Why would anyone still use this?

Why would anyone still use this?

Attached: 6a00d83452989a69e20120a942f7e5970b.jpg (800x429, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F-IOfQv35Bk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For fun

hipster-ism

For those comfy pops between tracks

How else do I sell my dungeon synth releases?

speeding up or slowing down the tape effect which does not properly sound when reproduced digitally. Try to get the same smooth, analogue, sped up, high pitched vocals effect like Ween did on a DAW.

All I really want is the sine wave sweep at the start and end of the album.

drums sound sick

fuzz guitar sounds great too. like directly into tape. no amount of VST fuckery can do that.

Tape is cheap

where can I cop one of these bad boys

garage sales?

I'll sell you mine, I got this exact one.

Tape really makes shit sound good, it adds a warmness to it, fills out the low end, mellows out the highs, digital recording has a glassiness to it which is cool and all but not nearly as comfy

Digital is for plebs with no taste for good production or any skill in sight songwriting. If you use a daw (DIGITAL AUSCHWITZ WORKSTATION), your music is soulless and stale, lacking in warmth and feeling, and you're more than likely a hack. No matter how hard you try to emulate it with your little gadgets and gizmos, it cannot be reproduced. Enjoy your AIDS, faggots.

this
some instruments just sound better with with it.
depends on the genre of course

lmao HDD space is free and 100x more

Based and based

oh fuck this is the best post on Yea Forums right now

it's easy and fun

reverb maybe

so there is really cool genre called lo-fi, you might not have heard of it but I would recommend listening to it

You need Cd-r for physical release

Ebay for 300 bucks after lofi chill beat idiots and tapeloop copycats showed it on their youtube channels

Unfortunately so, they're getting so expensive :(

for a literal hands-on experience

already hoarded like 6 of these ;))

have the one in OP photo, already upgraded with better opamps. the 414, and the Porta 07, and some other fostex and yamaha.

so I can do a bunch of heroin in my single bed apartment and make a masterpiece
youtube.com/watch?v=F-IOfQv35Bk

Nice man, I have 2 424's, think I'm going to pick up the 488 before they become worth 1,000 bucks

get a R2R 8 track

why? Tape is expensive.

Ehh they seem like a pain in the ass, they're big and expensive and the tape seems like it'd be hard to get ahold of, they sound good in sure.

cutting tiny dicked cassette tape into 8 parts is too much. better use wider tape at faster speed. you know, to make it all worth the effort.

By this logic, then you might as well switch to digital because it's even easier.

i never talked about ease of use, where are you taking this from, champ.

That's fine, you didn't refute what I posted anyways. Try again

It doesn't sound the best but I don't care, I usually end up bouncing multiple times which degrades the sound down a lot and having four extra tracks would be much better for stereo panning.

moog then?