So how does he give Motorhead a pass for the same generic metal posturing he finds completely unacceptable when a band...

So how does he give Motorhead a pass for the same generic metal posturing he finds completely unacceptable when a band like Motley Crue or Pantera does it?

Attached: christgau1med.jpg (400x266, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=co-I0LDtFWk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this is a music board
don't post random old men

why do you care about some ancient man opinion about metal lmao

because he's a fucking faggot
/thread

I don’t know but I’m checking just now he really does love Motörhead. A string of a-es for a hard rock /metal band is rare in his reviews.

Motörhead kicks ass btw. Or I mean I haven’t really listened to them but ace of spades is my jam, and it seems like they would have other good songs that aren’t quite worth listening to but we’d respect them for nonetheless

You can’t fucking thread your own post you fucking quintuple niggergook

i don't recall Lemmy dancing like a stripper for one, also Pantera are assuredly too "metal" for Christgau so he wouldn't like them anyway

lol maybe he's schizo

I'm not OP you megatwink sperm bucket.

Probably because they're pretty unreconstituted/processed and sound like a bar band.

Depends on how you'd define "too metal". A lot of the metal community thinks they ruined the scene with their tough guy bullshit.

shit bait or legit retard

impossible. motorhead played rock and roll

why the fuck are you asking us? ask him, shit-for-brains

>Motörhead kicks ass btw. Or I mean I haven’t really listened to them but ace of spades is my jam, and it seems like they would have other good songs that aren’t quite worth listening to but we’d respect them for nonetheless
They wrote about 1-1/2 total songs. Once you've heard AOS you already know what all of them are going to sound like.

this is pretty different from the philthy/eddie era youtube.com/watch?v=co-I0LDtFWk

His reviews already explained it in sorts. They were (or at least he thinks anyway) relatively unprocessed and had really simple arrangements and singing.

Motorhead is really unpretentious and has many catchy simple songs. They're like the CCR of hard rock. Pantera is awful and barely listenable, some fat manlet screaming, no melody, no rhythm. Motley Crue? Trash stripper music

metal machine music by lou reed

this but unironically

>Motley Crue? Trash stripper music
>implying Looks That Kill and Kickstart My Heart aren't fun as fuck

>post bait
>get reply
hehe

Actually I'm more wondering how he gets away with calling bands like Crue sexist when there were thousands and thousands of white trash chicks lining up to ride Vince Neil's dick back in the day. I'd say they had a bigger female than a male fanbase, especially after the first two albums.

Probably all the women he's had contact with in his life are hipster NYC feminists.

I know, fun isn't allowed on here and we're just supposed to wear a fedora and listen to ITAOTS.

He's also given good ratings to some prog bands (particularly Henry Cow) if he thought they sounded raw enough.

>Pantera is awful and barely listenable, some fat manlet screaming, no melody, no rhythm.
>the only Pantera song I heard was Drag The Waters

OP, why did you post a picture of an aging homosexual man?

He ranked Orgasmatron in his top 10 albums of 1986, although it does suffer from a degree of mid-80s slickness that the earlier stuff lacks.

Attached: AF9840C9-AD4D-481B-81EE-7392FDADCA3E.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

Because Motorhead had punk rock credibility, it's as simple as that. He saw some kids with mohawks wearing Motorhead patches and thought "wow! that must be cool!"

he rated henry cow high because he thought they were actually progressive

Lemmy never identified as punk, although certainly he was admired by the punk community (and the thrash metal community for that matter).

And also Lemmy never was a huge Metallica fan despite later covering Enter Sandman, in fact he preferred Crue and AC/DC.

No, but Lemmy also never identified as being metal despite being of the most important figures of it. Point is Motorhead did have punk fans, and I wouldn't put it beyond a moron like Cuckgau to consider that reason enough to ignore all the same tropes Motorhead did that he bashes their peers for.

I mean he's completely disingenuous if he can listen to a song like "Love Me Like A Reptile" and not find it offensive but somehow sex lyrics from Van Halen are "macho"

Because Motorhead songs are basically 50s rock and roll but sped up and distorted, Lemmy's even admitted as such. Thus to Christgau, It's bettar than the vast majority of metal because it is more like "pure" rock.

It is not pretentious, it is simple, loud with a vocalist who could serve in a Blues band all the same.
Motörhead/Lemmy did not pretend to be artsy or more than they were - they played rock'n'roll as the man himself said it.
It was not uncommon to see both punk and metal fans on their early shows, they dragged in both. Too metal for punk fans and too punk for metal fans.