/prod/ - Music Production General "6ix9ine makes fun music" Edition

New to producing? Check the faq pastebin.com/B4nMDwmZ

Still got questions? Please be specific with what you're trying to do, the better you explain the better people will be able to help you.

Post works in progress to instaud.io/ or clyp with an anonymous account. Anything with your artist name should be posted in the soundcloud or bandcamp threads

LAST THREAD:

Attached: producer_feel-602x473.jpg (602x473, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/yhvlnmf0
youtube.com/watch?v=B4O1dTB0Ed8
clyp.it/dpj5aqtg
youtube.com/channel/UC_CyR8Aqfl45kzFIDeMr-CQ
vocaroo.com/i/s0PkbopH0bku
instaud.io/3nGg
vocaroo.com/i/s076TAB9E8xN
instaud.io/3nHG
instaud.io/3nJj
vocaroo.com/i/s0DjQ9QPmBsp
clyp.it/jvddjj05
vocaroo.com/i/s1BNNIWaO2eb
instaud.io/3nM4
strawpoll.me/17552938
instaud.io/3nN9
youtube.com/watch?v=CttGez2QIeA
musictheory.net/exercises/ear-interval
youtube.com/channel/UCUQ0TcIbY_VEk_KC406pRpg/playlists
clyp.it/4findfon
clyp.it/wcpzytiz
instaud.io/3nRp
instaud.io/3nRn
clyp.it/y0k1gdpv
b8e57dc469f9d8f4cea5-1e3c2cee90259c12021d38ebd8ad6f0f.r79.cf2.rackcdn.com/Product_Documents/MPD218-UserGuide-v1.0.pdf_083551a43e310c859ee1f809a765f16e.pdf
instaud.io/3nUP
clyp.it/i20ba3m5
ableton.com/en/release-notes/live-10-beta/
youtu.be/REbKLoX0kA4
www24.zippyshare.com/v/YPZJKzCZ/file.html
audioz.download/software/win/153716-download_native-instruments-kontakt-6-v604-portable.html
thepiratebay.org/torrent/16501543/TTC_-_Outsmart_Yourself
instaud.io/3o1x
clyp.it/iydhavbb
youtube.com/watch?v=qpGfmb8Xt2E
mediafire.com/file/bh04hx84k9dfla0/breakcore is not a good way to get laid.zip
instaud.io/3o5U
instaud.io/3o6Z
vocaroo.com/i/s1VJEqNAYIKV
clyp.it/wickdebb
propellerheads.com/en/reason/instruments/external-midi
vocaroo.com/i/s1KKXERRrSJM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

clyp.it/yhvlnmf0

Should I give this beat away for free?

>tfw external hdd corrupted
Should I kill myself?

Attached: 1549209615157.jpg (960x954, 85K)

yeah probably

bump

Where do i start if i know nothing about music production and wanna learn to do something like this? Some pointers would be nice (no i don't expect to be able to do this after like 100h)

youtube.com/watch?v=B4O1dTB0Ed8

Am I the only one spooked that we could die any minute without having a project released?

Attached: 34E8AC03-0EB4-4AFB-8A8E-F03C046F3BEE.gif (220x208, 61K)

I came up with this this morning, been attempting to learn to program more complex drum rhythms, would appreciate any comments

clyp.it/dpj5aqtg

>86302948
It sounds nice, fuck it do it as a freebie

Attached: thecallthatsavedavantgarde.jpg (227x298, 14K)

tfw bought a nice MXL 604 for cheap but the seller cancelled it
now i'm a widow and search for a new mxl ad on that website every day

yeah that fuckin' blows man

how do i put agression and drive on my singing
like joey ramone or any rocknroller really
at best i can make it have some shitty drive while hurting my throat badly

this is why i spend all my free time producing desu
that and every musicians secretly knows/acknowledges the "if you haven't made it by 30 you're never going to" thing. (obviously bullshit but still)

>been attempting to learn to program more complex drum rhythms
there's a lot going on with this but you really should focus making things mesh first- it's not really "complex" it's just overplaying. Keep it simple when that's what the song calls for dude. "Good" simple is variation and appropriate timing/velocity humanization

pastebin fag
... and honestly not to get your hopes up but this guy actually sucks lol. sounds like spammed presets/money
writing it though? idk. check this guy if you wanna soundtrack youtube.com/channel/UC_CyR8Aqfl45kzFIDeMr-CQ

unbanned? great..........
consider this a freebie apart from your monthly serious reply which i may explain later on because it's sleepy time: that drive you hear is air restriction. tighten your vocal chords and force air through. stop if it hurts a lot. a little is kinda fine.... but will damage you if you do it too long.

i either cough or pull cattarh
how do they do an entire show like that

Practice is the only thing that will improve you. You're also probably singing from your throat like you're yelling, you need to sing from your gut, which takes some time to learn how to do properly.

Practice took me from being completely unable to sing to being a half decent singer, without lessons which you should take if you can afford to

ive been trying for a year at least to stop pushing the throat

It will take longer than that, keep trying. Record yourself singing and try to hear where you're screwing up and work on those problems.

>It will take more than a year to sing properly

Attached: 36B99A4F-B585-4C9B-969F-125E71A83B68.jpg (300x300, 17K)

vocaroo.com/i/s0PkbopH0bku

explain this image to me

People who are passionate about somethink like to talk about its intricacies.

can someone with good lows on their monitors check this for me
i switched to a different bass instrument when the vocal enters and i want to know if their change in tones and eq is to clashing
instaud.io/3nGg

Attached: Screenshot_2.jpg (889x155, 46K)

Tbh I took this to mean producers love to talk and sound unique even if their process is actually basic af.... like the routine sports interviews

I like your interpretation better

why did you quote me when saying basic

Do not help this faggot, he posted the same shit question on the guitar general

and whats wrong with that

Planning on formatting after 5 years of clogging my aids-ridden system with shitty samples, old projects, and very suspicious VSTs (STDs kek)

Is Windows 10 any better for Ableton and pirating VSTs or should I stick to Windows 8.1?

Had this issue where sometimes Ableton 9 wouldn't recognise a lot of VSTs I downloaded. I know it's my bad for pirating but whatever.

>Windows 8.1
Yes, Win10 is much better in every way.
Even Win7 is better than 8/8.1

it's actually worse for compatibility but everything runs slightly better, assuming there are no problems related to 64 and 32 bit try renaming the plugin

You have a good voice and you're nailing your lower notes. You strain in the higher register, I'm not sure how to explain it exactly but try and "open up" your voice more. Really focus on where you physically sing from, it sounds like you're in the back of your throat, try dropping your voice a bit and singing from your gut. Hopefully you have a space where you can be as loud as you want because you'll have to push to that limit to find your range

I'd listen to your songs as it is though, you already have a pleasant voice similar to a lot of artists that can't sing traditionally well

Forgot to mention, sometimes it helps to place your voice around your nose and palette, you may find it easier to sing in a more nasal tone like Jeff Mangum or Bob Dylan did

vocaroo.com/i/s076TAB9E8xN

Probably not the right song for your voice atm. The beginning was fine, you waver a bit on the notes but with practice your voice will get stronger and you'll sustain them better.

Also it sounds like you're trying to sound whatever way you want to sound in your head, be it imitating another singer or whatever. Try letting your voice come out as it is as if you were speaking melodically and build from there. That little "unh" sound you made the first time your voice cracked showed that your regular voice is a bit lower, try singing from that range.

Overall you have a good voice but a small range. When you do hit the notes you sound really good, you just need to practice opening up your voice and pushing your range. I think I had a similar problem to you when I started and it took me a while to discover my voice. Been a few years and I'm still not nearly where I want to be but I'm way better than I used to be, I think it'll be the same with you if you keep at it.

is the snare too harsh instaud.io/3nHG

Yes, freely distributing art makes the world more beautiful for everyone.
Don't get stuck in a capitalist mindset, it'll choke out your creativity.

Genetics man, no two vocal setups are identical so you can't expect to perfectly mimic someone.

it's just drive, a bunch of singers can do drive. i dont want to sound like someone, just do some rockin vocals.

Yeah well like I said, your vocal folds and resonators might not be the right shape to get the sound you want.
You have to figure out what your voice sounds like in the lowest possible strain configuration and then build from there.

can paid lessons do that for me

How do you tolerate the gap between what you make and what you like to hear? Is it just grinding to get good?

You can do that for yourself. Start recording yourself singing, begin by just holding a note in the easiest singing voice you can do, putting no strain or affectation on it. It will probably sound like shit if you haven't been using your natural range. Find out what comes out of you naturally as you sing and build from there.

How do I get efficient at Jazz? Can someone explain to me how soloing and modulation in Jazz works? How do I approach chromatic music and make it sound good?

Does anyone here use things like hardware compressors, limiters, reverb and other stuff that plugin replacements are commonly available for?

Does it make enough of a difference for how expensive those things are?

If you dig enough, you can find early works of all your favorite artists, and they're often mediocre. Remember that you're only exposed to everyone's work at their peak.

do these vocals sound homo or anxious at some point
instaud.io/3nJj

Anxious in a good way

What fucking accent do you have

brazilian

Why is the reverse function in Ableton so useless? I mean I know the stretching trick anyway but did they really expect people to only write notes of equal length like its a part-writing exercise? Because that's literally the only case it works.

Attached: 1550196490027.png (735x668, 29K)

Could someone tell me where to download the latest stable version of Ableton, hopefully with Max for Live?

I only wish I could afford to buy it

are there too much "duuhs" on the words like a literal retard?

No you don't

its for samples

audioz.download
The latest non-beta version (10.0.6) is on there.

I'm assuming he's talking about the piano roll

The reverse button is for samples

Okay, I won't then.

is it worth uninstalling live 9 to pirate 10?

No I like it, you have a unique voice. Kind of a rough take on the vocals, you're off key in a few places but overall very good voice

You won't ever sound like a retard if the retarded sounds are genuinely expressive

i-it's a pitch corrected take

his face has a look of disgust so I took it as a gearsluts attempt to pretend real producers exclusively use hardware

also does anyone have tips for getting better at/being more adventurous with improvising synth music?
vocaroo.com/i/s0DjQ9QPmBsp
(inb4 "this sounds like ass, did u record this with a usb mic from a cassette boombox", because guess what...
i will try to get a usb interface for ripping tapes)
you could but it's also good enough to charge for :shrug: ultimately up to you
the guitar and pads on this are very pretty ( : i disagree w user that it's overplaying. the interlock of rhythms does nice things to my brain...
hahaha oh man
not at all
why are you worried about it
you've posted like 3 or 4 different clips of this tune, dude

How do you fuck up pitch correction? Software literally does most of the work for you.

Idk shit about music, off key wasn't actually the right term

Is this production too bad?

clyp.it/jvddjj05

i had to draw it all since i use ReaTune to pitch correct but no i didnt fuck it up. probably the attack wasnt fast enough

out of tune? is it too bad anyway?

vocaroo.com/i/s1BNNIWaO2eb

can some please tell me why this beat suck and how can i fix it?

why do i keep gettin weird resonances like this when i record vocals
instaud.io/3nM4

Yeah you just fell flat on a couple parts. But no it wasn't too bad, you have a much better voice than the average internet musician. Also forgot to mention it's an excellent melody, and a song I would listen to if it were properly produced. I'd lose that bagpipe or wtv sounding roll after the chorus, and I can't place it exactly but I think your guitar solo is borrowing pretty heavily from another song, not sure though

i dont hear dissonance, maybe its a little out of tune your voice, check all the note of the chords that you are plaing and see if it hit with the note you are singing

too bad it's a cover song (the animals). does it sound like not completely produced?
>I'd lose that bagpipe or wtv sounding roll after the chorus
i didnt understand what youre referring to

a frequency resonence. theres a weird mid frequency on a couple words in there. but i checked on the loudspeakers and it wasnt audible so maybe it's just my headphones

Oh shit I didn't know it was a cover, makes sense. And I meant the levels amd mixing aren't quite right, it sounds like it was made on your computer, I think it's just an issue of equipment

I'm out of my depth here though, I don't produce or record anything other than solo guitar and vox so my main point is, good voice, but practice

There's a reverse button for midi in the piano roll too.

it sounds fine, mix is off tho, also really needs some vocal correction
drummer is a little wonky as well

Just looks like a normal resting face to me, but I see what you mean.
Still it doesn't say "how real producers feel", just "how producers feel".

>clyp.it/jvddjj05
Yes but there are people who like this garage band sound. I was on board with the tune until that distorted instrument comes in halfway thru. That thing sounded like it was playing a different song entirely.

How to pitch correct a single mic's guitar + vocal recording?

Thanks for the input, I bounced it down so many times some stuff got a bit lost in the mix. I like the shit prod but I know a lot of people will hate it. It's a sample of a dying animal I think, I might take it out

You can do it yourself, but just like any skill you'll usually learn faster and better if you get instruction from a professional.
If your goal is to play a bar show every week or so then you're probably better off doing self directed study, but if you want to do more than that, especially touring, you should get a vocal coach to teach you how to take care of your voice.

If they're in separate files, get Melodyne and use that.
If they're in the same file, rerecord them separately.

First learn how to play well in key. Then learn how to use occasional notes out of key as stepping tones / neighboring tones. (I'll be explaining from a pianist perspective)

In Jazz, the scale you play in the right hand is dependent on the chord/harmony you are playing in your left at that particular point in the bar. Since the chord progressions are usually quite colourful, the scale you use in your right hand is often constantly changing.

The easiest chord to sound jazzy over is a dominant chord (ie. in C minor that would be a G7 chord). Since dominant chords have a natural dissonance to them (due to the tritone in the harmony), it doesn't sound out of place when you play dissonant notes over top of them and they offer the most melodic possibility. A great jazzy scale to use over a dominant7 chord is the altered dominant scale. So for example if your playing in C major and a G7 chord comes, play the G altered dominant scale in your left hand and you will sound good playing out of key. Look up other 'jazzy scales' you can play over dominant chords, there are tonnes of options.

As for harmony, learn the main chord progressions ie ii-V-I and iii-vi-ii-V-I and practice improvising over chord progressions in jazz standards. Secondary dominant chords are a great way to add colour to a chord progression by stepping out of key (and when you play a secondary dominant chord make sure you alter the scale you play in your right). Once that's out the way you can learn about chord substitutions. And also learn about chord extensions/alterations (especially over dominant chords ie a dominant7 #5 #9 is jazzy af).

Record them separately numbnuts.

>play the G altered dominant scale in your left hand
***typo... in your RIGHT hand

melodyne cant do that?

i cant

why you cant

It can in Polyphonic mode but it doesn't soud that good.
If you want good results use single recordings in Melody mode or whatever the monophonic mode is called.

because im recording with video

Just issuing a poll here boss.

strawpoll.me/17552938

Attached: doritoface.jpg (600x600, 11K)

Maybe its because you're yell-singing like fucking Elvis Costello

Attached: 1551688020796.png (894x773, 48K)

do mods really ban /prods/

It was probably a butthurt janny who can't produce anything of worth.

no if it gets deleted it means the op was banned and they removed his posts

alright what's bad on this version? i'll adjust the mix to your taste.
instaud.io/3nN9

the guitar solos are original tho
and what did you mean by bagpipe/wtv

What? That never happened to me. When I get banned not even my threads are deleted. So that must mean he asked for CP or something else really serious?

Yes but it seems to be what you're going for, I like the bouncy bass

Just deleted all my shit again, trying to start from Tabula Rasa. It always comes with so much regret but sometimes I feel like its the only way to set the bar higher. Music for this feel?

Attached: 1461802342819.png (657x527, 31K)

>instaud.io/3nN9
sounds really good now not gonna lie
is the drummer playing with a click track?

>there are anons here without backups
It's going to hurt one day

I clean out my "active" sessions folder pretty often. It's necessary to move on man

its programmed drums

I delete the backups too. That's part of this routine ablution. Usually when I do this I at least end up making better stuff, so it all works out.

Maybe he got caught for ban evasion for the 100th time.

Also, mods and janitors aren't necessarily following a strict guideline. Each case is different and so are staff members, so I won't expect them to be consistent with all bans.

First thing you have to understand is that melody is in part, harmony and vice versa. If you've wondered what an arpeggio is, the most official definition is a chord that is arranged in the horizontal direction (time). If a melody has jumps of a third (2 or 3 spaces) or greater, the result is likely to be some sort of harmonic implication (there's really no getting around this unless you learn even more advanced theoretical concepts). Also harmony is necessarily melody because it involves stringing multiple chords together, therefore the notes that comprise the chords are necessarily becoming distinct melodic entities themselves and, once again there is no getting around this either.

The typical practices for training melody and harmony are counterpoint and 4 part writing respectively. The former deals with the issue of how to create many distinct simultaneous melodies while making each as distinguishable from the others as possible. 4 part writing deals with something called voice-leading, which is really one hell of a hack to composing in a modern idiom. What this means is you want to minimize the melodic movement of each individual line to the smallest intervals possible while achieving the desired harmonic result. This is easier said than done but you'll find that if you do things in this way the music will generally sound a lot smoother. And its such a simple idea.

Attached: 1545413426463.jpg (388x1186, 64K)

Finally, Hindemith notes that the most consonant harmonic intervals are the least consonant melodic ones and vice versa. The most consonant harmonic intervals are the octave (hope I don't need to explain that one), the perfect 5th (6 spaces between), the 3rd (either 2 or 3 spaces between) the 6th (7 or 8 spaces between) the 4th (4 spaces between) the tritone (5 spaces between) the 7th (9 or 10 spaces between) and the 2nd (0 or 1 spaces between). Just invert this to get the most-least consonant melodic intervals.

Homework: Make several different copies of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with the proper rhythm for this melodic line. See how many ways you can reharmonize the melody and have it sound completely distinct.

Attached: hindemith.jpg (479x363, 62K)

>tfw even sample pack drum loop demos sound 10 times better than anything you've ever made in the last 5 years

>just press the keys next to each other lol
Is this what you meant by this?
But really I think this makes enough sense for me to mess around with more structure, thanks

Mix sounds way better. Idk why I said bagpipe it's just the distorted guitar riff after "when I was young" which sounds way better in this mix anyway

Your voice is actually great, this is a really well put together track, everything sounds better

What? No. I don't know how you got that from my post. You're probably referring to the voice-leading thing. What I mean is favor intervals of a 2nd over "leaps" (intervals with 3 or more spaces between). However if you don't use any leaps, you basically wont have anything resembling a melody. Another good tip is if you make a leap, generally its good to immediately close the distance with step-wise motion (that is in 2nds going in the opposite direction of the leap). This is done unless you want to impress the feeling of an arpeggiated chord on the listener.

How do I learn a synth? Should I just read the manual and experiment or also watch youtube tutorials?

>I delete the backups too.
okay that's actually retarded. unless you're in the first year or something and you REALLY suck and know you won't care about this stuff later on...........

do people actually make melodies using this thought process?? lmao. i know my theory but you're explaining it like a faggot

it makes more sense to explain intervals in terms of tension probably.

>braindeadpepe.jpg
>somebody replies with synthtorial
>somebody replies with "pastebin"

do both. unless you mean "i know synths already but how do i learn this particular one?" in which case i'd fuck with it 10-20 minutes and then look up everything i don't understand 100% in the manual and quickly scan for any "quirks" of filter types or anything else they added

did you have to read a book to figure that?

>do people actually make melodies using this thought process?? lmao. i know my theory but you're explaining it like a faggot
wait that's how i see it too

No, its pretty basic. I watched a video. Don't tell me you knew it like it was common sense or something. If you do, I'll just say you're full of shit.

Attached: 1548474072886.png (293x244, 78K)

i figured it studying songs

I'm the one who posted that. And no, I've always been able to make melodies just through sheer tyranny of will. But on the other hand it does come into play when writing accompanying melodies in counterpoint.

you watched a video... to figure out arpeggios and what notes you should play???

I don't understand the people in this general, like nobody falls in the middle of "fuck theory i make trap lmao" and "You HAVE to read books and I explain everything in theory jargon and also autism"

I said I watched a fucking video dude. I learned a lot from Hindemith's book but it would literally take the rest of the available text in the thread to explain it to any satisfying degree. Also I'm just giving out information that will help with the kind of music /prod/ makes. Hindemith's Craft of Musical Composition is really for writing at the standard of classical music (my own desired trajectory).

>what notes you should play???

Isn't that literally what the entire discipline of theory concerns itself with? That is to say, if the matter was trivial then entire faculties would be out on their asses? Do you think about the stupid things that you type?

Attached: 1551366253674.gif (607x607, 1.91M)

>like nobody falls in the middle of "fuck theory i make trap lmao" and "You HAVE to read books and I explain everything in theory jargon and also autism"
Be the change you want to see in the world user, I believe in you!

I found it interesting, even if it's not practical for my purposes. Godspeed

Its practical for anyone making music. This kind of basic theory explains the typical conventions that sound naturally pleasing to the ear.

youtube.com/watch?v=CttGez2QIeA

>like nobody falls in the middle of "fuck theory i make trap lmao" and "You HAVE to read books and I explain everything in theory jargon and also autism"
Sam does

I know a good amount of theory, currently working through Fux's Counterpoint rn. Voice leading has proven to be the most valuable thing to me. But the harmonic consonant stuff seems of a bit over complicated way to approach intervallic tension. I mostly just write pop sorta stuff so mostly just rely on my ear. I value good ears above all else really.

Is this the video you were talking about earlier?

>fuck theory lmao
>also autism
yeah i guess he does

Me too, I've often posted this exercise because nothing beats just having a good ear. I think the paradigm of the melodic dimension being inversely organized from the harmonic dimension is a good thing to keep in mind because then you realize you're managing a sort of balancing act between the two, and there's always going to be some need for sacrifice when you try to reconcile the variables (unless you're literally Bach).

musictheory.net/exercises/ear-interval

Not at all. I'm just showing how you can apply this theory outside classical. Its absolutely universal. Here's the best lessons available on youtube for composing in a modern idiom.

youtube.com/channel/UCUQ0TcIbY_VEk_KC406pRpg/playlists

sam knows his theory

>deleterious
Nigger you G L O W.

This is basically classical music with a drumbeat over it.

Thank you very much.

is the kick too loud, is there some frequency that could be tamed etc?
clyp.it/4findfon

Hey lads,

Once I've got stable income I've wanted to get back into music. I used to play the drumset and got myself as far as two years into a jazz composition major at Berklee College of Music. But major depression and anxiety kicked my ass and I lost my ambition, goals, and passion for music and life. It's been a fucking struggle so far, but I'm at least on some what of a path (software engineering and hopefully will get a job soon). I've had this nagging call to get back behind the kit and do something, but I'm not sure what.

Basically what I'm saying is what do you think would be cool? Would you guys be interested if I did an instagram or youtube or twitch channel sort of documenting my progress from total shit to rebuilding my skills to wherever it takes me?

/blogpost

Do it. Don't doubt yourself and most importantly don't waste time beating around the bush. Just do it however it turns out and keep going.
It will definitely be beneficial.
I personally wouldn't watch it, and mostpeople here probably wouldn't either, but some people will if it has some flair and you make it entertaining one way or another.

Also, whatever you read here, read it while keeping in mind that we're all equally depressed and hopeless, so don't let our bullshit get to your head.

yeah man, do that shit

for me i wouldn't do the streaming thing but if its what helps you get back into it you should

Attached: 1512415678507.jpg (336x336, 53K)

hows the master eq of this
clyp.it/wcpzytiz

jesus sammy do a new song already
and stop spamming

i'm about to finish it, just need to be sure on the master eq.
the next song in sight is finishing the louis armstrong cover, which you are also tired of.

i'm not tired of any particular song, i'm tired of you posting covers and just repeating yourself over and over

so hows the master eq on that one

>master eq
IT'S FINE. are you learning anything by remixing the same song for the 20th time? is version 20 really that much better than version 3???

the master eq is ruined by the mix already. you're just going to call me a deaf retard and ignore anybody who doesn't tell you it's great.

yes it's better
i dont want a shit track on my youtube portifolio
why the hell it's ruined

You know how you can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter? What you're doing now with the constant fucking around is rubbing the glitter back off, so all that's left is the turd.

>i dont want a shit track on my youtube portifolio
too late
and you already posted it lol
>why the hell it's ruined
>guitars too loud
>buried in reverb
>buried in reverb
>guitars blend into eachother because of shitty eq or recording who knows

the only good thing i can say is that this is probably your best vocal performance so far...... not good but it's the best you've done

no, it's improving and i'm cleaning it up. you're saying that just for the sake of bashing. i'll post the old and new for your comparision in a couple minutes.

It's not improving, Sammy. The fact that you have to ask (several times) if you need to make any more adjustments shows that you can't hear what you're doing, so you're a bit of an unreliable witness.

ok ill finish it by myself with nobody having said a word on what adjustments

there you go
instaud.io/3nRp
instaud.io/3nRn

yo

sort of a /prod/ question i'm a newbie

I have a really great electric piano that has midi output, is there any way i can change the way it sounds? like distort it like an amp would so it sounds like an electric guitar

How many times are you going to post this same shitty song?

yes. but it needs to have an audio output Itm ight be a 1/4" TS output (guitar cable lookin mfer).. look on the back. if it only has midi out and built in speakers, it would be far more involved to do so.

I should add that plugging it into your amp may lead to some real fuckery given the impedance of the signal. It may not play nice with it AT ALL. best case scenario is that it just will either go in too loud to the amp or too quiet and require u to either have the volume cranked or barely up at all. To get amps to play nice with any old thing, there are devices that will change the impedance of the signal. I don't want to describe this in detail but you can look it up.

there's barely a difference stop being such a fag

you're supposed to match the volume of things when you compare them. the louder one is going to automatically sound better even if it's not

>distort it like an amp would so it sounds like an electric guitar
piano is a no go for this lol
however, i actually saturate pianos in my song pretty hard to the point of distortion for some lo-fi stuff.... it can sound quite nice in certain songs

well, you stop trying to produce then

:(

I could not stop if I tried. Producing is my life familam

>I talked to steven (flylo) himself a week or two ago. He told me to never believe any of the interviews he does. He told me he uses reason rewired into ableton. He said his synth sounds from cosmogramma all came from the microKORG.

oi boys i went thru my vault
the fukin potential 4 this one.... cant believe i forgot about it

clyp.it/y0k1gdpv

>clyp.it/y0k1gdpv

mix is all over the place. I say this even though I know nothing about mixing and mastering. If I can tell the mix isn't good then its really not good, trust me. Composition is serviceable tho.

yeah not mixed since it was just an idea in the bin. really fucking bass heavy

who are you quoting?

Are we /jp/ now?

That's completely believable
There were other sounds recorded from shit loads of other places and world class musicians though so??? Okay lol

>huh? huh? huh? like you're doing now?

Well really you should try to make a better mix before posting next time. What did you expect people to say?

explain this question

Bump.

Attached: 1542683395114.jpg (630x700, 561K)

GOD FUCKING DAMN, why is reading manuals so goddamn fucking hard, i just want to git fucking gud god fucking damn it. I can't fucking read AAAAAAAAAA, do I need to see a fucking doctor for this shit?

No you need to sit down and practise for a long time. Make your own notes. Treat it like it is, an education.

You can insert effects (Usually guitar pedals) before the signal reaches your interface/speakers
Or you can use VST plugins to affect the audio after it has gone into your DAW

I can't even understand a 3-page manual, I want to fucking off myself. God created me for his own amusement

Its super lame and faggy of me to say but if you have fun, you'll learn a lot more!
You should focus on making music and it doesn't matter if it sucks or not because each time you are practising and if you are having fun you will continue to improve.
You should be doing this because it makes you smile, or dance or whatever positive aspect of music brought you here in the first place, if you are getting stressed over a manual then fuck it mate, just run with it - experiment and foster your own understanding.
Does it really matter if your understanding isn't strictly by the manual if you can use the tool to achieve the goal? To me it doesn't mean shit because we are trying to make art.
tl;dr
Don't sweat the manual. Make tunes instead.

>clyp.it/wcpzytiz
the mix is too sausaged
don't get me wrong i'm all for loudness but if you're a perfectionist you can do it much better without burying all the instruments and your vocal.
pull back some volume levels too, guitar solo is too loud imo.
whole track is overcompressed in general.
overall it's not bad, but you can clean it up more.
also, you can hear a mouse click at the end kek

Thanks for your reply brother, but I still hate myself. I'm a useless piece of shit, and I can't fucking make music that I like for shit, I want to kill myself. Not sure what else to do, I hate college, I hated my job before quitting, there's nothing much to look forward to

It takes a long time to make good music my friend, you have to balance chasing the dragon with real life.

>demarcus complained that he can't read and hates himself again
crazy

>balancing with real life
>not sacrificing balance to the /prod/ gods
never going to make it

I'm not Demarcus you cunt, I'm his retarded brother

haha okay "user"

Attached: DefinitelyNotDemarcus.png (800x800, 391K)

Anyone got a torrent for the Arturia V Collection that works and has all the patches?

Highly recommend this for anyone interested in emulating vintage synths.

That's not me, I dropped out of college almost a year ago and I would never try to use a manual. That's a nice edit though, I should use it for my third clyp.

Play with the god damn thing and use the manual when you encounter an object that is unfamiliar for reference.

That's the manual b8e57dc469f9d8f4cea5-1e3c2cee90259c12021d38ebd8ad6f0f.r79.cf2.rackcdn.com/Product_Documents/MPD218-UserGuide-v1.0.pdf_083551a43e310c859ee1f809a765f16e.pdf

this shit doesn't recognize my daw's tempo, I want to off myself

Piano V was my favourite plugin ever, i'd sit there and play with one of the presets on there for hours. My Arturia is all FUCKED they just freeze if I load any of the collection. I've tried reinstalling and clean sweeping and stuff ;__;

>the mix is too sausaged
what does that mean
>don't get me wrong i'm all for loudness but if you're a perfectionist you can do it much better without burying all the instruments and your vocal.
how are they buried? how not to?
>pull back some volume levels too, guitar solo is too loud imo.
ok
>whole track is overcompressed in general.
true
>overall it's not bad, but you can clean it up more.
how
>also, you can hear a mouse click at the end kek
lol

instaud.io/3nUP

Why are my VSTs not showing up in Ableton?

I have them in the VST3 folder

Nevermind, my bad. My version of Ableton is 10.0.6 and VST3 is only supported in 10.1

there's definitely not a lot of huge fucking dorks online making gay electronic music and beats, thank god for you guys

homos

help with my non electronic music

I make 90s house music so I'm not sure how much help I am but the drums (mostly the snare) sound too compressed, the kick drum sounds too boomy in the lows and has no top end to it. Overall the mids seem to be lacking presence (maybe the general EQ is too V shaped?)

But all in all, sounds good if you're going for that compressed modern rock sound. Bare in mind this isn't my genre.

ye im going for a modern rock sound
to fix the kick's boominess is it just doing a low cut? and i already boosted its highs to a degree where it's beat is audible through shitty speakers with no lows, is its top end still quiet?
yea ill boost some mids
the master sounds too compressed/saturated indeed, gonna fix when i get home

I'm don't remember 100% sure what the EQing rules for band instruments are but I think the kick only needs the thump which should be around 90 HZ area so try to cut beneath that

ABL2 and 3 aren't appearing for me in Ableton

Any other recommendations on a good TB 303 plugin? Must have the step sequencer.

does this bang hard and is it lit
clyp.it/i20ba3m5

:( that ginea friend

I was reading the Live 10.1 beta release notes and came across this:
>Scale intervals can now be observed from Max for Live.

What does that mean?
Are they talking about the "Scale" midi device?

ableton.com/en/release-notes/live-10-beta/

Attached: 2019-03-06 14_43_38-Live 10 Beta Release Notes _ Ableton.png (507x122, 3K)

Not this shit again I WON'T HELP YOU THIS TIME FAGGOT

Data backups are cheaper than recovery or rebuilding.

I've realized something. Over the years I have listened to do much music that has inspired me. I have forgotten experimentation and originality because of it. I spend so much time beating myself up and comparing myself to others. I decided to listen to music I made nearly 6 years ago when I was 15. I have never heard anything like it, and it all roots back to me having no influences. I didn't know what ambient was, idm, etc. But I didn't realize I was making it. How do I get that sense of originality back again?

youtu.be/REbKLoX0kA4

This is probably a stupid question, but could i make black metal just with a daw alone?
I should probably just buy a cheap guitar and learn how to play first, right? I never wrote a song in my life and don't know shit about music theory. Will learning how to play the guitar make me a better musician?

if you learn piano you basically learn all instruments

bruh moment

You can to a reasonable degree of realism by using advanced romplers (programs that play recorded single-note samples in a realistic way and offer you minute control over every aspect of the instrument so you can finetune it however you want), which if done well will fool 99% of people, but experienced producers and enthusiasts will hear the difference.
I suggest Kontakt because it's cheap, easy to pirate, and has tons of high quality libraries to choose from.
There are other higher quality libraries, but they're not piratable as far as I know, so I don't recommend them if you're a beginner unless you're a multimillionaire with money to throw around.

If you're a begnner and want to practice composition, production, mixing, and mastering, this kind of setup is perfect for you.
Of course it won't teach you how to play an instrument, but you can always pick that up in the future (you should as soon as possible though, because playing an instrument automatically makes your composition 10 times better because of all the great music you've hopefully internalized during practice).

gib kontakt link

you need a guitar and an audio interface, tremolo picking is really hard to emulate without sounding like a synth
>Will learning how to play the guitar make me a better musician?
obviously yes

I got kontakt with substance and exhale, which i use mostly for making beats. Could you recommend any libraries for black metal? What kinda drum computer should i use? I can sorta play drums, enough for black metal, but i'm too broke to buy an e-drumkit atm.

www24.zippyshare.com/v/YPZJKzCZ/file.html
Taken from here:
audioz.download/software/win/153716-download_native-instruments-kontakt-6-v604-portable.html
Be sure to follow the instructions when installing it.

Sorry, no idea.
You'd have much more luck googling for forum threads where someone asked the same question.
Perhaps try narrowing the results to those within the past two years so you're sure you don't get outdated info.

superior drummer

I've found that the bassline is what makes music good for me. How do I learn this power? Read some book and play bass guitar for a while?

I got an audio interface already. Will i need an amp and effect pedals or can i just do all that via a recording program/daw?

how do I make a phat and wide bass without it having serious phasing issues when played in mono

Attached: 1530463633419.jpg (1024x768, 136K)

Best laugh of the day, keep at it man
Jealous of your guitar playing

sample is loud as fuck and a little long, but i like it

ABSOLUTE BANGER BRO, give download link

Anyone here use analog synths? I'm thinking about picking one up just to play around on, was going between the Deepmind 6 and the Minilogue.

Made a separate thread to ask, but thought /prod/ might know.

>Come up with bassline
>Can't figure out melody or chord progression

>Come up with chord progression
>Can't figure out melody or bassline

>Come up with melody
>Can't figure out bassline or chord progression

Attached: 1482562638449.png (556x430, 81K)

that's enough, if the pres on the interface are not complete crap you can get decent tones with amp sims

kilohearts phase distortion or comb filter

Sometimes when you can't figure out a bassline/melody you should just play the same thing for the other and vice versa. Then focus on your drums, and add background tracks that can be your variation

Good first midi controller for an absolute beginner?

Attached: 1500618332087.jpg (750x449, 34K)

Depends on your budget and daw. You can make pretty much any midi controller work with any DAW, but i'd recommend the novation launchkey mini for ableton or the akai mpk mini for fl studio. Those are your entry level controllers.
I'd highly recommend getting an Ableton Push, though and work with Ableton. Even if you're new and use FL Studio and Ableton looks complicated, the push makes it really easy and fun to use, because it's just so intuitive.
That's obviously just personal experience and there's a lot more controllers out there, but that's just my two cents.

As of now I've torrented both FL and Ableton to check them out, going through beginner tutorials before I decide to settle for one of them (Ableton more like my thing though).
Budget is ~200$ but can go higher if required.
Thanks for the recs.

Also, I can't seem to find any decently objective comparison between ableton and fl studio.
Which do you think would be a better choice to start out with?

In a study, the partecipants were asked to rank 6 posters from their most favourite to their least favourite, and when offered to take home one of two posters (their third and fourth choice), almost all of them chose to take their third favourite.
When asked to re-rank those same posters a few days later, the poster that they picked almost always shifted up in their ranking, and the poster that they didn't pick shifted down.
To account for the possibility of them liking their chosen poster more because they've spent more time looking at it in their homes, people with anterograde amnesia (who don't have the ability to create new long-term memories) were also tested the same way, and after choosing a poster, putting it away, and forgetting about partecipating in the experiment in the first place, when asked to rank the posters again, the one that they chose to take shifted up (even if they don't know that they own it), and the one they discarded shifted down, proving that it's not the owning that matters, but it's having chosen it that makes a difference.
Another experiment was made, exactly like the first one, but this time when the partecipants were given the choice to take home one of the two posters, they were repeatedly asked if they were sure, and were told that they were going to be asked again in a few days just to make sure that they weren't gonna change their minds, and that there would be no problem at all if they wanted to switch later.
The partecipant, after leaving with the freedom to change their choice later on and returning for a re-ranking a few days later, didn't have the previously seen shift in preference.
This shows that once we commit to a decision, our perception of our chosen option shifts to perceive it as more positive, and the options we discarded becomes perceived as less positive.

1/2

Depends on what kind of music you wanna make, but ultimately you can make anything with any DAW and it comes down to what you prefer. Most people will say that FL Studio is the easiest to learn for beginners, but i'd argue that that's true for any DAW anyway.
You can get a used Ableton Push 1 for around 180$, i think. Like i said, it makes Ableton really easy and intuitive to use, so i'd say go with that and then learn your stuff from there.

When faced with a choice, make a firm decision as soon as reasonably possible and commit to it. Prevent yourself from thinking too much about the "road not taken", and if you can, give yourself disincentives to prevent going back and revisiting the choice.
If new information comes that shows that your first choice was the wrong one, then by all means choose another option, but this doesn't usually happen because most choice involve similar risks, benefits, or positives and negatives, then greater satisfaction will come from firmly committing to the first choice.

2/2

Source:
My notes from the TTC course "Outsmart Yourself" (episode 07)

thepiratebay.org/torrent/16501543/TTC_-_Outsmart_Yourself

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:b2fcc73a88c131f8ba983ac24c894817b606b16b&dn=TTC+-+Outsmart+Yourself&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

----------

With that being said, outside of some specific niche needs Ableton and FL Studio are similar capability-wise, and are both very good, but having used both I personally think Ableton is a bit better overall, so I suggest sticking to that.

instaud.io/3o1x
does this all go together, or did i just listen to it for too long?
i know the sounds are probably shit, and it could use more variation. i just started this "song" today and kinda want to know how it's going.

Nice. I've been waiting for this since Live 7.

Attached: much needed change.png (826x391, 29K)

I'm yuropoor and there appears to be a total absence of used pads here, will probably go with either the akai or novation one. Thanks, user.

based scienceposter, thanks

I like how the changes aren't even consistent so now it's just blatantly more confusing

>format PC
>lose 4 years of shitty projects and all my samples
>re-install VSTs and try new ones out
>build a new and improved collection of samples
>updating from Live 9 to 10

This is honestly the best thing I've done for myself in years. My first tracks are already turning out so much better than anything before.

At least now we won't have to read a disgusting term like m*ster and sl*ve every time we want to jam

sjw virus

Fuck off with this bullshit.
That only happens when you pirate it, not when you buy it.

wtf did you say to me?

Ew stop harassing me Incel

ffs
What next? Gender fluid cable connections?

To be fair the male/female dichotomy is pretty backwards and a change in terminology would be more than welcome.
I don't see how you can disagree with this unless you're a transphobe (in which case your opinion doesn't matter anyway, so who gives a shit about what you have to say).

they had dilation stations at loop 2018

And that's a good thing.

only men have penises
only women have vaginas

2/10 just for making me respond

1/10 for responding to me

0/10 for making me feel dirty just by letting me know of your presence on the same website I'm on

negative points for not committing suicide when you know /pol/ exists

This picture is so fucking good

The low scum of society has to be somewhere.

Incoming blog post: I hate coming up with chord progressions, usually I waste a couple of hours making everything sound good, I should really start playing the keyboard more because playing a basic chord progression on acoustic guitar always sound dull

feedback on this?
> beats

clyp.it/iydhavbb

Attached: pardon me for being saucy.png (1600x900, 1.07M)

>discriminating against the BDSM community
Wow, I feel so attacked right now.

You cunts shouldn't have used such a racist term in the first place.
It was inevitable.

>Using incel as an insult

lepou has great plugins that are free. the name is gay though. you can play on your computer and see if you want an amp. for recording, just do it clean with plugins. you need ASIO and a small sample size or your latency with be to long when you hear the sound come out of your speakers

Ask yourself this question:
Would you still think incel shouldn't be used as an insult if you had sex at least once?

>the name is gay though
lepou means "feral dog" in french

not the guy you asked, but i have had sex and i think it's a boring insult

Sure user, we believe you.

I like it, it's fun to say and tickles my inner weeb.

How are the Alesis keyboards? I've been seeing their small midi keyboard around often, the one with the small drum pads to the left. Seems like perfect form factor. anyone can vouch for the quality?

desu i think i might be broken i didn't like it that much

youtube.com/watch?v=qpGfmb8Xt2E
Thoughts? Vocals are done in Norwegian if you're wondering

>Thoughts?
well first of all fuck you for youtube
second, out of tune. good idea but vocal delivery clashes the entire way because of it

How do you stop mixing while recording? If I EQ some tracks and compress others or sidechain some stuff to my kick is that too much if I'm still trying to get some parts recorded?

>is that too much if I'm still trying to get some parts recorded?
do you FEEL like it gets in the way? if you do just........ don't? dumb question honestly.

record FOR the mix if you didn't already know. that separates the pros from the sammys

would a professional mixing engineer/producer be able to turn a really shitty recorded rap vocal into a decent one through production magic so that normies wouldn't be able to tell the difference instantly?

A lot of people do a quick rough mix as they go, then do the proper mix afterwards. it's normal.

Depends on what the shortcomings of the shitty recordings are.
Some things are fixable, some are only improvable to a certain point (or are fixable in certain ways that have negative consequences like digital artifacts), and some things aren't fixable at all.

If you have a completely shitty unusable vocal, process it with a ton of effects that mask the defects and pretend it's done on purpose for stylistic reasons.

Can someone give me drum-breaks that aren't just a hundred different variations on the Amen Break?

Attached: 1551823235989.jpg (960x912, 173K)

>really shitty recorded
you cannot turn a shitty recording good. you can "fix" pitch, and to some extent timing. "shit in, shit out" as they say.

mediafire.com/file/bh04hx84k9dfla0/breakcore is not a good way to get laid.zip

I expect another silly pic as payment

Thank you user! Is this silly enough?

Attached: 1514439821948.jpg (540x405, 37K)

how's the levels now? is the kick still boomy? snare still squashed? anything weird? the master still sounds like a V eq?
instaud.io/3o5U

>having expectations
lmao

what is the folder called where these pics are saved?

yes, i giggled (:

get monitors and reference tracks so you can fucking hear yourself and stop relying on other people sammy what the fuck

>instaud.io/3o5U
i know this isn't helpful advce, but i hate the sound of your voice.

i already am using reference tracks and have a k240mkii

thanks

I know and you still need monitors
the reason you have to ask people all the time is because you either can't hear yourself or you don't know what to listen for: blame your gear or blame yourself

lol'd

i can hear shit but my mind's judgement is compromised

"videos". I literally just jam every picture I collect in one folder and for some reason its the video folder.

Attached: Apu.jpg (190x153, 5K)

>my mind's judgement is compromised
you mean you haven't bothered to learn

do you have the reaction faces all on that same folder

no i'll listen to very different eqs and go these all sound good in their way
it think this dirty mindset got worse when i was learning to use outside notes on my guitar

yes, I have everything from infographics, to screencaps, to reaction images, to paintings, to pictures of historical figures to webm's stored in the default "video" folder. It is very hard to find the picture I want to post most of the time.

Attached: 1512885093376.jpg (960x839, 63K)

>no i'll listen to very different eqs and go these all sound good in their way

if the result of the song as a whole is not good then you did something wrong

do my own plays count on clyp? (have an account and am logged in)

well my original mix (and remix) for that song werent too bad as you can tell. it's the little things, like the snare's too squashed, that i even listened for by myself before but didnt think it was too squashed. and the kick that i was thinking was too loud but i couldnt figure what was wrong - 90s house user said to cut before 90hz and that didnt sound

you can test that very easily, go suck a dick fag

>werent too bad
dude those things are very basic and should not have been problems in the first place

i did see that post about the kick and he's retarded. kick fundamental should be lower than 90 hz and highpassing there is quite ridiculous.

>you can test that very easily, go suck a dick fag
you don't have a right to insult anybody here sammy- you ask for help on very basic things while simultaneously acting like a dickhead, this is why people shit on you all the time

Yes, you idiot. They don't count on instaud.io tho.

This makes me so angry for some reason.

>kick fundamental should be lower than 90 hz and highpassing there is quite ridiculous.
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i wasnt wrong

>you don't have a right to insult anybody here sammy- you ask for help on very basic things while simultaneously acting like a dickhead, this is why people shit on you all the time
no, i do, because i'm talking something that i do. mixing is not easier than fucking F5ing and seeing if the listens count increased.

youre too angry tonite user

>fucking F5ing and seeing if the listens count increased.
i tried this and it was going up sometimes, but not others, and occasionally by two. so i asked.

Let me guess, you're one of the fags that uses that autistic vertical DAW with then crazy-assed workflow (I forgot the name of).

And it's 100% your fault user.

I know what you're talking about and no, I'm not that guy. I don't remember how that DAW is called either.

Anyway, stop being so negative. There's no Reason to insult other people's workflow.

they usually prevent counting your own plays through cookies

No. I'm just lazy and take the path of least resistance in most cases. I don't actually like things that are inconvenient.

>through cookies
if you haven't noticed clyp is kind of a shitty site
I have a few (very basic) privacy extensions on firefox and it logs me out every time i change the fucking page lol

if it's shitty make a better one then

too busy makin tunes
too poor to host. there are many utilitarian websites that need to exist for art

listened to the reference with more attention, i think it's closer now
instaud.io/3o6Z
i had too much damn highs

nobody wants to listen to every little update you make stop spamming it

pls daddy
just take a quick listen and tell what annoys you ABOUT THE MIX/MASTER

I already know what's going to annoy me about it because you make the same mistakes every time kiddo. and i listened to the last comparison you posted. there is very little difference. just quit this song and go write your own shit fag

i'm too afraid of writing my own shit

geez im even afraid of talking

heres one on my comfortable range
vocaroo.com/i/s1VJEqNAYIKV

Being a producer is easy the software does it all these days.

This but unironically.

fuckoff

>(You)

(totally not samefag)
>memeresponse

please stop posting in /prod/

I know the thread's about to die, but how'd I do? What do you think of this?

clyp.it/wickdebb

>please stop posting in /prod/
This but unironically.

Shitty title bor, not feeling yourself tonight?
Your bass sounds like bad grounding and the pattern it repeats makes me want to sigh and close the tab.
HOLY SHIT it does that same thing the WHOLE TIME.
Overall not bad for /prod/ but goddamn either vary something or bury it, don't keep super repetitive shit in my face cause I'll get bored to tears,

Anyone know if there's a way to disable auto coloring/naming of tracks in FL Studio? If I arm my "Bass" bus for instance and record it automatically goes to the playlist as a track, but it also colors that track the color of my Bass bus and names it "Bass". This is fine if it only did it for one track, but if I have loop recording on for a specific section it will keep coloring and naming a new track for each take, and there's NO WAY to delete multiple tracks at the same time, and NO SHORTCUT for deleting a single track either, so I have to right click, then click on "Delete" and then hit "OK" for every. Single. One. And it's pissing me off

It's an instrumental for a rapper

that's never an excuse

sigh

It kind of is. I mean as soon as someone raps over it, it will be automatically transmuted into shit anyway. Why put effort into making it good?

Attached: 1551392433413.gif (500x650, 839K)

Is Reason 10 on sale because Reason 11 is just around the corner?

>when you realize that just because random people start saying that they like your music, it still doesn't necessarily mean its objectively good and you probably still haven't "made it".

I'm about to go POSTAL

Attached: Eldritch.jpg (233x217, 11K)

Presumably yes. Likely to be out in April, also ver likely to be massive RE sale in May.
Rumored the player bundle is indicative that 11 will support MIDI out from VSTs.

Reason 10 was a really big upgrade. I got the full version on sale with Izotope Elements a month or so ago on Reverb for about 200.

>support MIDI out from VSTs
NO! Why did you have to tell me this? I was all ready to buy version 10.
>for about 200.
Nice.

>will support MIDI out from VSTs.
10 does have external midi support though, so you can easily integrate external hardware.
propellerheads.com/en/reason/instruments/external-midi

That part is just speculation by forum users, nothing officially mentioned yet.
It's presumed that 10.3 and 11 will launch at about the same time and 10.3 is promised to have much improved VST functionality, so that MIGHT be part of the free update, if it's even true at all.

Not as in external MIDI instruments, as in right now VSTs can't write MIDI to Reason's sequencer.
This means lots of the theory hack VSTs (Autotheory, Captain Chords, etc.) are not compatible with Reason.

>vocaroo.com/i/s1KKXERRrSJM
This is objectively good though.

Wait, you're not serious, are you? I thought you "made it" when people start saying your shit's good.

Attached: sadpu.jpg (255x198, 9K)

I see. Yes VST support isn't quite complete but but for the purposes of using a VST instrument it works fine 99% of the time.

STOP STALKING ME, YOU BASTARDS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Attached: 9c268155809b286fe60ca5259ceefd6b10c6596a6e1c3265487459e4ed8d67c5.jpg (480x596, 31K)

You officially "make it" when you reach your end goal. Whatever that is.

If you want a more objective definition of "making it" that applies to the largest possible group of people, I'd say it could be making a comfortable living with your music or having producers you respect tell you that you're good.

Random people on the Internet (or worse, people you know IRL) telling you that you're good means nothing.
I got told I was good when I made my first song, and I know for a fact that it was garbage.

friends you can recover corrupted hard drive data with some freeware and an IQ above 90, give it a try before you end it all

NEW

Sorry Hill, Won't do that anymore.

>friends you can recover corrupted hard drive data with some freeware and an IQ above 90, give it a try before you end it all
please just tell me how my IQ is like 12