ITT: Guilty pleasures

ITT: Guilty pleasures
For the record I don't think their first 2 albums deserve to be called "Guilty" Pleasures because they are pretty solid. Especially Awake. They get pretty cheesy after that though.

Attached: 118379440.jpg (400x400, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PoMoXNXW3Fg
youtube.com/watch?v=n4CQK-ML_KA
youtube.com/watch?v=4AoixCqDgpU
youtu.be/5ZtMHSOq50Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just watched a live version they did of dark side of the moon, best cover of that album I've heard.

I guess counting crows would be my guilty pleasure. I still sing every word if i hear mr jones.

if you have any guilty pleasures of any sort you should consider fucking off to reddit

"guilty pleasure" is such a dumb concept. if you like some song/artist/album that internet "music communities" in general dislike then it's perfectly fine, there's no need to feel guilty about it.

I like the 1995-2009 Cheese Theater era with pride because I'm a chad who doesn't have guilty pleasures

blackpink

NPC detected. You can enjoy a tune while finding the sentiment behind it revolting.

Probably my most listen too song. I can't break away from the soothing melodies.

youtube.com/watch?v=PoMoXNXW3Fg

i feel really bad for actually liking this

Attached: LMFAO_-_Sorry_For_Party_Rocking.png (300x300, 215K)

freeeequeeeencieeees soooooo loooooow

Attached: 81C3LbZQstL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 31K)

What’s so wrong about Octovarium that it’s categorized as a guilty pleasure?

This, the nostalgia I guess.

Attached: 112B2501-8CD5-4F54-B594-F591719B13F9.jpg (700x700, 158K)

it's cringy

Their best albums imho. Images and Words is my favorite from them. Also, those are their second and third ones. When Dream and Day Unite exists.

Bounce and Yes are both unironically great imo

am I crazy, or does the way that last ball is swinging make no sense?

its 2deep4u

What do you guys think of Distance Over Time? Is it worth listening to? The first two singles would've sounded alright to me if it weren't for those fucking vocals.

>those fucking vocals
youtube.com/watch?v=n4CQK-ML_KA

extremely based I remember I first heard beast and harlot on a cod 4 montage before I was even a teenager..

I've listened to it a couple of times and so far it's pretty underwhelming. Sounds like someone took the best from Octavarium and Black Clouds, left the mediocre parts and slapped them together. So far I've picked out only S2N. Maybe it will grow on me, I don't know, Black Clouds did after all.

As for OP, it's not a guilty pleasure for me. I listen to all kinds of music (except for zoomer trash) and 1992 - 2002 era DT is one of my favourite bands. Sure, it's cheesy at times but only zoomers would care about that, since there's not enough "pussy" and "nigger" in the lyrics.

octavarium (the song) is pretty decent. it's got nice structure and keeps the wankery at acceptable levels.

>Awake
That was their third album

what is Yea Forums's opinion on my favorite album of all time, Metropolis part 2: Scenes from a Memory?

Attached: 1431491083086.jpg (771x900, 102K)

It's fantastic, probably the best prog metal album out there.

>Counting WDADU

SHOTS is a great party song

Why wouldn't you?

It's definitely not background music that's for sure.

Because Dream Theater isnt Dream Theater without Labrie

It is my firm, unassailable conviction that there is something unironically great about this:

youtube.com/watch?v=4AoixCqDgpU

Try talking me into guilt about it. Make my conscience pang, please.

A rock opera masterpiece
Now I've got strange deja vu stuck in my head again

To be fair, it has some cool songs. Although I agree, Dominici sounds underwhelming.

I enjoy octavarium and select tracks from most other albums.

TRAPT
INSIDE
THIS
OCATA
VAR
I
UUUUUM

dude this album rules! For me its Sytematic Chaos
based
surprisingly based, actually
maybe this, but i am not guilty about it.

Attached: MI0000393986.jpg (400x400, 18K)

It’s very good but it doesn’t suffer from DTs main weakness: wankery.

Jordan Ruddess and JP love to be doing a song and then just add in some wanking.

John will find a way to shoehorn In some gay metal riff to any song. See ministry of lost souls or S2N. One is all about your drowned gf and it’s slow and stringy and Ballad like then suddenly CHUG CHUG CHUG METAL ZONE MUSICAL J TERLUDE.

JR is different. He wanks by adding clown music to anything. Suddenly a serious song about a death or something will have these stupid sounds coming from the keyboard. Ts the musical equivalent of Pepe going HONK HONK in the middle of the song.

Scenes mostly keeps the music focused on the songs feeling and doesn’t wank without the purpose of bringing a song to a climax. It’s

>JR is different. He wanks by adding clown music to anything. Suddenly a serious song about a death or something will have these stupid sounds coming from the keyboard. Ts the musical equivalent of Pepe going HONK HONK in the middle of the song.
kek because fucking true

Still, I love DT

youtu.be/5ZtMHSOq50Q

GOOD album

lol that's hilarious and true
both their solos are nuts but i'm gonna have a tough time listening to some of the more serious songs DT makes after reading that

i don't mind it.
it kinda reminds me of falling in infinity with how short and straight forward the songs are (for their standards anyways).
"At wit's end" is good, and also like "out of reach" despite it feel's almost incomplete as a song

Rudess really epitomizes the incredibly skilled prog keyboard player with no feel for the actual sound that comes out.

I don't get how JR is the same guy that brought us that beautiful soundscape in the first few minutes of Octavarium but other times is just button mashing

The lyrics are an absolute abomination and the singing is subpar

Jordan Rudess apparently was asleep for the first 30 minutes of the album or forgot he was supposed to be playing. The parts he did play are mostly uninspired trash and it sounds like he's just in it for shekels and not because he truly still loves being a part of the group.

JP did a great job as always.

Bass and drums we're fine I guess

75% of the album is boring and tired. There's 3 actually amazing and songs on there. I don't need to tell you which ones they are because you'll know as soon as you hear them

I've just gotten so sick of Labrie belting those stupid lyrics over every song
Especially with their new stuff, I don't know what it is but I'll be digging the song then he'll enter with some sorced high wailing, or even worse, edgy low buttrock singing, or worse yet, doing those ultra-hammy "soft" vocals.
A good chunk of DT songs just don't need vocals. The others would have been better with a less obnoxious singer. Even before he fucked his voice he was just tolerable.