Itt: music you listened to as an angsty teen that surprisingly holds up as an angsty adult

itt: music you listened to as an angsty teen that surprisingly holds up as an angsty adult

Attached: MCRThreeCheers.jpg (300x300, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YaBXFffhv68
youtube.com/watch?v=OMK05zS3GVc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 270px-Mindless_Self_Indulgence_Frankenstein_Girls_Will_Seem_Strangely_Sexy.jpeg.jpg (270x270, 31K)

hello, reddit

BUUURRRRRRNNNIIINNNGGG OUUUUTTTTT JUST LIKE A MATCH YOU STRIKE TO INCINERATE THE LIVES OF EVERYONE YOU KNEW

I didn't like that album, but Black Parade was decent.

Attached: Fall_Out_Boy_-_From_Under_the_Cork_Tree_-_CD_album_cover.jpg (300x300, 41K)

frankenstein girls rules, coked-out jimmy had a real ear for melody

AND WHAT'S THE WORSE TO TAKE FROM EVERY HEART YOU BREAK

MCR was always a fine band with good material

for me, it's this

Attached: folie a deux.jpg (1500x1500, 194K)

underage

This was just fun. You'll Rebel was way more appealing to teenage angst. Shit like the title track, Stupid MF and Bullshit were flagrantly critical of the popular music industry, perfect for outsider teenagers. Well, the album as a whole sort of was but those were the least restrained attacks.

what to heck man

i liked black parade listening to it the first time at 23 with no emo phase nostalgia or anything, it's just a good record
it actually makes me wish i had that kind of phase, it would have been cathartic and i would have made lots of friends and gotten into music earlier

early fob was the shit

this is surprisingly pretty good

Attached: GUEST_744eaa47-6a9a-4301-b054-372531b7d196.jpg (488x488, 168K)

No emo, emo pop, or pop punk

It was bad in 90s and the 00s and it still sucks now.

Thrash metal from '82-'91 holds up really well and death metal from '84-95 is timeless.
Rap rock and nu-metal held up pretty well from '89-98 after that it got really cheesy. Hardcore techno and happy hardcore was great from '92-00, after that it sounded like a clipped mess. The melodic metal craze which completely took off at around the same time as nu metal was worse than nu metal. At least nu metal had groove. Hardcore hip hop and gangsta rap from '84-97 is timeless, after that they forgot how to make a great groove as the foundation of the song As far as edgy, angsty teen genres go, that's all I can think of.

anyone else jam this one?

Attached: 6558958211b7cc21d8325ec2257dbc52.500x500x1.jpg (500x500, 389K)

k boomer

that album came out 11 years ago

I was a pretty big fan of Evanescence and early Lacuna Coil, which was enough for me to eventually get into Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride and the like. Still quite like early Lacuna Coil in all honesty, though they're pretty hit or miss post-Karmacode. Comalies in particular is still VERY much my shit, though. That album was my teenage musical awakening.

Attached: A Lesson In Romantics (Anniversary Edition).jpg (1800x1800, 610K)

Actually I was born in 1993.

nobody believes you were listening to golden oldies during puberty dude. it's okay, no one was cool when they were 14

Actually I listened to disco when I was in elementary school and I was listening to jazz fusion when I was in middle school. I was mad because everyone around me in middle school was listening to All American Rejects and Fall Out Boy and if I was lucky enough to actually engage in conversation with them I was trying to get them into Tower of Power and Parliament Funkadelic.

Attached: Alexisonfire_watchout.png (316x315, 148K)

Attached: minitahi_800x.jpg (800x800, 72K)

Attached: Motion_City_Soundtrack_-_Commit_This_to_Memory_cover.jpg (300x300, 31K)

my old friend

I actually listened to this as a 10 year old but I was pretty angsty

Attached: dookie.jpg (220x220, 25K)

Based

Attached: siam.jpg (220x220, 19K)

Shit's gud

Attached: 51363291_191279365167653_30483245535639521_n.jpg (500x500, 34K)

MCR is a great band, I would also add FOB and PATD, to make the angsty circle complete

pic related

Attached: 268x0w.jpg (268x268, 18K)

Apparently that is Green Day's "sellout" album even before American idiot happened.

FOB up until a couple of albums ago were great.

Catchy, interesting riffs, thoughtful yet funny lyrics full of wordplay.

I don't really listen to them anymore unless I'm running but they are objectively great.

love these guys
especially their debut and Battle of Los Angeles

Attached: rage-against-old-school2jpg.jpg (1200x630, 138K)

the guitar riffs hold up, the lyrics not so much

Attached: Asleepintheback.jpg (297x297, 28K)

still an angsty teen at 22 tho

Attached: 220px-Interpol_-_Turn_On_The_Bright_Lights.jpg (220x220, 4K)

Attached: MI0000146308.jpg (500x500, 53K)

this album is what got me into music
my chem might have a bad rep but god their music was so smart they really knew what they were doing

This is the edgy shit i listened to in hs and continue to (still emo at 23, theres no recovery)
>Discovering the Waterfront - Silverstein
>Sing the Sorrow- AFI
>All Hallows EP - AFI
>The Emptiness - Alesana
>Three Cheers - MCR
>Black Parade - MCR
>From Under the Cork Tree - FoB
>Folie a Deux - FoB
>The God & Devil... - Brand New
>Doppelganger - Fall of Troy
>Relationship of Command - At the Drive In
>Collection/Static Age - Misfits
> Crimson - Alkaline Trio
>Something to write home... - Get Up Kids

Nightwish, they have well written songs and great melodies at times

Came here to post this and Holy Wood

This album got too much hate among ETF purists. Thought I'd agree that it was all downhill afterwards.

Attached: Escapethefate-thiswarisours.jpg (320x320, 71K)

Alesana is amazing

Dying Is Your Latest Fashion is still a daily listen. Some of the songs suck but when it's good, it's good. Like Not Good Enough for the Truth in Cliche, Gullotine, Situations etc.

different user, what do you think of reverse this curse?

I'd agree that DIYLF was definitely better. I think reverse this curse is the only song I don't like on it, but at the same time it's not so bad that I skip it.

leave this board, femboy.

Two based posts in a row. Love and listen to both of these regularly. Great depressioncore

Based Get Up Kids poster. I feel like only people on the east coast have good appreciation for emo
>inb4 midwest emo

shut up stupid boomer

Slipknot and Iowa by them.

Attached: eric-harris-235982-1-402.jpg (300x300, 10K)

based

Attached: MI0000393986.jpg (400x400, 18K)

Attached: Deftones_Saturday_Night_Wrist_cover.jpg (1000x1000, 375K)

Attached: Dv9FeDiVsAAeGHB.jpg (1200x800, 84K)

Are you kidding me? Yea Forums, Fantano, Pitch4k, and reddit love this album.

Fuck it, someone has to post it

Attached: Linkin_park_hybrid_theory.jpg (316x316, 26K)

EVERYTHING YOU SAY TO MEEEEEEEE

ANAMABATOBREAK

Attached: TheRasmusDeadLetters.jpg (256x255, 16K)

INEEDALITTLEROOMTOBREAAAAK

I used to love this shit. These guys were honestly underrated as hell in the pop punk scene. Their follow up album was bad though.
youtube.com/watch?v=YaBXFffhv68

Attached: cover.jpg (925x925, 146K)

listening now, this is actually breddy gud

Carcer city, grunge sound that still holds up,
youtube.com/watch?v=OMK05zS3GVc

Dinosaur Jr - Where You Been
Soundgarden - Superunknown

BEEEEEEEERNING ON

Attached: hln.jpg (3000x1626, 563K)

Attached: 8yt87tvty.jpg (960x542, 73K)

For me, it's White Pony

gross

Dude, I'm 25

Attached: 4175f9d38b0846d7a414801777131394.jpg (770x770, 81K)

Oh shit I forgot they existed. Thanks for that memory trip.

The best MCR album imo. Still listening to it sometimes, even tho I'm a metalhead.

Rarity a slut

How much did your music taste change since you were 18 user?
I'm 18 now, but can't see my taste change in the future. Tho I think no one does, it just happens.

My philosophy is similar to one of my earlier posts. If it was good then it's good now. If it sucked back then it still sucks now. So I guess my answer to that question is very little to not at all.

Not op but was definitely towards the middle of college when friends of mine introduced me to progressive metal. Pagan's Mind, Riverside, Primal Fear, Freak Kitchen just to name a few. Completely changed my life and how I appreciate music. Then the 3 day Prog Power 8 concert happened and damn if I could relive that weekend and experience some of those bands live for the first time again.

Early MCR is legit fucking brilliant & I swear one day it will be recognised as such.

I'm 26 now, and my preferences have definitely changed over the years, but it's not so much because I've "outgrown" the stuff I listened to when I was younger, but more because I just don't find it as exciting after listening to those songs hundreds of times. I find myself listening to newer bands in the same genres, or different genres that have the same kind of energy but a different sound (like going from hardcore to aggressive hip hop or going from death metal to convergecore). I still appreciate (almost) all the same albums/bands I liked back then and even wind up revisiting something I used to like about once a week, but I don't stay too quickly or I get bored. Plus it takes me back to the mindset I had when I was in middle/high school, which isn't that great.

I don't wanna LIVE
I don't wanna BREATHE
Less I feel you next to me you take the pain I feel
WAKING UP TO YOU NEVER FELT SO REAL

Attached: 6fe969ee4807076085c7e1a3d4ecdb9d5559f67d.jpg (640x640, 90K)

Thoughtful post brah.

based 25 year old boomer

Attached: Blink-182_-_Dude_Ranch_cover.jpg (300x300, 33K)

LIIIIIIIIE TO ME

Attached: Tigers_Jaw_Self_Titled.jpg (220x220, 14K)

what happened to this skillet, I still love this album. Unleashed is so fucking awful LMAO

masterpiece

This, I still love all my old music

Infinity on High is the best FOB album but good taste still.
Also a good album, Collide with the Sky also holds up fairly well.

forgot to attach an image to my reply.

Attached: takingbacksunday_tellallyourfriends.jpg (500x500, 168K)

THE album to sing in the car with friends

The closer on this album is amazing.

Attached: Demon Days.jpg (1425x1425, 152K)

How has this or Nevermind not been posted yet?

Attached: In_Utero_(Nirvana)_album_cover.jpg (300x296, 22K)