King gizzard and the lizard wizard are literally the only band currently making music that matter

king gizzard and the lizard wizard are literally the only band currently making music that matter

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1000x750, 249K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHknKOM6iTA&list=PLiq20nFSJzpu2ILakvACJ-0UdlEiIo17K&index=6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally every concert I go to there is some obnoxious dude bro wearing a King Gizzard shirt. They are their own breed.

Idk the band just seems like a perfect example of the pop-ifying and mainstreaming of genuinely avant-garde ideas from the kraut/punk/prog schools of rock music for the consumption of the masses. They've taken genuinely psychedelic ideas pioneered by groups like Can and neutered them with silly lyrics, bare melodies and arrangements, and a generally acceptable b-movie aesthetic that was guaranteed to be a hit with the nostalgia obsessed Reddit dude crowd.

With all that being said however their music isn't all that bad, just a lot more simple and digestible than what came before. If Amon Duul II are too difficult for you to jump into then it's totally understandable why you would be a King Gizz fan

Nah

i love them but holy shit i hate the recent wave of reddit tier fans they have now

Drab Majesty
Chelsea Wolfe
Thee Oh Sees
Guerilla Toss
Deafheaven

name one artist other than king gizzard and the lizard wizard making important music right now. there are none

>

Attached: 1504039423575.jpg (1067x862, 205K)

all these forced meme indie industry plants and bland buzzbands are garbaj.
The only rock band making interesting music is the voidz

Attached: voidss.jpg (1200x801, 265K)

You're not alone, brother.

Suck a hard cock

this looks like too much of an inside joke to be posted here

Newfag

They haven't put out a good record since 2013

they're good, some catchy songs but nothing long-lasting i think

Is this a copypasta? I’ve seen it before
It’s also bullshit that using avant garde elements in a more poppy fashion is considered a bad thing, that sounds fucking awesome to me

spoken like a true cuck

>copypasta?
I've seen it before too, but it's one of the best takedowns of the band I've seen on this board so I'm happy if it becomes a copypasta desu

>It’s also bullshit that using avant garde elements in a more poppy fashion is considered a bad thing, that sounds fucking awesome to me
It's not inherently bad but does lead to music that is necessarily watered down. In order to appeal to a wider audience experimental music has to have a lot of edge taken out and a lot of formulaic bullshit thrown in, which is pretty much what Gizz do to their influences. While you may have not enjoyed some of the rougher edges of the kraut, psych, garage and punk originators of their sound, it ultimately made bands such as the Stooges, Neu!, Agitation Free, Embryo, the Sonics, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Morgen, etc etc a lot more fascinating than King Gizz for their peculiarities, something Gizz lack

I can picture you in my head rn. It's not a favourable image

>all music influenced by other music must be more experimental than that music

Lmfao, if people actually thought like this the entire genre of electronic music would be nothing but aleatoric bleeps

Get your head out of your own ass and enjoy this talented band that is unique in today's musical atmosphere

>If Amon Duul II are too difficult for you to jump into
funny because amon duul II are already the most accessible krautrock band

>>all music influenced by other music must be more experimental than that music
Where the fuck did I say this? Can you read?

>unique in today's musical atmosphere
Not even remotely close to true

>king gizzard and the lizard wizard are literally the only band currently making music
huh

Hans?

>doesnt know how to read
huh?

You're implying it. Your criticism of Gizz is purely that they do not deviate as far from the musical 'norm' as those experimental artists that they draw influence from, which is a silly and pretentious argument

And yes, they are the only psychedelic-prog-acid rock band with any sort of visibility or influence in music today

>Your criticism of Gizz is purely that they do not deviate as far from the musical 'norm' as those experimental artists that they draw influence from

What the fuck is the musical 'norm'? Are you talking about what's popular in the mainstream? King Gizzard play rock music which already places them outside the musical 'norm' in that case, then. I simply said that they water down the eccentricities of the originators of their sound, which makes them far less interesting. They are less willing to push into new, unheard territory, and rather stick closely to concepts that have already been established. This can be fine with a unique twist, but in the case of Gizz, almost nothing makes them stand out aside from how extremely milquetoast they are. It takes almost nothing to establish a unique sound yet King Gizz are completely unwilling to make even the smallest step into real experimentation, instead fooling their audience with cheap, marketable gimmicks to substitute for actual experimentation (look guys! we made an album with microtuning, so that's gonna be the entire marketing around this album! Aren't we soooo experimental!?! (even though it sounds exactly like our other albums composition and tone wise lol xD)) Even Oh Sees, a close analogue to Gizz, have a more acid damaged aesthetic and are far more likely to experiment with strange song structures, extremely abstract jamming, and unconventional guitar tones/layering. This is miles away from Gizz's consistently boring tone, bland compositions, and Reddit-ready """cheesy retro!! xD""" aesthetic. Furthermore I did not say that "music influenced by other music MUST BE more experimental than that music," nor imply that. They can do whatever they want. I would never tell any musician that they MUST do anything, and anyone that does doesn't understand art on a fundamental level. You once again demonstrate a lack of basic reading comprehension skills.

I really wanted to like them but hey are not clicking.
sometimes excellent musical techniques has no soul and this is the case, at least for me.
I know people that took a plane from the shithole we live to go see them live and i believe them when they say they are great. I would go to see them live but come on, their latest single Cyboogie is just not good, sounds like a filler to me.
Regarding bands that in the last decade have made some good music I would say Torche because they are not too much intellectual like Gizzard and are lot more fun.
If you like experimental new music check out Zu. Their Lp on Ipecac called Carboniferous is great.
In Italy we have some nice retro bands that have international appeal like Calibro 35 and Nu Guinea

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHknKOM6iTA&list=PLiq20nFSJzpu2ILakvACJ-0UdlEiIo17K&index=6

Uncle Acid released their fifth album late last year and it's great. What the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: 512YbPsLVsL.jpg (500x500, 55K)

I like how you weirdos are writing whole paragraphs about shit that doesn't matter
seriously, nobody cares about this crap except you
just enjoy the Gizz and move along

They're good, but I'm going to have to disagree with that.

I agree. I think Stu said it best when he said "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"