Nirvana is absolutely one of the shittiest bands ever in the history of music. Fucking change my mand...

Nirvana is absolutely one of the shittiest bands ever in the history of music. Fucking change my mand, I double dare you, faggots.

Attached: 15f0a0_6306172.jpg (1024x639, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zHvFosAvtvw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

beatles

They'd probably agree with you desu

Don't wanna.

You say it like it's an unpopular opinion. Anyone who stopped smoking weed in high school sees them as the flavor of the month pop band they are.

Are you the same guy hating on Nirvana on the other threads?

Yes.

Elaborate. At least defend your arguments. Why do you spend your precious time hating one of the most successful bands of the 90s on an anonymous site.

>succesful band means they're good
>they're popular, therefore, good
Not an argument.

Is this real?

I love Nirvana

Attached: 1551587932111s.jpg (99x125, 2K)

Hi, I’m Kurt Cobain. I agree, I can’t believe people still like us.

? I need to know, why you don't like them. explain to me. elaborate.

uhhhh they aren't good. at least until In Utero, because then Kurt actually writes lyrics that make some sort of sense and fit with the soundscape the band creates. still nowhere near as good as Soundgarden or Smashing Pumpkins though

is this just fantasy?

No one sounds like Kurt Cobain, nearly all other bands sound identical to each other

>No one sounds like Kurt Cobain
He stole his vocal style from Paul Westerberg
youtube.com/watch?v=zHvFosAvtvw

I think you are viewing Nirvana from a surface level which is a real shame. You're honestly as bad as any half-assed Nirvana fan because you're looking at them too objectively rather than considering the context of the music and the musicians. Kurt Cobain slid into a very dark hole (pun not intended) when he met Courtney Love, but the tragedy of his life has woefully resonated in some of his music. He was a man who allowed his love to blind him into his demise, and his dependency on heroin to ruin him, but what he started out as was a very intelligent, forward thinking young man. He held progressive beliefs and stuck to them. He was an introspective person. If his music can be enjoyed just for the surface level there is nothing inherently wrong with that. Sound and screaming is really cathartic, after all. But to hold the opinion that Nirvana is shit just because it grew popular is dismissing WHY it got popular. Here was a band that didn't give a fuck. It wasn't pretending to be anything, at least not from Kurt's perspective. To me he would have been very happy living his career playing small energetic gigs. The fact they grew so popular destroyed Kurt.

Attached: 101882-050-23416066.jpg (1076x1600, 313K)

and that dude from the Meat Puppets sounds a lot like Kurt in some songs

Agree theyre fucking terrible

Shit tier opinion.

Kurt was influenced by the Meat Puppets

Overrated? Yes. But About a Girl, Man Who Sold the World, In Bloom, and Heart Shaped Box are actually good songs.

They are overrated definitely but he had a way with chord progressions sometimes and was a pretty emotive singer. Lyrics are 50/50 legit sadcore and completely retarded

I feel like Kurt did want fame and success, just not on the level he eventually achieved. I mean, you don't fucking write a pop song like Teen Spirit which is so much more accessible and catchy than anything off your already decently successful debut record accidentally.

Well any musician wants fame and success, he admitted he did, but at the intensity it was served to him I think it was very damaging for him.

Also I don't see how Smells Like Teen Spirit is a pop song??? It's not pop, its an alt rock song (if you're purposefully trying not to throw the word 'grunge' around). Yes it was an accessible alt rock song, but there's nothing wrong with that? Nevermind starts of steady and then throws you in with 'Territorial Pissings'. Thats not pandering to pop.