Ariel Pink General:

Lets talk early Haunted Graffiti. Does anyone here know if the missing numbers in the series actually exist or whether it was just a goof?

Also, if they do exist, have they ever surfaced?

Attached: 2e138ca89f6afeabde9a3e467ab8299a--ariel.jpg (236x236, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fa76c04G744
youtube.com/watch?v=XAtDTup3eNY
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5b2ruj1dc_2b2Zlc3lKZ3Z6RDA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SJjbCi1EGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=t_sTCz_-kvI
youtube.com/watch?v=1vy9vJGSWYg
youtube.com/watch?v=zVbbDkMmMs8&t=31s
youtube.com/watch?v=0wmi1UfwWdo
toppodcast.com/show-detail/?showId=4078271
youtube.com/watch?v=juBUVvK1x2o
youtube.com/watch?v=juBUVvK1x2o&t=27s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Posting some classic Haunted Graffiti in the meantime youtube.com/watch?v=fa76c04G744

youtube.com/watch?v=XAtDTup3eNY

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5b2ruj1dc_2b2Zlc3lKZ3Z6RDA

here's the rare ariel drive if anyone wants

Is this the best AP song?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SJjbCi1EGy4

retarded ass cucktano didn't like this
youtube.com/watch?v=t_sTCz_-kvI

he has very bizarre tastes when it comes to synth based music/tracks.

Who's heard oddities sodomies? some of his best stuff imo
youtube.com/watch?v=1vy9vJGSWYg
Underground: 1
The Doldrums: 2
Scared Famous: 3
FF>>: 4
House Arrest: 5
Lover Boy: 6
Holy Shit EP: 7
Worn Copy: 8
think the source you're looking at might just be missing some numbers, unless there's something i'm missing

Tis a big boi toon

Doesn't even have house arrest, Loverboy, I'm not a genius or worn copy

That makes sense. I didn't realise that the ones that weren't numbered were still considered part of the numbered releases.

to be honest, I just got those from wikipedia though the general consensus seems to be that there are 8 in the series

Yeah, it seems to mostly consist of live stuff and demos. Not the myriad of cassettes he had recorded in that time between Before Today and Worn Copy

my favorites for the early stuff: miyagis, campfire

later stuff: fright night, another weekend,

>Not Hardcore Pops Are Fun, Netherlands, Credit, Life In La, Witchhunt Suite For WWIII

let's not forget how fucking tight the band is in this session youtube.com/watch?v=zVbbDkMmMs8&t=31s

Although I think losing the early 2010s band lineup has resulted in some pretty good studio stuff (Pom Pom, DTBJ) they performed so well as a live unit - I doubt he'll ever get a better group of people together to perform his stuff live

after posting this I realise thats not actually the lineup i was referring to - still very good
youtube.com/watch?v=0wmi1UfwWdo
this is worth checking out

Yeah, to be fair, the live show doesn't seem remotely as good as it once was. He doesn't seem like he's having fun anymore. I know it was always kind of his schtick but he now seems genuinely washed up when performing live. Having said that, the guy hasn't really made a wrong step in regards to his recorded output since finding his way into the indie mainstream

I wish there was more from this session

New reissues for this year, frens. @24:20

toppodcast.com/show-detail/?showId=4078271

t. Ariel Stalker

Attached: 0c9.png (657x527, 206K)

was trying to limit it but i like those

>Witchhunt Suite For WWIII
unironically a masterpiece

>tfw no complete recordings of ariel pink box set

Back in the day pre ‘05 he would play with a Marshall stack and like a boom box and a guitar

what's the date of this podcast?

I IMAGINE this will be coming by the end of the 2020’s. He has such a heavy following by critics and fans that by the end of the decade (or before) he’ll have enough followers and new musician admirers that he’ll re release a lot of stuff. I love Ariel and his music.

Attached: C77F1153-8ABD-47D1-8451-B6CED04FDC28.png (1334x750, 620K)

Contendor along with New Trumpets of Time and Life in LA

Is he actually retiring? Also he was on the Bret Easton Ellis podcast in 2015 and it was interesting.

Jan 5th 2019

He's probably tired of constant touring for long stretches. He'll probably focus on more background-oriented stuff like reissues and production.

Hmmm... interesting. After his micro-breakdown after breaking up with his 19 year old gf

That’s true. I don’t blame him. He was always on the cusp of becoming bigger but I think his career always sort of existed right below the surface no matter how much acclaim he got. Also touring (no matter what level of success one has monatarily) is draining after a long time.

I always wondered if he’d get me too’d but it hasn’t happened yet.

I agree -I've heard him say multiple times in interviews that he doesnt really like performing
having said that, I saw him in 2017 when he was touring DTBJ and he was pretty decent
youre right about the recorded stuff, I'd go as far as to say that he's never had an unremarkable mainstream release
I don't think so, potentially from touring?
youtube.com/watch?v=juBUVvK1x2o
this was released on R Stevie Moore's YouTube since those statements - dunno if it's new music but may suggest he's not packing it in
also heard rumours of a John maus collab album that i desperately wanna believe is gonna happen

I feel like it's coming. Wait until he releases another record and the buzz starts to build, that's when they'll decide to take him down a peg.

Fucking vultures...

To be fair, she seems pretty bright considering her age. She didn't necessarily defend his actions but she didn't throw him totally under the bus either

I know him and John toured together and possibly bounced off each other on their records but idk if they’ve made a record together full on. I remember Jason Falkner discovering Ariel in his Marshall stack days and asked him if he liked Stevie Moore and he was like “yeah he’s the best.”
I’m waiting for it as well
She’ll make a full in statement in the future but not yet I imagine.

What do you guys think about this?

youtube.com/watch?v=juBUVvK1x2o&t=27s

This is incredible but there's like zero info on it

I like how his songs grow on you until it stays in your head forever.

All i know is that it's gonna be a track on Odditties Sodomies Vol. 2

and if you answer the question in the video correctly you'll get an email with the song

Do most of these tapes even exist?

Attached: 0900-90.png (1191x588, 48K)

Probably a way to perpetuate myth as he was coming up, but I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them existed.

I've been getting into Ariel lately bros, always loved pom pom but I'm checking out the early stuff and holy fuck. 'The Doldrums' and 'Before Today' are incredible

Attached: bateman headphones.jpg (627x568, 31K)

Wait until you hear House Arrest and Worn Copy

nah i don't think a record currrently exists but John Maus has said on a couple of occasions that a collab might be in the works

highkey one of the best comps of all time

Attached: aae79e5f.jpg (320x320, 32K)

Honestly he could’ve put any track in any album in any order and it would’ve been good.