Why do millennials act like this is some kind of golden age for Hip Hop when they listen to shit tier mumble rap that...

Why do millennials act like this is some kind of golden age for Hip Hop when they listen to shit tier mumble rap that is leagues below the great stuff from the 80s and 90s?

Attached: soymusic.png (677x620, 364K)

hip hop was never that good

Because its 40 years later and we experienced technological progress

Everone likes to think they are living in the golden age of something.

They're posers that go with the flow. They'd have said the same thing about any other genre if it was popular. They always talk bullshit and feel desperate to belong.

Attached: 1545234888178.png (917x599, 46K)

t. soiboi who listens to shit rap music

modern bad!!!!! old good!!!! repeat after me

i don't like mumble rap, but there's a lot more out at the moment than just it. It's like judging modern pop rock by the standards of Imagine Dragons

most people here started listening to rap in 2016 and need fatnano, p4k and complex to hold their hand for them wherever they go

fpbp

OLD RAP BAD, NEW RAP GOOD

Attached: 1537121962584.png (513x386, 92K)

Now that zoomers exist millennials have just folded into becoming boomers. They're less relevant than Gen X at this point.

How do you even dare to put 6ix9ine and Travis Scott in the same picture? It seems like the only track you ever heard from Travis is Sicko Mode.

Modern rock is shit though.

What the fuck is a zoomer?

reverse that

You.

Attached: 1551229733979.png (604x717, 814K)

How many months and people STILL don't get this meme?

Attached: tenor.gif (498x278, 1.3M)

Sucks if you're american. Sudamerica, especially Brazil, is definitely going through some great times for hip hop and rap.

DOOG PAR WEN ,DAB PAR DLO

Attached: 3643030031551.png (513x386, 94K)

Because is a shit meme

>Dab

Attached: 1463362996888.png (709x502, 280K)

Because for some it's better to be in denial about how dogshit bland music is now than admit that the entire generation of music they grew up with is boring and shit as fuck.

Attached: MEMPHIS_stax-logo.png (1500x1500, 460K)

I don't even know what it means desu.

Spic rap?

fellow brazilian here. what rappers do you consider great?

Zoomer doesn't mean anything but "person/thing I don't like." Don't worry about it.

it means youngfucks and especially newfags that like shit and have shit opinions

No, Brazilian rap is very different from the usual hispanic stuff. There's been some very well produced, well written albums coming out recently; probably not as good if can't understand the lyrics and the references/samples they use.

I started listening to recent BR stuff a couple months ago, so I'm by no means that well versed in it, but I've been loving Baco Exú Do Blues, Black Alien, Emicida, Djonga, Rael, Rashid, Diomedes Chinaski, Rincon Sapiência

I recommend either Baco's or Emicida's debut albums and working your way from there, although the best BR rap album of the decade so far for me is Djonga's O Menino Que Queria Ser Deus.

0 (zero) good posts ITT so far

This has got to be some bait. Noone actually likes nwa right? They’re industry plants. I assume anyone that says they listen to them are trying too hard or actually dont listen to hip hop

A member of generation Z - one born since the late 90s/millennium. It's a fun way to equate them with baby boomers, and it's easy to make fun of them because they unironically enjoy the music of literal retards like 69, XXX, and Lil Peep.

Attached: IMG_3107.jpg (424x283, 37K)

>Don't worry about it.
Oh shit now I'm worried

>pretending that skits haven’t ruined tons of great hip hop albums
I’m so fucking glad that trend stopped. Also boom bap is one of the most 1 dimensional sound and encourages the use of a single flow and production style

Hip hop started off great at the beginning of the decade. Somewhere along the way they dropped the ball. It really is traps fault.
>all the early OF releases
>live love asap
>XXX
>blackland radio
>mista thug isolation
>the Freddie Gibbs stuff if you're into that (not as big of a deal to me)
>gkmc
>flockavelli
>ton of Gucci mane stuff
>trunk muzik
>ex military
>multiple big Krit releases
>kush and OJ
We got a ton of now classic (like genuinely classic not r/hhh tier everything new is a classic classic) hip hop releases and so many different sounds at once. Then for some reason trap become a meme that everyone had to do and the sound homogenized into utter boring bullshit. It seemed like the early 2010s was a resurgence in hip hop with so many different styles and characters and personalities, all contributing a unique sound but still keeping it hip hop and lyrical, to an extent. Then somewhere after SGP you got fags like bones, who ran with the Memphis shit and became a fake persona to fill a niche. Then you just get faker and faker the farther you go into the decade. Suicideboys do the Memphis shit and just rip off three six songs, adding corny lex Luger drums to old songs and rapping about edgy bullshit. Then you get the lil peeps, xxxtentacions, and lil pumps of the world. To me they all were plants. Odd Future were plants but at least Tyler had a unique vision, and Earl could rap his ass off. It becomes an issue when there is no music to back it up, like with Lil Peep and his team of pop writers or XXXtentacion and his unending anime corniness, or 6ix9ine and Trippie Redd with their whole false career arc. I saw very little "grinding" from any of those rappers. They were manufactured into stars. With someone like SGP it felt like his rep was purely from word of mouth and enjoyment of his music and style. I don't even remember him having videos for stuff from blackland? Lil Ugly Mane didn't really either, nothing official that I remember.

>music

Attached: DO77SKKU8AADk-3.jpg large.jpg (2048x1344, 560K)

Hip hop has changed so little in the 60ish years it's been around.
Sort of the perfect genre for mass produced music. Takes one guy to make beats, cannibalize fringe internet culture/ghetto caricatures and use ad firms and focus groups to develop a branded character to speak over the beat.
Bam. Done. Literally anyone could do it, it's more about the ads then the music.

Helsing station is better than anything any of the niggers in NWA ever made.

>and it's easy to make fun of them because they unironically enjoy the music of literal retards like 69, XXX, and Lil Peep
Dude...nobody listens to that except for meme value/yucks.

Because it sounds better and people enjoy it.

NWA sucks ass and I could never understand why people thought that people like Eazy E and Are we there yet? Ice Cube were ever hard to begin with.

Attached: It was like she was looking at walking garbage.jpg (480x554, 68K)

this

Cube and Dre are the ultimate suburban middle class babbies/studio gangstas.

If you listen to SOC only the first three tracks have any gangsta shit in them, the rest of the album is just the usual 80s hip-hop "Celebrate our hood and have a party" shit.