What is the most experimental album released on a major label?

What is the most experimental album released on a major label?

Attached: talk-talk-spirit-of-eden21-1.jpg (953x953, 132K)

MMM

Unironically Kid A

>elevator jazz
>experimental

Attached: 1628734623.jpg (200x200, 6K)

faust was signed to polydor

Attached: R-5987934-1408178694-8105.jpeg.jpg (300x300, 13K)

Starsailor

cringe

Released on RCA

Attached: Metal_machine_music.jpg (316x316, 20K)

For a second I thought you were talking about the pop rock band

Pop Tatari by Boredoms probably

released on warner bros

Attached: IMG_1161.jpg (630x630, 83K)

Because of Kurt Cobain's endorsements, a lot of otherwise underground stuff was released on major labels in the 90s
Pic related was on Warner Bros

Attached: MI0002380548.jpg (500x493, 65K)

Pop Tatari easily
Or maybe Pure Guava
Or

Of the past decade

Attached: F0C254C5-4794-4972-B820-67CEA30272E7.jpg (640x640, 512K)

don't post albums that were released before punk you retards

This for sure.

LULU

>wattd

I wish I was in an elevator everytime I listen to jazz if it actually sounds good, a trait unshared with regular jazz

good choice

Yeah

>In 1993 Kurt hand-picked the Japanese experimental band the Boredoms as the opening act for a handful of U.S. In Utero dates. At the time they were deconstructing hardcore punk down into bursts of screaming and pure noise that were both aesthetically compelling and extremely painful to sit through. Lollapalooza attempting to woo Nirvana into a headlining slot led to the Boredoms being booked for the festival's 1994 tour, where they terrorized arenas full of unsuspecting alt-rock fans.
Holy shit patrician af genuinely didn’t know this

How the fuck can these albums be considered experimental when it's just watered down version of krautrock bands like Can, Faust and Neu! were already playing 20 years earlier.

Rip Mark though

Imagine thinking you can "terrorize" someone with music. What a stupid choice of words. But yeah, very patrician and based.

Talk Talk barely sound like krautrock

It's called hyperbole.

>it's just watered down version of krautrock bands like Can, Faust and Neu! were already playing 20 years earlier
It's really not.

If I was an average nirvana fan I wouldn’t expect boredoms to open up that would be an assault on my ears

Does Reprise count as a major label?

Attached: tmr.jpg (1408x1433, 1.78M)

They were released on Straight Records (Zappas label)

being well done doesnt make it experimental. its just really good straightforward pop

Nah. Not really that experimental or inaccessible. Still fucking great though.
Okay, you guys win.
Sure
Sure
Not that experimental

Songs like Astromancy and ilytd are not straight forward pop.

no one asked you, cunt

Lol

yeah... but is an album of feedback really that experimental?

End yourself

yes
it literally invented noise, noise rock, power electronics, industrial, sound collage, shoegaze, all feedback based music, etc etc etc as we know it today

Weak bait.

Le CoMeDY mUsiC xDDDdDDD

This.

ya tru

released on virgin. aphex airlines fucking sucks

Attached: R-72804-1194937313.jpeg[1].jpg (600x600, 232K)

released on nonesuch which is a subsidiary of WB.
Any Boredoms/Naked City/Mr. Bungle qualifies

Attached: naked city.jpg (316x314, 17K)

Yeezus

oh shut the fuck up no it didnt

And the music industry was never the same again

Kurt's music was okay at best but I have to respect the man for introducing the mainstream to artists that would have otherwise died in obscurity: Melvins, Jawbreaker, Daniel Johnston, Boredoms, etc.

Yes.

brb

It's more of a fuck you to Virgin, but still it's an hour long clusterfuck of music and sounds and is one of his best albums.

Attached: 61SKCpm619L._SX355_.jpg (355x354, 30K)

amarok is based

Attached: 1372360835447.png (800x559, 521K)

Of course it is.
>Oldfield had expressed his displeasure at Virgin's lack of promotion of his works on a number of occasions, and Amarok can easily be seen as his riposte to their perceived indifference: an almost unmarketable album that still showcased his talent as a composer and performer. Oldfield did attempt to generate publicity for the album himself by offering a prize of £1000 of his own money to the first person to find the "secret message" hidden within it, although the competition received relatively little coverage and its impact on sales was seemingly negligible. The secret message was a sequence of Morse code found 48 minutes into the piece, spelling out "FUCK OFF RB" in reference to Virgin's Richard Branson, the man who had first signed him.

The evil Mark Hollis

Virgin Records

Attached: Folder.jpg (1000x1000, 314K)

Yep, Nirvana's music was always pop music in disguise, but Kurt genuinely had BASED taste in music

people really don't appreciate how patrician kurt was for his time

>Mark Hollis
...still hurts

This might be one of the biggest ones, Epic Records (Sony) 1994

Attached: shudder.jpg (620x620, 45K)

The fact that it’s vasty differently from all his other material makes it experimental

As far as I know Elektra was expecting more easy folk and were shocked, so kicked him off. He then went on Zappa's label.

Attached: Lorcabuckley.jpg (240x240, 25K)

Attached: 1F28D45E-2F30-436B-A179-933CBDF9B538.jpg (463x461, 119K)