Reminder that death metal is more closely related to hardcore punk than glam metal, and metal purism is ahistorical

Reminder that death metal is more closely related to hardcore punk than glam metal, and metal purism is ahistorical.

Attached: MV5BZGI1NzY4YTEtOTQwNy00ZDlmLTg0MTAtYWY4MTZiMDM5ZDRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg (1200x705, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K3b6SGoN6dA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Death metal is not related to punk at all other than to pleb ears. Noisiness is not a musical similarity, just like only retards thing grind is similar to death metal because to the untrained ear it sounds like it. Death metal is full of grandiose musical complexity and intricate melody, like all real metal.

You're hilariously retarded, and you don't know a thing about death metal. The members of Morbid Angel, Obituary, Deicide, and Possessed were very into punk. Also, the crust punk/grindcore bands that moved into death metal, like Napalm Death and Carcass, became some of the most important and influential bands in the death metal genre.
I recommend suicide.

This is true. Only Europeans would disagree.

Objectively wrong

Attached: 1551303244079.jpg (600x467, 51K)

and by the way, grindcore basically was English hardcore punk taken to the most extreme point
Lee Dorrian, the man who popularized growling, was a punk back in the day

any purism will necessarily have a degree of historicism in order to account for the moment of each occurrence's inception, especially if one moves from, say, formalism, to, say, PURISM, which almost without fail has embedded within it a historical desire.

glam metal isn't metal
i bet you're one of those retards who thinks zeppelin is heavy metal because rolling stone said so

So? Who cares. I still enjoy it all.

Any kind of genre purism is cancerous. I wish I could say that a band doesn't seem like a punk band without sounding like I'm talking shit

Fucking hilarious.

Glam metal is for queers

Glam was garbage music and just an excuse for their faggot fanbase to dress up like tossers. Just like punk.

I mean Bowie was good

>"intricate melody"
> doesn't know about mainly rhythmic/percussive genres like slam
SAD

70s glam rock is one of the best things to ever happen in rock music. 80s glam metal is one of the worst.

I think a point can be made that the aggression aspects of metal all come from Punk, and punk plus it’s sub genres have also always been more aggressive. This can be seen from how The Stooges just shit on Sabbath in terms of viciousness though I prefer Sabbath, and even today where hardcore shows are a lot more intense.

Another point can definitely be made in terms of how people think death metal’s reputation for being a more one dimensional, blunt metal genre somehow cancels how all the other subgenres have had stuff like clean guitar sections, more melodic riffs, diversity in songwriting approach, etc. before, during and after death metal. So they try to apply these principles to the rest of Metal even though it’s a false premise to begin with.

But I have no clue what you’re talking about, OP.

>le bowie
you have to go back

More like you go back

I thought this was common knowledge. Slayer even did a whole album of punk covers (I know Slayer aren't death metal.)

Attached: morbidangel.jpg (770x1152, 97K)

Part of it's what you just said. The early death metal bands were very influenced by American hardcore. I will say, I've never heard Chuck Schuldiner talk about punk. However, I have heard the Obituary guys talk about it. Critically, NYHC was an extremely important influence on the New York death metal bands that shaped brutal death metal, like Suffocation and Cannibal Corpse. The thrash bands that laid the foundation for death metal, like Slayer and Celtic Frost, were very into punk. Obviously Napalm Death and Carcass started out grindcore and had their roots in crust punk, but they went on to really shape the death metal that came after them. Going back to grindcore, some of the key grind bands were really much more metal than they were punk, like Terrorizer. Even the straight up punk bands in grind, like early Napalm Death, were notably big fans of the Florida death metal scene. I know people have mixed feelings about the Swedish Melodeath bands, but I know the guys in At the Gates were very into crust. It's all very intertwined, so the anti-punk sentiment of some metal purists here is fabricated.

Going back to when punk sped up with NWOBHM, a lot of that happened because of punk. I don't normally think of Motörhead or Venom as NWOBHM, but they were tangentially related, and they were both extremely into punk. Judas Priest and Iron Maiden both disliked punk, but they sped up and upped the aggression to compete with punk.

The 80s LA punk/metal rivalry was really between glam metal and hardcore punk. The thrash bands like Metallica and Slayer were firmly on the punk side of that divide. So were early doom and sludge bands in other parts of the country, like Saint Vitus and Melvins, respectively.

sabbath were pretty intense at times
youtube.com/watch?v=K3b6SGoN6dA

pleb tier opinion: punk sucks, metal is better
brainlet tier: punk is alright, but only crust punk and D-beat
middlebrow tier: punk and metal are both great
enlightenment tier: punk is better than metal, especially oi!

>enlightenment tier: punk is better than metal, especially oi!
lol

Attached: 15413856551353266.gif (444x250, 426K)

>Going back to when METAL sped up with NWOBHM
sorry, mixed that up

>rock is dead
>metal is dead
>rap is not dead

>Ur mom is dead

t. anti-oi! testosteronelet

humongous ale gut cunts who didn't see their dick since thatcher isn't exactly proper testosterone level men

>le bowie is ebic, im not leddit trash