sense of the word. Sounds like you're the underage one if you think he's not