Imagine preferring the degenerate cacophony of the Beatles over the wholesome American sounds of the Beach Boys

Imagine preferring the degenerate cacophony of the Beatles over the wholesome American sounds of the Beach Boys

Attached: image.jpg (400x300, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4cly_2pGTNw
youtube.com/watch?v=cbL8VsbqKHk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

US > UK

Simple math.

BA BA BA BA BARBARA ANN

fuck off with your "board culture" spam, autismo

Why the fuck are you posting in this thread? You don't surf. You've never caught a wave at Topanga Beach.

I always kinda of got the impression that people who preferred the beach boys were the same people who post "you're not white" threads. Anyways how does it feel that the beatles had 6 GOAT albums and the beach boys had just 1? HAHAHAHAHA GET FUCKED TUBBY AMERICUNT

I honestly don't want to start Beatles vs. Beach Boys shitposting on here since I probably love them both almost the same but it kind of bums me out that you can't really say to someone that you prefer the Beach Boys discography to the Beatles without people being utterly confused and thinking you're referring to their more quaint shit like Little Deuce Coupe or something. It's not particularly fair since even up through Rubber Soul the Beatles sounded just as quaint. Probably the name. Maybe they should have followed through with Brian's suggestion to rename themselves "Beach".

Every album they released following Pet Sounds has still been evaluated pretty positively despite contemporary criticism toward all the groups that "dared" to try and compete with the Beatles. I think Carl and the Passions was when it kind of went downhill, but then they managed to reclaim their status somewhat with Love You.

Plus the Smile Sessions show that there was definitely a blueprint to a GOAT album if they had just released it on time and stopped shitting on Brian.

>Plus the Smile Sessions show that there was definitely a blueprint to a GOAT album if they had just released it on time and stopped shitting on Brian.

literally the musical equivalent of "lol dude im gifted and probably could have been successful but im just lazy bro"

I can play music by ear pretty well and beatles melodies come quickly to me. However, despite the simplicity of the Beach boys songs I always struggle learning their songs. Beatles never wrote anything that touches "warmth of the sun" or "god only knows."

He was losing his mind and nobody wanted to change the winning formula. Damn shame

I don't listen to the Beatles anymore and never bothered with the Beach Boys in the first place beyond the hits. I did buy Smile when it came out back in 2004.

But people who say "I'm smart, but lazy" never actually make anything. The Smile Sessions are out there for people to listen to, and various songs from that period appeared on later albums.

Yeah, Brian wrote chord progressions, melodies, and harmonies that were out of this world in terms of complexity. The craziness of the chords in God Only Knows is well-known, but the melody is also hard to follow. Somehow it works though without seeming like some chaotic jazz song

There are some true gems for the BB
>warmth of the sun
>in my room
>break away
>don't worry baby
>sail on sailor

Round round get around, I get around, yeah
(Get around round round I get around, ooh-ooh) I get around
From town to town (get around round round I get around)
I'm a real cool head (get around round round I get around)
I'm makin' real good bread (get around round round I get around)

Attached: hoverround.gif (267x200, 1.2M)

UK music > American music
Beatles > Beach Boys

>Somehow it works though without seeming like some chaotic jazz song
I can't remember which song but I read something about a pet sounds song that shifted keys so well that the author couldn't recall a more seamless transition. People don't know that the beatles didn't write the orchestral parts of their songs while Brian wrote his orchestral bits.

based

thank mike love for normies only associating the beach boys with that quaint shit, even if paul did write granny songs at least he didn't get all pissy at lennon for being creative

I think the song pet sounds has some instruments playing in the key of A and others in the key of D and the musicians thought he accidentally messed up but he was like "nah bitch, play my good shit"

this is the truth

UK invented your country and your music, deal with it

based
cringe

cringe
Based and redpilled
Beach Boys wish they were half as good as Beatles

While Pet Sounds is better than any Beatles album, Beatles win in terms of overall discog. If Brian was given the full creative power he deserved, it'd be a different story.

That's just turning the IV into a natural 7th, which was already common in boogie music, not so much pop at the time.

I can play by ear and I kind of understand what you're saying. Is there a good reference to theory that would help someone who is intuitive but finds theory too complicated/boring?
Learning every note and playing in every key has helped tremendously. I feel that learning piano has helped my understanding (guitar player) because of how it's all laid out.

imagine liking the beach boys over the four freshmen heh..

Neither did the Beach Boys...

>liking the four freshmen over Herman's hermits
youtube.com/watch?v=4cly_2pGTNw

imagine unironically using the phrase "degenerate"

I think of it more as just not playing in a set key, but regardless it was unusual to use in a pop song when most of the time it's just I IV I V I chord progressions

>degenerate
>wholesome
imagine evaluating things according to this framework

Attached: kill urself my man.jpg (600x600, 67K)

the best beach boys songs are better than the best beatles songs

but the beatles have way more good songs

>liking herman's hermits over the lettermen

youtube.com/watch?v=cbL8VsbqKHk

Attached: fuggoff.png (1141x913, 1.35M)

Best to worst tracks on Pet Sounds (but there are no actual bad tracks so it's hard to evaluate):

>God Only Knows
>Wouldn't It Be Nice
>Here Today
>I'm Waiting for the Day
>That's Not Me
>Let's Go Away for Awhile
>You Still Believe in Me
>Pet Sounds
>Sloop John B
>I Just Wasn't Made for These Times
>Caroline No
>Don't Talk Put Your Head On My Shoulder
>I Know There's an Answer

How shit is my taste?

I agree but as I've matured I find less enjoyment listening to the beatles, especially when you realize lennon was a mean hippy fag, mccartney is a globalist shill who encouraged kids to do acid and vote obama and harrison pushed hindi mysticism on vulnerable youth. Ringo is pretty cool though.

Sounds like you did the opposite of maturing my dude. That post is just a string of reactionary buzzwords.

Damn that's fantastic. When they do the warmth of the sun line is that a BB wink? It had a similar melody.

>that bass harmonica solo in I know theres an answer
Needs to be bumped up a bit

>puts alliester crowley on their biggest album
I'm sure they were good blokes who weren't manipulated into subverting youth culture.

Nah, Lennon just thought it was edgy.

>the music is great but Lennon was hippy so the music now is not that good
Please stop listening to music. You don't deserve music.

Hi, I'm Fraud McCartney, the most overrated songwriter of all time.

Attached: 8949DEC5-5EA1-44C0-85CA-92CF2CDD1B3E-5048-000006EE8DEDFCE4.jpg (640x480, 46K)

>I've matured
>globalist shill

Attached: 1422311786854s.jpg (446x468, 19K)

SeeIt's an objective fact.

Pet Sounds is better than any Beatles record.

I still don't like him but he could write a good song and sing well. Zimmerm-I mean Dylan is by far the most overrated hack that ever existed.

*strawberry Fields Forever starts playing*

Attached: 37431EDE-78A3-4EFC-B7A6-A2180077AA4A-407-0000006C41534E39.jpg (480x360, 16K)

>This is your average beach boys fans

>and heres why thats a bad thing

(and thats a good thing!)

That story has been debunked. Brian liked it and told a friend that it sounded like what he wanted to do with Smile but he never had a nervous breakdown over it