What is the best Pink Floyd album?

I think it's ummagumma. At least they tried something.

Attached: 118662882.jpg (1024x1024, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mhwL4VIcm9k&t=24m50s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think animals speaks to me most clearly. It's personal preference bro.

its even better played live, especially the studio side

youtube.com/watch?v=mhwL4VIcm9k&t=24m50s

Attached: shdw-1-2-back.jpg (1000x1006, 339K)

I wish it wasn't Dark Side of the Moon, but it is to me.
Meddle is second best though, it has Echoes, their best song, and One Of These Days which is the best rock instrumental ever imo.

That was pretty avant-garde, wasn't it?

The best to me is perhaps the least Pink Floydish album: Piper at the Gates of Dawn. It's kind of Monkees meet Satanic Majesties Request. And it's the most satisfying melodic LP the group ever made. Losing Syd's services was a tragedy for the band.

I like Ummagumma more than most Floyd fans I think. The Live side is god tier and The Narrow Way and Granchester Meadows are good studio tracks. Sits about 5th in my personal Floyd rankings.

Animals is tops.

Barrettfags are the fucking worst.

Attached: D7B5D746-4CFF-4A5C-BEF0-45533D2AD82A.jpg (1080x1440, 811K)

Wish you were here and only because it has their best song, Welcome to the Machine desu

Are you serious???!

Sysyphus Part 2 and the first half of Part 4 are really good as well and go unmentioned a lot

Attached: Richard Wright Pictures (35).jpg (796x1100, 127K)

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn is their best album. Best thematically, best melodically and best lyrically.

I guess... if you like Monty Python put to music.

>Lyrically
Lying on an eiderdown
Yippee
You can’t see me
But I can you

I want some of what you’re smoking if you think Barrett is a better lyricist than Waters.

The most patrician answer.

Attached: Atom Heart mother.jpg (1300x1300, 216K)

Monty Python put to music would be miles ahead of Piper, don't believe the "john cleese is reddit" meme

you'll want to take a lot of amphetamine, pot and mushrooms if you plan on seeing it how I see it.

I have no problem with Piper. It’s a good album. But putting it above Animals or DSOTM is just ignorant and asinine.

>you have to be retarded to truly understand!

No thanks. I like my life the way it is. Comfortable and halfway successful. If you’re using Amphetamines on the reg I would strongly suggest you seek help.

Only Floyd albums that are worse are AMLOR, The Endless River and maybe the More Soundteack. Ugh. Shit taste.

Btw notice how the band members change positions as the reflection recedes

And Piper, and Final Cut, and everything on Meddle that isn't Echoes...

I'm prescribed amphetamine, it's not a negative thing. Neither is smoking pot or taking mushrooms every once in a while. My life is well put together.

>I'm prescribed amphetamine

so you're admitting that you're retarded

Atom Heart Mother Suite is better than everything on Animals except Dogs. You're just a pleb

My top 3 are Animals, WYWH, and The Atom Heart Mother.

But I like almost all Waters era Floyd.

Ummagumma has its selling points, but he studio parts are a bit of a mess and I can't call live albums or greatest hits the best floyd album.

taking prescriptions means your life isnt together, mate

hmmmn. I'm a fan of Pigs (3 different ones)

also, the nile song is their best song

Yes

post-barrett pf is just queen for stoners. it's consumer garbage

Rate my fav

Attached: Pink_Floyd_-_The_Pros_and_Cons_of_Hitch_Hiking_(JPSM).png (700x700, 1.08M)

Nice use of irrelevant Buzzwords.

and barrett pf is the mamas and the papas for lsd losers. truly an awful band through and through

neither of you are nor have any chance at becoming a career musician. enjoy comfort and half success.

Found the meth user

I tend to agree. I like a few Barrett era pf songs, but they are mostly cloyingly cute and I suspect the band would have ended up like Tommy James and the Shondells if he hadnt flipped his lid

proper assumption jackass, haven't touched anything close to uppers in a while but I'm guessing you've never urgently needed an amphetamine as a tool?

>I'm guessing you've never urgently needed an amphetamine as a tool?

the lengths junkies will go to rationalize their addiction lmao

lmao enjoy your mom's breastmilk til 35 retard

1. Wish You Were Here
2. Piper at the Gates
3. DSOTM

everything else sucks

this is what meth does to your brain huh :(

You don’t know me. Was addicted to that poison for most of the ‘90s. Seen friends & family die or go to prison. Single father of 3 boys because of it. Don’t assume man. Meth is bad news. Period.

methamphetamine =/= amphetamine.

was addicted to meth myself but haven't touched it since sophomore year of high school, spend 6 months regularly using. been there, done that. family dies, I've been to prison. it's dark yeah. which is why moderation and self control are important. think about the possibilities of being able to stay up overnight with complete focus if you use it responsibly. the wrong way of use is using for euphoria and escapism.

Saucerful of Secrets is their best psych-era album
Wish You Were Here is their best prog-era album

>think about the possibilities of being able to stay up overnight with complete focus if you use it responsibly.

the lengths junkies will go to rationalize their addiction lmao

lmao the lengths abandies will go for attention

I left you hanging already twerp move on

andagain your reply is only tenuously related to my statement, and barely attached to reality. can't you see how much damage you've done to your brain?

what are you even saying jackass? I took an asvab literally 5 months ago for Navy and got a 92 without studying. I really don't need to prove anything here.. I'm offering my perspective towards a possible responsible drug use and all you're pushing is your abandonment issues.

>use of made up words like "asvab" and "abandies"
>breastmilk and abandonment non sequiturs/projection

yep, it's brain damage

>doesn't know what an ASVAB is
yikes
I'll give you abandies but I assumed you'd need less of a spoonfeeding, even though I gave it to you
abandie = abandonment issue

you clearly show signs after I blew you off and you replied to me again for attention

Either Wish You Were Here or Animals.

Dark Side of the Moon, Division Bell, and Wish You Were Here

riling up a seething junkie != abandonment issues, you braindead dunce. also ASVAB is some american test huh? no wonder you managed to pass it despite your damaged psyche

11/10

yikes, alright buddy dare I ask where you hail from lmao

Boy this thread took a dark turn. I preferred it when we were arguing about Pink Floyd.

>yikes

well I'm not from leddit, unlike you

This. It was the first time you couldn't deny that they had merit beyond their initial success as a psych pop act. The title track is actually a really beautiful piece, the only flaw was Ron Geesin's involvement.

>think about the possibilities of being able to stay up overnight with complete focus if you use it responsibly.

Borrowed time my friend. You’re always going to have to pay it back somehow someway. Whether that be physically coming down, legally or mentally. A vicious circle that leads to full blown addiction. Be careful. I wish you the best. I honestly do.

It's pretty funny. They both keep responding just to insult each other more, they're completely engulfed by blinding fury at an anonymous stranger online lmao

I get you. but I haven't touched it in years regardless. was an irrelevant derailment that deserves a different setting for discussion than here.

More likely that they're both convinced they're trolling the other party for (yous)

True dat. Peace.

this is 10/10 and one of the most under-appreciated rock albums of the 70s

honestly Floyd's finest moment, which is ironic considering this was a complete disaster at the time