The absolute state of punk rock

>the absolute state of punk rock

Attached: 246.png (684x620, 396K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S1RN0Kz7Mz0
youtube.com/watch?v=0LNyYRIBkk4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Punk has always been extra gay compared to how extremely gay music is in general.

Also the ramones had literally two songs and spent as many decades playing themselves out.

Nazi punks fuck off

What are punk bands supposed to be oppressed by these days? Boredom i guess?

Trump's tyrannical administration.

here's some real modern punk
youtube.com/watch?v=S1RN0Kz7Mz0

IDLES are pretty good though, and soibois don't even like them because they're "muh white men with guitars", which is a musical sin in the eyes of millennials.

Also pic related is great modern punk rock.

Attached: med_1529935454_00018.jpg (640x470, 94K)

this but unironically
fuck blumpf and fuck white people

fuck blimpf and fuck you personally

t. racist incel

>Yea Forums thinks this is punk.

Attached: soyFORboomers.jpg (869x592, 73K)

both of those are utter shit

Attached: download.png (1000x966, 1.29M)

>"muh white men with guitars", which is a musical sin in the eyes of millennials.
No one thinks this

Where are you from? I live in California and guitar music is doing fine in liberal music scenes.

Also OP I know your post is a joke because no one in their right mind would think that the Ramones are better than Idles or any modern punk band. The Ramones have a few songs I like but that's it.
>The KKK Took My Baby Away
>Sheena Is A Punk Rocker
>I Wanna Be Sedated

I get that they're a classic band but they're boring.

What punk bands do you like anyway I'm curious

>Two posts mentioning The Chats

Based. Superstardom for the best band in the world is coming.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 12.01.14.png (978x720, 412K)

Attached: 354453.png (684x620, 496K)

I'm from the UK and festival line ups in recent years have been criticised if they book white men with guitars as headliners.

Pretty anecdotal but valid I guess, either way quality should always be the focus of booking shows or festivals etc.

I think diversity in music or anything is certainly a good thing but nothing is more pandering and insulting than just removing white bands from lineups because they're white.

It's a complicated seesaw of trying to give publicity to bands that you believe in without looking like you're pandering. Because if the band isn't good it looks like you're pandering which is all subjective anyway.

i like how the same people who run around showing other people their "gee DeBore" books refuse to acknowledge basic concepts he covered such as "recuperation" because they think shit like dyke grrrl "zines" and roller derby and poopie guitar music from thirty years ago "owns like hell" because it was more Authentic than fucking i don't know
solange or something fuck it

if you still think counter culture has some kind of significance or does anything you're a silly bitch and brazenly ignoring recent history. i hope you keep shoveling money at these people

Nirvana were a hardcore punk band in their earlier days. Are you retarded? Oh nevermind, you're a """white""" amerimutt piece of shit. Shart olympics when?

>What punk bands do you like anyway I'm curious

The Clash, Black Flag, The Jam, The Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, The Sex Pistols, Descendents. Basically classic era stuff.

caring about punk is sóy as fuck. it's a genre designed to be garbage and made by talentless retards

OP here. Shut up.

apparently OP doesn't like you

>Nirvana were a hardcore punk band in their earlier days
Not the person you replied to but they were a grunge band (punk and metal, mostly metal) that went alternative rock inspired by The Wipers, Sonic Youth, and the Pixies. Sorry, just a big fan.

But does this sound like "hardcore punk?"

youtube.com/watch?v=0LNyYRIBkk4
Those are good bands. Would you concede that The Clash made a lot of different kinds of music and didn't want to be stuck in the format of their early music or the sounds of The Ramones? I wouldn't be surprised if they were an influence on Idles.

Oh never mind I guess that wasn't OP? I can never tell
Enjoy your emotionless prog rock dummy

chatspilled and blessed

Nigga the Ramones were fucking trash, at least pick a good punk band to represent "old punk".
Also reminder that the Dead Kennedys were liberal and Minor Threat sang about not doing drugs or having sex, and both of these bands are hailed as among the greatest punk bands of all time. So nothing happened to punk, fag. It was always like this.

almost fell asleep reading this post

>Would you concede that The Clash made a lot of different kinds of music and didn't want to be stuck in the format of their early music or the sounds of The Ramones?

They revolutionised the idea of punk rock bands not needing to play punk rock all the time. I'd say the difference between British and American punk is that British punk bands were more experimental.

NAZI DRUMPF GO AWAY

Attached: SOYSHIRTSOY.jpg (999x1200, 252K)

based parents family vs seething 4chin virgins

Attached: WHAT THE FUCK.png (200x267, 34K)

go back