Will any subgenre of hiphop replace trap as the dominant one...

Will any subgenre of hiphop replace trap as the dominant one? I sure hope so because trap production is starting to get really boring to me, I say this as someone who embraced it originally.
I think it might actually happen since musical trends often die in the last year of the decade. Psychedelic rock died in 1969, disco in 1979, and hair metal in 1989 for instance.

Attached: 808.jpg (2356x1375, 3.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

datpiff.com/Ghost-Rene--Dub-Trap-Instrumentals-Volume-01-mixtape.926316.html
instaud.io/3gHY
instaud.io/3m61
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

More guitars and alternative rock leanings will replace traditional trap stylings in the coming years. The 'emo' rap wave will wash over us all

I'd rather have 5 more years of trap than everyone suddenly sounding like shitstaintacion

Heavy guitar use like mid 80s rap?

Hopefully more sampling of isolated guitar licks a la Crazy Town Butterfly

Imagine a snippet of some obscure 90s post rock or emo band getting sampled in a beat to a hit song by a sly producer

I think producers avoid that to not get a corny Eminem kind of vibe

2020 is going to be a huge year, music trends will start to change rapidly around then, although don't be surprised when a lot current artists hang on during the 20s as they enter their legacy phases, its the natural process

What are some productions you have? Do you think mainstream rock will come back at all?

Dub Trap
datpiff.com/Ghost-Rene--Dub-Trap-Instrumentals-Volume-01-mixtape.926316.html

Attached: Penguins.jpg (1024x768, 771K)

yeah but psychadelic rock turned into disco which turned into hair metal which turned into house which turned into modern rock which turned into trap

psychedelic rock died 6 years before disco was born

>biting this retardedly obvious bait

In the USA, Hip Hop is just going to take inspiration from Rock sub-genres, like we already see in Emo Rap and Zillakami Rap.

In Europe, sons of African immigrants are going to take inspiration from the music of their parents, like we already see with the Afro-Trap phenomenon in France and the UK, especially in France where there are already artists like Naza who frequently sample a Sebene guitar, or MHD who use Afrobeats-infused Trap percs.

Sons of Middle Eastern or Maghrebian immigrants will probably start incorporating their traditions into Hip Hop, as we already see with Rappers like Soolking who clearly has a Middle Eastern influence in his vocals, and who has been big for quite a time(again in France).

It's also possible that with the growing influence of nationalist and identitarian movements, native Europeans start to make a sort of Neo-Hip-Folk, Hip Hop with traditional European influences. This is probably not going to happen but I would love to hear an MC rap against white genocide on a dope Celtic beat.

In Asia, it seems that they just started making serious Hip Hop. When it will become mature, you will see a lot of them incorporating traditional Asian elements in their music to make Onra-esque beats.

I think hip hop might go in a more electronic direction
Or who knows, maybe we'll just get another 30 years of shitty generic trap beats with the same tired subject matter to go along with it

With how accessible and straight-forward it is to produce a trap instrumental on your computer, I don't see trap as it is right now going away soon. Lo-fi had a good run against it, also being relatively easy to produce, but it didn't have quite the same immediacy that trap does. If I were to guess, I think I'd have to agree with in that we're either going to see more electronic influence (wouldn't mind some acid-house influence to start seeping in) or it's going to continue permeating every other genre of music until hip-hop altogether collapses in on itself.

Attached: 1546406322872.jpg (226x223, 7K)

i'd really like to think most of this is going to happen and see some of it already in road rap but
>It's also possible that with the growing influence of nationalist and identitarian movements, native Europeans start to make a sort of Neo-Hip-Folk
lmao you're putting us on
this seems more in the right direction, hip hop imploding. like really, where else is there to go? 'trap' is already an electronic dance subgenre to begin with, that kind of 808 sound was made for strip clubs and can already be heard regionally back to the 80s

Trap = (niggers + thots) - romance

No romance means weakness innability to be gentle with a lady.
Romance must make a comeback. Preferably without the nigger noise.

you are not exactly the kind of person whose opinion on hiphop I value

The truth scares you doesn’t it. Because I am right. Get used to it.

yes pls

That would be interesting, that style but with more complex beats and flow. I think it could work

>No romance means weakness innability to be gentle with a lady.
Not only did you miss the point of the question, what you wrote makes zero fucking sense. What are you trying to accomplish here?

drum&hop is the future, you know.

Attached: 1550710843766.jpg (300x300, 25K)

I think it will be like fusion of Beastie Boys and King Krule. The point is to remove the corny 90's memory of nu-metal.

It sucks because I like hip hop a lot and I do follow it, but 9/10 songs I hear are STILL using trap beats and it kinda ruins the song for me.

same thing with reggaeton, I went through a phase last year where I liked it and now it's boring to me. Shame that it's like 90% of the Latin music market, it's all Brayan's fault

it's not even just hip hop, fucking everybody uses trap beats nowadays.

everywhere. this shit is the gated reverb snare of our generation

for me it's nu-hop
instaud.io/3gHY
instaud.io/3m61

>gated reverb snare of our generation
Exactly.