Is System of a Down a meme band?

>be me, two years ago in high school
>talking to a girl about music taste
>i tell her my favourite band is system of a down
>she laughs, and asks "seriously?"
>I say yes
>i'm confused for the rest of the day

i recently remembered this event, and I was wondering, is SOAD a meme band like Linkin Park or Limp Bizkit?

Attached: serj.png (500x647, 171K)

Even memeier

They are worse. I am embarrassed that I once loved them.

No, because LP & LB are actually talented.

I'm kind of surprised. In high school I always considered them a serious as fuck band. Now I'm kind of ashamed. Not that I listen to them anymore anyway, but they have a place in my heart

they're good but you don't get to put down better bands in the same breath to posture them as more acceptable

I like their first album but everything else just seems like a joke

never mind i just skipped through the first album and its terrible

>caring about what anyone thinks
System of a Down made great music & Ill always go back to it. We just all mostly grew out of the “OMG SO RANDUM XD” tier lyrics.

Yeah, women are fucking awful

Their first two albums are honestly good, but since they came out at the same time as and are associated with nu-metal, and nu-metal's been a punchline ever since the mid-00's, SoaD's tarred with the same brush.

just to make clear, I didn't care when she said that and I still don't care if they are a meme band. Personally I took the "randum" lyrics as a statement in itself and henceforth took the sentiment of them seriously.
yeah, in uni when I told my friend I used to love SOAD he said "oh wow, you like nu-metal" which really threw me off. I never considered them nu-metal.

I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY EYYYYYEEESSS..... ITS THE ONLY THNG, THAT SEEMS TO.......

A ridiculous amount of stuff is considered numetal to the point where it's a completely meaningless label. I've seen RATM, Linkin Park, Primus, Tool, SOAD, Disturbed, Deftones, Korn, Slipknot, and Limp Bizkit all referred to as numetal. Even though I would consider some of those numetal myself, and some of them complete trash, it's ridiculous that so many completely different artists are all put under the same label.

Attached: it-can-always-get-worse-it-probably-will-there-is-13868306~2.png (500x278, 175K)

Based retard

Don't worry, they'll win everybody back with their next album

>be me
Fuck off back to Redd1t

static x is the best band since korn or pantera

how else can I convey the fact that it had happened to me?

Zappa for Nickelback fans

you heard him faggot. now leave

le sad face
you are all just racist sexist trump supporters anyway. **** u!!

I still think they’re a great band. I guess I never grew out of them because I never considered them to be this edgy super serious band. I always knew they were a bit silly, but their music is still fun and catchy to me.

This originated on Yea Forums faggot

Toxicity was my least fav back in the day now it’s gold, but hypnotize/mesmerize are a bore

This is orig a greentext thing fuckin newfaga

ALL RESEARCH AND SUCCESSFUL POLICY SHOWS THAT TREATMENT SHOULD BE INCREASED
(RAAAUUUUGH)
AND LAW ENFORCEMENT DECREASED WHILE ABOLISHING MANDATORY MINIMUM SENTENCES

>is SOAD a meme band like Linkin Park or Limp Bizkit?
None of them is a meme band.

used to love SOAD, had all their songs memorized, then i burned out on them. don't listen to them as much, but they still have a special place in my heart.
also their s/t is the best nu-metal record and that's a fact