They will go down in history as the band that defined the 2010s

They will go down in history as the band that defined the 2010s.

Attached: 1471921220808.png (499x499, 399K)

Sure thing bro

this. your children and grandchildren will read about them in textbooks

maybe if they broke up after exmil

More likely as the band that defined 2010's underground music and meme culture

they’ll probably be remembered in the same way Fugazi is today desu. More of an underground thing that’s pretty well respected but nothing earth shattering

>Death Grips
>underground
the absolute state of Yea Forums

I showed Guillotine to some Chads at a party and they loved it.

i mean in terms of like all of pop culture they really aren’t that big man. they probably have like what 500,000 fans if that? And sure other people have heard of them but they’ve only heard of the big songs and don’t really regard them as much beyond the memes. That’s like .0064% of the world population that are fans and will remember them as anything more than something they saw on the internet one day

If they hadn't faked their own break up and had actually gone through with it they would have been absolute legends. But at this point they're just kind of a parody of themselves. And that might be the artistic statement that they're trying to make. Which is fair, but it also doesn't make their art good.

They are to the 10s what bands like Black Flag and Husker Du were to the 80s. Groundbreaking, intense and influential.

this is also true. They’re still killer live and have a few great tracks on album but most of their recent stuff just feels like filler. Steroids was good but that’s one release in like 4 years for a band that releases once or twice a year. Reminds me of LCD Soundsystems fake breakup and middling comeback albums

black flag were influential for a grand total of two albums
the final one being released in 1984

It’s 2019. Who are they?

Damaged my war and slip it in.

the velvet underground of the 2010s

poor bait

name a more underground band

>2019
>death grips release one last album
>its the absolute greatest piece of music this decade
>better than NotM
>vague symbolism of death in the music videos for some songs
>all three of them commit suicide before December 31st

>january 1st, 2020
>death grips 3.0 has begun

Death grips

i want more avant garde zach albums in the same vein as church gone wild after death grips are over but idk if that will actually happen

because their fandom is so effin' basic

Somebody said that I look like Zach Hill. Is that good or bad?

Attached: 1544052115181.png (598x601, 777K)

depends what era zach. long hair zach and shaved zach are good but mid length is a lil questionable

what's wrong with mid length zach

Attached: 5F992C7C-4971-4675-8B0A-6E818F0C3284.png (1080x1074, 858K)

don't claim to like experimental underground culture if you can't handle this

If you have more than 20 followers on your SoundCloud you're not underground desu

Attached: 054FC122-3AEB-47B8-B21A-0A8EF4A24909.jpg (720x720, 29K)

Zach seems hella autistic in this pic lmao but I'd chill with him.

old man look at my life

>Death Grips has 457,722 monthly listens on Spotify
>There are bands with less than 300 monthly listens
>Death Grips regularly sell out large-capacity clubs and are booked for large festivals around the world

I knew that Death Grips would just never be as special anymore when I saw muscle bros wandering around the city wearing YUH and Death Classic t-shirts

They have songs with several million views on YouTube.

Drab Majesty

i do miss the more mug seecrit club nature of their earlier persona but they honestly deserve the success they’ve have

and utilized meme culture in a way that not many artists are able to do

I wish these fuckers would actually go back to playing shows in their hometown. Like what the fuck I live near Sac and I never see their bitch asses play there.

yeah but those songs are utilized in so many meme videos and facets of meme culture that generates those views. And when compared to the HUNDREDS of millions of views pop culture hits get, it's literally a drop in the bucket

they never seemed to like sacramento. zach or ride described the music scene there as boring in some interview

Yeah, artistically there isn't shit there nor in the bay area. Its pretty much all in SoCal but still.

Attached: Bxqfoed.jpg (659x332, 32K)

Maybe most homophobic band

Why have a good band define the most shitty decade of all

they're alright but homophobic

they're literally the most homophilic band in the scene right now

kek

yall have a skewed view of what's underground because you never come out of your basement. You won't meet many people irl that know death grips.

Death Grips are a discord tranny band no cool straight guy listens to them

They're the most original band of the 2010s for sure

funny post

am a gay crossdressing femboy and can attest to this.

NLDW > JD > BP > Exmil > YOTS > Roids > TMS > GP > NOTM btw