1-3 clapping

am I the only one that doesn't understand the whole 1-3 & 2-4 clapping thing?

I recently learned that clapping on 1-3 is bad and musicians hate when people do it, but all the videos that explain how to correct it to 2-4 are too obscure for me to understand.

For example this one

youtube.com/watch?v=UinRq_29jPk

this is supposed to be an example of how the musician corrects the public, but to me the whole clapping during the video just sounds the same, in other words I don't understand when is wrong and when is corrected.

Attached: aadasdsa.png (665x525, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/3n89
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Happens around :45. Also, the idea that any sort of comprehensible music-making is bad is the product of a fascistic culture, of which the culture of musicians is perhaps the most offensive.

kicks typically go on 1 and 3 and snares are on 2 and 4. i imagine claps throw them off

>the idea that any sort of comprehensible music-making is bad is the product of a fascistic culture
Fuck off, they sounded fucking retarded.
Control your autism.

>swears
>uses trite insults
>engages in musical degeneracy

yeah, that checks out

I think I can hear it now, the clapping rythm after :49 sounds better.

>the idea that any sort of comprehensible music-making is bad is the product of a fascistic culture
Lmao is funnier every time i read it

It happens at 39 seconds. If you can't count time signatures you should still be able to feel a weird 'lumpy' extra bit at 39. He just switched to 5/4 for one bar then back to 4/4.

I'm sure theres a deeper reason why, but emphasizing on 2 and 4 feels and sounds better and is the most common way to do it. The claps add a kind of forced emphasis and when its not when you're expecting to play it it feels weird.

Which is autistic af, because he could listen to the click and had the audience mics muted for the video

Why do you care if he wanted them clapping on beats 2 and 4 or not?

>Why do you care
I don't, im just pointing out his faggotry

And what exactly makes it 'autistic' and 'faggotry'? You seem pretty desperate to prove you don't like it when he did something you clearly don't understand, sounds like you care to me.

>He just switched to 5/4 for one bar then back to 4/4.
that's actually genius

>You seem pretty desperate to prove you don't like it when he did something you clearly don't understand
Im just replying to you, nice assumptions.

Your weakest deflection yet.

Lol that's so cool ahahah. How he pulled that off
I'm putting your bait right into the trash can, unfunny person

>Your weakest deflection yet.
Dude a chimp can count time signatures, get your head out your ass

>I'm putting your bait right into the trash can, unfunny person
>Caring about how people claps
>Not beta
Yeah its cool but not a fucking revelation

I'm still not seeing any explanation as to how this makes him autistic.

OCD joke, geez user you must be fun at parties

because they're accentuating what is usually a kick with claps, which are usually 2-4. Think 90s hip hop, or house music. If it went clap KICK clap KICK, it'd sound all fucked up. That's my guess anyway. Maybe it gets him because he's got the rhythm in his head hearing the boom bap, but then normies start going bap boom, so it's throwing him off?

Impressive how he fixes it anyway

actually i didnt watch until the big band kicks in. He does it because when the band does kick in, if they were clapping 1-3, it would really sound stupid and primal

i made an example, i didnt have a clap so i just used a trap snare, but it should still prove the point

instaud.io/3n89

The main reason why musicians like the 2/4 claps is probably because of the swing they give to the music.

The 1/3 claps sound very "on bar" so to say. This gives the song a very un groovy feel.

The 2/4 claps give out a more rhytmical and flowy vibe to the song.