What will the reaction be when he dies?

What will the reaction be when he dies?

Attached: D370DBAA-D4C3-4C38-8519-4F185318D71F-22923-00001A71412D042B.jpg (668x925, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1QGxFpSb6Sc
youtube.com/watch?v=tw0kJf_15QE
reddit.com/r/iama/comments/2zmbsv/_/cpkabfy?context=1000
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably shitloads of thots will come out of the woodwork and claim he abused them.

The most overrated songwriter of all time finally dies. The greatest, Brian Wilson, will still be alive.

sad

based opinion but it will still be very sad

>paul
>not already dead

people will be sad

>le Wilson is greater than McCartney meme

Attached: 92D64218-FB3C-4C3E-A9A4-777A5D77139A-22923-00001A70CCC5C9A4.png (201x250, 13K)

I will cry like a bitch.

>lol Eleanor Rigby so genius xD TEMPERARY SCRETARY XP
Not even second best songwriter in the beatles.

Will his solo career be reevaluated?

I’ll cry. My parents will probably console me

if you think paul's music is anywhere near as sophisticated you need your head checked
he's still in the 1st percentile or whatever, but he's also overrated
and lyrically mccartney is frankly embarrassing

Mccartney is not even the best songwriter on the Beatles. Wilson is a fucking genius.

Rolling Stone will shower him with idolizing posthumous acclaim while pretending all that nasty shit they said about him in the 70s never happened.

TEMPORARY

It already has been, sort of. Ram was loathed by critics when it came out but now it's considered his masterpiece.

What did they say about him back then?

>yfw Philip Norman, who trashed Paul for decades, recanted after Paul personally emailed to help him for his lennon biography

does anyone else get the sense something might be about to happen? He's been uncharacteristically candid in interviews recently

He is. The Beatles are the epitome of bland music.

Jann Wenner (founder of Rolling Stone) literally forced the initially positive review of Paul's debut solo album to be rewritten to be negative because he blamed him for breaking up The Beatles.

Reminder that Paul McCartney and Brian Wilson are friends irl and probably laugh at autists who fight on a Cantonese abstract painting board over some pop songs they wrote 50 years ago

Attached: IMG_3413.jpg (500x500, 52K)

Ram is as good as any Beatles album

The more I think about it, Paul was just a poser. Always an imitator, never an innovator like Lennon (who did it in spite of having less musical knowledge). ALL the memorable Beatles work came from John, as good as Paul's songs were in the bigger picture of the industry
I think deep down he knows this, but then he also laps up the praise he gets

One good album

this universe is a simulation running in a Tinpan Alley-style songwriting sweatshop in an advanced civilisation, and Paul is the creative peak of this iteration.

When he dies, they'll reset the simulation.

This is some of the worst bait I've seen in years

>ALL the memorable Beatles work came from John
That's obviously not true, even though John's songs are far, far, far better than Paul's songs

Plus John got to die tragically. And honestly it might be genuinely preferable to die tragically at the peak of your fame and creativity than to grow into a leather handbag with a mouth like McCartney

A lot of critics thought he was useless without Lennon and accused his solo work of being too self-indulgent and playful, and they were very dismissive and occasionally hostile about it too. They wanted """""serious""""" rock music.
For the record, RS also treated Harrison the same way. When he tried to put the Beatles behind him and do his joint tour with Ravi Shankar, RS mercilessly shat all over his solo albums for the next few years and their critics claimed he was a talentless fluke just because he hurt their nostalgia feels. It actually did a fair bit to sour his reputation for a while. If you read into the history of rock journalism it's basically nothing but this shit.

same

Well then, Paul only produced it when it was in tandem with John (Day Tripper, Rain)
Paul was a great instrumentalist and producer for John more than he was a special individual in his own right

I've read that Paul was pretty much entirely responsible for turning Rain from an acoustic demo into the rocking classic it is

Sony's gonna make so much money off this dude's death you won't even believe

Thanks for the info brehs

Attached: 1546890369862.gif (123x116, 286K)

The best Beatle already died 18 years ago.

Attached: george.jpg (530x752, 91K)

It'll be a worldwide cultural moment. John Lennon's death was a tragedy, but Paul's death will remind all of the boomers on earth that they are also near death.

>It'll be a worldwide cultural moment
truth. it'll be a historic moment.

we lost another one

he's been dead for 52 years

Wilson didn't even write the lyrics to Pet Sounds

He never should have outlived Mark Hollis.

John is my favorite beatle but who says Paul isn't a genius songwriter is plain ignorant.

But answering OP's question, I'll be fucking devastated. Maybe even sadder than Bowie's death, which is so far the saddest artist death I've experienced.

Attached: 1550036790146.gif (320x240, 1.84M)

paul mccartney will never die

Obviously bait but if you actually believe there's a greatest songwriter then you are retarded

Paul's not even top 10 greatest songwriters

youtube.com/watch?v=1QGxFpSb6Sc

paul live recently

Literally no such thing as "top 10 greatest songwriters"

huh?

You seem to claim there is some objective source to the top 10 greatest songwriters of all time. There isn't. You might not think Paul is one of the greatest but many do. They're not wrong, and neither are you.

>there is some objective source
No I don't

>top 10 greatest songwriters
Yes you do ^

why would you assume that that is true?

it's going to be like a tidal wave. a very overwhelming day of feels.

What is true?

Where's "objective" lol

I can't wait.

Poor Ringo will be the only Beatle left

Where isn't it?
>Paul's not even top 10 greatest songwriters

Paul McCartney has been my favorite artist all my life (I'm going to be 29 this year). I'll probably avoid Yea Forums and the internet in general for a few weeks after he dies. Fuckheads coming out of the woodwork talking about how much they love him and whatnot. Fuck that.

>Where isn't it?
Isn't in the sentence

My earliest memories of enjoying music are with him.

youtube.com/watch?v=tw0kJf_15QE

I love this performance and how much the crowd are into it.

To be fair man you did say Paul isn't one of the top 10 greatest songwriters of all time, which does imply some objective order

I'm 23 and Paul is my favorite artist. Hopefully when he dies people will start looking into his solo catalog and realizing there's a lot of gems there.

MY order lol
>objective order
No, it doesn't imply on that kek

But yeah, I agree. The worst will be the people who haven't listened to his music since 1975 or so, or the people who only know Hey Jude or Let It Be

The white album 2018 Remix and availability of their music on streaming services has gained them a lot of newcoming fans so I wouldn’t say all young people who mourn will be bandwagoners

The obituaries have already been written decades ago.

>What will the reaction be when he dies?
Heartrending tears.

As it stands, however, we've already lost the two most actually talented Beatles, so it hardly matters.

Wilson is a goner mate
He introduced himself to Lennon five times
(this is in the 70's)

>He introduced himself to Lennon five times
What?

I meant more along the lines of people who will be listening to his solo stuff for the first time. I already know Maybe I'm Amazed, Uncle Albert, My Love, Mull of Kintyre, Here Today, Somedays, etc will see a major influx in scrobbles/radio play/streams as well as bullshit critical re-reviews of Wings albums. It's going to be an insincere rehash of what should have already been admired 40 years ago.

I mostly think it will be hilarious when people start coming here to post about how they just now saw Rockshow or listened to Wings Over America. Bullshit all around is to be expected.

I will only shed tears for Ringo

>Somedays

Great fucking song, if Paul had written it in the 60s it'd be a classic. Jenny Wren too.

lol so? Who cares if people get introduced to his music after his death? Gatekeeping incel get OUT

Dumb normie

I didn't mean that I wouldnt enjoy the opportunity for more Wings discussion. The gushing over him will be incredibly insincere when he dies. Too little too late. People don't take advantage of the present.

> oh :( ppl will hear my obscure secret artist when he dead

>Paul McCartney
>obscure

Attached: 58cc1999291ff.image.jpg (1175x1762, 159K)

Literal retard

You don't have to sign your posts.

Huh?

Pic related

Attached: based 21.png (801x767, 107K)

>>r/whoosh

Aww. That's sad.

based failed reading comprehension

Attached: 1348764844816.png (244x226, 2K)

How could you miss le epic irony on that post?

Probably a lot of:
>"lmfao y whypipo all sad that some crusty old white man be dead tho [half a dozen crying laughing emojis] ain't nobody know who that be"

Attached: 1487224893440.jpg (600x358, 46K)

If you actually read the thread you'd know I was talking about McCartney's solo career which is nowhere near as celebrated as The Beatles, but will be "rediscovered" by masses of faggots after his death.

WHat? I mean miss the irony on this faggots post

Specify that next time then

Poe's law applies here. Anyone who mentions McCartney is going to immediately default to talking about The Beatles. Not so much about solo/Wings.

?
He's not obscure lol. Literally the most well known artist

You have a narrow world view.

Why?

Sophisticated doesn't mean better though. Mccartney is far superior, and he doesn't have a weak retard brain like Wilson

>Ball big building
Kek

Attached: E67EA2DF-359B-4FCB-8FD9-F3496CE41ECB-4613-00000626864006F4.png (938x895, 1.4M)

Good argument, retard.

>no u
Kek
Based retard

Good argument, retard.

What do you think of pic related?

Attached: D9E49EF4-9E8E-4F52-B5FB-8930F8422D4C-22923-00001A73DEC1320C.jpg (313x355, 29K)

Can't find it now but there's this story that Bowie and Lennon were at a party and Wilson introduced himself and said he was a big fan of Lennon's music and so happy to have finally met him. Lennon thanked him and, after he left, told Bowie that they had met multiple times and it went the same each time.
Really shows the state he was in (and is in now).

Kek
That's what happens when you try to compete with Him.

Attached: E7C2F474-90A2-40A9-84BB-5065EC0F3039-1413-000001BA11E07EEE.png (575x843, 708K)

It was Alice Cooper, not Bowie.

oh I see. yea i get where you're coming from

His best of the 00s (tied with Chaos and Creation)

based

Do you like memory almost full?

imo memory almost full has higher highs than chaos but chaos is overall a better album

Ah thank you, that's probably why I couldn't find it

Actually good opinion , good on you

Biggest death in music since Michael Jackson. He'll be one of those rare individuals who the Earth truly stands still for, if only for the blink of an eye.

Yep, people die

I’ll personally shed a lot of tears. I’ve never cried about an artist dying, maybe a tear or two when Bowie died but when Paul kicks the bucket I’ll be wailing like some fucking baby.

TIL You can be this retarded

an hour long special on granada reports live from the cavern club

i'll leave or call out from work that day. same when brian wilson goes.

>and lyrically mccartney is frankly embarrassing
brian didn't even write all the good lyrics from the beach boys records

reddit.com/r/iama/comments/2zmbsv/_/cpkabfy?context=1000

He still denies it

based

If they had died at the same time I wonder whose death would've been a bigger deal.

Actually its been 17 years, 3 months, and 1 day

faul is kill

no

Still has more hits than Max " Teen Destroyer" Martin. The state of studio produce pop is far cry than what it was back then.

"Oh geez, not again!"
*laugh track*

Sadly this

Unironically does he have anything in his past that will come back to haunt him? Seems to be surprisingly clean for a man who's been insanely famous worldwide for nearly sixty years

Paul is one of the greatest artists ever and nothing Yea Forums says can change that

>TIL
based redditor

probably just more record sales

he won't leave an impact like Bowie did

people are actually seeing the light in that The Beatles are trash