Put these vinyls on my dining room wall for decorations. I also listen to all these albums fairly regularly...

Put these vinyls on my dining room wall for decorations. I also listen to all these albums fairly regularly. So rate my taste based on these 15 vinyls!

Attached: 20190227_175403.jpg (1019x765, 82K)

They're all fine albums, but you know people on this board are going to tell you they're entry-level.

lmao did you buy all these albums from Half-Priced Books?

harmless pitchfork core

Actually bought Danny Brown's from HPB. Which is really fucking weird. still in the wrap.

you in Texas, OP?

neato except for carseat headrest.
will toledo sucks

KY actually

Boring.

let me guess, you're between 18 and 23

you enjoy people thinking you hve a good taste in music more than you actually enjoy the music itself

generic/10

nothing personal but this is really not a good way to decorate your dining room. especially when all the sleeves appear to be arranged arbitrarily

26! But close enough I suppose
I wouldnt say so, more so I was trying to show off something that I spent all day making!
How should I arrange them then? I would love any ideas! I love the original Twin Fantasy!

you are söy

Great taste

i would guggest arrange them by color considering most of them are bllack and white. maybe all mostly black on top-other in middle-white on bottom.

well you're obviously a homosexual

Wheres?
SUN
BAT
HER

so move twin fantasy(s) and lonesome crowded west to the middle, blonde on blond down, and all the black albums to the top then? I like that!

>So rate my taste
You don't have one.

i love the aesthetic of this chart where can i find the background?

god tier: ys
bad: the rest

splendor & misery is the only good album on your wall

yeah something like that. curious to see what it would look like. i do think u need more colorful albums lol.

not bad but not really exceptional either. you have some meme choices on there. also the two twin fantasies next to eachother doesn’t look cool

honestly, listen to more music. these are all fine if you dont have time to really dive deep into the art. but if you do and you want to, they will change.
theres nothing wrong with liking these albums, but liking these albums is also a trait common for people who havent really listened to a lot.

Well, what do you listen to?

SO DESCEND INTO CLICHE

cringey as fuck dude. thats normiecore to the max. and hanging albums as decoration is super cringy and liking that shitty music is as well...

Can an album be good and widely praised at the same time or nah?

It can be, but your taste can't be good if it consists solely/mostly of widely-praised albums. It's barely even your "taste" at that point.

I mean blonde on blonde is considered a revolutionary album in rock music and Dylan is one of the most popular artist of all time so yes.

You know this is bait

hehe he listens to albums that are widely praised hehehe shitty music lmaoooo go back ro listen to beyonce or some shit!!!!
time to put up my favourite throat singing album!

Attached: IMG_20190228_042146_735.jpg (1280x879, 259K)

This isn't true at all.

He’s not worthless and has something unique that’s respectable but he’s not really deserving of being hailed like he is at times. Makes a unique brand of p4k core (and the self-made lofi element is interesting) but at the end of the day it’s stl p4kcore (and now it’s more or less just basic indie stuff)

Is indie rock even pitchfork anymore? It's all R and B on there now.

I define good taste as well-developed taste.

Theoretically if there was a machine that could scan your brain and give you a list of each and every piece of music in existence that you would like, IMO a person with "good" taste is closer to hearing 100% of the music in their list (they're adventurous, they have less bias, they consult multiple sources when looking for new music, etc) and a person with "bad" taste is further away from hearing 100% of the music in their list (stans critics, only ever listens to "classic" albums, etc) .

is true
You need to have a good direction for what to look for and experiencing a wide variety of differently acclaimed albums can be great, but at the end of the day if your list of favorite albums are all “classics” or highly regarded albums and nothing else then this is not doing something right.

Yeah true enough. It’s indie to the extent that the rock they prioritize is indie stuff that sounds safe and general enough to give a bnm

This is pretty embarrassing OP

Attached: 1546391484275.jpg (499x498, 65K)

>not liking Leonard

If someone listens to just acclaimed albums then the elecletic nature of that would still be still be enough to proclaim a fulfilling look at the art of music. Listening to other music is still fine. an artist doesn't control the acclaim their art receives.

There's 15 albums here. How do you know this dude doesn't have good taste just based on albums that he has shown? Also, just because an album is on Yea Forums doesn't mean it's "popular". Like Swans or Joanna Newsom or Balam Acab are popular lol. How else do you find music but by discussing it with people?

except no, because said person has only dipped their toe into the pool of music and doesn't have the necessary and proper context to understand why the music is good in the first place. You cannot understand what makes a good album in a genre without experiencing an amount of average albums.
you're right on the artist not being able to control the acclaim their art gets, but a consumer has the context of the acclaim already. You can't say someone has good taste if they just listen to what they're "supposed" to listen to, and never branch out from that.

Except a person could be extremely well versed in a genre and still come to the same conclusion. Judging a person's music history by their favorites is just retarded elitism. Critically acclaimed albums are critically acclaimed for a reason.

I'd be your friend user, a lot of those are my favourite albums (Especially Down Colorful Hill, Ys, Twin Fantasy, Illinois, Modest Mouse)

Nice wall

Attached: 1539042136121.jpg (800x725, 261K)

>lets just accept critically acclaimed albums as being good without understanding the context surrounding them that proves their merit.

this is why people get pissed off about genre tourism. It trivializes the listening and exploration aspect of music and turns the whole fucking thing into nothing more than a pathetic signaling to an in group of "music lovers". You're more interested in looking like you know a lot about music than actually putting in the time to find and listen to a lot of music.

god this board is worthless. you'll find more stuff as time goes on but as it stands you're barely scratching the surface of what the medium has to offer. Great Zappa pick tho

Attached: viktorfeels.png (783x866, 47K)

I didn't say that at all. I'm saying that assuming someone like OP is a genre tourist because he likes critically acclaimed albums is elitist. He could very well have done a lot of exploring and still end up with those albums as his favorites.

Either way. Who cares what other people like?

>decorating your wall with vinyl
LOOK AT THIS DOOD

>vinyls

Attached: 1525786988638.png (329x374, 299K)

>Put these vinyls on my dining room wall for decorations
>So rate my taste based on these 15 vinyls!
Oh God stop fucking calling them that it's gross.

fuck you. i'm going to hit you with my car.

You've probably listened to less music than OP. Lol

>Blonde on Blonde
That's your Dylan, OP? There're no others more innovative, lyrical, profound, charming, or engaging to you?

Attached: 91r66T0WrFL.jpg (1704x2560, 582K)

idk/idc about your musical taste, just visually it looks bad & imbalanced

Attached: 1548415042188.gif (305x244, 1.94M)

it would be better if cohen was opposite dylan, but this is what I'm talking about

Attached: untitled.png (608x357, 340K)

okay will

reverse image search "no results found"

oh no

No one's gonna mention that there are 18 vinyl, not 15?