He sucks

He sucks

Attached: a2164700527_10.jpg (1200x1200, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w2k1j7UAe0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I’m sorry you didnt like it, user. Sh-should i use m-more noises next time?

Yeah, anyone who thinks this is revolutionary in some way clearly hasn't heard of Plaid, Ochre, Squarepusher or Bonobo (probably other quirky IDM artists as well).

he's made the same track like 40 times. Yeah it's clearly well done and there is talent there but it's wasted by regurgitating the same tired shit again and again. And any time he dares to venture away from the formula it's not that great and lasts for like 8 seconds before it's right back to the repetitive garbage. but hey what can you expect from stupid fucking zoomers?

You suck.

it doesn't change the fact that he gave electronic music a new flavour

>he gave electronic music a new flavour

Attached: 1398232267515.jpg (450x444, 23K)

He really didn't tho. First off, nothing he did has caught on. Secondly all he did was take the house of the 90s that Aphex Twin and later artists made (OMG SO RANDOM) and did the exact same thing with Trap.

youtube.com/watch?v=w2k1j7UAe0k

Hating on things doesn't make you cool. Faggot.

Attached: 1524522070295.jpg (381x290, 24K)

>calling people names because they don't like the gay shit you like
yeah I'm cringing at you

none of the artists you named here sound like him, especially not the video.
stop trying to force your incorrect opinion, just accept that he's innovative, you don't have to like him but at least don't be stupid. he helped starting a new wave and thats a fact.

Attached: 1429020744153.jpg (480x480, 31K)

I think he's pretty good, but I think his stuff is a tad overproduced. I prefer Blank Banshee to be honest.

No, because they fucked with house music. Like I said, he's just taking the same overall aesthetic and applying it to trap. And of course he doesn't sound like any of the 90s and 00s IDM artists as they are much more talented than he is.

I don't really ever listen to EPs or singles but Neo Wax Bloom was great and up there among all the other albums that year.

Neo Wax Bloom is good except it's hard to tell most of the tracks apart, they blur into each other. There are a handful of specific tracks that stand out because they actually use structure well (e.g. White Gum, Teal Yomi/Olivine). The twin EPs were kind of forgettable. The novelty of his sound wears off very quickly.

kinda seems like a one trick pony... not sure what he will do in the future to keep it fresh.

The absolute state of modern music when this garbage artist can be famous

His songwriting is non existent. Music for people who think certain sounds are cool, he’s not doing anything creative

I guarantee you this bonehead doesn't know any theory. That is to say, both OP and his shitty meme artist.

>theory
why bother learning that when you can just crank up the bpm and play 30 samples/second so erratically that there's no time to focus on any of them and as long as it doesn't sound like TOTAL shit le ebin adhd generation will think it's deep and complex

Based and /thread

Kek, he actually sound nothing like them. Also fuck off with that pretentious idm gatekeeping. Show me someone he's actually ripping off or copying directly then I might believe you. Fact is, the kid is innovative. Like it or not it's true, he ditched the stereotypical 8/16 bar change up format (the one everyone you posted uses) and decided to do change every 4 bars or so, making it sound hyperactive. He also tries to stay away from looping the same thing over and over for a good while (again everyone you posted does this) and he creates all of his own sounds. He plugged leads into melons to create some sounds for his songs, I'd call that innovation. He also impliments rhythmic patterns from classical Steve Reich compositions, something that's uncommon in electronic. The way he chops vocals is better than most people I've heard. You can keep your wrong opinion if it makes you feel safe within your boring idm standards.

>He plugged leads into melons to create some sounds for his songs

That has to be the most reddity thing anyone has ever done to make a piece of music except playing a Ukulele while being white.

Attached: 1550183828630.jpg (480x712, 33K)

And death grips has an old man scraping glass against his face on YOTS. Not much different. Are you mad you didn't think of it user?

Where the actual fuck does he use Steve Reich's phasing technique? You're talking shit now. The music wouldn't even be danceable or have a pulse if he did that.

>MUHH THEORY
most musicians don't know shit about theory you drooling mongoloid

you can say the same thing about aphex twin lol, your argument is stupid

Oh yeah I'm seething because I actually spent time learning about composition and listening to sophisticated music while this stupid nigger was sampling fruit.

Tokyo/Vermont Couterpoint piece by Reich. He doesn't use the phasing technique and that wasn't claimed. I can't remember what song it's on but the rhythmic patterns are directly from the Reich piece. If you need I'll find the example.

GREAT producer - Shit songwriter.

>most musicians don't know shit about theory you drooling mongoloid

Indeed, how does that in ayway justify it though? Maybe you're the drooling mongoloid and I'm actually intelligent enough to realize its good to learn theory. Even Mozart needed theory. Is your shitty Kurt Cobain better than Mozart? Nope.

Attached: 1518076863142.jpg (493x345, 32K)

>artist steals something wholesale
>this is innovation on Yea Forums

formerly seeds

And where's your music user? It must be far superior and much more established than his. I mean your research must have payed off by now. How could you be beaten by a smol Scottish lad sampling melons with all your studies of composition and "sophisticated music"

seething that you spent time learning something that got you no where while this man plugs into melons and got famous lmao

muh muh muh mozart

There have been plenty of Charlatans in the discipline of music (two in this picture), who managed to eek out some space in the canon. This fucker wont even get that far.

Attached: imageggg.jpg (660x395, 75K)

Damn, now studying boring ass music makes you capable of determining the future and weather someone will be remembered? Does your pretentiousness know no bounds? Lmao, keep seething classical fag

you sound like the biggest incel on Yea Forums
good luck getting nowhere with your ''music theory''

T. Guy who thinks sampling is acceptable for entire rap songs but not repurposed complex rhythms for a single phrase

Attached: a0QjVgB_460s.jpg (460x687, 31K)

I'm already making everything I can imagine and discovering new things I previously couldn't have even imagined. That's literally all that matters. What are you fucking turkeys involved in music for attention? This is why none of you are true artists.

Attached: 1497674005448.gif (190x300, 1.54M)

No, in fact I don't think rap (or trap for that matter) is acceptable at all.

Attached: IdleConstantGibbon-size_restricted.gif (435x250, 1.27M)

>This is why none of you are true artists.
t. literally an amateur hack

Its nice for you to be so upfront about it user. Also nice use of the Finnish signing meme, touristboy.

>>posts gif of uptight music incel
>>doesn't understand the irony that HE is using that reaction image
Post music faggot so I can tell you that you've wasted your life. Also, you act like that isn't the process for any musician making a piece? Jesus you're insufferable my man

Umm, I understand the irony. If you were here longer than all summer, you'd know how to be shamelessly hypocritical and post-ironic as well, douchebag.

Attached: 575.gif (815x446, 1.22M)

If I posted my music you'd say its shit even if it was good because I insulted your highland blooptwink, therefore there's literally no fucking reason to post any of it. In other contexts I've been praised for my work.

>pic related
Also no I wouldn't lie to you, I've got no reason to dislike you for a difference I opinion, it's mostly the pretentious attitude that's turned everyone off of you. So yeah, I'll tell you my honest opinion because I have nothing to lose/gain by lying about it. I'll eat crow if you're right, but I doubt you are.

Attached: db0 (1).jpg (349x642, 29K)

being post-ironic and shamelessly hypocritical has nothing to do with pretending to be retarded. Its an extremely common sort of behavior on Yea Forums and, once again, you'd realize this is you weren't a newfag. Only a retard would think those things mean pretending to be retarded.

we all know your ''''''''''music''''''' is shit, just post it already so i can laugh and move on.

I like how you continue to call me names instead of refuting me. Nevermind the fact I've been here since 2010. Now either prove me wrong, or go cry in your corner.

I'm not saying you'll lie. But obviously I'm not going to post some kind of masterful symphony that will make you weep at the sheer beauty. You're simply too biased. It has nothing to do with how honest you're being.

Well I'm really sorry you haven't been able to build a rhetorical style that defuses any criticism directed your way.

>rhetorical style
>name calling and telling everyone how good you are with no proof
Actual man child.

ok keep your shitty ''music'' to yourself. but don't give excuses for being insecure about it.

Wtf, no he doesn't, his stuff is amazing. Shit thread.

I literally never even said how "good" I was. I just compared the merit of listening to advanced music (classical basically, particularly modern (but not contemporary because that's shit)) and learning theory, against jabbing alligator clips into a persimmons. Anyone who spurns theory is musically speaking, cutting themselves off at the knees. I'm just glad I eventually stopped falling for the postmodern relativism (I can do anything and its the best because I'm the one that did it) meme. I'm just headed on a artistically fruitful course than the guy fucking around with actual fruit.

IG is ok, Kai is ok but I feel a lot of his music is just edgy and jarring for the sake of being different and BABii is unironically based, I feel she'll do the best out of the three of them in the long run.

Based and shillpilled

I'm not insecure at all. I've posted in /prod/ many times. Usually I just get flak for bad sound design. But I have no interest in that shit, just composition. In fact most of the music I liked before I got into classical was just plain unmastered midi shit from the 80s.

>Bonobo
>IDM

Attached: tptasOn.jpg (736x1080, 75K)

/thread

Actually if you really wanted to, you could probably find my music in the current /prod/ thread. But I do expect you to do exactly what I said.

This. He needs to learn and innovate, or he's going to be forgotten. Take notes from Clarence Clarity and arca and produce less cluttered music with more time put into each individual sound and produce a pop album with a female singer. Right now, he's made a bunch of his own samples that he just spams every song, and it's getting boring, especially when the scales he uses are mostly the same.
You are just resentful that you spend your time on theory and not sound design, and sound design is more rewarded than theory.
Hey user, if you post your music and it is at least close to that of Iglooghost, people new to the thread not attached to a side will recognize such a thing and will speak up, even if the quality of the two is close.

Why would it sound like Iglooghost?

Ok fuckboy say it to my face that aphex twin isn’t a great songwriter

close in quality, not in sound. Also, I can see my resentment mark was right on point reading the rest of the thread. With that being said, people will still support you if it is at the quality you think it is at - it's not like you are the only one who thinks theory > sound design.

>you can say the same thing about aphex twin
No you can't. Aphex knows a lot of theory - which is why melodies are his strong suit - which is why he is the most popular "IDM" artist.

I'll link to my post in the /prod/ thread mostly to show you that, no I am not insecure about posting my music, neither am I posting my music for your benefit like some kind of dancing chimp either. I also don't think its close in quality to anything professional except in terms of composition (literally the only thing I care about and I said as much).

Hey retard, I never even mentioned Aphex Twin, learn how to use Yea Forums before you shill for your talentless hack

I was just about to ask if you played an instrument because I was looking through the prod thread and found that post - and I thought the writing style was similar. I guess I just have good intuition today.
Btw your music is pretty good (reminds me of a more dense Klaus Schulze) but you really gotta learn to mix. Some of the high end is too loud and really sharp (not in pitch, but in pain that my ears are feeling). Fix that and you'll improve. As long as you keep mixing an active thought in your head, you will improve sloyly mixing overtime.

Also set up a soundcloud, people very clearly like your music seeing from the number of downloads you are getting. When you do follow me @ edible window. I'm more of a sound design guy myself but I like your music.

>trap

Well, thanks for not shitting on me as a knee-jerk reaction user. I appreciate that. I don't know about soundcloud. My interests are more in being a serious composer eventually. I suppose a serious composer wouldn't take his best fugue and turn it into a beat but I'm pretty realistic about what kind of music I am able to produce at this point in time.

>he gave electronic music a new flavour
Last time I checked Iglooghost wasn't Savant

savant is and has always been for children