Flying Lotus / Captain Murphy appreciation thread

Let's appreciate one of the greatest producer and rapper in the history of Hip Hop

As a Rapper, he is basically another son of MF DOOM, but I think he is even betterthan MF DOOM and other of his clones(e.g Tyler The Creator and Earl Sweatshirt) :
youtube.com/watch?v=49Jb1YP8ttQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eBWbe5XvL7E
youtube.com/watch?v=p4amEWUw6t4

As a producer, he made a lot of good tracks, sometimes accompanied of a short film or animation :
youtube.com/watch?v=-pVHC1DXQ7U
youtube.com/watch?v=0ScYz9sNaQk

And he collaborated with multiple artists :
youtube.com/watch?v=2lXD0vv-ds8
youtube.com/watch?v=f3GIzCGBgTM
youtube.com/watch?v=KELs6lrBwsE
youtube.com/watch?v=1FS35SshVxQ

Attached: Flying-Lotus-1508247651-640x611.jpg (640x611, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rE8g6etKAZw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>>>/reddit/

I never posted there.

You first

Flying Lotus > Captain Murphy

My favorite set was when he checked his emails

Attached: 1440698083111.gif (392x400, 1.33M)

I was 20 when pic related came out. Still haven’t heard anything quite like it. Listening to it intently with high quality headphones is an incredible experience. He’s a genius. Must be autistic

Attached: 3F44B6D2-B336-483C-B32A-F627BEBEE4CA.jpg (316x316, 34K)

>Must be autistic
Well, you have to consider the fact that he come from a family of musicians, so maybe he started to have interest for music early

>He is the grand-nephew of the late jazz pianist Alice Coltrane, whose husband was saxophonist John Coltrane.
>Additionally, he is the grandson of singer-songwriter Marilyn McLeod, who is notable for having written Diana Ross's "Love Hangover" and Freda Payne's "I Get High (On Your Memory)" and is Alice Coltrane's sister
>McLeod has been called by one writer "the biggest influence on Ellison's music".

Here, he talk about his aunt
>Coltrane was my aunt. I remember the ashram as kind of a journey. There’s a little mandir that everyone would go into and all be seated there on these little pillows and there’d be little instruments around
>As a kid I was like, “Oh wow, there's just—everyone’s getting down.” You know, everyone would come in with such a positive energy. You just feel it when you’re there. You’re just like oh, OK, this is—this is the real deal spiritual place. Yeah, and Auntie would come out and say some really inspiring words and then she would start playing music and everyone else would join in and they might go two, three, four hours of doing that and then everybody leaves, wow
>As a child going to the ashram was deep. The music was always crazy. Being um, encouraged to join in the circle of music happening, you know, that was a very cool experience to have. Just be surrounded by these people who are supporting you and you know, picking up an instrument and singing some stuff. You know, you’d be surprised. These people that you’ve been around for so long it’s like, “Oh man, he’s funky. OK, alright. Yeah!” You know, you didn’t see it coming but you know
>She always would say that the voice is the most powerful instrument and the importance of playing every note, using the whole instrument for everything that it has. Which can be applied to everything creative. You know, use everything and have an understanding of the tools and when to use them. Someone’s saying something for real here, you know, and I think that lo-fi angle really just gives that good saturation and I think that the funk helps to. You know, when it’s funky and you can just groove to it, you know, it’s like.... Maybe a lot of the music, you know the percussive music that we hear nowadays, this stuff makes more sense now, we’re a little bit more familiar with these kind of rhythms now to embrace it. I think that she felt she had to do it

he's the most talented musician that ever existed, definitely my fav.
cant wait for his new album to drop.

super talented and groundbreaking

looking forward to each release

he also produced an album for ''buddy''that was pretty good

has he even put anything out in the last 5 years?

i think he spent way too many resources on his movie kuso

Holy shit, I need to watch this movie.

Attached: dddd.png (858x535, 307K)

it's quite the romp

Anyone remember when he dropped the captain murphy website and everyone went wild trying to guess who it was

Kuso is better than any of his albums

>implying Lotus isn't Yea Forumscore

Lurk moar newfag

For me this is FlyLo
youtube.com/watch?v=rE8g6etKAZw