Rick Beato

Can Yea Forums link me some music made by him? I really like his videos, just wanna make sure he's not one of those Jacob Collier types (whose music amounts to nothing despite his advanced theoretical understanding)

Attached: Rick-Beato2_large.jpg (479x374, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ikGyZh0VbPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GVObozka9YY
discogs.com/artist/739088-Rick-Beato
youtube.com/watch?v=G9r-ncL31JU
youtube.com/watch?v=FC3VVWNIoVA
youtube.com/watch?v=aiHYZ5W5g_4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he ghost-wrote this
youtube.com/watch?v=ikGyZh0VbPQ

Of course he doesn't make music. But he wants to tell you that you're making music incorrectly.

Attached: Idiot.png (754x904, 525K)

People who know music theory are usually only capable of writing easy listening muzak and vapid modern classical music.

good one

he's a producer not a composer

Guys please I'm not looking to shit on the guy for being educated whilst I post on a board that promotes """chillwave lofi trap beats"""

I'm genuinely curious

Yeah he talks about producing but I find it extraordinary to believe he's never written a song and put it out there — also I remember reading on a previous Rick Beato thread something like "his songs are rubbish" but what are those songs, hm? Link plz? :'(

bump

His 80s and 90s guitarists videos make me cringe.

From his Linkedin

>He also co-wrote the platinum selling county hit “Carolina” with Parmalee in 2013, which climbed to #1 on the Billboard’s Country Music Chart. Since starting his Everything Music YouTube channel in June of 2016 he has grown the channel to nearly 400k subscribers and has a second channel which features a nightly discussion program called Rick Beato Live.

youtube.com/watch?v=GVObozka9YY

It's shit

Also

>Rick, for the past 20 years, has also been known as a music producer who has worked with artists such as Needtobreathe, Muddy Magnolias, Jump Little Children, Charlie Mars, Parmalee, Shinedown, BoysLike Girls, Stuck Mojo, Trey Anastasio and Aydin Esen. He has had success in truly diverse he genres like producing Shinedown’s 1.7-million-selling album, “Leave a Whisper” and two albums for the band NeedtoBreathe – “The Outsiders” (2009) and “The Reckoning” (2012) – which won Dove Awards in the Best Rock/Contemporary category.

Yeah knew about this country song — is there really nothing else in terms of songwriting?
thanks user :)

I just don't like him. Sorry.

Holy shit look what I found

discogs.com/artist/739088-Rick-Beato

The music he's been involved in is very mediocre. His calling is to be a youtuber. He's pretty good at that.

Holy shit he's written 11 songs for other people

>tfw no recordings of the punk bands he played in

Well there's this
youtube.com/watch?v=G9r-ncL31JU

Well Yea Forums btfo

Preludes and Etudes Vol.1

youtube.com/watch?v=FC3VVWNIoVA

Have you not heard his compositions at the end of some of his theory videos? If not, that’s where I believe you can hear the majority of his writing.

holy shit didn't know Rick played with Colaiuta

this guy is a cuck

said who

He features his music all the time in his theory lessons. Here's one from his often retitled Why Postmodernism in Music Sucks (is bad)

youtube.com/watch?v=aiHYZ5W5g_4

To me his music sounds like something Temple OS shit out.

Also do you not hear the piece at the beginning of most of his videos?

Attached: tumblr_n91ekd4iIT1t06hqzo1_500.png (483x404, 144K)

What, when he was fuckin' 8?

Attached: 1551575370031.png (514x676, 465K)

Is this what's called Fusion Jazz?

Attached: 1551194702078.jpg (473x591, 37K)

>t. bitchface

This guy's a horrible teacher

maybe you're just retarded

The only way you'll understand what he's talking about is if you already know what he's talking about. Awful teacher

the only way you'll understand human speech is if you already know what human speech is

Dumb example. Imagine if your teacher never taught what an adjective is but just started talking about different categories of adjectives