How do we save Yea Forums?

Attached: 1551216735138.jpg (768x768, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dpvOdXpY76A
rbt.asia/mu/search/text/interest social capital/page/3/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. Stop making "how do we save Yea Forums" threads

More sharethreads
Eliminate kpop general
Less spam/repetitive meme threads
Ban anons that use cat avatars

Better memes

generosity and understanding!

Remove kpop generals

Mark Hollis needs to resurrect and declare himself as the Jesus man

Hot take - Yea Forums is literally fine how it is, no changes necessary

This

literally just by having mods
I genuinely think none browse here anymore and only delete threads when they get pinged by the one janny

i guarantee at least 7 people will respond "fpbp" to this, and that is why Yea Forums is dying

Everything depends on jannies/mods doing their jobs and god knows this place is practically a wasteland as far as that's concerned.
Basically this The kpop fags are unironically one of the most well-behaved groups on here. Even considering deleting their threads is like poking a wasps' nest with a stick. Better to keep it contained.

Shut up faggot

can we get one of each dubs itt? if we do, maybe that will save Yea Forums

suck a dick kpop spic

>delete kpop threads
>their shit spreads all over the board
>oh no how could this happen who could've seen this coming
I bet you're also one of those faggots who thinks deleting /pol/ will solve this website's problems too.

Your mum saves my dick

Fpbp

Attached: aditya1.jpg (193x280, 18K)

ban kpoopfags

Name one (1) bad thing /kpg/ does to this board. I'll wait.

Attached: 1543580549013.jpg (810x1126, 431K)

>par boards

kpop is fine contained where it is but the memes and obvious bait r pretty bad

Everyone in this thread go start a thread right now about what you’d like to talk about
Just do this all the time and the board will get good

very cringe
sharethreads are basically useless
and the cat threads are the best things on this board

Kpop pedros are a bunch of cucks.

to fix acute problems:
automatic ban for "music for this feel" "nigger"
make pepe the frog allowed only on B
make seperate board for K pop

long term issues:
getting people to read the sticky
getting more janitors
getting people to read the rules.

>The kpop fags are unironically one of the most well-behaved groups on here.
its not music related though.

THIS IS NOW A TEEN PSEUD THREAD
ONLY post if you are a teen pseud
ONLY give snark comments/remarks to plebs
ONLY give recommendations to fellow teen pseuds
poo poo pee pee penis and vagina
women with dicks and teen pseuds with vaginas

Attached: neckyourselfvirginfaggotpseud.jpg (1722x1452, 665K)

please don't ban this guy

why do spics and pajeets love kpop so much?

read the rules if youre new to the site.

what the fuck is a pseud

We just need 33, 22, 11, 99, & 00

Their presence is a nuisance and implies that they remotely care about music discussion

>22
see

I don't get how this is pseud

People that talk about “dubs” should be executed in public

get a load of this guy

Attached: checkem.jpg (938x944, 94K)

this shit board can't be saved. you're all part of the problem. even itt people talk like retarded jerks.

Looooooool

Attached: 1532942905700.jpg (1440x1472, 468K)

Digits

Yea Forums got noticeably worse when last.fm went downhill and we stopped having last.fm threads. Offered a real non-anonymous sense of community and continuity between threads and contributed to a more "stable" board culture.

All high traffic boards on Yea Forums are shit anyway.

based trips

incorrect

We can have a full on, bump-limit reaching discussion on this over and over again, it won't mean shit as long as this board is more or less stranded by mods/jannies.

Yeah let’s bring back all the trip fags too, fuck anonymity!

i say kill kikes and hang niggers

>implying
Nice projection. There's an obvious difference between tripfagging and getting to know people outside the board pertaining music.

I can repeat all the things said here and many times before but honestly a big problem here that people just fall into bait way to easily. It's easy to ignore the shitty political baits but it doesn't happen and it gets 200+ replies.

Can we just ban pol posting? Like the discussion surrounding left and right pol music is fine. I really don't care about nazi punk threads and LARPing black metal white supremacists if they just kept to a single thread. I don't want to see the actual political discussion on the board though. It has no place.

Not really, both practices destroy any anonymity. I take it you’re a supporter of discord threads also? Fuck off

Don’t you know? You’re just an ignorant American if you don’t want political discussion here! Get out of here stupid American, you’re so stupid jeez pay attention to me stupid head!

No, they fucking don't, and I don't use discord. There's a black and white difference between making non-anonymous posts on Yea Forums and then being able to go on last.fm and see what other Yea Forums-posters are listening to. It lends real accountability to posters here without making their posts any less anonymous. Hell I could be following everyone ITT but I wouldn't know who they are. But I do get to know what people are listening to. now you can fuck off, brainlet.

Why do you need to know what people are listening to? So you can craft your own delusional ideal of what good music is amongst your peers? Why can’t you just take the recs that are given on Yea Forums? And I don’t know why you think the users of last fm had any insightful recommendations, because anything they’re listening to is most likely entry level shit we’ve all heard, entry level shit that would’ve been posted on Yea Forums anyway! So basically, we’ve come full circle and the only point of last fm was to show off your music taste in a gambit to become more secure with yourself, your own cult of personality based on fuckin music of all things. Please fuck off or admit you just want people to know who you are

Whoops, meant for

please stop coming here, you're whats wrong with this fucking board

>nobody is genuinely interested in finding more music
>I feel a certain way about something so others certainly must too

yes user

>Ban all rap discussion
>Ban all fagt*no discussion
>Ban all celebrity drama discussion
>Eliminate kpop general
>Better memes
>Bring back the massaposter
That's pretty much it. Pic quasi-related.

Attached: [gay silence].jpg (480x480, 15K)

BERNIE SANDERS IS AMERICA’S JESUS CHRIST

Pepe and Wojack will save us (they always do)

Fair enough, I was projecting a little

fpbp

Remove hip hop, leave old skool rap

K-pop(abbreviation ofKorean pop; Hangul:케이팝) is a genre of popular musicoriginating in South Korea.

Make a new board for music older than 15 years. Or anything outside the current cultural zeitgeist. Similar to /vr/. Then make Yea Forums specifically for current relevant music. As much as I like older stuff, it's not relevant anymore. Especially the old old stuff like 60s-80s stuff everything's already been said and there isn't really any room for new discussion

>K-pop(abbreviation of Korean pop; Hangul:케이팝) is a genre of gook fetishism originating in South Korea.
ftfy

Fringe and Cringepilled

Sorry thats me actually

Attached: 90db4a4922.jpg (333x353, 26K)

This
I'm fucking tired of seeing the same threads about albums that have been out for almost 50 fucking years. Like if you really want to know about it do your own research.
Fuck, pretty much all the albums worth their shit have a dozen or so books written about them. Read those don't clog up the board.

Can't. It's been completely lost to ironic memer Reddit highschoolers. This board is utterly doomed and unsalvageable.

>Hot take
I'll tell you how to save Yea Forums, ban anyone who uses twitter lingo like this fag right here.

Delete Die Lit from your music library

Ban generals, or make /mug/

>More sharethreads
they're consistent in their niche more would ruin it
>Eliminate kpop general
they dont do anything its only 1 thread and they're contained
>Less spam/repetitive meme threads
you mean better janitors
>Ban anons that use cat avatars
avatar use is already against the rules

I saw some fun and creative threads here recently
There is also a lot of mediocre ones, so here is an idea:
Why don't we make more threads of the kind we would like to see, and not reply to bait and political threads?
And reply to cool threads?

Ban mobile posting

Attached: 1468252663595.jpg (470x475, 48K)

Nothing wrong with mobile posting. Some of us have lives

Attached: 8DCCCE44-9CC7-4C9F-9ECF-8F9A2562AAC7.jpg (125x112, 2K)

>>Bring back the massaposter
fuck you that guy was horrendous, at least bring back the fat-tay poster

My problems with mobile users:

1) It's hard to type on touchscreens. This means people are more likely to make shorter posts, with shorter words in. This obviously leads to a lowered level of discourse.

2) It's hard to read due to the smaller screen. This applies to boards, threads and posts. A long post is more likely to be ignored on a phone as it is just so hard to read. If a thread is several hundred posts long then it just won't be read through, and the phone user's post has more chance of being irrelevant to the discussion. And it's harder to browse boards too, possibly meaning increased likelihood of duplication of threads as mobile users miss/can't be bothered to check for them.

3) Images. Many of us have hundreds if not thousands of images saved and meticulously catalogued. This is an image board of course. It's not outrageous to suggest that people on mobile devices don't have that many, and that they're not well organised. Plus, it's harder to quickly save a new image if you don't have one that fits to what you want, or if you're searching for something in particular. Not impossible, but harder. So, mobile users almost certainly have less images, which are organised poorly, and it's a pain to quickly get a new one. So what will this lead to? Spamming of the same few images over and over again. As more mobile users see these, they'll save them and keep posting them too. An epic new maymay is born.

4) Difficult to research on. I almost didn't include this, as many people on standard computers don't research either, but I decided to because it's so much harder to on mobile devices. Without easy access to information, discussion will just revolve around what people think and shout the loudest, rather than actually checking their facts with a quick ctrl-t.

cont.

5) Easy to ban evade from. As OP said, or even just connecting to multiple wifi networks as they go about their day. Obviously this could be done with a laptop, and lots of IPs can be changed with a router reset. However, this is not a reason to allow those who can do it so easily and perhaps without even realising.

6) Used when on the go so less likely to get deeply into discussion. If people can sit down at their computer and post, 99% of the time they will. Most people would only use their mobile device if they're out and about doing something, perhaps browsing during their break at work or during a gap in classes. I feel this style of browsing, this dipping in and out will lead to lower quality of discussion too. If you've only got a few minutes you're not going to open a thread with hundreds of long replies, then type one up yourself and reply to comments. No, you'll just find a short funny one and post a short funny comment and move on. Then later when you've got another few minutes you might come back to it, or go onto another easily digestible thread. I anticipate someone bringing up public transport here, to which I will just respond with "Why the fuck do you want to post on Yea Forums whilst on the bus?".

I could think of more reasons, but this is probably the bulk of my argument and is enough to be getting on with. A brief summary would be something like:
Mobile users are inherently less likely to post high quality content, both text and images, due to the limitations of the device. This combined with the site being more difficult to use due to the smaller screen means that low quality threads are more likely to be made, and filled with low quality replies and a small number of images posted over and over again. This low quality will be compounded by it being nearly impossible to ban anyone at all who breaks the rules on these devices, and by such users only using the site "casually" ie during a gap between other things.

not enough generals to warrant that and it'll separate actual cohesive threads from the shitpile. like /vg/ and /vr/ or Yea Forums

>This obviously leads to a lowered level of discourse.
You are complaining about the quality of the discourse on this fucking board? Which never had any good discourse to begin with? You can't be this delusional.

Also didn't read the rest because it's annoying to read long posts on my phone.

>You are complaining about the quality of the discourse on this fucking board? Which never had any good discourse to begin with?
dont believe you've been here more than a few months

>More sharethreads
irrelevant
>Eliminate kpop general
use filter
>Less spam/repetitive meme threads
no
>Ban anons that use cat avatars
finally got something right
based
based, pseudposting have been saving chart threads for a long time now by relentless bumping
how new

JUST MAKE GOOD BREDS, AND INTERACT
IT'S LITERALLY GOOD NOW
I found lots music, had a laugh from time to time
just shut the fuck up with these "how to save /enter_board/" threads

More than 8 years

Computer posters: autists that actually know about music
Mobile posters: zoomers that 'discovered' music 6 months ago

Off topic low effort shit is already against the rules the mods and janitors just don't do their job.

>Which never had any good discourse to begin with?
then you know this isnt true at all

Ban everyone except cat posters and "international makes me cry" poster.
Also, enough with the pathetic fucking waifu threads everyday.

>never had any good discourse to begin with
Good discourse doesn't mean every post needs to be two paragraphs, just that it needs to be insightful and relevant, which barely any posts are these days

I like to type a lot, I want to express full opinions, but the sad truth is nobody wants to read long posts. They're so much more likely to get ignored I now try to always make the post as short as I can, which also has the advantage that if ignored at least I haven't spent much time on it

start listening to good music wtf
ye, g-eazy and x come on
even ariana gets it in these days

bring back bengafuel hairy armpit threads
youtube.com/watch?v=dpvOdXpY76A

LOOOOL

Theyre not fucking useless, some of us who actually listen to music use them.

>being so fucking autistic about phoneposting that you save a copypasta about things "wrong" with it
jesus christ you're a fucking faggot

Attached: laughing at you.gif (320x240, 1.85M)

Ban incels
Ban based and redpilled posters
Ban poltards
Ban psueds from lit
Ban all faggots from fit
Ban vinyl threads
Implement ids
Range ban third worlders

i doubt anyone will read this but I tiped it anyway

i...dont think you can save Yea Forums or any board

the driving filter (at least how i see it but feel free to correct me) is board culture enforced by the regular visitors of a board usually when someone new would come on a board they would either lurk quite a while to learn how a board works and the slowly start etching their way into the general population, this makes it feel earned to be "part" of a board, that being said their was the majority that came unto a board, made a billigerantly stupid thread and got offended when people offered him science based fact on why he is stupid and should kill himself, and he moved on

recently however theirs been a huge influx of people that use Yea Forums and it destroyed board culture so much that anyone can post the stupedest shit and still feel welcome (sound familiar?)

the catch is hat these stupid posts are vaguely related to the board, thats why /r9k/ has become tumblr (or at least thats what the refugees say, i could never stand the board myself) and Yea Forums is so full of people that doesnt know the first thing about what actually makes a show good

imo Yea Forums and (dare I say) Yea Forums has (arguably) by far gotten off the best because they are so full of niche groups

Attached: 1460623005667.png (1127x685, 37K)

>they dont do anything its only 1 thread and they're contained

It's consistently at the top of the board and overshadowing other threads. Not even including that most of the discussion is people talking about who they want to fuck.

God is it so bad that I wanna come to Yea Forums after I nut from /gif/ you asshole.

Attached: end me.png (362x368, 140K)

Maybe by bringing tripfags and elitism back. If not tripfags, then only more discussion about varied and less talked about albums. The main problem is repetitive discussions about same albums and lack of quality discussions and lengthy, non-shitpost, non-meme posts. The best discussions I come across are on threads about rarely posted albums, genres, artists, countries. It's because anons that are knowledgeable about these topics will see this as their time to shine and share some interesting insight for others to learn, enjoy and think about and build a healthy discussion out of it.

Most oldfags have no interest in discussing Yea Forumscore albums anymore because they have seen and said everything about them that could possibly have been said. Nowadays when I see a thread with Loveless intro pic and title "Can someone explain the appeal?", I see no interest in going into that thread and writing anything meaningful anymore after so many years, although I love it with all my heart. It has become tiring. Obscure albums on the other hand provide something refreshing and lively to talk about.

is the psychedelic drone thread good or no. should that become a feature

Purge all degenerates, faggots and trannies. Relentlessly mock, insult and laugh at non-patrician tastes.

Sure, why not. I like learning about new genres!

ban /daily/
ban sharethreads
ban any mention of redacted
ban soundcloud and bandcamp
give webm with sound
pin kpop threads to the last page
pin all other generals to page 7 and below
show threads that are paid promotions so I can choose whether or not I want to participate in it.

Keep making "This album FUCKS" threads

holy shit

the best answer so far, 50% of threads in the catalog should mandatory be about non-mucore albums

Poor kid. That’s basically abuse.

You should have to provide ID to post on Yea Forums you need to be at least 40 (like me) to have an opinion on music because quite frankly in terms of music, wisdom comes with time.

Rename kpop threads kpoopie
XD

BASED

Unironicall i like this idea no one under the age of 18 should be on here, or anywhere on the Internet with adults. It’s drastic but an ID system would work

>how do we save Yea Forums guys?

lets add more elitism and ban half of board culture!!

What an absolutely terrible idea, the zoomer cucks taking over this board thrive on pseudo-elitism, the only thing adding more elitism will bring is more bullshit, as for the threads... i will admit they have gone a bit stale, but they serve thier purpose, which is to bring more (somewhat) coherant people here through a niche

not everyone likes classical music :)

picle rick amiright

Attached: 110.png (554x400, 87K)

based

i second the id system for 18+ , although im not really sure how it would accuratly work

Fuck off retards go post on reddit

It's easy just take a picture of your ID with a time stamp and cover up any names you want and just use it as the picture every time you post. Simple.

I’m gonna start doing this

>if someone disagrees with my views they are reddit

zoomers are the only one offended by this, go do your homework before your stepfather comes kick your ass

Attached: 1491612430532.jpg (284x177, 8K)

dubs confirm

Bro you’re using a zoomer tier Yea Forums meme, could it be a larp?

>everytime you post

maybe more of a Yea Forums pass tipe deal, although still flawed because anyone can take their big brothers id, it would probably be better than what we have now

so much for being faceless and nameless

I still don't get why you retards think killing the kpop general will somehow save Yea Forums. I don't like them but they don't disturb the rest of the board at all, just use a filter or manually hide their thread. Metalfags on the other hand are always whining about other genres and no one here wants them out
not gonna happen, there are too many r9kfags/poltards and not enough mods. The key is to ignore their replies or at least sage
Yea Forums third worlders have better taste than the rest in my experience

nice idea user, that’ll definitely happen sometime soon

trips of truth. Every time I try to actually discuss music outside Yea Forumscore my threads die with 1 person calling me based or 1 simple bump. Fuck everyone in this board

Is this bait? Why the fuck are you posting on Yea Forums still at 40 lmao

I know we like to pretend that Yea Forums is actually 18+ but anyone who has been posting on Yea Forums long enough knows this board has always attracted kids in their mid teens. It's always been one of the core demographics

This, this board easily has one of the younger demographics across the site.

I started shitposting on Yea Forums in high school. Around the time the Exmilitary mixtapes started making the rounds on here. The guys who have aged out of their teens on here forgot when they started posting here. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of posters on here were in a similar age range when they first came around

the core users are college anons and maybe boomers tho (except the notable exception of the board that must not be named), they have 9gag and plebbit thats basically built for them

When you complain about Yea Forums think for a second about what it would mean for it to be "better". The only thing that would fundamentally change the content of the board would be a change in the users. You want more discussion of your favorite genre? The only thing that will cause that is more anons who know about that genre coming to the board. You can't make that happen with rules or complaining. It's not like there are thousands of high quality posters who would all be making high quality posts all the time but they're just being distracted by shitposting threads. The anons you want to "discuss music" with in some overly serious way just aren't here. Go find them wherever they are.

Personally I would like the mods to ban the schizo faggot who keeps spamming hip hop and other retarded shit in /bleep/. It would also be nice if hip hop, top 40, and waifu shit were banned but that's not gonna happen so I just ignore it. I actually think there's a lot of great humor in the shitposting on Yea Forums, and I wouldn't want to change that.

I was like 15

We can't, in the long run, because the quality of boards is just determined by the quality of the people in them. If your people are shit, you're going to have the shittiest shit possible that doesn't blatantly break the rules.

I don't ask for much, just want less left wing/ring wing or whatever shitposting (there are political albums so keep those thoughts contained to them etc) and probably keep e-celeb talk/worship to a single thread. but since we have shit for moderation, I am wasting my time thinking/typing about this.

I feel the same, this is true for every form of entertainment rn user

>the zoomer cucks taking over this board thrive on pseudo-elitism,
But this is not true. So many newfags currently unironically discuss mumble rappers and generic top 40 stuff. Do you know what happened to Yea Forums? That board currently only consists of discussing superhero movies, most generic Netflix series, twitter feuds, ecelebs, etc. And Yea Forums is on very good way of it happening to it as well.

I mean, if constant stale and repetitive discussion of Yea Forums-core albums is for bringing more coherent people through a niche, that's fine by me. But number of those threads should be reduced because serious discussion of such albums has become nearly impossible. By elitism I didn't mean being pretentious and egoistic, but simply discussing albums that have fewer than one thousand RYM ratings and such, great albums that should definitely get more exposure and generate meaningful discussion.

literally just filter them. it's easy as shit and once you've filtered all the kpop thread titles you'll never see one ever again

based

I hate posting this all over the time all over this fucking website but Yea Forums got notably worse with the reinstatement of /pol/ and the subsequent election. I dont give a shit about posting alongside alt righties or lefties. I just hate seeing a conversation about US politics every time I browse co, mu, or some other third board. It's no longer escapable. I just wanna shitpost and discuss about music. The baiting and false flag posting is off the fucking charts and people keep playing into it.

There's a lot of 60s-70s-80s albums that are little discussed on Yea Forums. For example, there is one thread about classic soul and R&B for every 50 threads about Pet Sounds or Station to Station.

Yea Forums was never good to begin with. It started out as a shitty circlejerk for tripfags so that they could measure their e-peens over music taste, which people here take such pride in even though it means jack fucking shit anywhere else aside from RYM, which is even more shit than this place.

Attached: shit.png (1837x486, 122K)

This reads like a Chris Ott take. Not necessarily a criticism of the post, just an observation.

>posting a screenshot from 2018
That copypasta literally started in 2013, maybe even before:
rbt.asia/mu/search/text/interest social capital/page/3/

its...hard to argue with you when you put it like that,

its just kindof sad that we have to regulate content because of an influx of people that dont know what it takes for a song to be good but also cant learn because of the threads where unironic discussion of garbage is encouraged

1. Ban all waifuposting
2. Ban all discussion of Soundcloud rap
3. Ban all discussion of Ariana Grande
4. Ban all discussion of entry level classic rock
4. Ban all "music for this feel" threads
6. Ban all posting of Feel Guy/Pepe

Dont mess with /kbg/... this is a warning.

How do we save Yea Forums?

Attached: soul_souless.png (2200x874, 1.58M)

i meant kpg but im retard, but the warning still stands, if you fuck with kpop generals Yea Forums dies.

shitposting is funny and keeps the board from becoming reddit. Entry level classic rock includes many ultimate classic albums. The only rules necessary to fix Yea Forums are: no hip hop, no top 40, no waifus. Not just because these topics are garbage, but because if these topics were banned the kind of posters who post about these topics would leave and that would solve everything else.

>elitism
this. new users from hiphopheads/indieheads/fantano/kanyetothe are a little too emboldened for how unaware and dumb they are. i've never seen this place more casual which is why the Yea Forumscore threads are still so prominent.

See >we can't discuss a currently happening music movement like Soundcloud rap but we can discuss Pet Sounds for the 800th time

The distinctino is not "old" vs "current". It's shit vs good. But anyway, banning hip hop, top 40, and waifushit would fix everything, or as you say, making a new board where these things are banned.

>Soundcloud rap
>music
Uh...

stop talking about rap, like it's barely music.

Make Yea Forums a metal board again since it's seen like that by the rest of Internet (see pic related for proof)

Attached: mu-metal.png (1080x1120, 464K)

>rap-hatred
God, I wish this became true again.

>shitposting is funny and keeps the board from becoming reddit
Shitposting is so bad and vanilla now. Unfunny newfaggots want to be funny and get their quote dopamine so badly that they'll settle for being unfunny as long as it looks like they're doing it ironically. The board is a melting pot of casuals now.

Is there any Paramore or Chvrches discussion that's actually about the music and not waifuposting?

i agree with this it would solve all problems

You know you don't _have_ to participate in Pet Sounds thread #84884904. You can just hide and ignore it.

tripfags cared about their reputation so at least they always tried to bring something new to the table and provide us with meaningful comments.. they should definitely make a comeback

Kpg doesn’t contribute anything to the board and isn’t even remotely music related

>discussing Pet Sounds is suddenly Yea Forums's biggest problem
Imagine being this deluded. It's insane, next to all the other legit problems.

it's just rap circlejerks now. lot of pseudo intellectual hood rats like it.

And let's be honest, the quality of the discussion is usually higher than it is in Soundcloud rap or Ariana Grande threads.

We should just do some total meme bullshit. Like give every person a counter that says bands listened to. And every thread you make about a band gets you a point for your counter.

We get it, John Lennon abused women. Does it need yet another thread?

>2) It's hard to read due to the smaller screen. This applies to boards, threads and posts. A long post is more likely to be ignored on a phone as it is just so hard to read. If a thread is several hundred posts long then it just won't be read through, and the phone user's post has more chance of being irrelevant to the discussion. And it's harder to browse boards too, possibly meaning increased likelihood of duplication of threads as mobile users miss/can't be bothered to check for them.
I'm a phoneposter and I read long posts just fine. You, on the other hand, are a technologically illiterate boomer

kek, my thoughts exactly

Board's beyond saving.
Ban Chart threads.
Anyone truly knowledgeable ends up a pompous snob or just eventually leaving with very few exceptions.

Attached: jumex-next-to-jumex.png (554x591, 763K)

I wondered that too.

this board's shitposting sucks ass, stop trying to fool yourself.

What's with those random /pol/ threads like "Why do libtards oppose a border wall"? Is it a bot making them or what.

zoomers and pseuds will take that shit seriously tho

Attached: 1489838776681s.jpg (250x206, 7K)

Ban any use of "boomer" or "zoomer".

Out of all of the stupid buzzwords and memes to come out of this site as of late "zoomer" has got to be the most retarded of them. At least s o y posting died out for a few months before it made a resurgence.

watch this

t.zoomer

Attached: 8c3.jpg (496x496, 134K)

Yea Forums is ridiculously easy to b8. You could post a picture of Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez with the caption "What music does she listen to" to try and make it a superficially music-related thread and idiots will fall for it every time.

Arirl Pink snd Maus are great
>t.25 yr old boomer

Ban any threads about "Is rock dead?" "What can we do to bring rock back?" and "Is hip-hop the new rock?" because they're Reddit-level.

Attached: thanksanon.jpg (1920x960, 126K)

Do you actually expect anyone to read all that shit about a complaint that is fundamentally retarded?

cringe and retardpilled

>Ban poltards
>Range ban third worlders
really made me think though

t. ultimate poptimist shill working overtime

Yes, lets make this a safe space for you to post your pedo fodder plants.

can't wait for liberal democracy to finally collapse under its own contradictions and we get either socialism or barbarism so you retards can stop shitting up every online space with asinine culture war shitflinging

>sharethreads are basically useless
I don't think I've ever read anything more wrong on this board.

That's why its funny

And it still continues to be true to this day.

i agree to an extent, by why the FUCK are you wasting your life on a japanese cartoon anime dweeb site, like, LMAAO, bro

Attached: bro..jpg (251x242, 13K)

more music less rap or electronic

>Fuck, pretty much all the albums worth their shit have a dozen or so books written about them. Read those don't clog up the board.
Since I haven't seen anyone write about Nickelback's catalog, we know they aren't worth shit.

dubs?

Attached: get-a-load-of-this-guy-9648886.png (500x570, 136K)

you bet your ass

Wtf else is there to do I'm.watching sports.

Attached: olc ktucuvl.png (564x564, 177K)

>2019
>still acting like Nickelback and Bieber are a musical boogeyman

dubs confirm.. user is watching sports

>The best discussions I come across are on threads about rarely posted albums, genres, artists, countries. It's because anons that are knowledgeable about these topics will see this as their time to shine and share some interesting insight for others to learn, enjoy and think about and build a healthy discussion out of it.

And why do KISS threads always get such quality discussion.

>There's a lot of 60s-70s-80s albums that are little discussed on Yea Forums

What would you have us discuss? The Osmonds? Barbara Mandrell? Olivia-Newton John? If it's not discussed, it's generally for a reason.

Why would you want to

The older userbase that made the board gain its reputation for anything at all has largely grown out of this board, hopefully doing more interesting things Now I would wager that the majority of Yea Forums consists of zoomers currently, and this increasing demographic change just means that the board culture will change along with it.

It doesn't matter what you ban, what you promote, et cetera, it won't do anything to seriously change the demographic.

At this point, the best thing you can do if you're really bothered by it is to migrate to some other forum for music discussion, or better yet, find some community of people IRL and letting Yea Forums predominantly define your experience with music.

>What would you have us discuss?

Attached: ken-snyder_by-request-only_album-cover-e1511324235202.jpg (450x284, 27K)

>ban incels
Yea Forums is a virgin forum. Women and normies shouldn't be allowed to post here.

See

It's dead.

It's been dead for the past eight years.
Stop trying.

Attached: mu.jpg (467x454, 23K)

more cwairo thweads

Attached: IMG_1177.jpg (1200x901, 194K)

this. mu is beyond saving and we say this same shit every month

If you see waifuposters, direct them to the board in pic related. A couple of them have started to post there and if we spread the word, they might just go and live on that board instead lmao

Attached: F92DF7E6-DAB2-4472-B0E7-5C00397A77F3.png (2872x1624, 785K)

All discussion of female musicians ultimately turns into waifushit. Even a guy like Christgau who claims to be a male feminist is no different than anyone else--his main interest in female musicians is based on whether or not he wants to fuck them.

Okay then, younger people, or people who were born in the early 2000s, or whatever term is socially acceptable now

My point stands that if you're wondering why new Yea Forums is so much worse than old Yea Forums it's probably because you're past the average age for this board, or you weren't really around for what you consider to be old Yea Forums.

Kys 12 year old

Let's just ban rock and hip hop. Feel free to talk about those genres on reddit instead.
Also, we need to have some /trad/ and /rnb/ generals that last.

>difficult to research on

Lmao rip to the boomer, society has left without you

>My point stands that if you're wondering why new Yea Forums is so much worse than old Yea Forums it's probably because you're past the average age for this board, or you weren't really around for what you consider to be old Yea Forums.

Yep, it's the ol' Moviebob argument. "Wwwell, it always sucked, you just think it didn't because you were a kid back then."

Old Yea Forums was mostly just circlejerking over P4k indie.

I think the quality of the board has gone downhill just because there hasn't been much good new music lately. Honestly, the early 2010s was a lot stronger.

No, it's always sucked, but for different reasons. Yea Forums has gone from to whatever the hell you would call it now. The qualities that may have attracted you to this board in the first place probably don't exist anymore. This board will probably never have the same influence it used to, when there were plenty of bands that could gain considerably popularity online just by being spammed here.

My real point is that this can't be changed, simply because it's a demographic issue.

Back in circa 2012 it was not accepted on Yea Forums for the most part to discuss hip-hop, top 40, and entry-level dadrock. So you can keep repeating this Moviebob argument all you want, but...

kys sperg
-sent from my moto g6

Back then it was mostly a lot of posting over indie girls like Lana Del Rey, Grimes, and St. Vincent. P4k has declined in relevance since it was bought by Conde Nast.

Do you not remember back then? That was when there would be daily >tfw no gf threads that went to the bump limit.

/gg/ needs to be nuked already. It's easily the worst general not just on Yea Forums, but on the whole fucking site. Barely any productive discussion happens and it has devolved entirely to whining about namefags.

Attached: 8b30eb53-7653-49cf-bdd6-13c70912affc.jpg (1019x568, 138K)

imagine being this buthurt about falling into a demographic

Attached: 0e9.jpg (499x499, 26K)

Generation labels are mostly made up for easy marketing purposes.

Like what the fuck does this have to do with music.

I'm disappointed at how dead /metal/ is and this decade has been so poor for new metal releases that there's hardly anything to discuss.

I hadn't thought about that either, but you could be right.

this is pretty true. Post-2015 there really just isn’t that much remarkable stuff to talk about. It hasn’t been like godawful or anything just really standard and boring

meal is for children

Also was Shake It Off the last really big pop anthem? I can't remember any since.

2010-14 you had a still very strong pop scene, you had the golden age of P4k indie girls, hip-hop was measurably stronger. P4k has become irrelevant now, hip-hop has become unlistenable, and pop has become 90s level of weak.

Bad post

Attached: 1546056539710.jpg (224x225, 6K)

Every decade is like that. You have one good half and one crummy half.

1950-54: Bad
1955-59: Good
1960-64: Bad
1965-69: Good
1970-74: Good
1975-79: Bad
1980-84: Good
1985-89: Bad
1990-94: Good
1995-99: Bad
2000-04: Good
2005-09: Bad
2010-14: Good
2015-19: Bad

nice dubs could we have mu chella and like events every month and maybe umm mu/tant radio tie in every month?

Attached: 1542419314269.jpg (1024x576, 91K)

For the 70s it was more like mid-decade was the shitty part.

my god
L M A O
M
A
O

>2000-2004
>good
9/11

I'm not sure the 2000s was good at all although 06-07 were particularly horrendous.

>hey zoomers!!, buy this pair of earphones with harmonic grip!! heros never die (thats an over watch reference)

No, no they arent

Attached: bestzoomershirt.jpg (800x800, 89K)

The 2000s produced Hot In Herre and Candy Shop two of the worst songs of all time.

They never actually talk about the music. Maybe because it’s shit lol.

>Every trip I liked has either left or killed themselves
>I'm still here
Gonna get myself banned one of these days.

Attached: 1548528837432.jpg (800x1043, 135K)

i dont know user i don't know

Attached: file.png (490x496, 28K)

don't worry user this means (what's left of) the counterculture is cooking up something big : , )
right?

someone made a good argument for keeping kpop general. where do you think theyll go if you remove those? kpopfags in YOUR thread, its more likely than you think.

>he thinks you can save Yea Forums

Attached: get a load of this guy.png (450x475, 129K)

Fuck Yea Forums

when people say they dont want kpop generals they mean they need either their own containment board or to ban all kpop related discussion unless its vague but honestly if the general was removed theyd disperse and dissipate out themselves

this and the occasional bleeding into threads with shitposts no one understands

hold up faggot

Attached: cat.jpg (300x300, 49K)

came here to post this

Attached: 42178091_253165368882418_8021772057252574511_n.jpg (674x674, 57K)

>people dissing sharethreads, the literal lifeblood of Yea Forums
how the fuck can anyone arrive at this opinion? do you guys even like music?

Attached: 1448956227459.gif (512x481, 646K)

you're kind of right. I've been on here since I was an edgy teen in the late 2000's. Been posting actively since like 2014? Yea Forums kind of has gotten off a little better. Yea Forums became something known because of Yea Forums and the shit spewing out of it. It was meme central for a minute. And once people found out there was more than just degeneracy and people could talk about other things, they moved onto a board. Some came here, others to Yea Forums or Yea Forums, so on. But Yea Forums really is a tight group. Fuck man, posting back in the day really required you to know something or else get fucking ruined. Now anyone with any semblance of a music taste comes here and board culture has been ruined horribly. I've been super split on leaving, but I haven't made my mind up. There's some good people that post here still, but it's becoming harder to find a thread to go into and enjoy more and more. Feels bad man.

Attached: 1523909591104.png (747x686, 44K)

then it would just be a hellhole of memerap troll threads with pictures of rappers, ariana grande threads by bitter faggots from /r9k/ who need to endlessly hate-orbit thots, pepe 'that feel when no gf' threads and mitski's tits threads
it's the people discussing older music that makes this board vaguely music related

you need to cut out cancer before it kills you

this

Get rid of Kpop general. This isn't just a matter of me not liking Kpop. There is no musical discussion in those threads. It's just thirsty virgins whacking off to cute asian girls. It's off-topic and it lowers the overall quality of the board even when you filter it.

Attached: 1434050629785.jpg (637x641, 91K)

kek

how new are you

great post

apparently no

>Nuisance
Why, because they take up one tile in the catalog? Just make a filter you retard

This
Although we could have more mitski's titskis threads desu

tokyo anal dynamite is a classic

impressive

Yea Forums should burn

kpoppers >>>> memerap/trap kiddies

Kpop general is off topic, faggots

No it isn't, read the rules again

Jesus...

Attached: [AWOOING STOPS].png (580x701, 275K)

Attached: do you really expect me to read all that shit.jpg (643x820, 80K)

Make it more like Yea Forums

There should be flags on Yea Forums, even if only for like a week or a month or something. It would be cool to get an idea of who's posting. I suspect it's 90% Americans (I am burger also). Also would be interested to see how much of the inability of Yea Forumstants to type sentences of English is ironic and how much is actually ESL. I find it hilarious either way.